Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- PLAN Über Olympia zum Mount Rainier
===Die genaue Tages-Route findet Ihr [[https://goo.gl/maps/qatYe|hier]].===
===Heute starten wir um 9 Uhr und gegen 10 Uhr können wir in [[http://www.tripadvisor.de/Restaurant_Review- Posted by deniseontour in Pacific Northwest & Hawaii | Dec 23, 2014
- Bye bye Peru, Hello EcuadorI have not updated the blog for a few days as I have basically been taking it easy in Mancora, a beach resort mainly known for its great waves for surfing.
Mancora - 11th to 16th December
After Machu Piccu and Lima Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Dec 19, 2014
- PLAN Von Seattle in den Olympic National Park
===Die genaue Tages-Route findet Ihr [[https://goo.gl/maps/598U3|hier]].===
===Heute wird ein langer Tag, also brechen wir bereits um 8.00 Uhr vom Hotel auf zu unserem Frühstück im [[ Posted by deniseontour in Pacific Northwest & Hawaii | Dec 19, 2014
(Look how Portland I am.)
Aside from large-framed glasses and apathetic attitudes, Portland has some really beautiful surrounding nature. I met up with my friend from college, Greg. Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Dec 16, 2014
- SantiagoI left a cold and gray but delightful Paris and headed for Santiago, Chile - another 12 hour overnight flight, this time on Air France. I guess it's no surprise that they win the prize for best food so, Posted by tdeits in Tom's Travels | Dec 15, 2014
- Finding my wayThe last couple of months have gone both fast and slow. I have officially hit the 6 month traveling mark, it’s Christmas and New Year season (and you can’t walk a metre without being reminded of this in Colombia!), Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Dec 13, 2014
- What happens in Key West stays in Key West. [center]
===First: Little Tidbits Of Travel===
Assorted airports and assorted quotes that sums up 6 flights. Yes, it took 6 different planes to get to and from Key West.
“Name one food you can’t put bacon on and it will taste b Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Dec 12, 2014
- Machu Piccu4th December
Just like the Salt Flats in Bolivia, Machu Pichu is the big attraction for Peru.
I'm booked on a 2 day tour staring with the Secret Valley and the town of Pisac with more Inca ruins and a mountain full Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Dec 8, 2014
- Cusco Cusco - the world's belly button according to the Incas
I love Cusco. The centre is a very pretty town with a lovely plaza and lots of really nice colonial architecture, churches and narrow cobbled streets. I'm staying at a great Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Dec 8, 2014
- Lake Titicaca and Copacabana26th November
Early start to take the bus to Copacabana, a little village on the edge of LakeTititcaca. I am so pleased to get out of La Paz and be in the country again. To get there we have to Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Dec 7, 2014
- Description of Town and Life in GulabgarhThe town is surrounded by towering snow covered mountains, pine forests, steep rock walls, etc.
View of bridge leading to Gulabgarh
Unfortunately, like so many Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 3, 2014
- Creogh Patrick ClimbJULY 2011
I had seen this mountain from the bus on a previous trip and me being me and probably someone saying I couldn't do it, but this early morning saw me standing looking at Creogh Patrick as it loomed above Posted by Rianda in Traveller Down Under | Nov 25, 2014
- Up in the Air=="If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.".==
In the beginning...
Cape Schanck, Victoria, Australia.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by camenbrothers in Up in the Air | Sep 29, 2014
- Montenegro IVDan and I woke up early the next day in Plav, anxious to get a little more info and then get out on a mountain. The map we had picked up the day before outlined a good number of ambitious, Posted by danza in There and back again | Nov 24, 2014
- Und sie kanns immernoch!Hallo meine Liebsten,
VIELEN VIELEN DANK fuer all die lieben Geburtstagsgruesse :) Mit euren lieben Worten und Bildern und den tollen Menschen hier hatte ich einen unvergesslichen Tag! DANKE! Aber dazu mehr spaeter...
Heute sitze ich im Buero uns ha Posted by Jennyswaves in followthesun | Nov 21, 2014
- ETHIOPIA BLOG 5/5 (FINALE)
At the end of our Simiens Mountains trek on Day 4, we were picked up from Chenek camp by a van which was to take us off the mountain and back to civilization. As the dusty streets of Deb Posted by genowers in Genowers Are Off Again | Nov 16, 2014
- Second crossing of the Andes from Salta to San Pedro 15th November
I thought my first crossing of the Andes was incredible but this second crossing from Salta in Argentina to San Pedro de Acatama in Chile topped it by far. A mixture of multi coloured mountains climbing up followed Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 16, 2014
- Starring in the ShiningDriving in the mountains of Colorado was kind of like an amusement park ride. When I started out of Denver, it was really cool looking at the eye-level clouds I was about to drive into. Until the pretty mountains shrouded Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Nov 16, 2014
- Salta and the mummies of sacrified Inca childrenI travelled on a overnight bus and under thunder and lightning which was quite impressive over the Andes. In the bus I meet 2 young Canadian girls who are staying in the same hostel as me.
As it is still Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 16, 2014
- The Moon Valley/ La Vallée de la Lune - 11 November
Another early start for a tour to the Moon Valley with 2 Argentinian girls and our guide Flávio. First stop a place of worship called "La Diffunta". A young woman died of thirst whilst trying to cross the Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 16, 2014
- MendozaMendoza is the capital city of Mendoza Province, in Argentina. It is located in the northern-central part of the province, in a region of foothills and high plains, on the eastern side of the Andes. Known mainly for its wine, Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 10, 2014
- Crossing the AndesChile side - 30 hairpin bends
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/680766/AD1 Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 8, 2014
- Intrepid Tour 3 - Bulgaria...The End is Near
We crossed the Friendship Bridge and arrived in Bulgaria. Sadly this also meant we were on the last half of our Intrepid.
[img=h Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 5, 2014
- El Chalten - Fitz Roy mountain31 October
The next day, I take the bus to El Chalten, 220kms North, to see mount Fitz Roy. I have a rest day as I am pretty tired after yesterday's trek and my foot is hurting a little. Unfortunately the Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 3, 2014
- Ice trekking on the Perito Morino glacierIt is snowing! Unusual for this of the year I am told.
First a few facts:
The Perito Moreno Glacier is a glacier located in the Los Glaciares National Park in southwest Santa Cruz province, Argentina. It is one of the most Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 3, 2014