Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- Fort Davis to Fort StocktonWednesday 29th October
Didn't wake til 8:30 this morning, late for us so far this holiday, still we must have needed it after the long day we had yesterday.
Today is all about Big Bend National Park so we buy muffins Posted by ClarenceJSPM in USA Road Trip | Oct 29, 2014
- Cape Town Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Oct 29, 2014
- Sedona to SocorroSunday 26th October
Up and out early this morning as we have a lot we want to see and plenty of miles to cover. First it's the Red Rock Loop road to take in the magnificent scenery. We're actually Posted by ClarenceJSPM in USA Road Trip | Oct 26, 2014
- Las Vegas to SedonaSaturday 25th October.
Today our road trip really begins with some 300 miles to cover including a stretch on the historic Route 66. We start by visiting the Welcome to Vegas sign, cue cheesy Kodak moment!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/71802 Posted by ClarenceJSPM in USA Road Trip | Oct 25, 2014
- Lone Pine to Las VegasFriday 24th October
So we set Fanny for the route we want and she says 6hrs 40mins, eek, when I google mapped it at home it was only 4hrs 30mins. Hmm today could be a tricky day as we have to Posted by ClarenceJSPM in USA Road Trip | Oct 24, 2014
- LA to Lone PineAfter a long flight and a restless first night in the US, we started our road trip, moving on from LA towards Bakersfield and then to Lake Isabella. A little bit hairy getting out of LA but with a bit Posted by ClarenceJSPM in USA Road Trip | Oct 23, 2014
- Montenegro III - Kotor and the Plav[i]I do apologize to anyone out there who was disappointed when these posts abruptly stopped. That had never been my intention, but while traveling I slowly fell further and further behind. This seems to happen very easily when the adventures Posted by danza in There and back again | Oct 20, 2014
- From Granada to CasabermejaThis part of my journey was all about visiting my cousin Helen, and her family, who are living the dream, in a restored farmhouse some 20km from Malaga. The restoration is an ongoing project, but the difference in what the Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Oct 4, 2014
- Trip to Philippines 2014 Part 2Day 13.
Checking out of Prince Plaza ll in Makati today and take a taxi to Manila Airport terminal 4. We have a flight 11:00 from Manila to Kalibo whit AirAsia. The flight was little delayed since there was much Posted by Odd-Arne in My travels around the world | Oct 1, 2014
- Up in the Air=="If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.".==
In the beginning...
Cape Schanck, Victoria, Australia.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by camenbrothers in Up in the Air | Sep 29, 2014
- CountdownIt's only a few days now until we trek up Kilimanjaro for Footsteps International to help street kids in Kenya. All travel, accommodation and associated costs are being paid by us so all money raised goes direct to Footsteps. I’ve Posted by DJBen in Footsteps up Kilimanjaro | Sep 26, 2014
- A Misty MorningAn early start, as the ferry secured to the port at Bilbao. Up & showered at 4.45; Full English in the ships restaurant at 5.30am, then down to the lower deck to retrieve the bike in time for disembarking Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Sep 23, 2014
- Things I Want to Remember: Açores Islands, Portugal ===Pico===
- the sound of the waves, a stray cat, and me sitting on the wall, eating a fancy dinner with a borrowed fork and a borrowed knife as it grew darker following the sunset, overlooking Faial from Pico's coast
- calling Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 19, 2014
- Açores Islands: Pico, Faial, and Terceira
9/12/14 at 1532 (London time)
My time in the Açores is complete and I'm now on my way to Istanbul, Turkey Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 15, 2014
- Brisk day at Lake LouiseHello all
Well this morning started off at a Balmy 1c but it did end at about 10c by the end of the day once we got into Lake Jasper.
We started off on the trek to Jasper and stopped off to Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 12, 2014
- Ama la vidaAma la vida - Liebe das Leben! Und genau das mache ich hier...und ich bin gut darin :) Seit 4 Tagen wohne ich jetzt in einem kleinen gemütlichen Hostel in Monañita. Es heißt das Chillhouse und wird von zwei super Posted by Jennyswaves in followthesun | Sep 6, 2014
- Montenegro (Part I)[i]Apologies to those following this blog closely and may be upset by a chronological jump in the timeline. I’ve been behind my current adventures by about a month for a while and it is difficult to catch up while you’re Posted by danza in There and back again | Aug 31, 2014
- PeruLess than 48 hours after exams ended, two friends and I boarded a plane from Milan to Cusco, Peru. After a long journey of 37 hours (including a 7 hour layover in Miami Airport) we finally arrived in the old Posted by tvons in Third Culture Kid | Aug 23, 2014
- MunnarWe are in another isolated place high in the Western Ghats, much greener, cooler, and more rugged than Wayanad. It is surrounded by tea plantations, cardamom fields and rocky peaks.
Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Aug 22, 2014
- Le Crock Monsieur: trekking round Mont Blanc on one legMy recent trip to the Alps is best summed up by a quote from Woody Allen: "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans."
It began with what should have been a quick, painless trip to Chamonix, the Posted by Chris Parsons in Parsons on Tour | Aug 17, 2014
- Valdez to Maclaren River LodgeWe left Valdez early to travel to Maclaren River Lodge, this is basically the middle of nowhere. The lodge we stayed at was the only building for miles. It also had a restaurant, and for them to collect supplies they Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 9, 2014
- Iceland: Reykjavik and the Golden Circle in One DaySo we have started our second Around the World Trip and are super excited to share our photos and experiences with you all! So here we go . . . .
Iceland wasn’t even a blip on our must-see Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Jul 31, 2014
- Mont Saint MichelWe left Bordeaux, not too early, but with a decent drive ahead of us, and a pin dropped on the GPS to take us to Mont Saint Michel. Our GPS has taken us on some magical mystery tours every now Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Aug 2, 2014
- Last day in Anchorage
Today I was not left with a lot to do. Most of the attractions here are related to the native cultures, the 1964 earthquake, and the wildlife. With the things I had already done I had pretty much covered it, Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Jul 31, 2014
- Downtown Anchorage The last couple of days I have ventured further than my hotel to see some of the sights of Anchorage. Most of the tourist activities are located only a 15 minute walk from my hotel.
Tuesday morning I started with Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Jul 30, 2014