Blog Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
- First Impressions: Xiamen, ChinaIt was hard, really hard, to pull ourselves away from Luang Prabang, but duty calls, and we were due to report for our English teaching jobs on the 26th. We got there by way of Bangkok where we Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Feb 1, 2012
- Autumn is Upon Us
Autumn Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | Nov 26, 2011
- The Best (and Worst) of The British NewspapersNewspapers may be slowly circling the drain, heading down until they are no longer relevant. But they do still provide some interesting bits and bobs.
There are two types of papers here in the UK. The tabloids - those Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Sep 18, 2011
- Living & dying as an imperial consortThey buried the concubines in pits, after the women had hung themselves from silk ropes or swallowed poison. This is what my guide to the Ming Tombs in China, John, informs me as we both stare down at the metal Posted by DenaAllen in D's got her boots on | Sep 5, 2011
- Eric's 50th Birthday Celebration
[i]Fifty Summers with Odysseus
by Peter Sims
Who is that man in bell-bottom pants
Nursing the water pipe
Who is that man with long hair
Bound up in a hairnet
Working in the Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | Aug 26, 2011
- Things We Love About FranceTHE FOOD!
Anyone who's read about our life in France so far will agree that Eric and I are both totally, thoroughly, 100% obsessed with food. Food in general, and definitely the food in Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | Aug 3, 2011
- This Mah 'Hood'Howdy all. Long time no blog. The issue is that here seems so normal now that it doesn't feel like there's anything interesting to write about.
So, I live in Jabal Wiebdeh, one of the oldest parts of the city. Jabal Posted by jenofear in Jen's Blog | Jul 14, 2011
- Où est Robin Hood?
After our trip to Spain, we stopped for a couple of days in Carcassonne, a historic, walled city in the southwestern part of France. Carcassonne is a UNESCO World Heritage site dating back to p Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | Jul 5, 2011
- Relaxing in SpainOn the road again! This time, we headed west to visit Eric's grandfather Andre, "Cacou" as he's known, and his wife Claude. They live in Sant Antoni De Calonge, just outside of Palamós, Spain, in an area called the Costa Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | Jun 8, 2011
- Planting a Garden
Thanks to Aunt Hélène's generosity with some of her young seedlings, and Aunt Claire's generosity with carefully planned sections of the yard, we started our Provencal garden in early May! We s Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | May 31, 2011
- Shopping with Claire, Marc and Cecile
Having visitors gives us an excuse to shop and do a little sightseeing, too. Especially when one of those visitors is a 14-year-old mec or dude! So, on a rather rainy Saturday, we went alo Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | May 21, 2011
- Easter Celebration
As you might have guessed, the French don't skimp on food when Easter comes along. In fact, it is Easter Monday rather than Good Friday that is the big national holiday, w Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | May 14, 2011
- Sardinia "Work Trip"
Early morning upon arriving to Sardinia
First ocean view on the road to the house
[img=http://ph Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | Apr 29, 2011
- Rome in a Day
From Roquefort-les-Pins, France, we headed to Rome, Italy. We traveled along winding and narrow roads, twisting and turning Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | Apr 21, 2011
- French Yard Sale
Perhaps the most exciting news since our arrival was that there would be a Troc-Broc in town during the weekend. A [i]Troc-B Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | Apr 7, 2011
- Walking with Fanette
After a couple of days unpacking and resting, we were ready to get out and see the countryside. We began with a little morning jog. This turned out to be quite an adventure for me when I tried Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | Apr 2, 2011
- Bienvenue a Roquefort les Pins, FranceWe are finally living in France. Bienvenue à notre vie à Roquefort-les-Pins!
We traveled with quite a bit of luggage, as we headed to France indefinitely. Here are some photos of our voyage from Logan International Airport in Boston to Ni Posted by jlamarre in La Vie en Provence | Mar 27, 2011
- AtlantaAtlanta’ya 2009 yılının Temmuz ayında iş nedeniyle taşındık. İlk izlenimimiz diğer yaşadığımız eyaletlere göre siyah nüfusun alıştığımızdan fazla olmasıydı. İkinci dikkatimizi çeken ise; bir çok caddeye “Peachtree-Şeftali” isminin verilmesiydi. Şeftalinin Posted by ayferonur in Ayfer-Onur Seyahatnamesi | Mar 21, 2011
- Photoblog: Hilltop Prague - Vyšehrad CastleSo myself and Megan took a quick trip to [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vyšehrad|Vyšehrad Castle]] last weekend. Relatively crowded already on what was the first sunny weekend of 2011, it promises to be jam packed for the whole summer with its expansive v Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | Mar 12, 2011
- Thailand On A Winter BreakThe weather was cold and misty. Welcome to Emei. As soon as we could we bought tickets and headed back home to Thailand for a much needed break from the cold.
I also had been having some eye problems and had Posted by inchinahil in From Emei Mountain | Feb 28, 2011
- Samahan sa DalampasiganAnother day to remember living here in the magic kingdom. Nothing beats the beauty of nature. The overcast weather reminds me of my hometown, Batangas. Here are some pictures and hopefully you will like them as much Posted by addyict in This is me c.") | Feb 27, 2011
- Foreign Country DentistryYou know the old adage "You pay for what you get"? It's true. Every time I find this statement verified, I'm surprised, though I never know why.
Teaching in public school, I have a LOT of vacation. I Posted by lrbergen in Han Guk Mal Mulayo | Feb 6, 2011
- The Year of the RabbitIn the spirit of the Year of the Rabbit, this post will hip hop all over the place! One web site declared that “the year of the Rabbit is known for a placid year, very much welcomed and needed after Posted by Hilary G in Adventures in NZ! | Jan 28, 2011
- El Fin(There are two new entries before this about my mom's visit. Yes, it would have made more sense to finish the Chile blog before leaving Chile.)
My last days in Chile were far less exciting than they should have been. I Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Dec 22, 2010
- Viajes con mi Madre: Chiloé y PatagoniaMost of Wednesday ended up devoted to travel. The flight down to Puerto Montt was only two hours, but we then had to take a bus from the airport to the bus station, wait in the station for two hours, Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Dec 22, 2010