Blog Entries tagged 'london'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'london'
- HAMPSTEAD HAUNTS == Hampstead, high above the rest of London, does not have its own Sacre Coeur, but in all other respects it easily rivals Paris's high point, Montmartre, both in its beauty and its history. ==
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/8711 Posted by ADAMYAMEY in AROUND HAMPSTEAD | Apr 30, 2017
- MONKS and NUNS, MARX and LENIN[center][i]Many years ago, in the 1980s, I was invited to join a friend for lunch at a trendy restaurant in Clerkenwell Green. A mutual friend joined us. We ordered our meal. When it arrived, there was far more empty space Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Apr 23, 2017
- OUT OF INDIA [center][/center]
==Ever since the 17th century, people from the Indian subcontinent have been arriving in London, and settling there. Some of the ear Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Apr 19, 2017
- POLITICIANS, PROSTITUTES, and PRIVATE CLUBS[center][/center]
I have been visiting Curzon Street in London’s Mayfair for many decades, usually to watch a film at the Curzo Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Apr 11, 2017
- A TRAIL OF TASTY DISHES IN NOTTING HILL GATEAt least 20 years ago, The Ark Restaurant in Notting Hill Gate, next to the quirky Notting Hill Books, was one of the best places to eat out in this part of Kensington. It served traditional French food, cooked very Posted by ADAMYAMEY in SOME RESTAURANT REVIEWS | Apr 7, 2017
- THE BOROUGH MARKETS LondonBorough Market is London’s most renowned food market; a source of exceptional British and international produce.
It is a haven for Posted by Bruco in Farmers Markets around the World | Dec 24, 2015
- SECRET LONDON: Astor's amazing edifice [center][/center]
A few years ago, after entertaining my friend Roy Moxham to lunch at Middle Temple Hall, he took me to se Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Mar 25, 2017
- ENJOY ART AND NATURE IN CANONBURY[center][/center]
I have been visiting Upper Street in Islington ever since I was quite young. When I was a child, my parents used to take me to Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Mar 24, 2017
- BARBICAN BLUES[center][/center]
We have the hostilities between Germany and Britain during the 1940s to thank (or to Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Mar 19, 2017
- TO THE LIGHT HOUSE, with apologies to Virginia Woolf![center][/center]
For those literary types, who are hoping that this about Virginia Woolf, please forgive me because it is not. I th Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Mar 17, 2017
- WALKING IN AND AROUND WAPPING[center][/center]
[center][b][i]I thought that I knew all about Wapping until I met Fergy. He spent a sunny day with me Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Mar 15, 2017
- WOOLWICH - above and belowMy wife is a legal professional. Her work takes her to courts all over Greater London. When I am not working, I often meet her near a court, where she is working, for lunch or a snack. Recently, she was Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Mar 8, 2017
- VERDANT VAUXHALL[center][/center]
Vauxhall is a district of south-west London on the right bank of the River Thames. It is said that a Ru Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Mar 5, 2017
- EMIRATES AIR LINE Since time immemorial, a good view of London could be obtained by climbing up to the top of what is now known as Parliament Hill. Of course, many centuries ago there would have been little or nothing of what is Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Feb 26, 2017
- The colour of life[center][/center]
I may not know why I like art but I do know that I have always loved it. Something not a lot of people know about me is that before I wanted to be a writer, Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | Feb 26, 2017
- VICTORIAN SPLENDOUR[center][/center]
[b]If you are lucky enough to be invited to attend a function at the National Liberal Club in Whitehall Place, do at Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Feb 17, 2017
- HERALDRY: College of Arms[b]The College of Arms was founded in 1484. It has nothing to do with weapons. It is the official body that regulates the use of coats of arms and other heraldic emblems.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/871159/large_CH_1.jpg caption=Coll Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Feb 14, 2017
- THROUGH A LONDON EYE==[center]Here are a few pictures, which I have taken in London over the years. All of them have been previously published on my photo website ... [[http://www.ipernity.com/home/adam]][/center]==
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/8 Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Jan 10, 2017
- New DESIGN MUSEUMIn 1837, the Danish writer Hans Christian Andersen wrote his “Kejserens nye Klæder” (‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’). Two tailors weave some new clothes for the Emperor. No one can see them because they were invisible, they had no substance at Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Jan 8, 2017
- DIVERSITY - Diverse CityI have lived in London for most of my life. The few years that I lived outside the city made me realise how much I depend on the place.
London is actually a conglomeration of microcosms. Villages (e.g. Hampstead, Chelsea, Kensington, Posted by ADAMYAMEY in LONDON | Jan 8, 2017
- 5 People Always On The Tube
1- The Suit.
Millions of them. Sure it's London I hear you say, but no, in this city these people are a different breed. Their hair looks 10% more coiffured than a suit outsi Posted by rj2v in Travel, Tattoos & Tea | Aug 26, 2016
- 4 Months Living In London Has Taught Me...
1) Londoners are actually friendly:
Some are. Common myth dispelled. People hold doors and say thank you. Who would have thought.
2) Londoners are definitely rude:
Some are. Recen Posted by rj2v in Travel, Tattoos & Tea | Aug 10, 2016
- Chapter 1: Europe. I love running marathons. It's the only sport I can think of where a regular chap, such as myself, can share the same stage with the elite, with the same support. I mean, I'll never play football on the same Posted by Daniel.J.B in Another travel blog | May 22, 2016
- Touring LondonAugust 5
Went on London tour with guide, then on to Mme Tussaud’s Wax Works.
Lunch in London pub and afternoon shopping.
Theatre in evening to see Glenda Jackson in “Summit Conference”, then dinner at lovely Italian restaurant Terrazzo.
Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- London... ===August 4======
6.00 Arrived in London. Caught bus to Penta Hotel - big and soulless. Checked in then caught bus to Camden Town.
Had lunch in hotel then went on barge cruise on Thames fromWindsor to Maidenhead. Windsor is Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016