Blog Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'living_abroad'
- Una Semana Calma (y Aburrida)I had my first not-very-exciting week. Bummer. A lot of people (including me) have had tests, so I guess we all remembered that we need to act like students occasionally. I did a lot of studying and not a lot Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Aug 29, 2010
- You Know You're in China When...When packing for a trip abroad, you might as well leave the comfort zone behind. Life in a foreign country ensures the exotic will spring from even the most mundane activities.
Below is a compilation of daily novelties which have Posted by rovingduo in Roving Duo | Aug 29, 2010
- Just another dayDear readers,
Even after going to bed at two in the morning, I managed to wake up at 6.30 again the other day. Anyway, I don't know how I filled my day, but I did. Running back and forth from shops Posted by miekj in Miek goes England! | Aug 29, 2010
- On the Road Again (Berlin)Taking one of those semi-high speed trains to Berlin we left Calw at 8:30am and arrived at 3:30pm. I didn’t realize Germany was so big. I mean, to a Canadian it is all relative, but still. Calw is quite far Posted by broden in an ocean apart | Aug 28, 2010
- Canada, Eh?It's happened.
Yesterday, August 27th, at approximately 15h00, I used "eh" (not as a joke) when asking someone a question..note the date and time for future mocking opportunities.
I'd say my transition is well under way, eh? haha oh man.. Posted by LauraC2011 in Montreal, Je t'aime | Aug 28, 2010
- Today is cooler than last weekToday is more cooler than last week. And this is a first day to cool down after baked in the hot oven in several weeks.
It is very great, and i worked out outside today. I hope cooler Autumn is Posted by q2hoo in This is my q2hoo.com traveller blog | Aug 28, 2010
- Water Gun FightWe spent a fun-filled morning with the kinders at Anyang Central Park for a water gun fight in the sunshine. There was no point in trying to stay dry. The kids were ready for action with their giant water guns. Posted by LiveLife in South Korea | Aug 27, 2010
- A social night out!Considering my problems with the Internet - I eventually bought a dongel from T-Mobile - I ended up sitting in the library with my laptop.
This after I spent some time in a nearby café. This was a big house Posted by miekj in Miek goes England! | Aug 27, 2010
- Quick updateMy journey and arrival.
After a day of crying at every single thought of leaving, I left for England. Stafford to be exact. To end up in the bed I am sitting in now. The journey here - for the biggest Posted by miekj in Miek goes England! | Aug 27, 2010
- Calw: Home Away from HomeI’ve been in Germany for almost two weeks now but it has been quite busy and I have not had a chance to write. Time has slipped away from me and in less than one week I will be back Posted by broden in an ocean apart | Aug 27, 2010
- Babies in MalaysiaSo now I am well into my 3rd week of obstetrics and gynaecology here at the Sultanah Aminah Hospital. This is no ordinary department here, they are the busiest O&G department in Malaysia delivering an average of 50 babies per Posted by The Doctor in Dutch Microwave | Aug 25, 2010
- Getting my BearingsHola!! Sorry it's been a while since I've updated, I've been very busy getting settled over the past week. Hmmm, so where to start?? SOOO much has happened in the last week, I'm going to have to give just a Posted by LauraC2011 in Montreal, Je t'aime | Aug 24, 2010
- Post 8 - 20 on 20!So as you all should know my birthday was on Friday August 20 and I turned 20, so it was my Golden Birthday!
I had a lot of fun this weekend celebrating it, but I will write about that in a Posted by andrewsb in Blair's China Trip 2010 | Aug 24, 2010
- Singapur... wie wars?So es ist mal wieder Zeit für einen kleinen Blogeintrag…
Singapur war interessant aber zu kurz, obwohl Singapur es mit den Strafen etwas übertreibt (z.B. Essen in der Bahn 500$)
… ich werd Posted by felix85 in Praxissemester - Malaysia | Aug 23, 2010
- Las Montañas y La MinaTonight is a very happy night in Chile! I'm not sure if this has made the news in the US, but for the last 17 days a group of 33 miners has been trapped in the north. I've turned on Posted by marykate.morr in Santiago, Que Me Ames. | Aug 22, 2010
- Vino tasting in Languaridia then off to ValledeloideDay 9 Languaridia-Valledeloide
Breakfast was traditional continental with the most delicious pastries! I am feeling so so sorry for myself for being so crook and all these beautiful sights and food to indulge on and all I feel like doing is Posted by Shelle10 in From the other side of the world | Jul 10, 2010
- Balcony Race ViewingAgain, up so early! The 5:30 starts are killing us but they are now over. We got the first bus into the town with our guide Liz, and she took us to the balcony we were to view the Posted by Shelle10 in From the other side of the world | Jul 8, 2010
- Home Sweet (Away From) HomeWe offer buckets of apologies for our lack of blogs this past month! Since arriving in Zhuhai, we have been extremely busy getting acquainted with our new jobs, new home, and new lives. Also, Internet access has been rare at Posted by rovingduo in Roving Duo | Aug 20, 2010
- SingapurSo, ich bin grade in Singapur angekommen... wir haben spontan beschlossen uns die Olympischen Spiele anzuschauen... bin also nicht auf dem Handy zu erreichen... ich melde mich wenn ich wieder in Kuala Lumpur bin...
cu Posted by felix85 in Praxissemester - Malaysia | Aug 20, 2010
- Redefining the F wordFail n 1 : a fall short of performing a duty or expected action 2: a state of inability to perform a normal function 3: lack of success 4: Omission; nonperformance
Failure n Posted by Gail B in A day in the life | Aug 19, 2010
- Just a moment in timeI’m caught between joy and disappointment as I see the white sticker adorned mini-bus arrive in the distance. It’s 5 pm in Nekemte and logically I should be scrambling for any vehicle traveling in the western direction but seeing as Posted by Gail B in A day in the life | Aug 19, 2010
- It's only two years...
Sometime in the first few months I was living in Arjo I programmed my cell phone to display ‘It’s only two years…’ when I turned it on. I am constantly having to turn the phone on an off, e Posted by Gail B in A day in the life | Aug 19, 2010
- Patience, my child* I finally saw "Eat Pray Love". Solo. I've learned to go to the movies alone and really enjoy it.
The movie is a very big disappointment. Nothing like the book. So many important parts, completely omitted from it. So many Posted by enoura in North of South America - not as good | Aug 18, 2010
- Bird feeding in Walhalla
Last weekend we spent in Walhalla. David, our good friend, mentioned one day that he and a french girl, Morgane, wanted to go to the Great Ocean Road and asked if we wanted to come. I wa Posted by Sockerbit in Saras reseblog | Aug 18, 2010
- Welcome homeI felt like this blog would be incomplete without a note on the final step. I've been home for a few days now. In fact, I'm currently sitting on my bedroom floor with my laptop in my lap. I'd like Posted by MAx1992 in China 中国 2010 | Aug 17, 2010