Blog Entries tagged 'motorcycle'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'motorcycle'
- visiting rural points along the Pan American Highway....From the start…….
We all met before the trek in Texas, socialized and inspected the vehicles, paperwork, and
prepared to enter into the journey of a lifetime!
THEN it started…
YOU COULD NOT IMAGINE DRIVING INTO LATIN AMERICA IN YOUR OWN RV1
“I really Posted by rvcampertravele in RV USA to South America | Feb 1, 2017
- Canadian Rockies Bimble - Wells Gray ParkI`m blaming it on Chess Lyons. We are staying in Clearwater to visit Wells Gray Park. [b]Famous for its waterfalls, there is the mighty Helmcken Falls 141 metres high, but also many other lesser falls including one namesake, the Goodwin Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | Jun 12, 2016
- Canadian Rockies Bimble - The Canadian Pacific RailroadWhat do William Cornelius Van Horne and Cheng Ging Butt have in common? You may be forgiven for not knowing the latter, but if you know some history of the Canadian Pacific Railway -and of course there is no reason Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | Jun 12, 2016
- Canadian Rockies Bimble - Highways and FerriesIf you are a motorcyclist, or even if you are not, but appreciate good empty roads, then I can't recommend these enough. I don't think I've ever ridden anywhere and seen less cars, houses, towns or better road surfaces.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | Jun 7, 2016
- Canadian Rockies Bimble - The Okanagan Valley"I moved here In 1996 from Grimsby". Then, as the rain started to fall again. " This is really unusual, it only rains here ten days a year". We had already experienced two of those days and the Okanagan Valleys Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | Jun 1, 2016
- Canadian Rockies Bimble - The road to HopeBike collected and the first day on the road...to Hope.
For film buffs and Rambo fans (not necessarily the same thing) you will have seen Hope, but it may have been pretending to be somewhere else. [b]The first Rambo was filmed Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | May 30, 2016
- Canadian Rockies BimbleFour hours in Heathrow, waiting for the flight to Vancouver. There are a lot of people, all passing through to somewhere else. Killing time is an art form, helped by duty free, WH Smiths, Harrodsburg Sunglasses boutique, Dixons travel, all Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | May 29, 2016
- Canadian Rockies BimblePerhaps I should begin with an explanation. If you have never heard of the term, I should explain Bimbling[b][/b]
The Oxford English Dictionary defines it as A Leisurely Journey
The Collins English Dictionary as [b]To wander aimlessly, Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | May 29, 2016
- Chicago and Milwaukee Hey there!
Our first 2 days have been so action-packed! The ride from Buffalo to Chicago took around 9 hours. We left at 1 am, so it was easy to sleep most of the way.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/826073/90_image10.jpg thumb=http://photos.tr Posted by baecation2016 in Lovebug Train Trip 2016 | May 16, 2016
- COMMON SENSE - Be sure to bring a big bunch with you!Traveling from USA to Panama (and further south into S.Amer) requires a good vehicle and good judgement. The vehicle should be in excellent mechanical condition and go with spare parts, also should be comfortable for you and your passengers to Posted by rvcampertravele in OVERLAND Travel to Central and South Am. | Apr 9, 2016
- Camping overland into Central and South AmericaTRAVELING OVERLAND IN A RV!
To us, travel has nothing to do with cruises and vacations. It’s not about staying at fancy hotels or taking a two-week holiday.
Travel is a way of life. It’s how we learn, develop ourselves, educate our Posted by rvcampertravele in OVERLAND Travel to Central and South Am. | Apr 8, 2016
- Pan American Highway - Going again in 2017!!I have decided to "get ready" early and do my pre-trip preparation for this great journey thru Mexico, Central America, and South America. I am using a excellent low-milage Ford F250 , 7.3 diesel, long bed pick up with Posted by rvcampertravele in Camping - camping in Guatemala | Apr 8, 2016
- Yet another time jump - Indonesia! Driving around Bali
Music: MKJ X Alora & Senii - Travel (ft. Jimmy Hennessy) &
Just SZA — 04 Time Travel Undone (Prod. Top Notch)
Visiting Bali was my Posted by nerikimmera in Diving into the World | Aug 27, 2016
- Free Camping in Antigua - NOT really "Camping" anymore!The old Policia de Turismo facility located near the bus terminal used to be a nice place to spend a few days and see the tourist sites in Antigua. Now its ok to stop for a day, but all Posted by rvcampertravele in Camping - camping in Guatemala | Jan 10, 2016
- Paris[left]My first time through Paris allowed me to meander through Paris on foot, the photos are taken close to the River Seine, Every one is out drinking or just walking by the river. I walked and drank. The red Eiffel Posted by Chris Sig in Europe on a Motorcycle 2014 | Oct 5, 2015
- I-70 across KansasRiding across Kansas on Interstate 70 today, saw someone riding a motorcycle laying on the tank with his feet straight back just barely high enough to prevent them from dragging on the highway.
Although this is my first day out Posted by Bruce Carlson in Pacific Northwest Motorcycle Trip | Jun 8, 2015
- Cuba Libre - Must seeThe city that became the site of the final battle in the Cuban Revolution in 1958 and brought down the Batista Regime is: Santa Clara. Two guerrilla leaders from Fidel Castros troops, Ernesto Che Guevara and Camilo Cienfuegos Posted by Linda Fluckiger in Living a Dream | Jan 29, 2015
- Fort LauderdaleMotosikletle Atlanta'dan Florida'ya yaptığımız gezimiz sırasında, Key West'te kalırken havanın bozması ve daha da kötü olacağını öğrenmemiz üzerine doğu sahillerine doğru yola çıkma kararı aldık. Miami'de daha önce iki kere kaldığımızdan yaklaşık 45 km ku Posted by ayferonur in Ayfer-Onur Seyahatnamesi | Mar 7, 2014
- Kathmandu to Border with TibetWhy do people have 'bucket lists' or 'life lists' as the more positive amongst us prefer to call them! And why do Buddhists believe all life is suffering? I was reflecting on this - or at least i would have Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Nov 16, 2013
- Pokhara to KhatmanduHaving arrived in Pokhara safe and sound we now had two days to explore the place. It's a favourite destination for tourists, Trekkers ,para gliders and in our case motorcyclists. Imagine a mixture of sixties hippy, "adventure " blue Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Nov 8, 2013
- Chitwan to PokharaFrom Chitwan we travelled to Lambini, the birthplace of Buddha. It is now a World Heritage Site and is visited by Buddhists from all over the world. Before entry shoes must be removed, It's a place I really wanted Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Nov 3, 2013
- On the RoadTravelling by any means in Nepal is an adventure. Our few days watching traffic in Kathmandu, travelling by kamikaze taxi, and dodging,cycles,rickshaws,motorcycles,cars, trucks and buses while on foot,had given us some serious misgivings about choosing to Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Nov 2, 2013
- Pashupatinath, KathmanduReligions are everywhere in Kathmandu and Nepal. Hinduism , Buddhism, Christianity,Islam and every other religion you can name, can probably be found somewhere in Kathmandu. However, central to most is Hinduism.
Temple's are everywhere, and shrines are Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Nov 2, 2013
- Flight to KathmanduIn the sixties and seventies Kathmandu was a popular destination for the Hippies in search of free love and drugs (and not necessarily in that order). The overland trail led through Europe, Turkey, to India before ending at the drugs Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Oct 25, 2013
- PreparationsWell here we are, all our bags are packed we're ready to go. ( sounds like a song coming on). Tomorrow we will be on our way to Nepal. Heathrow, Delhi to Katmandu. It's quite a conundrum, packing for motorcycling Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Oct 23, 2013