Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- Travel tips and Arusha safaris TanzaniaArusha is a city located in Northern Tanzania and has average population of 739640.
Main economic activities are Coffee cultivation, Tourism, Tanzanite mining, flower farms and business.
Posted by Classictours in Arusha safari attractions | Feb 28, 2015
- Iceland: It's More Than A Vacation, It's An Adventure!There are some places in the world that you have to see to believe. Iceland is one of those places. The "Land of Fire and Ice" it is often called because you can be visiting one of it's many volcanoes Posted by HappyWanderer in Travel is Good For the Soul | Feb 26, 2015
- Valle del SaquenzipaLocated at 7,000 feet above sea level and blessed with warm sunny days, cool nights and pH neutral soil rich in calcium and potassium carbonates, the Valle del Saquenzipa in Boyacá, Colombia is a perfect spot for viniculture. Three Posted by Charles Lemos in Have iPad Will Travel | Feb 12, 2015
- Setting OutHi I'm Julie! I'm an advertising exec from Brisbane and Kiwi expat, and I'm currently exploring the top end of Australia with the help of my trusty campervan 'Duncan' (don't ask). I've been on the road for about a week Posted by JulieSm in Heading to the Kimberley | Feb 5, 2015
- Yosemite National Park and San FranciscoI left LA around midday and got to the Yosemite Rustic Bug Resort around 5:30/6pm.
It was exactly what I was looking for:
quaint wooden cabins adorned the hillside, trees as far as the eye could see and nothing but the Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | Feb 2, 2015
- What I Did On My Christmas Vacation.==Decking the Halls in Sapphire, NC==
For all our love of travel, Matt and I have NEVER gone away for Christmas. It’s just not what we do.
As a child, my family spent Christ Posted by vicki_h in . | Feb 2, 2015
- May/June 2011: Hiking & cycling in TajikistanTajikistan has just ca 8 million inhabitants (the capital Dushanbe 700 000), and although it is the smallest and poorest state in Central Asia, it is still huge compared to NL (but then, every country is huge compared to NL...). Posted by Marie-Jose in Marie-Jose going abroad | Feb 1, 2015
- March 2011: Skitouring Alpes MaritimesThe Alpes Maritimes are so incredible easily accessible, beautiful that it has been a surprise to me that I did not visited them beforehand: you fly to Nice, take a bus (for 1 euro!!) and it brings you straight to Posted by Marie-Jose in Marie-Jose going abroad | Feb 1, 2015
- Montenegro V - Car trouble and getting out!Getting out of Montenegro
After escaping the Prokletje Mountains unscathed, we decided to head back towards Kotor and Croatia. As much as we would have loved to continue hiking in these mysterious but beautiful mountains, one of the common probl Posted by danza in There and back again | Jan 27, 2015
- Monteverde - Costa Rica31st December
My trusted taxi driver Pedro picks me up at 8am to take me to Quito airport and I say good bye to him (no kiss this time lol) and to South America as I get on the plane. I Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Jan 6, 2015
- Bienvenida a la República DominicanaDay 1: Arrival in Jarabacoa.
I sit here in the newly initiated VAW apartment way to excited to sleep. LUC VAW is officially kicking off its first Medical Outreach Trip in the Dominican Republic. (see www.volunteersaroundtheworld.org) After a Posted by kbali in La República Dominicana | Dec 27, 2014
- Road Trip through Middle Earth==South Island==
===Day 1 - Kaikoura===
Kaikoura sunrise & wild dolphin swim
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/506924/10809012_1.._54524922_n.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/506 Posted by Cindy_bb in New Zealand | Jan 1, 2015
- TrekkingAs the days went on, it became obvious that we would not be able to proceed with our original trekking plans. Tashi had prepared a somewhat ambitious journey of 12 days in which we would first go to his Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 28, 2014
- A Trip Across Colombia In October 2014, I travelled with a friend by land across the western fringe of Colombia beginning in Cali in the southwestern corner of the country and ending up on the Caribbean coast in the historic city of [[http://www.cartagena-indias.com|Cartagena d Posted by Charles Lemos in Have iPad Will Travel | Dec 27, 2014
- PLAN Mt. Saint Helens
===Die genaue Tages-Route findet Ihr [[https://goo.gl/maps/hVURa|hier]].===
===Heute starten wir auch gegen 9 Uhr und fahren erst mal nach Randle ins [[http://www.tripadvisor.com/Rest Posted by deniseontour in Pacific Northwest & Hawaii | Dec 26, 2014
- Hot Springs Excursion with the BoysSeveral of the older boys asked me if I wanted to visit some hot springs, a couple of kilometers up the road in another small Hindu village, Atholi.
Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 25, 2014
- PLAN Über Olympia zum Mount Rainier
===Die genaue Tages-Route findet Ihr [[https://goo.gl/maps/qatYe|hier]].===
===Heute starten wir um 9 Uhr und gegen 10 Uhr können wir in [[http://www.tripadvisor.de/Restaurant_Review- Posted by deniseontour in Pacific Northwest & Hawaii | Dec 23, 2014
- Bye bye Peru, Hello EcuadorI have not updated the blog for a few days as I have basically been taking it easy in Mancora, a beach resort mainly known for its great waves for surfing.
Mancora - 11th to 16th December
After Machu Piccu and Lima Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Dec 19, 2014
- PLAN Von Seattle in den Olympic National Park
===Die genaue Tages-Route findet Ihr [[https://goo.gl/maps/598U3|hier]].===
===Heute wird ein langer Tag, also brechen wir bereits um 8.00 Uhr vom Hotel auf zu unserem Frühstück im [[ Posted by deniseontour in Pacific Northwest & Hawaii | Dec 19, 2014
(Look how Portland I am.)
Aside from large-framed glasses and apathetic attitudes, Portland has some really beautiful surrounding nature. I met up with my friend from college, Greg. Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Dec 16, 2014
- SantiagoI left a cold and gray but delightful Paris and headed for Santiago, Chile - another 12 hour overnight flight, this time on Air France. I guess it's no surprise that they win the prize for best food so, Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 15, 2014
- Finding my wayThe last couple of months have gone both fast and slow. I have officially hit the 6 month traveling mark, it’s Christmas and New Year season (and you can’t walk a metre without being reminded of this in Colombia!), Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Dec 13, 2014
- What happens in Key West stays in Key West. [center]
===First: Little Tidbits Of Travel===
Assorted airports and assorted quotes that sums up 6 flights. Yes, it took 6 different planes to get to and from Key West.
“Name one food you can’t put bacon on and it will taste b Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Dec 12, 2014
- Machu Piccu4th December
Just like the Salt Flats in Bolivia, Machu Pichu is the big attraction for Peru.
I'm booked on a 2 day tour staring with the Secret Valley and the town of Pisac with more Inca ruins and a mountain full Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Dec 8, 2014
- Cusco Cusco - the world's belly button according to the Incas
I love Cusco. The centre is a very pretty town with a lovely plaza and lots of really nice colonial architecture, churches and narrow cobbled streets. I'm staying at a great Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Dec 8, 2014