Blog Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
- Everything is an adventureFirst, I'd like to edit my entry from yesterday a bit. I realized that I explained it wrong. It isn't like going back in time to the American Industrial Revolution, because China is definitely a very modern place, with thousands Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Aug 3, 2010
- Finally home to Pisa!!I didn't write anything more about the last week I spent in Fulgaria because nothing eventful happened at all! The only thing worth writing about would be that I had a beer with a couple players from the Naples football Posted by kendahlc in What in the world is Kendahl up to? | Aug 3, 2010
- In our own little corner of the worldYesterday's scavenger hunt was fun. We didn't learn many characters (the instructions were written in Chinese, but they were explained to us in English) but we had a blast. I was my team's captain, and I had Luke, Chloe, and Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Aug 2, 2010
- So strangeSaying good-bye to friends and packing up is such a strange feeling. It's sad to leave. As the departure date is getting closer, I feel like there's so much more I want to do here. At the same time, there'll Posted by Evil1 in My year in China | Aug 2, 2010
- Real Estate and a Real Life Role Model (think staunch!)We are going on three months now and have made a major decision. We want to move – oh wait are we nuts? Well maybe, so don’t answer that! We want to move to get away from the busy main Posted by Hilary G in Adventures in NZ! | Aug 2, 2010
- 1:19AM - 1,190,000 thoughtsIts 1:19AM and I can not sleep. I was so tired 3 hours ago. I dont know what happened! Truth is, I'm so anxious with a lot on my mind. I tried to listen to some music on YouTube Posted by enoura in North of South America - not as good | Aug 1, 2010
- Chinese Amusement ParksWhat a weekend. Let's start with Friday afternoon. Chloe, Mikaela, and I had quite the adventure with changing money and fixing Chloe's phone. A few days before that, we had gone to the bank to change money for her, and Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Aug 1, 2010
- No Hagas Tarea; Estás en Chile.Despite the pretty appalling amounts of pollution (or for Sheena, the esmog), I absolute love the way Santiago smells. Every subway station is equipped with a Castaño, a wonderful bakery that makes me want to spend all my travel money Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Aug 1, 2010
- Cortado conversationI cant believe it. I am in New York City and I had a cortado. This is incredible. To be found at Joe's on Columbus between 84th and 85th. Such a great place, a quiet retreat, with WiFi too. A Posted by enoura in North of South America - not as good | Jul 31, 2010
- 26th - 28th July
Well over these days I have been organizing hostel accommodation in Poland and Ireland. I have also had to reschedule two of the two and a half weeks that I had organised in Ireland due to Posted by classique in Wanderings of a Kiwi | Jul 31, 2010
- Jeju Folk village museum, Glass castle, O'sulloc Tea Museum.Onto other news. We've just had a marvellous weekend. Yesterday, (Saturday) we went to the huge and I mean really HUGE five day market just outside of Seogwipo city where we are living and bought some food and clothes on Posted by JBarker in THE ADVENTURES OF A NOMAD ! | Nov 12, 2009
- JEJU OLLES ! Olles are hiking trails and there are 13 on Jeju island. The first one opened in September 2007. Our favourites are Jeju olles # 10 and 7-1.
Posted by JBarker in THE ADVENTURES OF A NOMAD ! | Jul 30, 2010
- Last Week in BrightonA.R. finally arrived in Brighton and my arms last Saturday. It's been so good to be reunited after three months. In some ways time has gone by absurdly quickly but in other ways I was desperate to show her everything. Posted by broden in an ocean apart | Jul 30, 2010
- Before I forget…Since the true intent of this blog is to write about my experiences, I have to put one down on paper that I really don’t want to escape into the deep abyss that is my memory. Do you remember a Posted by keoco1 in Where in the world is Kerryn O'Connor | Jul 30, 2010
- I'm a Chinese personI sincerely apologize for the major lack in blog posts. I've been caught up with school and haven't had the opportunity to blog at all.
Last weekend, we went to Hangzhou as I mentioned earlier, and we literally had a Posted by cuhloe in AFS 2010: Changzhou, China 中国 | Jul 30, 2010
- And so begins Part Two of our adventure...Schools out! This last week was pretty crazy what with presentations, recitations, papers, and finals, but we're done! It was pretty sad saying goodbye to our teachers though. We all felt a lot closer with them than Posted by laporlier in Lindsay vs Europe | Jul 29, 2010
- Post 6 - One month done!!So I have been in China for a month already! I am sad that the days are going by so fast! It already seems like such a long time has gone, but thankfully I still have 4 months left!
Tonight is Posted by andrewsb in Blair's China Trip 2010 | Jul 28, 2010
- Pictures are free, admission is notYesterday afternoon we were let out of classes early. A few people went shopping, but Julie Ann, Mikaela, and I went over to Tian Ning Temple, which is just a few blocks away from the school but we hadn't visited Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Jul 28, 2010
- Kids and their bikesWell, I was only just writing about reaching the halfway mark and now it seems I am almost already two thirds through.
In a way it is a blessing, but I also feel like I haven't done enough. I need to Posted by The Doctor in Dutch Microwave | Jul 28, 2010
- Between staying and leavingIn exactly one week, I'll be flying back home. Right now, I'm torn between counting down the days and wanting to delay the departure. I know I'm making the right decision to leave now. I'm feeling happier now than Posted by Evil1 in My year in China | Jul 28, 2010
- Foshan FootworkRain fell lazily, washing away the feeble sunshine and any expectation of a dry Foshan outing. Huddled beneath our shared umbrella, Jake and I dodged haphazard puddles and the weaving paths of poncho-clad scooter drivers. We'd set out to find Posted by rovingduo in Roving Duo | Jul 28, 2010
- HELL, slugs, and religionHELL IN NZ?!
Wait…. I thought NZ was supposed to be heaven on a stick? That’s what I heard at any rate…. are you nuts?
So, go to hell, and eat PIZZA in HELL! Hot as hell delivery (for only Posted by Hilary G in Adventures in NZ! | Jul 28, 2010
- In the land of China, they don't go to Church on Sunday.In case you couldn't guess, we watched (or rather, started) Forrest Gump this morning. We also had a test (I got a 96) and went through a couple more lessons in our books. Chu was our teacher for the day, Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Jul 27, 2010
- Ta es ein... No, that's wrong.In explanation of the title, that is a sentence that came out of my mouth while explaining something to my host sister. "Ta" means "he" in Chinese, "es" means "is" in Spanish, and "ein" means "a" in German. I don't Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Jul 26, 2010
- Chuck Wagon Racing on Canada DayI just remembered Canada Day! I was given most of this day off. We headed out together for a free pancake breakfast at the local Lacombe Co-op store which is a grocery store. They blocked off a aportion Posted by classique in Wanderings of a Kiwi | Jul 26, 2010