Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- We finally have something to blog aboutSo after what has worked itself out to be an incredibly amazing, tiring and memorable first week of travel, we are holed up in a hostel in Kota kinabalu, resting tired muscles and getting ready for the next leg and Posted by In Cahoots in A Twain's Lark | Apr 15, 2012
- BanskoAfter a whirlwind farewell to London, trying to pack as many good times as we could all weather gear into our back packs, we were headed for Bulgaria to unwind with a week on the slopes. We had a bit Posted by two_pukeko in Two Pukeko in a Ponga Tree | Apr 14, 2012
- TagaytayTagaytay City is around 56kms south of the Manila airport and is about 1 to 1.5hrs by car. It is a city of scenic contrasts and has the best panoramic views of the Taal Volcano nestled in Taal Lake framed Posted by TouristDriver in Some valuable tourist information | Apr 13, 2012
- DEAD IF YOU’RE SCAREDOn that full moon night, when I was in Sandakphu, things were not the way usually it is.
We had a whole log hut to ourselves. Well almost, if the two men from Veitnam had not occupied the fourth Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Apr 9, 2012
- Sagada, Mountain Province, Philippines
Kanip-aw Limestone Formations
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/145076/large_DSC_2885. Posted by belle7063 in belle's views | Apr 7, 2012
- YangshuoYangshuo was everything I anticipated and more!! We were up and at it on our first full day. Primed with a full breakfast, we set off to go rafting. Rafting sounds far more adventurous than our trip was, but it Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Apr 6, 2012
- Flying over the AndesA priviledged view 10,000 feet above the backbone of America but it´s still impossible to take in the enormity of the world´s longest mountain range stretched out beneath me. Peaks roll into one another for miles, valleys run around each Posted by namirem in The finer things in life | Apr 4, 2012
- Panda-monium! Hey chums!
Last time, you left us as we arrived at Beijing. If you wondered what occurred in this spectacular city, then the wait is over! Hold on to your seat, this blog’s a gem :)
After we arrived, we immediately went Posted by ef2000luca in Alice, Louise, Lucy & Luca Travel | Apr 1, 2012
- Blige, what a great gert ger!Welcome back!
Key item for discussion - our ger! Cracking!
Picking up from where we last left off, we were on the train from Irkutsk to Mongolia. This train was a whole lot more touristy and we actually heard some English for Posted by ef2000luca in Alice, Louise, Lucy & Luca Travel | Mar 30, 2012
- Hiking up to see the Monarch butterflies
A couple of weeks ago, a group of us went to see the amazing sight of millions of Monarch butterflies wintering in the high-altitude forests near Valle de Posted by margaretm in Wherever life takes us | Mar 24, 2012
- Goodbye FranceThanks to the rain both of us are sick:( Headache, sneezing, runny nose :( of course I didn't plan for this! I never get sick alhamdulillah so who would have thought that I'd get sick on vacation? But nothing is Posted by maddorani in Europe 2012 | Mar 21, 2012
- Mount Famy (Romelo) Climb"Mount Famy" as most mountaineers call it.. But it is "Mount Romelo" located in Siniloan, Laguna. It was holy week and we’ve decided to go on a hike.. . Weather was good… we were excited… specially me coz it Posted by arkibabes in arkibabes on foot!!! | Mar 23, 2012
- Four Days with Easy Riders
Vietnam was quite an experience. As Sam mentioned before, we had been warned that it wouldn't be as friendly or easy as Thailand or Cambodia and those warnings were well founded. The cul Posted by Sam.and.Avery in Float On | Mar 23, 2012
- The Mountain TrailsMy limbs could take it no more. Because I could not stay out in some God forsaken road the whole night without food, I knew I had to walk to the lodge come what may! I asked both Dipanjali & Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Mar 18, 2012
- The Mountain TrailsWe woke up much before sunrise. Walking this far and not getting to see the sunrise would be such a waste and a foolish thing to do. The temperature in the altimeter showed – 5.7 deg celcius! Holy Cow!
As Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Mar 18, 2012
- The Mountain TrailsKaalpokhri is more like a transit camp. With limited facilities. Trekkers usually stop by this place for their food. The rooms and the bathrooms were basic. Nothing much to say and it was expected.
Dipanjali was the first one to Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Mar 17, 2012
- The Mountain TrailsSo right after a heavy breakfast consisting of Tibetan breads and mashed potatoes with eggs, well I hated to fill up myself so early in the morning but didn’t have much of a choice; we would finally walk Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Mar 17, 2012
- The Mountain TrailsNirav (the guy I’ve been married to for a decade now) is a gadget geek. Name a gadget and he has it. Two months ago the boys had trekked this place with Amar and the same Sherpa. Nirav had carried Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Mar 17, 2012
- The Mountain TrailsI was too occupied watching my steps and not fancying being pushed around. NJP is a busy junction. My concentration was however broken when I heard Amar introducing me as “Ma’am” to someone. As I looked up I saw Tshering, Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Mar 16, 2012
- The Mountain TrailsAdventure really did not begin at the crack of dawn. I was unsure. This would be the first time in four years I’d be on my own, taking days off; leaving my daughter home, off course under the responsible Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Mar 16, 2012
- Luang PrabangThere will be a post coming soon about our time in Chiang Rai, Houay Xai and our two days on the slow boat to Luang Prabang, but Stephen has said he'll write that one so it may well be a Posted by charlotter45 in Charlotte and Stephen's Adventure! | Mar 14, 2012
- Dalat and the Central HighlandsAfter my 50th Birthday celebrations,it was time to leave our Russian resort,Mui Ne,on the eastern coast of Vietnam and head into the Central Highlands.We weren't sorry to leave....Mui Ne is the 'Fish Sauce' capital of the world!
guess the Posted by Jules et Allan in Round the World,2011 | Mar 13, 2012
- Welcome To The Jungle!
Our adventure to Laos begins at the border in the small river town of Chang Kong, Thailand. Our evening was supposed to be slow and uneventful, we had survived a long bus ride from Chia Posted by mands186 in Mind The Gap | Mar 9, 2012
- Ski Bumming 2012: Magnificent Mountain LandscapesThere are days when the mountain blooms into a magnificent masterpiece of winter landscape. After a week straight of strong winds and heavy cloud cover (which produced gorgeous blankets of light powder), I woke up to a beautiful bluebird day. Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Mar 3, 2012
- Ski Bumming 2012: Powder and LongboardsIf I never ski again, I will still die a happy man. I have had an amazing week, and I can sum it up in three words: powder and longboarding. Powder is every skiers preferred snow to ski on, we Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Feb 26, 2012