Blog Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
- Relaxing in SpainOn the road again! This time, we headed west to visit Eric's grandfather Andre, "Cacou" as he's known, and his wife Claude. They live in Sant Antoni De Calonge, just outside of Palamós, Spain, in an area called the Costa Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | Jun 8, 2011
- Planting a Garden
Thanks to Aunt Hélène's generosity with some of her young seedlings, and Aunt Claire's generosity with carefully planned sections of the yard, we started our Provencal garden in early May! We s Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | May 31, 2011
- Shopping with Claire, Marc and Cecile
Having visitors gives us an excuse to shop and do a little sightseeing, too. Especially when one of those visitors is a 14-year-old mec or dude! So, on a rather rainy Saturday, we went alo Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | May 21, 2011
- Easter Celebration
As you might have guessed, the French don't skimp on food when Easter comes along. In fact, it is Easter Monday rather than Good Friday that is the big national holiday, w Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | May 14, 2011
- Sardinia "Work Trip"
Early morning upon arriving to Sardinia
First ocean view on the road to the house
[img=http://ph Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | Apr 29, 2011
- Rome in a Day
From Roquefort-les-Pins, France, we headed to Rome, Italy. We traveled along winding and narrow roads, twisting and turning Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | Apr 21, 2011
- French Yard Sale
Perhaps the most exciting news since our arrival was that there would be a Troc-Broc in town during the weekend. A [i]Troc-B Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | Apr 7, 2011
- Walking with Fanette
After a couple of days unpacking and resting, we were ready to get out and see the countryside. We began with a little morning jog. This turned out to be quite an adventure for me when I tried Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | Apr 2, 2011
- Bienvenue a Roquefort les Pins, FranceWe are finally living in France. Bienvenue à notre vie à Roquefort-les-Pins!
We traveled with quite a bit of luggage, as we headed to France indefinitely. Here are some photos of our voyage from Logan International Airport in Boston to Ni Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | Mar 27, 2011
- AtlantaAtlanta’ya 2009 yılının Temmuz ayında iş nedeniyle taşındık. İlk izlenimimiz diğer yaşadığımız eyaletlere göre siyah nüfusun alıştığımızdan fazla olmasıydı. İkinci dikkatimizi çeken ise; bir çok caddeye “Peachtree-Şeftali” isminin verilmesiydi. Şeftalinin Posted by ayferonur in Ayfer-Onur Seyahatnamesi | Mar 21, 2011
- Photoblog: Hilltop Prague - Vyšehrad CastleSo myself and Megan took a quick trip to [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vyšehrad|Vyšehrad Castle]] last weekend. Relatively crowded already on what was the first sunny weekend of 2011, it promises to be jam packed for the whole summer with its expansive v Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | Mar 12, 2011
- Thailand On A Winter BreakThe weather was cold and misty. Welcome to Emei. As soon as we could we bought tickets and headed back home to Thailand for a much needed break from the cold.
I also had been having some eye problems and had Posted by inchinahil in From Emei Mountain | Feb 28, 2011
- Samahan sa DalampasiganAnother day to remember living here in the magic kingdom. Nothing beats the beauty of nature. The overcast weather reminds me of my hometown, Batangas. Here are some pictures and hopefully you will like them as much Posted by addyict in This is me c.") | Feb 27, 2011
- Foreign Country DentistryYou know the old adage "You pay for what you get"? It's true. Every time I find this statement verified, I'm surprised, though I never know why.
Teaching in public school, I have a LOT of vacation. I Posted by lrbergen in Han Guk Mal Mulayo | Feb 6, 2011
- The Year of the RabbitIn the spirit of the Year of the Rabbit, this post will hip hop all over the place! One web site declared that “the year of the Rabbit is known for a placid year, very much welcomed and needed after Posted by Hilary G in Adventures in NZ! | Jan 28, 2011
- El Fin(There are two new entries before this about my mom's visit. Yes, it would have made more sense to finish the Chile blog before leaving Chile.)
My last days in Chile were far less exciting than they should have been. I Posted by akatodd in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Dec 22, 2010
- Viajes con mi Madre: Chiloé y PatagoniaMost of Wednesday ended up devoted to travel. The flight down to Puerto Montt was only two hours, but we then had to take a bus from the airport to the bus station, wait in the station for two hours, Posted by akatodd in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Dec 22, 2010
- Viajes con mi Madre: San Pedro y BuínDespite one final hitch involving transportation to the airport, my mom made it home safely after my dragging her around for two weeks. It's always strange to me how quickly our minds adapt to new circumstances, like how one hug Posted by akatodd in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Dec 22, 2010
- HelenBirden fazla gittiğimiz Helen, Atlanta’nın kuzeyinde güzel bir Alman kasabası. Yaklaşık Atlanta merkezine 1,5 saat uzaklıkta olan Helen’e, 400 nolu otoyoldan kuzeye doğru giderek ulaşabilirsiniz. Helen’in içinden Chattahoochee nehri geçiyor ve nehir için Posted by ayferonur in Ayfer-Onur Seyahatnamesi | Dec 13, 2010
- New OrleansABD’nin en hareketli güney şehirlerinden biri olan New Orleans’a Atlanta’dan araba ile yaklaşık 7 saatlik bir yolculuk sonrasında vardık. Otelimize eşyalarımızı bırakıp hemen akşam yemeği için dışarıya çıkıyoruz. İlk akşam ABD’nin zincir restoranlarından Posted by ayferonur in Ayfer-Onur Seyahatnamesi | Dec 13, 2010
- Sense-drunk & sweating==November 25, 2010 – 8:22 AM Ubud, Bali==
There is a woman whose job it is to pick the flowers. The flowers used to adorn every nook and corner of the villa I’m staying at in Nyu Kuni Posted by DenaAllen in D's got her boots on | Dec 3, 2010
- Día de la Acción de GraciasI hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! In case you were worried about me missing out on all the delicious food, worry no more; we brought the holiday to Chile. Yesterday, my friends Madeline, Erica, and I went to Abby's Posted by akatodd in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Nov 26, 2010
- Fin del SemestreAlthough I technically have to attend two hours and forty minutes of class this week, my presence is basically all that is required so I am considering myself on break. Woo hoo! I have three weeks of carefree enjoyment left Posted by akatodd in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Nov 22, 2010
- The beginning of the end
The dawn of a new day in Egypt. The sun is coming up over the apartment buildings while I prepare for another day at work. Not an unusual event but this sunrise is obscured a little by an autu Posted by lucid in A New Life in Egypt | Nov 16, 2010
- A Conocer ArgentinaChile is having a hard time deciding what season it would like to be in. We jumped from "How nice, I don't have to wear a thick winter jacket in my house," to "Is it inappropriate to wear a swimsuit Posted by akatodd in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Nov 14, 2010