Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- Monteverde - Costa Rica31st December
My trusted taxi driver Pedro picks me up at 8am to take me to Quito airport and I say good bye to him (no kiss this time lol) and to South America as I get on the plane. I Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Jan 6, 2015
- Bienvenida a la República DominicanaDay 1: Arrival in Jarabacoa.
I sit here in the newly initiated VAW apartment way to excited to sleep. LUC VAW is officially kicking off its first Medical Outreach Trip in the Dominican Republic. (see www.volunteersaroundtheworld.org) After a Posted by kbali in La República Dominicana | Dec 27, 2014
- Road Trip through Middle Earth==South Island==
===Day 1 - Kaikoura===
Kaikoura sunrise & wild dolphin swim
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/506924/10809012_1.._54524922_n.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/506 Posted by Cindy_bb in New Zealand | Jan 1, 2015
- TrekkingAs the days went on, it became obvious that we would not be able to proceed with our original trekking plans. Tashi had prepared a somewhat ambitious journey of 12 days in which we would first go to his Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 28, 2014
- A Trip Across Colombia In October 2014, I travelled with a friend by land across the western fringe of Colombia beginning in Cali in the southwestern corner of the country and ending up on the Caribbean coast in the historic city of [[http://www.cartagena-indias.com|Cartagena d Posted by Charles Lemos in Have iPad Will Travel | Dec 27, 2014
- PLAN Mt. Saint Helens
===Die genaue Tages-Route findet Ihr [[https://goo.gl/maps/hVURa|hier]].===
===Heute starten wir auch gegen 9 Uhr und fahren erst mal nach Randle ins [[http://www.tripadvisor.com/Rest Posted by deniseontour in Pacific Northwest & Hawaii | Dec 26, 2014
- Hot Springs Excursion with the BoysSeveral of the older boys asked me if I wanted to visit some hot springs, a couple of kilometers up the road in another small Hindu village, Atholi.
Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 25, 2014
- PLAN Über Olympia zum Mount Rainier
===Die genaue Tages-Route findet Ihr [[https://goo.gl/maps/qatYe|hier]].===
===Heute starten wir um 9 Uhr und gegen 10 Uhr können wir in [[http://www.tripadvisor.de/Restaurant_Review- Posted by deniseontour in Pacific Northwest & Hawaii | Dec 23, 2014
- Bye bye Peru, Hello EcuadorI have not updated the blog for a few days as I have basically been taking it easy in Mancora, a beach resort mainly known for its great waves for surfing.
Mancora - 11th to 16th December
After Machu Piccu and Lima Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Dec 19, 2014
- PLAN Von Seattle in den Olympic National Park
===Die genaue Tages-Route findet Ihr [[https://goo.gl/maps/598U3|hier]].===
===Heute wird ein langer Tag, also brechen wir bereits um 8.00 Uhr vom Hotel auf zu unserem Frühstück im [[ Posted by deniseontour in Pacific Northwest & Hawaii | Dec 19, 2014
(Look how Portland I am.)
Aside from large-framed glasses and apathetic attitudes, Portland has some really beautiful surrounding nature. I met up with my friend from college, Greg. Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Dec 16, 2014
- SantiagoI left a cold and gray but delightful Paris and headed for Santiago, Chile - another 12 hour overnight flight, this time on Air France. I guess it's no surprise that they win the prize for best food so, Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 15, 2014
- Finding my wayThe last couple of months have gone both fast and slow. I have officially hit the 6 month traveling mark, it’s Christmas and New Year season (and you can’t walk a metre without being reminded of this in Colombia!), Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Dec 13, 2014
- What happens in Key West stays in Key West. [center]
===First: Little Tidbits Of Travel===
Assorted airports and assorted quotes that sums up 6 flights. Yes, it took 6 different planes to get to and from Key West.
“Name one food you can’t put bacon on and it will taste b Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Dec 12, 2014
- Machu Piccu4th December
Just like the Salt Flats in Bolivia, Machu Pichu is the big attraction for Peru.
I'm booked on a 2 day tour staring with the Secret Valley and the town of Pisac with more Inca ruins and a mountain full Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Dec 8, 2014
- Cusco Cusco - the world's belly button according to the Incas
I love Cusco. The centre is a very pretty town with a lovely plaza and lots of really nice colonial architecture, churches and narrow cobbled streets. I'm staying at a great Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Dec 8, 2014
- Lake Titicaca and Copacabana26th November
Early start to take the bus to Copacabana, a little village on the edge of LakeTititcaca. I am so pleased to get out of La Paz and be in the country again. To get there we have to Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Dec 7, 2014
- Description of Town and Life in GulabgarhThe town is surrounded by towering snow covered mountains, pine forests, steep rock walls, etc.
View of bridge leading to Gulabgarh
Unfortunately, like so many Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 3, 2014
- Creogh Patrick ClimbJULY 2011
I had seen this mountain from the bus on a previous trip and me being me and probably someone saying I couldn't do it, but this early morning saw me standing looking at Creogh Patrick as it loomed above Posted by Rianda in Traveller Down Under | Nov 25, 2014
- Up in the Air=="If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.".==
In the beginning...
Cape Schanck, Victoria, Australia.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by camenbrothers in Up in the Air | Sep 29, 2014
- Montenegro IVDan and I woke up early the next day in Plav, anxious to get a little more info and then get out on a mountain. The map we had picked up the day before outlined a good number of ambitious, Posted by danza in There and back again | Nov 24, 2014
- Und sie kanns immernoch!Hallo meine Liebsten,
VIELEN VIELEN DANK fuer all die lieben Geburtstagsgruesse :) Mit euren lieben Worten und Bildern und den tollen Menschen hier hatte ich einen unvergesslichen Tag! DANKE! Aber dazu mehr spaeter...
Heute sitze ich im Buero uns ha Posted by Jennyswaves in followthesun | Nov 21, 2014
- ETHIOPIA BLOG 5/5 (FINALE)
At the end of our Simiens Mountains trek on Day 4, we were picked up from Chenek camp by a van which was to take us off the mountain and back to civilization. As the dusty streets of Deb Posted by genowers in Genowers Are Off Again | Nov 16, 2014
- Second crossing of the Andes from Salta to San Pedro 15th November
I thought my first crossing of the Andes was incredible but this second crossing from Salta in Argentina to San Pedro de Acatama in Chile topped it by far. A mixture of multi coloured mountains climbing up followed Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 16, 2014
- Starring in the ShiningDriving in the mountains of Colorado was kind of like an amusement park ride. When I started out of Denver, it was really cool looking at the eye-level clouds I was about to drive into. Until the pretty mountains shrouded Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Nov 16, 2014