Blog Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
- Patience, my child* I finally saw "Eat Pray Love". Solo. I've learned to go to the movies alone and really enjoy it.
The movie is a very big disappointment. Nothing like the book. So many important parts, completely omitted from it. So many Posted by enoura in North of South America - not as good | Aug 18, 2010
- Bird feeding in Walhalla
Last weekend we spent in Walhalla. David, our good friend, mentioned one day that he and a french girl, Morgane, wanted to go to the Great Ocean Road and asked if we wanted to come. I wa Posted by Sockerbit in Saras reseblog | Aug 18, 2010
- Welcome homeI felt like this blog would be incomplete without a note on the final step. I've been home for a few days now. In fact, I'm currently sitting on my bedroom floor with my laptop in my lap. I'd like Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Aug 17, 2010
- CISNE and Etta ProjectsBy popular request, more on what I am actually DOING down here in Bolivia.
Well, I volunteer with CISNE, a small organization that gives $300 loans to women to start businesses after a basic course on business skills. It began when Posted by isabel1023 in Sentimental Journey into Sight and Sound | Aug 16, 2010
- All roads lead to RomeI fell in love in Rome, it's one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. I think it's my favorite so far because it's so big and there is so much to see and do. It beats Posted by kendahlc in What in the world is Kendahl up to? | Aug 16, 2010
- Near Death ExperienceEarly this morning Curt and I got on the bus at the Slussen station to ride 45 minutes to the archipeligo where we were going on a kayaking trip. We got off the bus and met up with the Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 16, 2010
- Biking in Stockholm
I know everyone always saying the weather reports are unreliable but this has really taken the cake. When I looked up the weather in Stockholm it was going to be rainy a Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 16, 2010
- Stockholm, Sweden
Swedish meatballs, Pippi Longstocking, the smorgasbord, wooden clogs and IKEA all have one thing in common. They are from Sweden - which is where we are spending the next fou Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 16, 2010
- 1. Woche rum...So nun bin ich seit über einer Woche hier in Kuala Lumpur und es wird höchste Zeit mal einen anständigen Blogeintrag zu schreiben und euch ein paar Bilder zu zeigen…
Hmm, wo fang ich an; mittlerweile ist unsere Praktikanten-WG vollständig; Ron Posted by felix85 in Praxissemester - Malaysia | Aug 16, 2010
- LondonDay 2 – Novotel, London.
We awoke around 9:00 and headed down for our continental breakfast. It was delicious. The European food influence was starting to shine through with cheese and cold meats for breakfast!
On the agenda was finding me a Posted by Shelle10 in From the other side of the world | Jul 3, 2010
- LondonDay one
London. Arrived just after 18.30. Totally shattered after 24 hrs in trainsit. We literally were off then back on the plane in Singapore and Dubai. The last leg with Emirates was in the skybus. Average service compared to the Posted by Shelle10 in From the other side of the world | Jul 2, 2010
- Two Weeks' NoticeHello all!
I have now been in Bolivia two weeks. I have adjusted to the time difference. I have rubbed the rust of my Spanish. I have learned some new regional words. I have settled into my job, met some great Posted by isabel1023 in Sentimental Journey into Sight and Sound | Aug 15, 2010
- Hola, PrimaveraNot much happened this week besides my going to and from classes, so I'm going to describe the chaos that is the Chilean printing system.
Step 1: Find one of the five printers scattered across a campus that takes 15 minutes Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Aug 15, 2010
- Hanoi's quiet seduction
Beguiling. Hanoi is absolutely beguiling. I was here nine years ago as a scruffy backpacker – both the city and I have changed, but the combination is still pure bewitchery.
Everything and e Posted by DenaAllen in D's got her boots on | Aug 15, 2010
- Prague DreamingEvidently myself and my wife Megan (http://www.meganeaveswriting.com/home/gypsytracks.html) are insane. At least that's what I expected people to think after our third international relocation in less than 18 months. As it turned out, our Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | Aug 15, 2010
- We're back! Hey everyone! Synthia and I made it back two days ago. The plane ride was awful. I swear from Greece to Jersey took 2 hours longer on the way back. And our travels through the airport made the whole trip Posted by serj n syn in on the 7th year they rested | Aug 14, 2010
- The City of Lovers (Paris)I’d never been to Paris. Instead my knowledge came from movies like Amelie, Paris When it Sizzles, and The Moulin Rouge. I’ve talked about Paris before, about the Eiffel tower and the student riots of 1968, about Michel Foucault and Posted by broden in an ocean apart | Aug 14, 2010
- FALSCHE NUMMERIch wunder mich den ganzen Tag, dass mich Niemand anruft... abends klingelt dann mein Handy und meine Schwerster offenbart mir, dass ich eine falsche Vorwahl angegeben habe...
Hmm, in dem Fall habt ihr also jetzt alle eine gute Ausrede warum Posted by felix85 in Praxissemester - Malaysia | Aug 13, 2010
- A Glimpse of World Cup Mania!It's soccer MADNESS in Chile. On Monday, we had our 2nd world cup match and won AGAIN! The best part is that the game watches are during class time and, accordingly, all classes are suspended so that students--and teachers--get the Posted by lhamman1 in La vida de un patiperro | Jun 23, 2010
- Post 7 Hello everyone...
So interesting week. I have lots to tell. GRO stuff, tour of Nanjing, hospital trip.
So I will be done with GRO (Guest Relations Office) on Sunday. I have had a lot of fun working with the girls in Posted by andrewsb in Blair's China Trip 2010 | Aug 12, 2010
- Mary had a little lamb…Spring has, well, almost sprung here in Southland. And in this farming community, that means the land will soon be littered with little lambs hopping merrily along. A set of twins was born this weekend at Juan’s family farm and Posted by keoco1 in Where in the world is Kerryn O'Connor | Aug 11, 2010
- thank you for smokingI don't remember the last time I went to a restaurant where smoking was allowed. oh wait, that was last night (and everyday of this trip). Smoking is still very popular here in Lebanon. Wherever we go, people smoke. It Posted by serj n syn in on the 7th year they rested | Aug 11, 2010
- Zai JianMy last blog entry in Changzhou, China.
It's been an amazing 6 weeks. I never would've imagined the friends, the HEAT, the awkwardness, the laughter, the baos and the dumplings, the adventures.
I'm going to miss having the freedom and Posted by cuhloe in AFS 2010: Changzhou, China 中国 | Aug 10, 2010
- So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu... 再见 常州 和 中国!I can't believe how close I am to the end. This is my last day with computer time! Tomorrow we have a closing ceremony in the morning and leave for Beijing in the evening. I'll be in a hotel in Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Aug 10, 2010
- London in Ten PicturesWe left London on Sunday after spending three days in her streets. The truth is, I find myself less and less enthralled by London the more I visit. There is something uptight and sanitary about the city which Posted by broden in an ocean apart | Aug 10, 2010