Blog Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
- Near Death ExperienceEarly this morning Curt and I got on the bus at the Slussen station to ride 45 minutes to the archipeligo where we were going on a kayaking trip. We got off the bus and met up with the Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 16, 2010
- Biking in Stockholm
I know everyone always saying the weather reports are unreliable but this has really taken the cake. When I looked up the weather in Stockholm it was going to be rainy a Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 16, 2010
- Stockholm, Sweden
Swedish meatballs, Pippi Longstocking, the smorgasbord, wooden clogs and IKEA all have one thing in common. They are from Sweden - which is where we are spending the next fou Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 16, 2010
- 1. Woche rum...So nun bin ich seit über einer Woche hier in Kuala Lumpur und es wird höchste Zeit mal einen anständigen Blogeintrag zu schreiben und euch ein paar Bilder zu zeigen…
Hmm, wo fang ich an; mittlerweile ist unsere Praktikanten-WG vollständig; Ron Posted by felix85 in Praxissemester - Malaysia | Aug 16, 2010
- LondonDay 2 – Novotel, London.
We awoke around 9:00 and headed down for our continental breakfast. It was delicious. The European food influence was starting to shine through with cheese and cold meats for breakfast!
On the agenda was finding me a Posted by Shelle10 in From the other side of the world | Jul 3, 2010
- LondonDay one
London. Arrived just after 18.30. Totally shattered after 24 hrs in trainsit. We literally were off then back on the plane in Singapore and Dubai. The last leg with Emirates was in the skybus. Average service compared to the Posted by Shelle10 in From the other side of the world | Jul 2, 2010
- Two Weeks' NoticeHello all!
I have now been in Bolivia two weeks. I have adjusted to the time difference. I have rubbed the rust of my Spanish. I have learned some new regional words. I have settled into my job, met some great Posted by isabel1023 in Sentimental Journey into Sight and Sound | Aug 15, 2010
- Hola, PrimaveraNot much happened this week besides my going to and from classes, so I'm going to describe the chaos that is the Chilean printing system.
Step 1: Find one of the five printers scattered across a campus that takes 15 minutes Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Aug 15, 2010
- Hanoi's quiet seduction
Beguiling. Hanoi is absolutely beguiling. I was here nine years ago as a scruffy backpacker – both the city and I have changed, but the combination is still pure bewitchery.
Everything and e Posted by DenaAllen in D's got her boots on | Aug 15, 2010
- Prague DreamingEvidently myself and my wife Megan (http://www.meganeaveswriting.com/home/gypsytracks.html) are insane. At least that's what I expected people to think after our third international relocation in less than 18 months. As it turned out, our Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | Aug 15, 2010
- We're back! Hey everyone! Synthia and I made it back two days ago. The plane ride was awful. I swear from Greece to Jersey took 2 hours longer on the way back. And our travels through the airport made the whole trip Posted by serj n syn in on the 7th year they rested | Aug 14, 2010
- The City of Lovers (Paris)I’d never been to Paris. Instead my knowledge came from movies like Amelie, Paris When it Sizzles, and The Moulin Rouge. I’ve talked about Paris before, about the Eiffel tower and the student riots of 1968, about Michel Foucault and Posted by broden in an ocean apart | Aug 14, 2010
- FALSCHE NUMMERIch wunder mich den ganzen Tag, dass mich Niemand anruft... abends klingelt dann mein Handy und meine Schwerster offenbart mir, dass ich eine falsche Vorwahl angegeben habe...
Hmm, in dem Fall habt ihr also jetzt alle eine gute Ausrede warum Posted by felix85 in Praxissemester - Malaysia | Aug 13, 2010
- A Glimpse of World Cup Mania!It's soccer MADNESS in Chile. On Monday, we had our 2nd world cup match and won AGAIN! The best part is that the game watches are during class time and, accordingly, all classes are suspended so that students--and teachers--get the Posted by lhamman1 in La vida de un patiperro | Jun 23, 2010
- Post 7 Hello everyone...
So interesting week. I have lots to tell. GRO stuff, tour of Nanjing, hospital trip.
So I will be done with GRO (Guest Relations Office) on Sunday. I have had a lot of fun working with the girls in Posted by andrewsb in Blair's China Trip 2010 | Aug 12, 2010
- Mary had a little lamb…Spring has, well, almost sprung here in Southland. And in this farming community, that means the land will soon be littered with little lambs hopping merrily along. A set of twins was born this weekend at Juan’s family farm and Posted by keoco1 in Where in the world is Kerryn O'Connor | Aug 11, 2010
- thank you for smokingI don't remember the last time I went to a restaurant where smoking was allowed. oh wait, that was last night (and everyday of this trip). Smoking is still very popular here in Lebanon. Wherever we go, people smoke. It Posted by serj n syn in on the 7th year they rested | Aug 11, 2010
- Zai JianMy last blog entry in Changzhou, China.
It's been an amazing 6 weeks. I never would've imagined the friends, the HEAT, the awkwardness, the laughter, the baos and the dumplings, the adventures.
I'm going to miss having the freedom and Posted by cuhloe in AFS 2010: Changzhou, China 中国 | Aug 10, 2010
- So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu... 再见 常州 和 中国!I can't believe how close I am to the end. This is my last day with computer time! Tomorrow we have a closing ceremony in the morning and leave for Beijing in the evening. I'll be in a hotel in Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Aug 10, 2010
- London in Ten PicturesWe left London on Sunday after spending three days in her streets. The truth is, I find myself less and less enthralled by London the more I visit. There is something uptight and sanitary about the city which Posted by broden in an ocean apart | Aug 10, 2010
- Revolving doorsI could do anything. Anyone can. If only I knew what it was though. Truth is, it can be so many things! I think we are a generation that has been encouraged to multi-task and be so many different things Posted by enoura in North of South America - not as good | Aug 10, 2010
- Planes, Trains, and AutomobilesI realized the other day that I've used all of the major forms of transportation for extended periods of time on this trip. I've had a 14 hour plane trip (which will be a round trip), a 14 hour bus Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Aug 9, 2010
- The seaweed is always greener…“I just want you all to know that I am deathly afraid of sharks.” Before even uttering my name, these were the first words out of my mouth at my scuba class this weekend. Yes, Juan and I are taking Posted by keoco1 in Where in the world is Kerryn O'Connor | Aug 9, 2010
- Gloomy Dolomites :(I am getting my punishment for coming back from the deployment in 8 months when two of our companies had to stay! The rain poured down for the entire drive from Germany to Cortina in the Dolomites. Of Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 9, 2010
- We're getting out of here!As soon as we possibly could we started driving away from Katterbach. Our 4 day pass technically doesn't start until tomorrow but we are getting a head start on the driving. Don't ask me why but after 8 Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 9, 2010