Blog Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
- Gloomy Dolomites :(I am getting my punishment for coming back from the deployment in 8 months when two of our companies had to stay! The rain poured down for the entire drive from Germany to Cortina in the Dolomites. Of Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 9, 2010
- We're getting out of here!As soon as we possibly could we started driving away from Katterbach. Our 4 day pass technically doesn't start until tomorrow but we are getting a head start on the driving. Don't ask me why but after 8 Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 9, 2010
- First DaySo heute war mein erster Tag an der Schule… tja was soll ich sagen? Soweit ich das bisher beurteilen kann scheinen alle sehr nett zu sein, in den nächsten Wochen wird sich sicher zeigen ob sich der berühmte erste Eindruck Posted by felix85 in Praxissemester - Malaysia | Aug 9, 2010
- One of these things is not like the othersLast night, after my blog entry (I messed with my schedule a bit with that), my family and I took pictures together, since my host dad is leaving town for business tonight and won't be home until after I leave. Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Aug 8, 2010
- ¡A La Playa!Almost a month into my travels and I've managed to make it through my first week of classes, although the process has involved an greatly elevated stress level. The school system here is a little dated: multiple phone calls are Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Aug 8, 2010
- Finally here:)So jetzt quasi der erste offizielle Blogeintrag…
Bin heute endlich in Kuala Lumpur angekommen… ich weiß auch nicht aber die letzten zwei Wochen waren doch recht stressig… Prüfungen schreiben, Wohnung auflösen, mit allen Abschied feiern und natürlich noch Posted by felix85 in Praxissemester - Malaysia | Aug 8, 2010
- World Expo- Shanghai- 2010First thing's first: the World Expo (a.k.a. World's Fair) is spectacular. If you ever get the chance, GO! I'm already trying to figure out how to get a job working at the next one. How cool would that be? Anyways, Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Aug 8, 2010
- Kinder Fieldtrip to the ParkWe took the students on a mini morning fieldtrip to a park near the school. The kinders played with bubbles, took turns doing relay races, and also had some playground time. It was a nice break from the normal routine. Posted by LiveLife in South Korea | Aug 8, 2010
- UPDATE HELL’S PIZZA & RACISMWell, there goes our local pizza joint, they lost our business… how can people be so incredibly awful? Read on:
[i]The Hell's Pizza outlet on Auckland's Quay Street faces a furious blockade and picket this Friday evening, as Posted by Hilary G in Adventures in NZ! | Aug 7, 2010
- Bath and Salisbury (and Stonehenge)On Tuesday morning we left Brockenhurst for Bath Spa. The city was built by the Romans almost two thousand years ago and Roman-philes and the idly curious are still flocking here to see the well-known Roman baths. After hanging Posted by broden in an ocean apart | Aug 7, 2010
- Shanghai World ExpoNi hao!
Just got back from Shanghai, where we stayed from 10 am - 10 pm at the World Expo. According to our World Expo passports (and Julie Ann's facebook status), we visited 57 countries & pavilions in 12 hours. Posted by cuhloe in AFS 2010: Changzhou, China 中国 | Aug 7, 2010
- London - The first weekSo, after that epic 16 hour sleep I eventually ventured out of my room, met up with my friend Grace and she showed me the 24 HOUR vending machine which funnily enough was right next to my house...if I had Posted by cinia in London - The first month | Aug 7, 2010
- Changing Our Address...AgainOur last blog entry was written over a week ago, from our apartment in Foshan. Well, much has changed since then. For starters, we no longer live in Foshan...
We now reside in Zhuhai, the seaside garden city of China. Nestled Posted by rovingduo in Roving Duo | Aug 6, 2010
- A very short blog entry
The last two weeks have been very busy. Dana is back in school and has a frantic semester in front of him. Luckily enough the semester only lasts for two months. I am working again as a recept Posted by Sockerbit in Saras reseblog | Aug 5, 2010
- Recent Example of Ethnic Strive in the RegionI have met a bright young Turkish woman, Nazyime, who has a one year internship with IBM that she has just started. She goes to a British University that has the third year be a practical internship. She says that Posted by goodearth in Sojourn in Turkey | Aug 5, 2010
- Freiburg im Breisgau...welche Ueberraschung!Lo so, lo so...già immagino cosa direte: "Sono tre mesi che sei a Freiburg e solo adesso ti decidi a fare un blog!". Vero, ma mi sono deciso solo ora un pò perchè me ne ero dimenticato - con tutti Posted by Enrico84 in Freiburg im Breisgau | Aug 5, 2010
- Changgyeong Palace
Changgyeong Palace was designed as a residence for elders of the royal family to live. Every palace compound has a stream purposely built inside of it. The stream is deamed necessary because it is Posted by LiveLife in South Korea | Aug 5, 2010
- New Forest and the Isle of WightA. and I have been on the move for days and it has been a fun adventure. Sadly, I am still finishing school work and applying for jobs. I wish that element would just stop. But A. is patient with Posted by broden in an ocean apart | Aug 4, 2010
- July 31st & August 1stThis afternoon I headed off to town via the tube and met up with Hugh. Hugh and I caught the train out to the Munns place... well it didn't exactly drop us at their door but it was pretty Posted by classique in Wanderings of a Kiwi | Aug 4, 2010
- Boryeong Mud FestivalI decided I was going to attend the Mud Festival in Boryeong, Korea before I even arrived in Korea. Mudfest offers many different activities, basically anything mud. They had mud wrestling, mudfights, mud-sliding, a mega mud pool, a mud training Posted by LiveLife in South Korea | Aug 4, 2010
- No Bungee Jumping? ¡Muy Triste! I've had a very busy week, but it's been a blast in China! And between my last post and this moment, I'm right now 20 photos away from 2000 pictures. Uploading and tagging these pictures is going to be a Posted by jennhuynh in 我的夏天在中国 | Aug 3, 2010
- Everything is an adventureFirst, I'd like to edit my entry from yesterday a bit. I realized that I explained it wrong. It isn't like going back in time to the American Industrial Revolution, because China is definitely a very modern place, with thousands Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Aug 3, 2010
- Finally home to Pisa!!I didn't write anything more about the last week I spent in Fulgaria because nothing eventful happened at all! The only thing worth writing about would be that I had a beer with a couple players from the Naples football Posted by kendahlc in What in the world is Kendahl up to? | Aug 3, 2010
- In our own little corner of the worldYesterday's scavenger hunt was fun. We didn't learn many characters (the instructions were written in Chinese, but they were explained to us in English) but we had a blast. I was my team's captain, and I had Luke, Chloe, and Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Aug 2, 2010
- So strangeSaying good-bye to friends and packing up is such a strange feeling. It's sad to leave. As the departure date is getting closer, I feel like there's so much more I want to do here. At the same time, there'll Posted by Evil1 in My year in China | Aug 2, 2010