Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- Day 2: Boise to Sun ValleyToday my mom and I drove the 3-hour drive from Boise, Idaho's largest city, to the small mountain town of Sun Valley famous for its winter skiing. After a buffet breakfast at the Hampton Inn & Suites, we were on Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 28, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part X....Summers....
[img=http://phot Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 28, 2015
- Day 1: Idaho!And it's back to day 1 on a new trip, after returning from my last trip only 4 days ago! This time, my family is off to Sun Valley, Idaho for a 3-week-long vacation while my mom and dad play Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 27, 2015
- Day 7: From Ziplining to Stargazing--
This is the report about my seventh day on my recent trip to Costa Rica, which was Monday, July 20. I will post about days 8-10 tomorrow (July 26). Then, on Monday, July 27 I will leave for my annual Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 25, 2015
- Today is Wednesday. We walked 6 miles over to Spiss,Today a 6 mile walk over very easy switchbacks, always water at intervals coming out of faucets - into big troughs mainly for the cows but also for the hikers and farmers. Switz and Austria are the few countries where Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 22, 2015
- Bool Sheet!I forgot to mention that when in Scuol, our hotel owner, a Romansch speaking man, told us about a famous artist living in Scuol. He said the artist makes "What you call them? Bool Sheet? " "Cow pies?" Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 21, 2015
- Cinque Terre
We left Florence at 8am heading for the Italian Riviera. Some of Italy’s most dramatic coastline. The 18km stretch is named after its five tiny villages – Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso. Don’t quote me but Cinque Terre means Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 20, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part IX....Khardung La "Pass"==Khardung La== Khardung Pass, la means pass in Tibetan is a high mountain pass located in the Ladakh region of the India. The elevation of Khardung La is 5,359 m (17,582 ft) and it is the world's highest motorable Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 20, 2015
- Liechtenstein thru the Fuela Pass (again) to ScuolScuol, pronounced school, is the mountain heart of the Romansch language, a Latin based 4th official language of Switzerland. The owner of our hotel, Hotel Traub, said about 50,000 people speak the language in this area even tho Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 19, 2015
- authentic morocco tours and packageshrill of morocco tours is agency specialized in organisation of trips and excursions in Morocco. Willing to provide the highest quality of travel by Morocco, available anywhere! We offer authentic trips to see and discover the true Morocco outside the Posted by thrillof in MOROCCO TRAVEL TOURS | Jul 17, 2015
- Farley Lake Attempt "It's not a backcountry adventure if everything goes right!"
The weekend began much like any other weekend trip to the mountains- with last minute planning. I only decided during the week to head out backpacking so this trip was rather last Posted by LucasDunbar in Wandering Thoughts | Jul 13, 2015
- For the First Time in Forever...Now, if you have an eight year old daughter, like we do, you would know that the title of this blog post comes from the Disney movie, Frozen.
So for the first time in forever, we are the furthest Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2015
- Natural Beauty and Catholic/Monastic HistoryI think it is impossible to have a bad day in Ireland. There is just so much to do and so little time to do it in. Today was a full plate of highlights from dawn until evening. I do Posted by Bad Kitty in Bad Kitty Great Adventure | Jul 9, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part VIII..Confluence of Indus & ZanskarThe confluence of the Zanskar River and the Indus is 3 km southeast of Nimmu village in Ladakh.This place is the meeting point of two rivers Indus & Zanskar. This place is famous for water activities....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747402/la Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 8, 2015
- Allstones Adventures"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." - John Muir
Cadon, Rory, Spencer, Colin and I began our adventure Saturday morning at 6:30am on Posted by LucasDunbar in Wandering Thoughts | Jun 29, 2015
A big day travelling from Las Vegas to Lone Pine. A relatively stress free drive out of the city, the highways are in excellent condition and well signed. We headed to Death Valley and witnessed the most spectacular Posted by Pearcey in TJ's and Boys Abroad | Jun 27, 2015
- SalzburgSo we did the archery in Grünau, had Gerhard’s world famous lasagne for lunch and then we headed for Salzburg. Luck for us it is only 2 hours down the road.
Salzburg is the fourth-largest city in Austria. Salzburg's "Old Town" Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 20, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part VII..Pangong Tso Lake....Pangong Tso , Tibetan for "long, narrow, enchanted lake", also referred to as Pangong Lake, is a lake in the Himalayas situated at a height of about 4,350 m (14,270 ft). It is 134 km (83 mi) long and extends Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 18, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh...Part - VI...On way to Pangong Tso lakeThe Chang La (el. 5,360 m or 17,590 ft) is a high mountain pass in Ladakh, India. It is the second highest motorable road in the world. Chang La is approached from Leh via kharu and sekti village by a Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 17, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part - V...winters with fresh snowfall!Leh has a cold desert climate with long, harsh winters from October to early March, with minimum temperatures well below freezing for most of the winter. The city gets occasional snowfall during winter. The weather in the remaining months is Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 16, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh....Part - III....Likir MonasteryThe Likir Monastery or gompa is one of the oldest and well maintained monasteries in Ladakh district in Jammu and Kashmir. The monastery is located in Likir village is believed to have been in existence since 11th century.
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 15, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh....Part - II...Alchi and around...
Alchi is a village and monastery in the Leh district of Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir, situated on the bank of Indus River 70 km downstream from the capital in Leh. Unlike the other gompas in Ladakh, Alchi is Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 14, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh...PART-I.....Spituk Gompa and area around.
Spituk Monastery, also better as Spituk Gompa or Pethup Gompa, is a Buddhist monastery i Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 12, 2015
- The Hell Cave[center] Don’t take it literally - I don’t really mean Hell where everything is burning but the [[http://findvietnam.com/things-to-do/locations/quang-nam-province/danang-city/marble-mountains/must-knows-marble-mountains-caves-vietnam/|Marble Mountains] Posted by tiffanymorris in The Hell Cave | Jun 10, 2015
- Sukhna Lake....Sukhna Lake is a beautiful lake that lies in the foothills of Shivalik range. The unique thing about Sukhna is that it is a manmade lake. It is a 3 km long lake that was created in the year 1958.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747402/large_IMG_ Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 5, 2015