Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- Santa Fe, New MexicoAbout a week after getting home from Mexico, we headed out for a road trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico. We had been there some 40 years earlier and loved it then, but wondered what time had wrought, and Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jun 26, 2016
- "Brews With Views"20th & 21st June'16:
Proud of their heritage & rich cultural history & with a reputation for good cuisine.!!..That's what you get when you are in the Ribble Valley & that's where I've been hiding out for the last two Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 21, 2016
- "Walking The Wall Of Fame"Wednesday: 16th.June '06..
Well the exciting news for the this week since I've been back from the Yorkshire Dales was, I've unexpectedly landed a few hours of voluntary work at Lytham Hall with the restoration group for the National Trust..It may Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 16, 2016
- Canadian Rockies Bimble - The Canadian Pacific RailroadWhat do William Cornelius Van Horne and Cheng Ging Butt have in common? You may be forgiven for not knowing the latter, but if you know some history of the Canadian Pacific Railway -and of course there is no reason Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | Jun 12, 2016
- "The Joys Of Youth Hostelling"11th.June'16...Raining today but it still has it's benefits. I've managed to check out the tiny village of Malham & had a bite to eat with a local ale in one of the two pubs in town..Well, what else is their Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 11, 2016
- "The Beauty Of The Yorkshire Dales"Friday: 10th. June'16..
About time for another update before I forget my daily dose of activities while I am here.. Tuesday was another morning walk through the country park in the Lytham Hall grounds & a small stock up at my Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 10, 2016
- Canadian Rockies Bimble - Highways and FerriesIf you are a motorcyclist, or even if you are not, but appreciate good empty roads, then I can't recommend these enough. I don't think I've ever ridden anywhere and seen less cars, houses, towns or better road surfaces.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | Jun 7, 2016
- Tour Operators in Sri LankaWe are DJ Travels Management (Pvt) Ltd. Our Company is one of Sri Lanka's momentous tour operators. Our reputation and greatness is earned everyday by providing the vital value and personal attention. We are one of Sri Lanka’s leading tour Posted by DJ Travels in Tour Operators in Sri Lanka | Jun 4, 2016
- Canadian Rockies Bimble - The Okanagan Valley"I moved here In 1996 from Grimsby". Then, as the rain started to fall again. " This is really unusual, it only rains here ten days a year". We had already experienced two of those days and the Okanagan Valleys Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | Jun 1, 2016
- Canadian Rockies Bimble - The road to HopeBike collected and the first day on the road...to Hope.
For film buffs and Rambo fans (not necessarily the same thing) you will have seen Hope, but it may have been pretending to be somewhere else. [b]The first Rambo was filmed Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | May 30, 2016
- Canadian Rockies BimbleFour hours in Heathrow, waiting for the flight to Vancouver. There are a lot of people, all passing through to somewhere else. Killing time is an art form, helped by duty free, WH Smiths, Harrodsburg Sunglasses boutique, Dixons travel, all Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | May 29, 2016
- Day 5After the long day we got through yesterday, we were feeling very excited about our rest day today. The purpose of this day is not the gain any altitude overall, but instead, we climb a little higher and then come Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- Day 4Day 4 begins with a 7.30am start.
We wake up to a lovely breakfast of apple and cinnamon porridge, get all our gear together and set off for Namche Bazaar - this village is a main thoroughfare for all trekkers Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- day 3Day 3
The big day! We are finally heading to the Himalayas, after months and months of planning. I wish I could say I am looking forward to it, but my mind focuses on the flight to Lukla which we Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- Day 2Day 2
After being asked to attend an orientation talk by outfitters Nepal tour company in the morning at 8.30am, we arrived in the lobby of our hotel to meet another Raj, who seemed to be a senior person in Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- Day one!Day 1!
We’ve left our lovely home in Northern Ireland and ventured towards the unknown – in every sense of the word. We’ve no idea what this trip will be like – what will Kathmandu be like, will the trek be Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- trip to Chittagong hill tractsRangamati & Bandarban Trekking Tour
Hills, Lake & Tribal People, Rangamati & Bandarban
Banderban–is the roof of Bangladesh located at Chittagong hill tracts where living verities of ethnic people who are different rest of the flat areas. Different o Posted by expeditions2001 in trip to Chittagong hill tracts | May 24, 2016
- Chapter 2: Iceland. One thing I've always found crazy about life in general, and travelling in particular, is how we come across the people we meet. Go back just a few weeks and myself, Klara, Emma and Arnold were all in completely different Posted by Daniel.J.B in Another travel blog | May 22, 2016
- Excursions from OaxacaAfter a few days of wandering the streets of Oaxaca, we were ready to go a little further afield. We went on a day trip into the Sierra Norte with a small tour group to the Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | May 4, 2016
- Jiyu Ken Curry Rice (Famous Osaka Curry Rice)As many of you might know, curry is one of the soul food in Japan. Japanese curry is quite different from those of India and Thailand since it is much more sweeter. The reason for it being sweeter Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Apr 24, 2016
- Sapporo, The Winter City==Introduction==
Hokkaido prefecture is the most northern island of Japan, right above Aomori. The capital city of Hokkaido is Sapporo and is one of the most visited cities in Japan. Though Hokkaido is known of its cold winters, they Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Kanazawa, The City of Gold. | Apr 24, 2016
- Coca Cola Trekking
Kaji had called it Coca Cola trekking referring to my trip to Annapurna Base Camp while we were on our way over the Cho La Pass in Everest region. Obviously some pride there from my mounta Posted by imagesbyandrea in Andrea's Travel Blog | Apr 20, 2016
- Taking the scenic route from Adelaide to MelbourneMy Aussie adventure continued with a trip to Adelaide where I met my friend Carly at the airport. We hadn't seen each other since August so it was really great to catch up.
We spent our only full day there in Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Apr 20, 2016
- What to do in Hobart when you're not dancing tango[center][/center]
===On the Waterfront===
Founded at Sullivan's Cove in 1804, Hobart is Australia's second oldest capital (after Sydney). A good way to start you Posted by tangueratravels in Tanguera Travels | Apr 17, 2016
- Never Coming Home...So after my first blog post where I boasted the fact that neither Morgan or I had yet come down with any belly issues, within less than an hour of posting that, my stomach began to feel unwell.
Fast forward Posted by astpurcell in OUT THE DEPARTURE GATE | Apr 16, 2016