Blog Entries tagged 'luxury_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'luxury_travel'
- Inca TrailThe final day had arrived, the reason for all the ridiculous stairs, gruelling mountains, freezing winds and annoying mozzies..all we wanted was a cloudless day so that when we reached the Sun gate we could see Machu Picchu cleary..being the Posted by willandsam in Will and Sams World Tour | Mar 8, 2009
- Inca TrailDAY 3
We awoke at sunrise once again to a beautiful day.. November to March here is the rainy season, so to see a cloudless sky we were very lucky. A quick litre of coca tea and we were off at Posted by willandsam in Will and Sams World Tour | Mar 7, 2009
- 2 Days on the AltiplanoSpent yesterday on a private train from Cuzco to Puno a distance of 350Km with the highest point reached at 4300metres. Arrived at our hotel at Puno and were all exhausted after the 10 hour trip while being entertained by Posted by acudoc in Len & Celina's South America - Take 2 | Mar 9, 2009
- The Inca TrailWe arrived in Lima from Santiago, thankful not to have been arrested and ready to take on the next leg of the trip... After a 1am cab ride into Lima city, where the cab driver did not allow the nedle Posted by willandsam in Will and Sams World Tour | Mar 6, 2009
- Macchu Picchu We Did It 2
I hope these photographs give some sense of the wonder that is Macchu Picchu. Today we spent the day wandering the streets of Cuzco a Posted by acudoc in Len & Celina's South America - Take 2 | Mar 7, 2009
- Reaching the Heights in Macchu PicchuNo photos as yet. But sitting almost breathless in Cuzco. We saw the Inca ruins of Sachsayhuaman or Sexy Woman today en route back to Cuzco for a 2 night stay. Massive stones with many angles almost miraculously placed over Posted by acudoc in Len & Celina's South America - Take 2 | Mar 6, 2009
- Peru at last!Today we climbed the Fortress of Ollantytambo -almost to the top but to the Sacred Gate. The scenery is fantastic and neither of us are suffering from Altitude Sickness. We are staying at a lovely hotel with the Mountains of Posted by acudoc in Len & Celina's South America - Take 2 | Mar 4, 2009
- Ushuaia to Punta Arenas
Hopefully the above gives some idea of what we experienced in the Antarctic. I am currently sitting comfortably on the ship as Celina visists a large colony of Magellanic Penguins on magda Posted by acudoc in Len & Celina's South America - Take 2 | Feb 26, 2009
- High in the HimalayasThis incredible journey began in Pantnagar, where our flight from Delhi landed. We drove to the Almora region where we begun a three day 'Kumaon village walk' through the incredibly humble and beautiful villages of the Indian Himalayas. Posted by hugetravel in High in the Himalayas | Feb 26, 2009
- Cape Horn to UshaiaOur last planned day in Antarctic waters was cancelled when the Captain advised we were leaving the White Continent as there was a massive low pressure system coming straight at us which would be associated with Force 8-9 gales and Posted by acudoc in Len & Celina's South America - Take 2 | Feb 24, 2009
- Antarctica Day 3Here we are on Day 3 of our fabulous Antarctic Cruise on the beautiful Star Princess. Today we have continued to have perfect weather and some passengers have seen whales. The bridge has just announced a pod of Humpbacks passing Posted by acudoc in Len & Celina's South America - Take 2 | Feb 22, 2009
- Rio at LastArrived 2am this morning after a nightmare 34 hour trip from Melbourne slept on plane and then again for 4-5 hours in our very comfortable room and bed. Spent this morning on a jeep Tour of Corcovado with the massive Posted by acudoc in Len & Celina's South America - Take 2 | Feb 8, 2009
- Antarctica Day 1Here are some photos of the last 2 days.
What a fantastic day so far. Star Princess is rock steady but the weather Gods are very kind to a Posted by acudoc in Len & Celina's South America - Take 2 | Feb 20, 2009
- Elephant Island, South Shetland IslandsWoke early this morning and soon came in sight of Elephant island - the site of the famous Shackleton Expedition which was grounded in this terrible but beautiful place in 1916 after the Endurance was caught in the ice. We Posted by acudoc in Len & Celina's South America - Take 2 | Feb 20, 2009
- Equadorian TravelsOur time in Equador has been Unique. Like no other place on earth ( from what we´ve experianced so far!). Landing in Quito after getting acclimatised to the altitude we explored New Town, Old Town, and the TeleferiQo Posted by CarrieSean in our big adventure | Feb 16, 2009
- Cruise Day 2Today we stopped in Montevideo after boarding yesterday in Buenos Aires. Yesterday we had our last morning in BA and decided to go to Gallerios Pacificos - an upmarket shopping centre in a renovated railway headquarters in Central BA. Posted by acudoc in Len & Celina's South America - Take 2 | Feb 15, 2009
- Iguassu from both sides of the fallsHere in BA - take 2. Arrived at BA and am currently writing this in the Lobby of the Emperador Hotel after waking early this morning. We drive over the border to Argentina and then enter the Argentinian national Posted by acudoc in Len & Celina's South America - Take 2 | Feb 12, 2009
- Day 1 Foz IguacuAfter 2 exhausting days in Rio we got up early this morning for our trip to Iguassu Falls. Arrived here at 2pm after the now familiar delays in our flights on the local system. We had breakfast at 6:30am and Posted by acudoc in Len & Celina's South America - Take 2 | Feb 10, 2009
This photo really does sum up my experience in India. It exemplifies how deeply these people care about their country and the fact that you are visiting. "We tried our best to accommodate yo Posted by a_broad in A Broad Abroad | Feb 1, 2009
- Boxing Day in the Sun - Adelaide Day 726th December 2008
Naughty naughty - a sleep in and it puts us behind on our plans for the day.
Adelaide is in very close proximity (for those not in the know) to the Barossa Valley - home to a number Posted by KerryMc in Kerry Mc Travels | Jan 30, 2009
- Las Vegas!Bon matin tout le monde!
J'ai entendu dire que vous aviez eu une grosse tempête de neige hier. Soyez prudents, surtout les filles qui s'en vont au Carnaval en fin de semaine. Pas de tête à queue sur l'autoroute Posted by lacp2506 in Good morning America! | Jan 29, 2009
- Christmas Day in the Sun - Adelaide Day 625th December 2008
Merry Christmas everyone!
I get chance to ring the folks this morning and listen in to the excitement that is Christmas in the McDermott - Higgins household! This will be my first year being away from all that.. how Posted by KerryMc in Kerry Mc Travels | Jan 24, 2009
- Christmas Eve in the Sun - Adelaide Day 524th December 2008
Awake early this morning - you'll be pleased to hear - to help Viv with some last minute preparations for our Christmas "Waifs and Strays" lunch tomorrow.
First stop, Burnside and the usual expected Christmas Eve rush (alt Posted by KerryMc in Kerry Mc Travels | Jan 24, 2009
- Adelaide - Day 423rd December 2008
"Show me the way home, I'm tired and I want to go to bed...." I haven't had a little drink an hour a go and it hasn't gone to my head BUT I am absolutely exhausted. I know Posted by KerryMc in Kerry Mc Travels | Jan 24, 2009
- The Day That Never Comes
My plan to walk to the bus station to catch the cheap bus to the airport was foiled by the commencement of a steady downpour overnight. I found out that taxi fares to the airport were mu Posted by paceway in RTW | Jan 18, 2009