Blog Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
- Vino tasting in Languaridia then off to ValledeloideDay 9 Languaridia-Valledeloide
Breakfast was traditional continental with the most delicious pastries! I am feeling so so sorry for myself for being so crook and all these beautiful sights and food to indulge on and all I feel like doing is Posted by Shelle10 in From the other side of the world | Jul 10, 2010
- Balcony Race ViewingAgain, up so early! The 5:30 starts are killing us but they are now over. We got the first bus into the town with our guide Liz, and she took us to the balcony we were to view the Posted by Shelle10 in From the other side of the world | Jul 8, 2010
- Home Sweet (Away From) HomeWe offer buckets of apologies for our lack of blogs this past month! Since arriving in Zhuhai, we have been extremely busy getting acquainted with our new jobs, new home, and new lives. Also, Internet access has been rare at Posted by rovingduo in Roving Duo | Aug 20, 2010
- SingapurSo, ich bin grade in Singapur angekommen... wir haben spontan beschlossen uns die Olympischen Spiele anzuschauen... bin also nicht auf dem Handy zu erreichen... ich melde mich wenn ich wieder in Kuala Lumpur bin...
cu Posted by felix85 in Praxissemester - Malaysia | Aug 20, 2010
- Redefining the F wordFail n 1 : a fall short of performing a duty or expected action 2: a state of inability to perform a normal function 3: lack of success 4: Omission; nonperformance
Failure n Posted by Gail B in A day in the life | Aug 19, 2010
- Just a moment in timeI’m caught between joy and disappointment as I see the white sticker adorned mini-bus arrive in the distance. It’s 5 pm in Nekemte and logically I should be scrambling for any vehicle traveling in the western direction but seeing as Posted by Gail B in A day in the life | Aug 19, 2010
- It's only two years...
Sometime in the first few months I was living in Arjo I programmed my cell phone to display ‘It’s only two years…’ when I turned it on. I am constantly having to turn the phone on an off, e Posted by Gail B in A day in the life | Aug 19, 2010
- Patience, my child* I finally saw "Eat Pray Love". Solo. I've learned to go to the movies alone and really enjoy it.
The movie is a very big disappointment. Nothing like the book. So many important parts, completely omitted from it. So many Posted by enoura in North of South America - not as good | Aug 18, 2010
- Bird feeding in Walhalla
Last weekend we spent in Walhalla. David, our good friend, mentioned one day that he and a french girl, Morgane, wanted to go to the Great Ocean Road and asked if we wanted to come. I wa Posted by Sockerbit in Saras reseblog | Aug 18, 2010
- Welcome homeI felt like this blog would be incomplete without a note on the final step. I've been home for a few days now. In fact, I'm currently sitting on my bedroom floor with my laptop in my lap. I'd like Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Aug 17, 2010
- CISNE and Etta ProjectsBy popular request, more on what I am actually DOING down here in Bolivia.
Well, I volunteer with CISNE, a small organization that gives $300 loans to women to start businesses after a basic course on business skills. It began when Posted by isabel1023 in Sentimental Journey into Sight and Sound | Aug 16, 2010
- All roads lead to RomeI fell in love in Rome, it's one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. I think it's my favorite so far because it's so big and there is so much to see and do. It beats Posted by kendahlc in What in the world is Kendahl up to? | Aug 16, 2010
- Near Death ExperienceEarly this morning Curt and I got on the bus at the Slussen station to ride 45 minutes to the archipeligo where we were going on a kayaking trip. We got off the bus and met up with the Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 16, 2010
- Biking in Stockholm
I know everyone always saying the weather reports are unreliable but this has really taken the cake. When I looked up the weather in Stockholm it was going to be rainy a Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 16, 2010
- Stockholm, Sweden
Swedish meatballs, Pippi Longstocking, the smorgasbord, wooden clogs and IKEA all have one thing in common. They are from Sweden - which is where we are spending the next fou Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 16, 2010
- 1. Woche rum...So nun bin ich seit über einer Woche hier in Kuala Lumpur und es wird höchste Zeit mal einen anständigen Blogeintrag zu schreiben und euch ein paar Bilder zu zeigen…
Hmm, wo fang ich an; mittlerweile ist unsere Praktikanten-WG vollständig; Ron Posted by felix85 in Praxissemester - Malaysia | Aug 16, 2010
- LondonDay 2 – Novotel, London.
We awoke around 9:00 and headed down for our continental breakfast. It was delicious. The European food influence was starting to shine through with cheese and cold meats for breakfast!
On the agenda was finding me a Posted by Shelle10 in From the other side of the world | Jul 3, 2010
- LondonDay one
London. Arrived just after 18.30. Totally shattered after 24 hrs in trainsit. We literally were off then back on the plane in Singapore and Dubai. The last leg with Emirates was in the skybus. Average service compared to the Posted by Shelle10 in From the other side of the world | Jul 2, 2010
- Two Weeks' NoticeHello all!
I have now been in Bolivia two weeks. I have adjusted to the time difference. I have rubbed the rust of my Spanish. I have learned some new regional words. I have settled into my job, met some great Posted by isabel1023 in Sentimental Journey into Sight and Sound | Aug 15, 2010
- Hola, PrimaveraNot much happened this week besides my going to and from classes, so I'm going to describe the chaos that is the Chilean printing system.
Step 1: Find one of the five printers scattered across a campus that takes 15 minutes Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Aug 15, 2010
- Hanoi's quiet seduction
Beguiling. Hanoi is absolutely beguiling. I was here nine years ago as a scruffy backpacker – both the city and I have changed, but the combination is still pure bewitchery.
Everything and e Posted by DenaAllen in D's got her boots on | Aug 15, 2010
- Prague DreamingEvidently myself and my wife Megan (http://www.meganeaveswriting.com/home/gypsytracks.html) are insane. At least that's what I expected people to think after our third international relocation in less than 18 months. As it turned out, our Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | Aug 15, 2010
- We're back! Hey everyone! Synthia and I made it back two days ago. The plane ride was awful. I swear from Greece to Jersey took 2 hours longer on the way back. And our travels through the airport made the whole trip Posted by serj n syn in on the 7th year they rested | Aug 14, 2010
- The City of Lovers (Paris)I’d never been to Paris. Instead my knowledge came from movies like Amelie, Paris When it Sizzles, and The Moulin Rouge. I’ve talked about Paris before, about the Eiffel tower and the student riots of 1968, about Michel Foucault and Posted by broden in an ocean apart | Aug 14, 2010
- FALSCHE NUMMERIch wunder mich den ganzen Tag, dass mich Niemand anruft... abends klingelt dann mein Handy und meine Schwerster offenbart mir, dass ich eine falsche Vorwahl angegeben habe...
Hmm, in dem Fall habt ihr also jetzt alle eine gute Ausrede warum Posted by felix85 in Praxissemester - Malaysia | Aug 13, 2010