Blog Entries tagged 'london'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'london'
- London 6First my dad and I got up early and walked past Buckingham Palace. We went to Geo. F. Trumper’s for him to get a haircut and shave. It was very fancy they used a cut-throat razor and they even Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 30, 2014
- London 5We walked through Green Park today to get the train to the British Museum. The park was full of squirrels and pigeons. I saw four squirrels in the park, two of them were chasing one another around the tree.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/701878/g Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 29, 2014
- England Day 8: Keep Calm and Carry OnWe woke up about 8:30a and Mike was feeling much better today. We wanted to see the Horse Guards at 10a so we headed to Bermondsey station by the apartment only to find out that the Jubilee line was Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | Sep 28, 2014
- England Day 7: Where East Meets WestToday we had pre-booked a 9:15a tour of Parliament and then planned to take the ferry out to Greenwich for the afternoon. Mike still wasn't feeling well so we decided he would stay home and rest in the morning and Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | Sep 28, 2014
- London 4First off we went to the London Dungeons. I thought it was very scary because it was dark and wet. We went through the Gunpowder plot, the Great Plague, Miss Lovett’s pie shop, Jack the Ripper, the Torturer, the Judge Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 28, 2014
- London 3We went to the Tower of London via platform 9 ¾ at Kings Cross station. Platform 9 ¾ is the platform that Harry (Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s stone) catches the train to Hogwarts. At Platform 9 ¾ there is Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 28, 2014
- England Day 6: Hatless Horse RacingMike woke up this morning not feeling well. He was having a flare up of his FMF so he took some medication and went back to sleep for a while. We had plans to take the train to Ascot for Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | Sep 28, 2014
- London 2After a long sleep we were ready to start the day in London. We went on the Big Bus which is just around the corner. On the Big Bus we saw the London landmarks such as the Marble Arch, Big Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 26, 2014
- London - The Tate Museum.There was a time, years ago when I saw museums as places you only really needed to visit once. It was to me, simply art under glass, frozen in time. Once you had seen Mus Posted by Charloch in Travels With Charley | Sep 27, 2014
- Paris to LondonToday was our last day in Paris. We got up and went to a crepe place around the corner. The man who made the crepes was a true artist. He had a huge range of fillings. My mum , brother Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 25, 2014
- Day 6 Urban Hike LondonWe decided today to just hike all day around the city!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/ Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 21, 2014
- Day 6 London - GreenwichHeaded down to the Westend today...sunny, warm and perfect for an urban hike. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/20140921_132027.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/thumb_20140921_132027.jpg caption=Greenwich from the River Thame Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 22, 2014
- Day 5 London - Pub and NL connectionHi there --- not much to report in on today. We actually slept in until noon!!! Yep.....We had a late night coming in from Iceland. The backpacks are sooo heavy.
The weather here is much warmer than Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 20, 2014
- Sin City 2Ok friends, here is another review-style blog post. Last time I wrote one I commented that it was probably a little strange. But I actually really like reviewing things, so if you are happy to bear with me, I am Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 30, 2014
- Waterstones So my last few days in London were relatively uneventful. I’m finding that the lazy tendencies that I am very accustomed to at home are resurfacing. You know the ones, desire to sleep far more than necessary, sit around watching Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 28, 2014
- Brick Lane LondonSo I got a message on couch surfing to meet Andrew for drinks in Sydney. I saw this message very delayed, and he was no longer in Australia. Luckily Andrew is a London local so I said I would Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 25, 2014
- Notting Hill CarnivalOk so did you know that London (more specifically Notting Hill) has this carnival every year where they try to mimic Rio's 'Carnival'?
Well I didn't. In fact I was so oblivious that when I showed up I thought I Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 24, 2014
- Night Out in London Town So I signed up to go to dinner with an online website called 'couch surfing'. The premise of the site is to find people who will let you sleep at their house when you travel to save on money. The Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 23, 2014
- Dirty Rotten ScoundrelsSo I treated myself to a West-End show, because, well... I can.
I picked this one on a whim and I am really glad that I did. It was funny! And I mean genuinely funny!
I have learned since that the Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 22, 2014
- London Week 1So here goes nothing.
I have never written a blog before. Personally I find myself clever and witty and all of those lovely things that would make a superb blogger. But low and behold the world does not always agree. Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 27, 2014
- 16 hours till take off.....Welcome to our travel blog!
We have decided to keep a blog/journal of our year travelling so friends and family can see what we're up to. We have never done anything like this before so please be patient with us! We Posted by flickateacup in Wherever We May Roam | Aug 24, 2014
- One Month UpdateAccording to this blogging site, these are some of my stats so far:
- 7008 miles traveled
- 9 countries visited – US, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, France, UK, Netherlands, and the Czech Republic
- 32 days spent traveling
- 0.35 % of my Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Aug 15, 2014
- I Heart LondonWe arrived in London Monday morning we've pretty much been in jumpers for the first time all trip, the weathers also changed we've had rain!
Here's our afternoon in London in pictures
We saw the amazing poppies at the Tower of London
[img=http://ph Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 13, 2014
- Royale with Cheese and Looking for Lee Ho Fook'sI have spent the past week or so in two of Europe's largest cities. I arrived in Paris on Sunday evening (August 3rd). After checking in and planning what I wanted to do for the next few days Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Aug 8, 2014
- LondonAs I was taking my breakfast, I read (again) the London guide to find what I could do in my last morning/early afternoon in London. I thought it would be interesting to the changing the guard ceremony by Buckingham palace Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 13, 2014