Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- The Blue Lagoon - Top10 Beach WorldwideI hit the jackpot! Didn't we all dream about relaxing on a white beach under palm trees once? I found one - and it is not too far away! In lists of the top ten beaches in the world, next Posted by BillyHoliday in Top10 Holidays | Jun 27, 2013
- A few days in Summit County, ColoradoFor the first few days of my stay in Colorado we travelled up to my cousin's mountain house at Keystone in Summit County high up in the Rockies. On the way up into the mountains we stopped to visit [i]Mother Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | May 12, 2013
- Lake Wanaka - Day 75After the glaciers yesterday we drove to a campsite on Lake Paringa, near Haast, so we could get a head start for today.
Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Apr 7, 2013
- West Rockies US 2013
Never thought that in this digital world I would be needing to carry more than 3kg of paper, maps, guides !
Thank you colleagues and friend for your contribution. :-)
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by Eddy VDR in West Rockies US 2013 (English) | Jun 22, 2013
- Mountain folkA day spent in the mountains with spectacular scenery along some very interesting roads. We drove to Lassithi Plateau a lush, fertile flat oasis at altitude right in the middle of and surrounded by some pretty impressive peaks. The temperature Posted by justchilling in Hola Cuba | Jun 19, 2013
- Got Water?: The ecofiltro* [b]I've been a social media regular as of late, and if anyone is interested, I'm [[http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jonathon-engels/24/a90/394|LinkedIn]], [[https://twitter.com/JonathonEngels|Tweeted]], [[http://www.facebook.com/jonathon.engels|Facebook Frie Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Jun 15, 2013
- Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers - Day 74Today we got to walk on a glacier! The day started with a beautiful view across the lake and a short drive to Franz Josef.
[img=h Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Apr 6, 2013
- Arthur's Pass to Franz Josef Glacier - Day 73Well, last night was freezing. Literally. The window screen on the van was frozen when we woke up and it was only 1 degrees, so it must have dropped below zero during the night. All night we kept waking up Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Apr 5, 2013
- Ice, Ice, BabyOur excursion today was literally and in every sense of the word, the "coolest" I have ever taken. After spending a few hours in the morning in Salzburg, we arranged for an excursion to the largest ice caves ("Eisriesenwelt") Posted by Forever Liesl in A Few of Our Favorite Things | Jun 7, 2013
- Blenheim to Kaikoura and Arthur's Pass - Day 72 We have a really tight schedule for the South Island in order to fit in everything we want to see so we hit the road early this morning to head to Kaikoura, as we've read there are sea lions and Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Apr 4, 2013
- Bolivia - Old Ladies in Top Hats and a Death RoadSan Pedro de Atacama turned out to be a pleasant surprise considering we originally had no intention of going there, we ended up grateful for the border debacle! Armed with new friends, we booked our Salar de Uyuni trip Posted by moseyingmizuiks in Morning Coffee | Jun 2, 2013
- Waking Up In SitkaI remember very clearly lying on a picnic table in Petersburg, Alaska. I said to my friend, “I wish we could do this all afternoon. We could get a bottle of wine, maybe do a crossword and fall asleep.” She Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | May 30, 2013
- Following the Incas
Who told them we were coming?
The infamous Incan ruins of Machu Picchu are by our guestimation – on the to Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | May 29, 2013
- Conquering Death Road
One thing we had been looking forward to since purchasing the GoPro video camera, was being able to attach it to one of our helmets and hoon down the world’s most dangerous road. We wer Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | May 20, 2013
- PokharaSo on the road to Pokhara we saw some mighty impressive scenery and lovely mountainsides and villages. We stopped to take some pictures and also stopped on the side of the road for some super noodles at a local's Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | May 14, 2013
- Consider AlaskaConsidering Alaska
Here are some things I’d like you to consider about Alaska.
This whale marks my first orca sighting of the season. This male carries a fin that Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | May 11, 2013
- Day Trip to the Blue MountainsThe one place outside the city that seems to be on everyone's bucket list when they visit Sydney is the stunning Three Sisters sandstone rock formation in the Blue Mountains about 40 miles (60 kilometres) inland at Katoomba on the Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Apr 19, 2013
- Onward from QueenstownQueenstown is proud of its "Global Adventure Capital" billing but I did manage to find a couple of less adrenaline fuelled things to do while I was there. For starters there is the 2,395 feet (730 metre) long and 1,590 Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Apr 12, 2013
- Milford SoundA must see for me was Milford Sound only 40 miles (64 kilometres) away as the crow flies although with mountains and lakes in the way the actual distance by road was 180 miles (290 kilometres) and took over 3 Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Apr 10, 2013
- Jetboating on the Dart RiverA lot of the wilder locations used for The Lord of the Rings were near Glenorchy on the north shore of Lake Wakatipu, about a 45 minute drive from Queenstown and the thought of combining a trip to see them Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Apr 12, 2013
- Mount Ruapehu to Arohena - Day 63This morning we drove up two mountain roads in the Tongariro National Park for some good views and to see Mount Ruapheu better. The first went straight up Mount Ruapehu to a closed ski resort, which looks really odd in Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 26, 2013
- Lake Taupo to Mount Ruapehu - Day 62After 9 weeks away we needed a hair cut so we went to a little place in Lake Taupo and my hairdresser was from near Leeds! She had quite a strong accent and said the people there didn't understand Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 25, 2013
- South Africa – 4 friends, a Mercedes, sharks and a 211m jumpWe made it to our hostel in Johannesburg a little disappointed – miles out of the way therefore a fortune in a taxi and no mod cons or wifi as we were expecting – nevertheless, it suited our biggest requirements Posted by moseyingmizuiks in Morning Coffee | May 1, 2013
- A journey to the top of nowhereThe wind is blowing at a thousand knots; if I let go of the rocks I’m afraid I’ll be whisked away across the vast blue sea. The sun is shining, yet its warmth is lost by the wind. I am Posted by piratejax in Latino Li(o)ving | Apr 29, 2013
- Inca Trail | Day 2 | “The Challenge”Maximum Altitude: 4,200 m/13,776 ft
Minimum Altitude: 3,000 m/9,840 ft
Distance Travelled: Approx. 16 km
Approximate Walking Time: 7-8 hours / Ascent up: 900 m
[b][[http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/annatruong1/slideshow/Facebook/Inca%20Trai Posted by alwaysexploring in Never lost, always exploring | Nov 21, 2012