Blog Entries tagged 'luxury_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'luxury_travel'
- India - The Last Word* Beautifully executed and designed Tour from Scenic Tours, Claire Yogesh and Ground operators.
* Smallish group of travellers 23 at beginning of tour and 19 for the last week. A good mix of personalities who cared about the tour Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Mar 24, 2013
- Narlai to UdaipurAfter arriving at Rawla Narlai we had an hour or two to enjoy our lovely room and the charming hotel. We met in the courtyard of the hotel for a glass or two of wine then it was onto bullock Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 24, 2013
- Udaipur to SingaporeWe landed in Singapore this morning after nearly 24 hours without sleep between Udaipur and here and a medical emergency on the flight from Delhi to Singapore. My laptop problems continue so I will complete the blog with lots of Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 24, 2013
- Jodhpur to NarlaiWe have just arrived in the little village of Narlai and are staying overnight at a Heritage hotel - the Rawla at Narlai - what a surprise! A delightful room with a bed large enough for Bob Carol Ted Alice Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 20, 2013
- Jaipur to JodhpurWe concluded our 2 night stay in Jaipur with a special night put on as part of our Scenic Tour. We were dressed in Turbans which were then given to the men and saris where given to the delighted ladies. Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 18, 2013
- Ranthambore to JaipurOn Valentines day after seeing the bengal Tigers we returned to our Oberoi Oasis, Shaken and stirred. We then dressed up for a romantic dinner in the outdoor dining area of the Oberoi Vanyvilas with a bonfire roaring in the Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 16, 2013
- Agra to RanthamboreToday we went on 2 safaris, the first a morning drive was very dusty and rough but we sore lots of naughty monkeys with long tails and serious faces. We saw several kinds of deer and we travelled over Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 14, 2013
- Delhi to AgraSpent last night in the Taj Mahal Hotel in Delhi watching the Delhi Glitterati gathering in the coffee shop. Young girls dressed in gorgeous silks and young men preening like peacocks. The girls teetered on stiletto heels and did Bollywood Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 11, 2013
- Khajaraho to DelhiWe arrived in Khajaraho yesterday afternoon, had lunch at the superb LaliT Hotel, where stayed for 1 night, then left for the brief trip to the famous 900 year old Temple Complex dating back to the Chandela Dynasty of Central Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 9, 2013
- Delhi to VaranasiWell first things first. We are continuing on our journey with a few modifications. We are currently in Varanasi and last night ventured through the wonderful astonishing assault on all senses that is this city of Hindu Gods, pilgrims, pyres Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 7, 2013
- New Delhi Day 2Met the other members of our group along with our Tour Director Claire last night. After a full briefing we enjoyed a western style meal in the 1911 Bar at our hotel - The Imperial - along with 4 others Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 5, 2013
- New Delhi Day 1After a refreshing sleep we had breakfast in the famous 1911 Bar. We then decided to walk in the rain to Connaught Place to have an adventure. Forget the maps as they have no idea of scale. We walked in Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 4, 2013
- Singapore to DelhiAfter a 12 hour sleep at the Swissotel The Stamford hotel we were up and about despite the grey skies and heavy rain. We found the Funan Mall which is jam-packed with Camera and Electronic gadget stores and purchased a Posted by acudoc in A Passage to India by Len & Celina | Feb 3, 2013
- You have Breakfast at Tiffany's, I'll do lunch at HarrodsLast Christmas, I was given a very generous gift of a gift card to Harrods. Harrods is a high end department store in West London. The store has one million square feet of retail space, making it the Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Sep 30, 2012
- Packing tip # 2If you have bangs- or want straight hair- you need a round brush . In my effort to consolidate and pack effiently, I thought I had a multi purpose brush- I was wrong.
We took the high speed train to Posted by Jcarrara in Europe2012 | Jul 3, 2012
- Wonder after WonderAm sitting on the 10th floor of our hotel overlooking the busy streets of Xian - a small city of a mere 7 million when compared to Chongqing which has a population of 32 million souls. Our last day travelling Posted by acudoc in China | Sep 21, 2011
- Day 3 SuzhouToday has been another terrific day in China.
We started off early in the morning and drove two hours through the outskirts of Shanghai with surprising blue skies for moments at a time. Eventually we got to Suzhou - a city Posted by acudoc in China | Sep 13, 2011
- Port Elizabeth to CapetownWe reached Port Elizabeth and after resting in the safe harbour for several hours we docked in the commercial dock of Port Elizabeth. We boarded our coach after several hours and started our one and a half hour journey to Posted by acudoc in ROSES PASSAGE TO THE INDIAN OCEAN | Jun 3, 2011
- Mumbai 18th MayScorching heat and overwhelming humidity did not stop this hearty band of adventurers from travelling by ferry from the Gate of India to Elephanta Island and its Temple Caves after breakfast and immigration clearance . As we caught a taxi Posted by acudoc in ROSES PASSAGE TO THE INDIAN OCEAN | May 18, 2011
- 7 Days to go!Every one is finally well. After a week of visiting hospital we now look forward to next week and our flight across the Nullabor to Sun Princess at Fremantle. Will then have almost a week at sea to relax before Posted by acudoc in ROSES PASSAGE TO THE INDIAN OCEAN | Apr 25, 2011
- Lake Tekapo, Christchurch and KaikoraWe knew once leaving Queenstown the end was in sight, much to our disappointment, however we wanted to make sure our last few days were fun and as exciting as the rest of New Zealand. With Mike and Rebecca leaving Posted by palmer830 in Adam and Anna half a world away | Mar 19, 2011
- Royal Hawaiian Hotel
Main Entry Driveway
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/283679/90_3_1282377315281_p Posted by PTTempe in Open Mind | Aug 20, 2010
- Here we are, still at homeWe had just a blast, working through the new program Posted by JoynMoe in Getting used to this program | Aug 18, 2010
- PLANNING FOR HOLIDAYPlanning a holiday is always a great activity, because even though it can become a bit stressful (making flight plans and travel arrangements, deciding what to bring and trying to pack all your stuff into a small suitcase or backpack, Posted by jpawel in My Holiday Club | Aug 14, 2010
- Please Don't Rush
Just two hours after crossing the border into Laos I see my first corpse float past the slow boat on the River Mekong! First thing that morning i had crossed the border fro Posted by Spinky in Wherever I May Roam | Aug 13, 2010