Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- Trip to Philippines 2014 Part 2Day 13.
Checking out of [[http://hotelreview.travellerspoint.com/14/|Prince Plaza ll]] in Makati today and take a taxi to Manila Airport terminal 4. We have a flight 11:00 from Manila to Kalibo whit AirAsia. The flight was li Posted by Odd-Arne in My travels around the world | Oct 1, 2014
- Up in the Air=="If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.".==
In the beginning...
Cape Schanck, Victoria, Australia.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by camenbrothers in Up in the Air | Sep 29, 2014
- CountdownIt's only a few days now until we trek up Kilimanjaro for Footsteps International to help street kids in Kenya. All travel, accommodation and associated costs are being paid by us so all money raised goes direct to Footsteps. I’ve Posted by DJBen in Footsteps up Kilimanjaro | Sep 26, 2014
- A Misty MorningAn early start, as the ferry secured to the port at Bilbao. Up & showered at 4.45; Full English in the ships restaurant at 5.30am, then down to the lower deck to retrieve the bike in time for disembarking Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Sep 23, 2014
- Things I Want to Remember: Açores Islands, Portugal ===Pico===
- the sound of the waves, a stray cat, and me sitting on the wall, eating a fancy dinner with a borrowed fork and a borrowed knife as it grew darker following the sunset, overlooking Faial from Pico's coast
- calling Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 19, 2014
- Açores Islands: Pico, Faial, and Terceira
9/12/14 at 1532 (London time)
My time in the Açores is complete and I'm now on my way to Istanbul, Turkey Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 15, 2014
- Brisk day at Lake LouiseHello all
Well this morning started off at a Balmy 1c but it did end at about 10c by the end of the day once we got into Lake Jasper.
We started off on the trek to Jasper and stopped off to Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 12, 2014
- Ama la vidaAma la vida - Liebe das Leben! Und genau das mache ich hier...und ich bin gut darin :) Seit 4 Tagen wohne ich jetzt in einem kleinen gemütlichen Hostel in Monañita. Es heißt das Chillhouse und wird von zwei super Posted by Jennyswaves in followthesun | Sep 6, 2014
- Montenegro (Part I)[i]Apologies to those following this blog closely and may be upset by a chronological jump in the timeline. I’ve been behind my current adventures by about a month for a while and it is difficult to catch up while you’re Posted by danza in There and back again | Aug 31, 2014
- PeruLess than 48 hours after exams ended, two friends and I boarded a plane from Milan to Cusco, Peru. After a long journey of 37 hours (including a 7 hour layover in Miami Airport) we finally arrived in the old Posted by tvons in Third Culture Kid | Aug 23, 2014
- MunnarWe are in another isolated place high in the Western Ghats, much greener, cooler, and more rugged than Wayanad. It is surrounded by tea plantations, cardamom fields and rocky peaks.
Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Aug 22, 2014
- Le Crock Monsieur: trekking round Mont Blanc on one legMy recent trip to the Alps is best summed up by a quote from Woody Allen: "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans."
It began with what should have been a quick, painless trip to Chamonix, the Posted by Chris Parsons in Parsons on Tour | Aug 17, 2014
- Valdez to Maclaren River LodgeWe left Valdez early to travel to Maclaren River Lodge, this is basically the middle of nowhere. The lodge we stayed at was the only building for miles. It also had a restaurant, and for them to collect supplies they Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 9, 2014
- Iceland: Reykjavik and the Golden Circle in One DaySo we have started our second Around the World Trip and are super excited to share our photos and experiences with you all! So here we go . . . .
Iceland wasn’t even a blip on our must-see Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Jul 31, 2014
- Mont Saint MichelWe left Bordeaux, not too early, but with a decent drive ahead of us, and a pin dropped on the GPS to take us to Mont Saint Michel. Our GPS has taken us on some magical mystery tours every now Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Aug 2, 2014
- Last day in Anchorage
Today I was not left with a lot to do. Most of the attractions here are related to the native cultures, the 1964 earthquake, and the wildlife. With the things I had already done I had pretty much covered it, Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Jul 31, 2014
- Downtown Anchorage The last couple of days I have ventured further than my hotel to see some of the sights of Anchorage. Most of the tourist activities are located only a 15 minute walk from my hotel.
Tuesday morning I started with Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Jul 30, 2014
- To the Fatherland
Switzerland (or at least Interlaken) was a great place to visit, especially after the excessive heat and crowds of Italy. The first things one notices while on the train are the huge mountains and the intensely blue lake. Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Jul 28, 2014
- Big Sur and the PCHThe Pacific Coast Highway is the ultimate American Road Trip; hugging the winding coastline all the way through California it takes you through cool surfer towns, decadent wine regions, even crazy LA LA land, with stunning vistas of waves crashing Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Jul 27, 2014
- Peru- Lima, Cusco and the Inca TrailHola from Peru! Tim and I have been gone for only a little over a week, but already we feel like we've experienced and seen a lot.
On January 23 Tim's parents, Barb and Steve, drove us from Madison to Posted by sarahpuckett in International Exploration | Feb 7, 2014
- Kalpetta, IndiaWe are now in the hill town of Kalpetta, near Wayanad National Park. Hitesh and Ruchi, who we also met in Ladakh and last saw in Delhi six years ago, met us here. When they arrived, it felt as though Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jul 22, 2014
- A Camping Trip I Will Never Forget
If you think camping in America is fun, then you are definitely right. Camping in the Philippines is a whole different story. First of all, it is already hot and humid all yea Posted by m_mendoza in A Day in The Life of Markeezy | Jul 5, 2014
- Crazy Colombia!I don’t really know where to even start the adventures of the last 10 days, things have been so busy and so crazy. I have been out of Bogotá and seen many different towns, landscapes, waterfalls, deserts, valleys, mountains, and Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Jul 1, 2014
- Norway in a nutshell“Hei fra Skandinavia”! Well actually, “Hello from London”. Despite my best intentions to write on the road, I found limited time to put pen to paper. On occasion when I did, turning my ramblings into something coherent for you good Posted by Jonathon Clegg in Lost and Found | Jul 1, 2014
- Our video of Nepal... For those following this blog from the beginning know that we recently took a trip of a lifetime that started on our own in Kathmandu Nepal on December 4th, 2013.
After a week we joined with Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Jun 25, 2014