- Introducing the authorAs a child, growing up in the sixties, family holidays were almost always taken in Britain, usually Cornwall or Wales. A holiday overseas was considered an unaffordable luxury, but there was one exception. My uncle was in the Royal Air Posted by ToonSarah in Sarah's travels (both past and present) | Jan 9, 2017
- I'll never sleep again...
Okay, my title is a little over-the-top: after all, I do get to sleep every third night a good six hours. It's the other two, mostly sleepless nights that have me acting like a Posted by sussesimis in Pura Vida Thesis Writing | Dec 21, 2016
- Not a travel story this time... but a movieBahniman... the movie
It would not be wrong to say that as a mainstream commercial cinema, Bahniman is one of the few bilingual films to be made in Assamese.
Biswajeet Bora, the director, story and screenplay writer of the film, started his Posted by incommunicado in Conversations & Confessions Chronicles | Dec 6, 2016
- Calm Tides [center][/center]
The sun rising, the wind blowing. my gaze falls onto the mountains in the distance, I feel the wind caress my face. I heard the soft breaths of the tw Posted by LeoReeb in CEW - Penang | Nov 23, 2016
- The Competition!
We start this story with a competition. Beginning with Group A, they consisted of nine people. Mr. Gunputh, Maayan, Paul- Emile, Alice, Lea, Amy, Baxter and Lexa. There were 4 groups in total, Posted by Lola1815 in Ugh My shoes! | Nov 20, 2016
- Bruised Bunch!
The group starts off jumping off the slippery, muddy speedboats. They land in revolting black mud, some of the adventurer’s start to squint in disgust. They make their way through the mud and Posted by Lola1815 in Ugh My shoes! | Nov 20, 2016
- My new best friends the Leeches!
The second trek of the trip. The longest one of all. This experience of mine has probably been the worst one on the trip. Firstly, let’s start with what happened. We started cli Posted by Lola1815 in Ugh My shoes! | Nov 20, 2016
- Our First Activity
Hi Mrs. Hoff,
Let me just tell you about this fascinating trip I went on with my school friends just a few days ago. The day we got there was when we all caught a whiff of Posted by Lola1815 in Ugh My shoes! | Nov 20, 2016
- My lesson for packing a backpack bagMe and my friend was chatting about backpack traveling, which we dream of since long time ago. But, there are a lot of detail we’ve been discuss during the period. Where is our destination? How much is our budget? How Posted by travelairticket in Backpack Journey | Nov 4, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 2On Friday, July 15, my dad and I traveled around the Olympic Peninsula to hike & go birding.
Our morning destination was a drive-up mountain peak on the east side of the Olympics called Mt. Walker, where my target birds were Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 23, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 1Last weekend, my dad and I traveled to the Olympic Peninsula in northwest Washington state for birding, hiking, and even whale-watching! I will split this trip up day-by-day since I have so many photos. Enjoy!
On Thursday, July 14, we took Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 21, 2016
- Surprise Summer Visitor!Today after hearing it's distinctive piercing, high-pitched call, my mom and I tracked down a surprise Broad-winged Hawk sitting in a tree in our front yard! This is a big surprise because usually these birds are found in the deep Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 9, 2016
- Indiana Dunes State ParkBack to a regular post...yesterday my family and I visited Indiana Dunes State Park. I was hoping to find Cerulean, Prothonotary, and if I was really lucky, maybe my hoped-for life bird Prairie Warbler.
Upon arriving at Trail 2, I immediately Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 8, 2016
- CubaVery early this Monday morning, I returned from my choir's week-long tour to Havana, Cuba. It was possibly the most eye-opening trip of my entire life, and the entire choir was changed by this tour.
As the first youth choir to Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 6, 2016
- Last bird walk of the season!Today I led the final bird walk of "spring," at Miller Meadows Forest Preserve in Maywood, Illinois. It actually turned out to be the most productive walk at Miller this spring in terms of # of species, 39 in total, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 25, 2016
- Junior Naturalists' Bird WalkFirst of all, this Monday, June 27 I will be leaving with my choir, the Voice of Chicago, for a week-long tour to HAVANA, CUBA! This will be one of the best experiences of 2016, and it is a groundbreaking Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 21, 2016
- Illinois Beach State Park!Today I birded with birding friend Al Stokie in northern Lake County, Illinois. Although it felt quite hot at times (it topped out at 93 degrees today!), we had a productive day of birding.
After an hour-and-a-half commute on the Metra, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 10, 2016
- "The Beauty Of The Yorkshire Dales"Friday: 10th. June'16..
About time for another update before I forget my daily dose of activities while I am here.. Tuesday was another morning walk through the country park in the Lytham Hall grounds & a small stock up at my Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 10, 2016
- Orland GrasslandYesterday I birded Orland Grasslands South near Orland Park in southern Cook County, Illinois. I decided to go because the preserve hosts many quality breeding birds, and it was forecast to be a pleasantly cool day in the upper 60's Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 8, 2016
- 3 days of summer birding!This post is for three awesome days of birding in my first week of summer: Thursday, June 2 - Saturday, June 4.
THURSDAY, JUNE 2:
A pair of rare Hudsonian Godwits, a large species of shorebird, had been reported at a random Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 5, 2016
- Miller Meadows Bird Walk & Columbus ParkToday, I led a bird walk at Miller Meadows Forest Preserve in Maywood, IL and then did a bit of birding in Columbus Park, IL.
Eight birders showed up for the bird walk, which turned out to be quite productive. The Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 31, 2016
- Getting Ready!Hello World!
After months and months (and months and months...) of planning, the time is ALMOST here for us to fly across the pond to start our travels Stateside, before we head further south to Central America!
With the weather being utterly Posted by nicoroar in Where's the next adventure? | May 31, 2016
- Piping Plover, Part 2!Today, the last day of my Memorial Day weekend in Michigan with my aunt Mary and uncle Mory, my uncle and I drove to Muskegon State Park again in hopes of getting more photos of the Piping Plovers nesting on Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 30, 2016
- Worm-eatingToday I birded with my Uncle Mory at the Allegan State Game Area in southwest Michigan in search of a few target warblers. We were hoping to find Cerulean, Prothonotary, Hooded, and Blue-winged Warblers, with our main goal being a Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 29, 2016
- Oak Park Bird Walk & Piping Plover!Today, before my family and I drove to Michigan, I led a bird walk starting from my house at 7:00am - the final neighborhood bird walk of the spring (although I have three more walks scheduled to take place in Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 28, 2016