Blog Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
- Mountain QuestThe alarm goes off. Grogginess leaves us quickly, for we know what awaits us this day: The top of a mountain.
We dress quickly after splashing cold water on our faces. Stuffing Chinese kiwis, apples, and oranges into our packs, along Posted by rovingduo in Roving Duo | Sep 24, 2010
- Vacaciones de la Primavera (Dos)I had to cut this blog into two. The first half is below.
After a nice breakfast of bread, jam, and cereal, we headed about an hour south to Castro, the main city on Chiloé, for the Bicentenial celebrations. We got Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Sep 21, 2010
- Vacaciones de la PrimaveraI think most of you have been forewarned that this will be a long entry. But hopefully entertaining. I actually have to break it into two because I went over the limit.
I just spent the past ten or so days Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Sep 21, 2010
- When I am old, I shall keep wearing flip flopsFor now, the travel sandals are tucked most disheveldly under my bed and the next plane trip will probably be en route to American soil, so I thought in the following month I'd share more of everyday life and attempting Posted by globestrol in globe strolling | Aug 24, 2010
- Pulled"The main problem is the wet," Allen said.
As Dr. Lee kneaded her knuckles deep into my neck, I pondered the meaning of this statement. With my face buried in the bedspread, I couldn't see Allen's face. Perhaps if permitted a Posted by rovingduo in Roving Duo | Sep 18, 2010
- Am I In The Right Place: The Post-Trip DoubtI have had a rough week. I have felt frustrated and angry all week, and have been filled with some doubt that I made the right move in coming here to London.
It’s not that I am thinking that I Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Sep 16, 2008
- From the soccer to the Mountain Kingdom to Moz and backDear all,
Its been interesting 2 months or even 3(?) - time flies when you're having fun! Indeed I've been around a lot since the WorldCup started and only noticed now how long its been since my last entry.
In Posted by Brizie in South Africa | Sep 13, 2010
- En lille blog om lejligheter
I have promised a lot of people to send photos of our new place so here are the photos. The old place you could hardly take photos of since it was so dark. When we were looking for apartments Posted by Sockerbit in Saras reseblog | Sep 5, 2010
- Un Sabor de HistoriaChile got cold again this week and I got sick. I would complain, but it gave me a great reason to sleep ten hours every night and skip my runs in the early-morning dark.
I accidentally made Chilean friends this week. Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Sep 5, 2010
- The Search for Water (Wismar and Hamburg)Wismar
Prior to leaving for Berlin we had engaged in an absurd amount of deliberation about the other places we would go to use up all the trips on our rail pass. But we were also strapped for time. So, we Posted by broden in an ocean apart | Sep 1, 2010
- 10 things you must do in PeruTop 10 things in Peru
1. The Inca Trail. Although I didn’t do the 4 day trek this time around my memories of the trek, the amazing Incan sites we saw along the way and Machu Pichu are so Posted by Renae Jane in So you want to live vicariously | Sep 1, 2010
- Una Semana Calma (y Aburrida)I had my first not-very-exciting week. Bummer. A lot of people (including me) have had tests, so I guess we all remembered that we need to act like students occasionally. I did a lot of studying and not a lot Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Aug 29, 2010
- You Know You're in China When...When packing for a trip abroad, you might as well leave the comfort zone behind. Life in a foreign country ensures the exotic will spring from even the most mundane activities.
Below is a compilation of daily novelties which have Posted by rovingduo in Roving Duo | Aug 29, 2010
- Just another dayDear readers,
Even after going to bed at two in the morning, I managed to wake up at 6.30 again the other day. Anyway, I don't know how I filled my day, but I did. Running back and forth from shops Posted by miekj in Miek goes England! | Aug 29, 2010
- On the Road Again (Berlin)Taking one of those semi-high speed trains to Berlin we left Calw at 8:30am and arrived at 3:30pm. I didn’t realize Germany was so big. I mean, to a Canadian it is all relative, but still. Calw is quite far Posted by broden in an ocean apart | Aug 28, 2010
- Canada, Eh?It's happened.
Yesterday, August 27th, at approximately 15h00, I used "eh" (not as a joke) when asking someone a question..note the date and time for future mocking opportunities.
I'd say my transition is well under way, eh? haha oh man.. Posted by LauraC2011 in Montreal, Je t'aime | Aug 28, 2010
- Today is cooler than last weekToday is more cooler than last week. And this is a first day to cool down after baked in the hot oven in several weeks.
It is very great, and i worked out outside today. I hope cooler Autumn is Posted by q2hoo in This is my q2hoo.com traveller blog | Aug 28, 2010
- Water Gun FightWe spent a fun-filled morning with the kinders at Anyang Central Park for a water gun fight in the sunshine. There was no point in trying to stay dry. The kids were ready for action with their giant water guns. Posted by LiveLife in South Korea | Aug 27, 2010
- A social night out!Considering my problems with the Internet - I eventually bought a dongel from T-Mobile - I ended up sitting in the library with my laptop.
This after I spent some time in a nearby café. This was a big house Posted by miekj in Miek goes England! | Aug 27, 2010
- Quick updateMy journey and arrival.
After a day of crying at every single thought of leaving, I left for England. Stafford to be exact. To end up in the bed I am sitting in now. The journey here - for the biggest Posted by miekj in Miek goes England! | Aug 27, 2010
- Calw: Home Away from HomeI’ve been in Germany for almost two weeks now but it has been quite busy and I have not had a chance to write. Time has slipped away from me and in less than one week I will be back Posted by broden in an ocean apart | Aug 27, 2010
- Babies in MalaysiaSo now I am well into my 3rd week of obstetrics and gynaecology here at the Sultanah Aminah Hospital. This is no ordinary department here, they are the busiest O&G department in Malaysia delivering an average of 50 babies per Posted by The Doctor in Dutch Microwave | Aug 25, 2010
- Getting my BearingsHola!! Sorry it's been a while since I've updated, I've been very busy getting settled over the past week. Hmmm, so where to start?? SOOO much has happened in the last week, I'm going to have to give just a Posted by LauraC2011 in Montreal, Je t'aime | Aug 24, 2010
- Post 8 - 20 on 20!So as you all should know my birthday was on Friday August 20 and I turned 20, so it was my Golden Birthday!
I had a lot of fun this weekend celebrating it, but I will write about that in a Posted by andrewsb in Blair's China Trip 2010 | Aug 24, 2010
- Singapur... wie wars?So es ist mal wieder Zeit für einen kleinen Blogeintrag…
Singapur war interessant aber zu kurz, obwohl Singapur es mit den Strafen etwas übertreibt (z.B. Essen in der Bahn 500$)
… ich werd Posted by felix85 in Praxissemester - Malaysia | Aug 23, 2010