Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- “Fire in the Mountains”===For a long time I had heard of the “Fire in the Mountains” near Antalya and had wanted to see this phenomenon with my own eyes.
Known by the local inhabitants as the Yanartaş (burning stone), it is caused by natural Posted by TravelnTurkey in Travel In Turkey | Sep 15, 2012
- Land of the head hunters...Borneo!Kuching, Borneo - First stop on our whirlwind tour of South East Asia.
The reason Kuching was on our itinerary was because Ken gave me a list of a few of the things he wanted to see and do during Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Sep 9, 2012
- Auli - Badrinath - Mana Gaon tripAgain a trip made in haste, miles squeezed in hours , some skill full hand behind the wheel and a wandering eye behind the lens. All ingredients to a great journey, this time to touch the last village on Indo-China Posted by wander-in in Wander-In | Sep 7, 2012
- Lago Di Garda and MantovaWe had been warned by our resident Bolognese experts that the town is pretty quiet until locals return in early September from their summer vacanza, so having dumped our stuff at our new apartment (home for the next 3+ months), Posted by happellfamily12 in La vita in quattro valigie | Sep 6, 2012
- Scotland - west coastOur holiday started in Glasgow. So far so good. As we were waiting to collect our luggage Chas actually said to me that this is his most anxious time when traveling. And guess Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Sep 6, 2012
- The Witch of KampotAs a teaching volunteer in Cambodia, long public holidays enabled me to venture further afield. On this occasion my teaching colleagues and I headed south, to the old French colonial outpost of Kampot.
It was our last Posted by Jamie V in The Voyages Of Venning | Aug 27, 2012
- Barcelona, SpainDestination: Barcelona, Spain
Date of Travel: February 2012
Travel By: Flight from London to Barcelona, public transportation via metro around the city
Length of Trip: 6 Days total, 4 full days of sightseeing
[b]Travellers[ Posted by ThisMomTravels in Travels, With Kids | Feb 20, 2012
- Sunday in Semmering [im Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Aug 19, 2012
- The Beach and the MountainsWe took off last weekend for a trip to Punta Chame and ended up in Coronado. The short version of the story was the cleaning service didn't clean the condo in Punta Chame from the previous guests and we moved Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Aug 9, 2012
- travel friend I'm ganim and I'm a single who loves travel, nature, beach, makeup, art and music. Well, there's so much to tell about myself. But words are jumbling inside my head where to start and what to tell you girls Posted by gnim in companin for travel | Aug 7, 2012
- Poland - and there's moreReligion (Catholicism in particular) plays an important role in the lives of many Poles. There are at least 11 churches just in the Old Town. It is not uncommon to find lovely grottos as you Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Aug 7, 2012
- Day 12 - Juizhaigou ( hiking )Monday, August 6
We got a late start on Monday and our first stop was the Baihe Golden Monkey Natural Reserve. This is a hiking path into the mountains along the fast-flowing White River, which aptly gets its name from Posted by hammr in China 2012 | Aug 6, 2012
- Traditional trip to the North - Wales and ScotlandIt has become a tradition to spend two weeks - first in Wales and then in Scotland in Summer. This time we chose West Wales. Plas Talgarth one of the Macdonald Hotels and Resorts is situated in Pennal on the Posted by celticl2 in Travels around Great Britain | Aug 1, 2012
- Iceland Days 4 - 6Day 4:
First on the list of today’s itinerary was an old farm with a turf roofed chapel. Turf was Iceland’s answer to thatching, keeping the water out, and providing insulation. If the grass grew to long you simply popped a Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Jul 29, 2012
- Obertraun OBERTRAUN
Obertraun is a village in the Salzkammergut. It's nothing special about the village itself: very beautiful, pastoral and cleanly - as elsewhere in Austria. In short, nothing extraordinary, yet delightful.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Jul 25, 2012
- Formula One in a Toyota (part two)Rwanda’s poetical name, “The Land of a Thousand Hills”, is deserved and understated. The country consists of hills and nothing but hills. This is a very fertile region of Africa, and each hill displays its own evocative medley Posted by mjsimek in Les Deux Congos | Jul 26, 2012
- Tatry, Swinica (Poland)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/456644/la Posted by nikaa8987 in :) | Jul 21, 2012
- Into the Mountains
Every adventure starts with a different adventure. The next location we were off to was Mestia, in the Caucus mountains. This was the part of the tr Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Jul 21, 2012
- Trip to Philippines 2012 Part 2Day 13
It was really hot to day and still no rain it's dark clouds in the sky but no rain so far. We have been walking around a little today to see what's around here.
Sitting and looking at different Posted by Odd-Arne in My travels around the world | Jul 20, 2012
- Western Kenya & Nandi CountyOn Thursday Jared & I rented a car to drive 2 hours out to Kenya’s 4th largest town Kisumu. Just to clarify Jared drives while I sit there using my imaginary brake like I do when driving with my Posted by bjmccrudden in Off To Kenya | Jul 19, 2012
- The Sangre De Cristo Mountains and NebraskaTo North Crestone Lake
I had been following North Crestone Creek since I left my campsite at seven in the morning. It was now nearing ten o’clock, and I had hiked four miles while rising Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jul 14, 2012
- Trip to Philippines 2012 Part 1===Before the trip:===
To day 30.06.2012 Is it just a week left to my trip to Philippines and I beginning to pack a little and see what I am going to take whit me on the trip. Since the suitcase can't Posted by Odd-Arne in My travels around the world | Jul 9, 2012
- sunrise away from the crowdSince travelling is in my blood stream, i decided to join our local backpackers in Surabaya, Indonesia called Backpackers Surabaya Community. It was spearheaded by a good friend, James Winner, rek soroboyo (Surabaya local).
[center][img=http://photos.t Posted by cyrus43 in on foot, on planes, on buses or trains | Jul 9, 2012
- First Stop: London
London is where I spent my teenage years. So, it's home.
Before I head off for all the fun and food of the US of A, I'm going to pay my parents a very, ver Posted by moshimoshineko in ENTROPY | Jun 26, 2012
- Haines, Alaska
Have you ever been to Haines, Alaska? Haines was never on my Alaskan places to see list. I had seen it on a map, but breezed over Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jun 24, 2012