Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- Montenegro IVDan and I woke up early the next day in Plav, anxious to get a little more info and then get out on a mountain. The map we had picked up the day before outlined a good number of ambitious, Posted by danza in There and back again | Nov 24, 2014
- Und sie kanns immernoch!Hallo meine Liebsten,
VIELEN VIELEN DANK fuer all die lieben Geburtstagsgruesse :) Mit euren lieben Worten und Bildern und den tollen Menschen hier hatte ich einen unvergesslichen Tag! DANKE! Aber dazu mehr spaeter...
Heute sitze ich im Buero uns ha Posted by Jennyswaves in followthesun | Nov 21, 2014
- ETHIOPIA BLOG 5/5 (FINALE)
At the end of our Simiens Mountains trek on Day 4, we were picked up from Chenek camp by a van which was to take us off the mountain and back to civilization. As the dusty streets of Deb Posted by genowers in Genowers Are Off Again | Nov 16, 2014
- Second crossing of the Andes from Salta to San Pedro 15th November
I thought my first crossing of the Andes was incredible but this second crossing from Salta in Argentina to San Pedro de Acatama in Chile topped it by far. A mixture of multi coloured mountains climbing up followed Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 16, 2014
- Starring in the ShiningDriving in the mountains of Colorado was kind of like an amusement park ride. When I started out of Denver, it was really cool looking at the eye-level clouds I was about to drive into. Until the pretty mountains shrouded Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Nov 16, 2014
- Salta and the mummies of sacrified Inca childrenI travelled on a overnight bus and under thunder and lightning which was quite impressive over the Andes. In the bus I meet 2 young Canadian girls who are staying in the same hostel as me.
As it is still Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 16, 2014
- The Moon Valley/ La Vallée de la Lune - 11 November
Another early start for a tour to the Moon Valley with 2 Argentinian girls and our guide Flávio. First stop a place of worship called "La Diffunta". A young woman died of thirst whilst trying to cross the Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 16, 2014
- MendozaMendoza is the capital city of Mendoza Province, in Argentina. It is located in the northern-central part of the province, in a region of foothills and high plains, on the eastern side of the Andes. Known mainly for its wine, Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 10, 2014
- Crossing the AndesChile side - 30 hairpin bends
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/680766/AD1 Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 8, 2014
- Intrepid Tour 3 - Bulgaria...The End is Near
We crossed the Friendship Bridge and arrived in Bulgaria. Sadly this also meant we were on the last half of our Intrepid.
[img=h Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 5, 2014
- El Chalten - Fitz Roy mountain31 October
The next day, I take the bus to El Chalten, 220kms North, to see mount Fitz Roy. I have a rest day as I am pretty tired after yesterday's trek and my foot is hurting a little. Unfortunately the Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 3, 2014
- Ice trekking on the Perito Morino glacierIt is snowing! Unusual for this of the year I am told.
First a few facts:
The Perito Moreno Glacier is a glacier located in the Los Glaciares National Park in southwest Santa Cruz province, Argentina. It is one of the most Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 3, 2014
- Settling In
The process of getting your Pensionado Visa is only the beginning of all the necessary paperwork to be completed to live in Panama. Our passports were returned to us on Friday Posted by rhislop in Panama Possibilities | Nov 2, 2014
- Cape Town Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Oct 29, 2014
- Montenegro III - Kotor and the Plav[i]I do apologize to anyone out there who was disappointed when these posts abruptly stopped. That had never been my intention, but while traveling I slowly fell further and further behind. This seems to happen very easily when the adventures Posted by danza in There and back again | Oct 20, 2014
- From Granada to CasabermejaThis part of my journey was all about visiting my cousin Helen, and her family, who are living the dream, in a restored farmhouse some 20km from Malaga. The restoration is an ongoing project, but the difference in what the Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Oct 4, 2014
- Trip to Philippines 2014 Part 2Day 13.
Checking out of [[http://hotelreview.travellerspoint.com/14/|Prince Plaza ll]] in Makati today and take a taxi to Manila Airport terminal 4. We have a flight 11:00 from Manila to Kalibo whit AirAsia. The flight was li Posted by Odd-Arne in My travels around the world | Oct 1, 2014
- Up in the Air=="If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.".==
In the beginning...
Cape Schanck, Victoria, Australia.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by camenbrothers in Up in the Air | Sep 29, 2014
- CountdownIt's only a few days now until we trek up Kilimanjaro for Footsteps International to help street kids in Kenya. All travel, accommodation and associated costs are being paid by us so all money raised goes direct to Footsteps. I’ve Posted by DJBen in Footsteps up Kilimanjaro | Sep 26, 2014
- A Misty MorningAn early start, as the ferry secured to the port at Bilbao. Up & showered at 4.45; Full English in the ships restaurant at 5.30am, then down to the lower deck to retrieve the bike in time for disembarking Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Sep 23, 2014
- Things I Want to Remember: Açores Islands, Portugal ===Pico===
- the sound of the waves, a stray cat, and me sitting on the wall, eating a fancy dinner with a borrowed fork and a borrowed knife as it grew darker following the sunset, overlooking Faial from Pico's coast
- calling Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 19, 2014
- Açores Islands: Pico, Faial, and Terceira
9/12/14 at 1532 (London time)
My time in the Açores is complete and I'm now on my way to Istanbul, Turkey Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 15, 2014
- Brisk day at Lake LouiseHello all
Well this morning started off at a Balmy 1c but it did end at about 10c by the end of the day once we got into Lake Jasper.
We started off on the trek to Jasper and stopped off to Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 12, 2014
- Ama la vidaAma la vida - Liebe das Leben! Und genau das mache ich hier...und ich bin gut darin :) Seit 4 Tagen wohne ich jetzt in einem kleinen gemütlichen Hostel in Monañita. Es heißt das Chillhouse und wird von zwei super Posted by Jennyswaves in followthesun | Sep 6, 2014
- Montenegro (Part I)[i]Apologies to those following this blog closely and may be upset by a chronological jump in the timeline. I’ve been behind my current adventures by about a month for a while and it is difficult to catch up while you’re Posted by danza in There and back again | Aug 31, 2014