Blog Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
- Mary had a little lamb…Spring has, well, almost sprung here in Southland. And in this farming community, that means the land will soon be littered with little lambs hopping merrily along. A set of twins was born this weekend at Juan’s family farm and Posted by keoco1 in Where in the world is Kerryn O'Connor | Aug 11, 2010
- thank you for smokingI don't remember the last time I went to a restaurant where smoking was allowed. oh wait, that was last night (and everyday of this trip). Smoking is still very popular here in Lebanon. Wherever we go, people smoke. It Posted by serj n syn in on the 7th year they rested | Aug 11, 2010
- Zai JianMy last blog entry in Changzhou, China.
It's been an amazing 6 weeks. I never would've imagined the friends, the HEAT, the awkwardness, the laughter, the baos and the dumplings, the adventures.
I'm going to miss having the freedom and Posted by cuhloe in AFS 2010: Changzhou, China 中国 | Aug 10, 2010
- So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu... 再见 常州 和 中国!I can't believe how close I am to the end. This is my last day with computer time! Tomorrow we have a closing ceremony in the morning and leave for Beijing in the evening. I'll be in a hotel in Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Aug 10, 2010
- London in Ten PicturesWe left London on Sunday after spending three days in her streets. The truth is, I find myself less and less enthralled by London the more I visit. There is something uptight and sanitary about the city which Posted by broden in an ocean apart | Aug 10, 2010
- Revolving doorsI could do anything. Anyone can. If only I knew what it was though. Truth is, it can be so many things! I think we are a generation that has been encouraged to multi-task and be so many different things Posted by enoura in North of South America - not as good | Aug 10, 2010
- Planes, Trains, and AutomobilesI realized the other day that I've used all of the major forms of transportation for extended periods of time on this trip. I've had a 14 hour plane trip (which will be a round trip), a 14 hour bus Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Aug 9, 2010
- The seaweed is always greener…“I just want you all to know that I am deathly afraid of sharks.” Before even uttering my name, these were the first words out of my mouth at my scuba class this weekend. Yes, Juan and I are taking Posted by keoco1 in Where in the world is Kerryn O'Connor | Aug 9, 2010
- Gloomy Dolomites :(I am getting my punishment for coming back from the deployment in 8 months when two of our companies had to stay! The rain poured down for the entire drive from Germany to Cortina in the Dolomites. Of Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 9, 2010
- We're getting out of here!As soon as we possibly could we started driving away from Katterbach. Our 4 day pass technically doesn't start until tomorrow but we are getting a head start on the driving. Don't ask me why but after 8 Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 9, 2010
- First DaySo heute war mein erster Tag an der Schule… tja was soll ich sagen? Soweit ich das bisher beurteilen kann scheinen alle sehr nett zu sein, in den nächsten Wochen wird sich sicher zeigen ob sich der berühmte erste Eindruck Posted by felix85 in Praxissemester - Malaysia | Aug 9, 2010
- One of these things is not like the othersLast night, after my blog entry (I messed with my schedule a bit with that), my family and I took pictures together, since my host dad is leaving town for business tonight and won't be home until after I leave. Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Aug 8, 2010
- ¡A La Playa!Almost a month into my travels and I've managed to make it through my first week of classes, although the process has involved an greatly elevated stress level. The school system here is a little dated: multiple phone calls are Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Aug 8, 2010
- Finally here:)So jetzt quasi der erste offizielle Blogeintrag…
Bin heute endlich in Kuala Lumpur angekommen… ich weiß auch nicht aber die letzten zwei Wochen waren doch recht stressig… Prüfungen schreiben, Wohnung auflösen, mit allen Abschied feiern und natürlich noch Posted by felix85 in Praxissemester - Malaysia | Aug 8, 2010
- World Expo- Shanghai- 2010First thing's first: the World Expo (a.k.a. World's Fair) is spectacular. If you ever get the chance, GO! I'm already trying to figure out how to get a job working at the next one. How cool would that be? Anyways, Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Aug 8, 2010
- Kinder Fieldtrip to the ParkWe took the students on a mini morning fieldtrip to a park near the school. The kinders played with bubbles, took turns doing relay races, and also had some playground time. It was a nice break from the normal routine. Posted by LiveLife in South Korea | Aug 8, 2010
- UPDATE HELL’S PIZZA & RACISMWell, there goes our local pizza joint, they lost our business… how can people be so incredibly awful? Read on:
[i]The Hell's Pizza outlet on Auckland's Quay Street faces a furious blockade and picket this Friday evening, as Posted by Hilary G in Adventures in NZ! | Aug 7, 2010
- Bath and Salisbury (and Stonehenge)On Tuesday morning we left Brockenhurst for Bath Spa. The city was built by the Romans almost two thousand years ago and Roman-philes and the idly curious are still flocking here to see the well-known Roman baths. After hanging Posted by broden in an ocean apart | Aug 7, 2010
- Shanghai World ExpoNi hao!
Just got back from Shanghai, where we stayed from 10 am - 10 pm at the World Expo. According to our World Expo passports (and Julie Ann's facebook status), we visited 57 countries & pavilions in 12 hours. Posted by cuhloe in AFS 2010: Changzhou, China 中国 | Aug 7, 2010
- London - The first weekSo, after that epic 16 hour sleep I eventually ventured out of my room, met up with my friend Grace and she showed me the 24 HOUR vending machine which funnily enough was right next to my house...if I had Posted by cinia in London - The first month | Aug 7, 2010
- Changing Our Address...AgainOur last blog entry was written over a week ago, from our apartment in Foshan. Well, much has changed since then. For starters, we no longer live in Foshan...
We now reside in Zhuhai, the seaside garden city of China. Nestled Posted by rovingduo in Roving Duo | Aug 6, 2010
- A very short blog entry
The last two weeks have been very busy. Dana is back in school and has a frantic semester in front of him. Luckily enough the semester only lasts for two months. I am working again as a recept Posted by Sockerbit in Saras reseblog | Aug 5, 2010
- Recent Example of Ethnic Strive in the RegionI have met a bright young Turkish woman, Nazyime, who has a one year internship with IBM that she has just started. She goes to a British University that has the third year be a practical internship. She says that Posted by goodearth in Sojourn in Turkey | Aug 5, 2010
- Freiburg im Breisgau...welche Ueberraschung!Lo so, lo so...già immagino cosa direte: "Sono tre mesi che sei a Freiburg e solo adesso ti decidi a fare un blog!". Vero, ma mi sono deciso solo ora un pò perchè me ne ero dimenticato - con tutti Posted by Enrico84 in Freiburg im Breisgau | Aug 5, 2010
- Changgyeong Palace
Changgyeong Palace was designed as a residence for elders of the royal family to live. Every palace compound has a stream purposely built inside of it. The stream is deamed necessary because it is Posted by LiveLife in South Korea | Aug 5, 2010