Blog Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
- Sense-drunk & sweating==November 25, 2010 – 8:22 AM Ubud, Bali==
There is a woman whose job it is to pick the flowers. The flowers used to adorn every nook and corner of the villa I’m staying at in Nyu Kuni Posted by DenaAllen in D's got her boots on | Dec 3, 2010
- Día de la Acción de GraciasI hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! In case you were worried about me missing out on all the delicious food, worry no more; we brought the holiday to Chile. Yesterday, my friends Madeline, Erica, and I went to Abby's Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Nov 26, 2010
- Fin del SemestreAlthough I technically have to attend two hours and forty minutes of class this week, my presence is basically all that is required so I am considering myself on break. Woo hoo! I have three weeks of carefree enjoyment left Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Nov 22, 2010
- The beginning of the end
The dawn of a new day in Egypt. The sun is coming up over the apartment buildings while I prepare for another day at work. Not an unusual event but this sunrise is obscured a little by an autu Posted by lucid in A New Life in Egypt | Nov 16, 2010
- A Conocer ArgentinaChile is having a hard time deciding what season it would like to be in. We jumped from "How nice, I don't have to wear a thick winter jacket in my house," to "Is it inappropriate to wear a swimsuit Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Nov 14, 2010
- La Vida SencillaFirst of all, because I'm sure you've all been dying to know, I figured out the lemon mystery. Supposedly it brings good luck to the house. The problem is that you're supposed to change the water and Magaly says she Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Nov 2, 2010
- Ich wohne seit fast 2 Monate in Berlinthings like blogging and journaling have fallen by the wayside over the past months. call it my settling-in period. it's not for lack of interesting things to write about. i could have written about the struggle to find a WG Posted by ctamler in Wenn schon, denn schon | Oct 20, 2010
- ¡El Rescate!As most of you probably know, I can be a pretty emotional person. Sometimes that means I cry too easily when my older siblings (mainly that jerk Alison) torment me. In the last couple of years, it's been more of Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Oct 17, 2010
- ValparaísoFour-day weekend here in Chile thanks to dear old Christopher Columbus (or Cristobal Colón as they say down south). They actually celebrate Día de la Raza (Day of the Race) here, which has a broader connotation about mixed heritage and Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Oct 10, 2010
- MooncakeThe Mid-Autumn Festival, also known as the Moon Festival, is a celebration of harvest and abundance. Though dancing, feasting, and moon-gazing are important aspecst of the festival, the sharing and giving of mooncakes is perhaps the most notable practice. Posted by rovingduo in Roving Duo | Oct 3, 2010
- La Naturaleza, en Muchas FormasToday has been a very lazy day, but I spent five hours on a bike yesterday so I think I've earned it. My exchange program hosted a biking tour of Santiago, which equated to a gringo parade for the Chilean Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Oct 3, 2010
- Me Encantan los Fines de SemanaPretty boring week. Not doing homework for 10 days right before the busiest weeks of the semester will do that to a girl. The most exciting part was when a couple of hippies gave me some sort of blessing in Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Sep 26, 2010
- Do I Look Like a Korean Bug?..Karen, Romo, and I went to Trevor and Patty's apt. in Anyang to celebrate Trevor's birthday. It was nice to socialize, and with basically all foreign teachers.
[img=http://photos.trav Posted by LiveLife in South Korea | Sep 24, 2010
- Mountain QuestThe alarm goes off. Grogginess leaves us quickly, for we know what awaits us this day: The top of a mountain.
We dress quickly after splashing cold water on our faces. Stuffing Chinese kiwis, apples, and oranges into our packs, along Posted by rovingduo in Roving Duo | Sep 24, 2010
- Vacaciones de la Primavera (Dos)I had to cut this blog into two. The first half is below.
After a nice breakfast of bread, jam, and cereal, we headed about an hour south to Castro, the main city on Chiloé, for the Bicentenial celebrations. We got Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Sep 21, 2010
- Vacaciones de la PrimaveraI think most of you have been forewarned that this will be a long entry. But hopefully entertaining. I actually have to break it into two because I went over the limit.
I just spent the past ten or so days Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Sep 21, 2010
- When I am old, I shall keep wearing flip flopsFor now, the travel sandals are tucked most disheveldly under my bed and the next plane trip will probably be en route to American soil, so I thought in the following month I'd share more of everyday life and attempting Posted by globestrol in globe strolling | Aug 24, 2010
- Pulled"The main problem is the wet," Allen said.
As Dr. Lee kneaded her knuckles deep into my neck, I pondered the meaning of this statement. With my face buried in the bedspread, I couldn't see Allen's face. Perhaps if permitted a Posted by rovingduo in Roving Duo | Sep 18, 2010
- NederlandI have now left Vietnam, my home for over 2 years, and moved to a new city, new country, new continent. Amsterdam, the capital of the the Netherlands, is to be my home for the next year. I will working Posted by CatAttack in Roving Cat | Sep 17, 2010
- Am I In The Right Place: The Post-Trip DoubtI have had a rough week. I have felt frustrated and angry all week, and have been filled with some doubt that I made the right move in coming here to London.
It’s not that I am thinking that I Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Sep 16, 2008
- From the soccer to the Mountain Kingdom to Moz and backDear all,
Its been interesting 2 months or even 3(?) - time flies when you're having fun! Indeed I've been around a lot since the WorldCup started and only noticed now how long its been since my last entry.
In Posted by Brizie in South Africa | Sep 13, 2010
- En lille blog om lejligheter
I have promised a lot of people to send photos of our new place so here are the photos. The old place you could hardly take photos of since it was so dark. When we were looking for apartments Posted by Sockerbit in Saras reseblog | Sep 5, 2010
- Un Sabor de HistoriaChile got cold again this week and I got sick. I would complain, but it gave me a great reason to sleep ten hours every night and skip my runs in the early-morning dark.
I accidentally made Chilean friends this week. Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Sep 5, 2010
- The Search for Water (Wismar and Hamburg)Wismar
Prior to leaving for Berlin we had engaged in an absurd amount of deliberation about the other places we would go to use up all the trips on our rail pass. But we were also strapped for time. So, we Posted by broden in an ocean apart | Sep 1, 2010
- 10 things you must do in PeruTop 10 things in Peru
1. The Inca Trail. Although I didn’t do the 4 day trek this time around my memories of the trek, the amazing Incan sites we saw along the way and Machu Pichu are so Posted by Renae Jane in So you want to live vicariously | Sep 1, 2010