Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- Sunrise at SarangkotWe were up by 4.45, fortunately not relying on the hotel wake up call which never came! The driver was the same man as yesterday and we set off through the deserted Pokhara streets, climbing higher and higher reaching the Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Mar 23, 2017
- The World Peace PagodaThursday dawned quite bright and clear so we decided to try and visit the World Peace Pagoda after breakfast. We arranged a driver through the hotel and met up at ten after dropping off our laundry. He suggested going straight Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Mar 22, 2017
- Pokhara and Phewa LakeTuesday saw us travel back to the airport - the domestic terminal this time - to catch our Yeti Airlines flight to Pokhara. We were early so managed to get onto the earlier 11.40 flight. Our 12.30 flight seemed to Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Mar 21, 2017
- Nepal Spring 2017As an refugee from VT, this is my first entry on TP, so I haven’t quite got used to the editing system over here ;-) – Never-the Less, I hope you enjoy this little blog of a trip way off Posted by into-thin-air in Nepal Spring 2017 | Mar 17, 2017
'Travel is like knowledge. The more you see, the more you know you haven't seen - Mark Hertsgaard'
February 2017 saw us take a trip to Nepal, it was a bit spur of the moment initially we were considering 2 weeks Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Mar 15, 2017
- Danang & the Hai Van Pass===The Hai Van Pass & Marble Mountain===
There are a few different options when deciding how to travel from Hue to Danang: plane, train, bus, or motorcycle. The most stunning though, is driving the Hai Van Pass. This pass Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde & Curly Adventures | Mar 15, 2017
- Discover SamanáDecember 16- Sunday
Today we were in Samaná which is a providence on a peninsula of the Dominican Republic and is also the name of a town. According to one website, Samaná translates to “fish with coconut sauce.” Posted by greatgrandmaR in Dominican Republic | Mar 13, 2017
- Lagnes with some amazing tiny bories and Lacoste I’m behind in my Journal . . . busy days. On Monday we decided to visit the small villages of Lagnes where Carol Lynn and Posted by Beausoleil in Provence in September | Mar 13, 2017
- Snowglobetrotting===McLeod Ganj===
After seeing the mountains from below it was time to go up. For me they pull like gravity – I had to get up there and higher still to explore the greatest range on Earth. Nature’s power and glory Posted by lewyandkerri in Delhi belly. Fact or fiction? | Mar 13, 2017
- IS LIFE A SHORT JOURNEY…..Jammu – Nagrota lie on the National Highway 1A (NH 1A) that connects the Kashmir valley to Jammu and the rest of India. NH 1A number now does not exist and old NH 1A is now a part of NH Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Mar 12, 2017
- Lighthouses and Cemeteries - December 7December 7th-Monday
We both slept pretty well last night - turned off the TV before the end of the football game. The beds are set up so that my side of one of the beds is against the wall and Posted by greatgrandmaR in Grenada | Mar 11, 2017
- Bandung, the great old and new city in West Java=="Kota Bandung, the great new City in West Java" Bandung by ullfri49==
(Content yet will be completed)
My impressions in and around Bandung
Shure there is much to write and to say about Bandung, the great capital of West Java. Bu Posted by ullfri49 in Travel to Indonesia | Mar 3, 2017
- Halong Bay & Sapa==Halong Bay==
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! We really wish we had a wonderful romantic story to tell you regarding our valentines day however ours ended up being a Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde & Curly Adventures | Feb 26, 2017
- Bichl - Very charming little village in southern Bavaria
I had planned to visit Bichl since several years because I had seen and read so much about its beautiful little church. But it took until August 2016 until I Posted by Trekki in Bavarian Discoveries | Feb 22, 2017
- A quiet Sunday visiting Eygalières and Chapel St. Sixte Woke and all managed to shower without problems. We had ghosts slamming doors last night so no one got much sleep. Drove to G Posted by Beausoleil in Provence in September | Feb 19, 2017
- JASPERFAVOURITE PHOTO -
ROCKY MOUNTAINS COLLAGE -
JASPER! TOOK MY BREATH AWAY!! BY FAR THE BIGGEST HIGHLIGH Posted by aussirose in HK Canada USA Belize 2015 | Feb 3, 2017
- Headed back north through the Alps
Our nice dry, warm week in the Alps came to an end and it was back to the tent. Bastille Day was over and French vacations had begun so we had lots of company in the campgrounds. Our next st Posted by Beausoleil in France in Thirty Days | Feb 6, 2017
- OCOEE TENNESSEEFAVOURITE PHOTO -
SMOKY MOUNTAINS COLLAGE
WE HAD EXPERIENCED THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS AND A MAGNIFICENT Posted by aussirose in HK Canada USA Belize 2015 | Feb 6, 2017
- BANFFFAVOURITE PHOTO -
BOW LAKE - BEFORE LAKE LOUISE WHICH IS BEFORE YOU COME INTO BANFF.
MORE ABOUT THAT LATER.
I LOVED THE MAIN STREET OF BANFF WITH IT'S IMPR Posted by aussirose in HK Canada USA Belize 2015 | Feb 4, 2017
- Getting that iconic shot===Farewell to the Torres del Paine===
[float=left][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/871113/9_96_Torre.._Paine_2016.jpg thumb=ht Posted by ToonSarah in Sarah's travels | Feb 4, 2017
- It's time to turn east . . .
We were trying to get a feel for the entire country in a month . . . an impossible feat, but we didn't know it then. Any experience in France must include Provence so we left our campground Posted by Beausoleil in France in Thirty Days | Feb 3, 2017
- On to the Mediterranean Coast
We loved the Languedoc-Roussillon region but we had our schedule so we headed south yet again to a campground near Narbonne. We had a terrible time finding the campground and later discovere Posted by Beausoleil in France in Thirty Days | Feb 2, 2017
- “The full Paine”===Lakes, mountains and glaciers===
On our one full day in the Torres del Paine National Park we did the tour offered by our hotel, the Hotel Posted by ToonSarah in Sarah's travels | Feb 2, 2017
- To touch the skyTo the Torres del Paine National Park
Hotel Las Torres
As a lover of mountain scenery, I have long wished to visit the high Andes of Patagonia, and specifically Posted by ToonSarah in Sarah's travels | Feb 2, 2017
- visiting rural points along the Pan American Highway....From the start…….
We all met before the trek in Texas, socialized and inspected the vehicles, paperwork, and
prepared to enter into the journey of a lifetime!
THEN it started…
YOU COULD NOT IMAGINE DRIVING INTO LATIN AMERICA IN YOUR OWN RV1
“I really Posted by rvcampertravele in RV USA to South America | Feb 1, 2017