Blog Entries tagged 'motorcycle'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'motorcycle'
- Kathmandu to Border with TibetWhy do people have 'bucket lists' or 'life lists' as the more positive amongst us prefer to call them! And why do Buddhists believe all life is suffering? I was reflecting on this - or at least i would have Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Nov 16, 2013
- Pokhara to KhatmanduHaving arrived in Pokhara safe and sound we now had two days to explore the place. It's a favourite destination for tourists, Trekkers ,para gliders and in our case motorcyclists. Imagine a mixture of sixties hippy, "adventure " blue Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Nov 8, 2013
- Chitwan to PokharaFrom Chitwan we travelled to Lambini, the birthplace of Buddha. It is now a World Heritage Site and is visited by Buddhists from all over the world. Before entry shoes must be removed, It's a place I really wanted Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Nov 3, 2013
- On the RoadTravelling by any means in Nepal is an adventure. Our few days watching traffic in Kathmandu, travelling by kamikaze taxi, and dodging,cycles,rickshaws,motorcycles,cars, trucks and buses while on foot,had given us some serious misgivings about choosing to Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Nov 2, 2013
- Pashupatinath, KathmanduReligions are everywhere in Kathmandu and Nepal. Hinduism , Buddhism, Christianity,Islam and every other religion you can name, can probably be found somewhere in Kathmandu. However, central to most is Hinduism.
Temple's are everywhere, and shrines are Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Nov 2, 2013
- Flight to KathmanduIn the sixties and seventies Kathmandu was a popular destination for the Hippies in search of free love and drugs (and not necessarily in that order). The overland trail led through Europe, Turkey, to India before ending at the drugs Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Oct 25, 2013
- PreparationsWell here we are, all our bags are packed we're ready to go. ( sounds like a song coming on). Tomorrow we will be on our way to Nepal. Heathrow, Delhi to Katmandu. It's quite a conundrum, packing for motorcycling Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Oct 23, 2013
- The Journey So Far- And Finally===The Journey So Far===
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/287551/large_Mountain_P..from_Kri Posted by Mick G in The Baltic Sea to the Tatra Mountains | Jul 15, 2013
- Bike Problems in Austria and GermanyAs you know, when you are travelling there will always be something goes wrong and quite often that involves technology. Our problem involved a left turn indicator and a menu button that decided to go on strike in Slovakia. Posted by Mick G in The Baltic Sea to the Tatra Mountains | Jul 15, 2013
- AustriaWe were heading for Krimml because Fred and Urmer, who we had met in Trutnov in the Czech Republic, had recommended a hotel there. Plus, Krimml waterfalls at 350m are the biggest waterfalls in Europe and the 5th largest in Posted by Mick G in The Baltic Sea to the Tatra Mountains | Jul 15, 2013
- Vienna, AustriaInto Austria via a great route through Slovakia, suggested by the owner of the apartment we stayed in. With a further detour by ourselves around Bratislava, we crossed into Austria on a small ferry. Then on towards Vienna, our stop Posted by Mick G in The Baltic Sea to the Tatra Mountains | Jul 12, 2013
- Bojnice, SlovakiaWe left Zakopane in Poland and quickly crossed the border into Slovakia. Our route was to take us through the Low Tatras to Bojnice . Avoiding the major routes we wound our way through forests that stretched as far Posted by Mick G in The Baltic Sea to the Tatra Mountains | Jul 12, 2013
- El FinWell I survived to write another entry. According to google maps it was 1323 miles and man was it some serious riding. Almost all the way to new Orleans, and even from New Orleans to the Texas state Posted by TX_Bizkit in Bizkit USA | Jul 11, 2013
- The Big Easy can be kinda rough....This was composed Friday the 5th but just now getting sent so act like it's still Friday when you read it....
SSSSOOOO what did YOU do for the 4th of July? Mine was spent wandering around the City of New Posted by TX_Bizkit in Bizkit USA | Jul 11, 2013
- The High Tatra MountainsThe reason we were heading for Zakopane was quite simple. Some years ago, April and I were riding through Switzerland when we met a man from Brazil, in a cable car - I hasten to add we were not riding Posted by Mick G in The Baltic Sea to the Tatra Mountains | Jul 5, 2013
- Jesenik, Czech RepublicWe left Trutnov and headed for Jesenik in another ski area. This was an overnight stay on our way to Zakopane in Poland, where we intended to stay for a few days. The towns and the roads in the Czezh Posted by Mick G in The Baltic Sea to the Tatra Mountains | Jul 5, 2013
- Trutnov, Czech RepublicAt last, as we made our way through the Czech Republic, we started to find bends in the road. The landscape became increasingly hilly as we entered the Carpathian mountain range that stretches in a great arc into Poland, Slovakia, Posted by Mick G in The Baltic Sea to the Tatra Mountains | Jul 4, 2013
- Happy 4th of JulyOK so i'll admit I may have been rambling during my last post. I could barely keep my eyes open and thoughts......well there were as scattered as a pile of leaves in a tornado. I was however able Posted by TX_Bizkit in Bizkit USA | Jul 4, 2013
- Into the Czech Republic and the Carpathian MountainsDon't you think the Euro is really useful ? You can travel vast areas of Europe and know that the unleaded petrol in Holland is expensive, compared with Germany. You know instantly that the coffee and cakes you bought in Posted by Mick G in The Baltic Sea to the Tatra Mountains | Jul 3, 2013
- IT'S WET YO!SO.....technically it's day 3 of the trip but the first 2 days were travel and work. It, however, is day 1 of the motorcycle riding and boy has it been interesting. I'm beginning to notice a trend of Posted by TX_Bizkit in Bizkit USA | Jul 2, 2013
- Carl Hans Lody and Immo HopmanI doubt if anyone has heard of these two people,but their story is nonetheless remarkable and worth telling.
While wandering around Lubeck I came across this plaque on the city wall:
Carl Posted by Mick G in The Baltic Sea to the Tatra Mountains | Jul 1, 2013
- ColditzWe travelled South from Binz through the former East Germany to an overnight stop near Frankfurt an der Oder. Next day,after an early start we arrived at our accommodation near Dresden during the morning with a view to visiting Colditz Posted by Mick G in The Baltic Sea to the Tatra Mountains | Jul 1, 2013
- July 4th 2013 Bike TripSo this is day 1 of a 7 day trip which could go in many directions. A day after the complete FAIL of a morning in Dallas I sit in the DFW airport(Admirals Club of course...) heading off for Posted by TX_Bizkit in Bizkit USA | Jun 30, 2013
- Last day in Faroe islandsOn Saturday we headed off north towards Gjogv, then onto the island of Bordoy and the town of Klaksvik. We had some delicious cake and a cup of coffee there. We also browsed some local handmade goods produced from the Posted by XJR1300 in MOTORCYCLE ADVENTURE TOUR - Part 2 | Jun 30, 2013
- Lubeck Initially we were disappointed with Lubeck. We arrived mid afternoon and took a walk into the old city,perhaps expecting it to be like Bruges. Instead we found a modern shopping centre complete with modern shoppers not unlike Northumberland Street on Posted by Mick G in The Baltic Sea to the Tatra Mountains | Jun 23, 2013