Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- USA Midwest Roadtrip.Sept 5th, sat. Departed Cheyenne, drove through wonderful scenery, very flat Wyoming cattle land that triggered memories of cowboy films and T.V. series of our childhood, brilliant. Driving through this beautiful land, we made a detour to see Fort Laramie Posted by Steveandkeren in Midwest usa | Sep 7, 2015
- Scenic From Start to Finish
We woke up well rested after our first nights sleep at the Windradyne Bed and Breakfast in the Blue Mountains. The latest we could have breakfast was 8:30am although ideally we would h Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 4, 2015
- Stepping Out
Breakfast at Tara Guesthouse was a bit more of a sociable affair this morning, and we were able to chat to the two other guests (who were both in the area on business) as well a Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 4, 2015
- My first 3 days!I had started writing something very lengthy and wonderful and it never saved, so that is why this is my first post since I have arrived in Lima. I was very frustrated and have since calmed down.
My journey to Lima Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Sep 3, 2015
- We are going!!!!So, it's been over 4 months since a massive earthquake devastated Nepal and Everest Base Camp. We've spent that time getting a new puppy (who is as big a challenge as Everest we think!) and trying to get travel Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | Sep 1, 2015
- Halong Bay TravelPLAN YOUR HALONG BAY VACATION
A visit to the north is not complete without a trip to Halong Bay, where placid waters give way to more than 3,000 limestone karsts and wind-sculpted limestone formations jut from foggy lagoons. Dotting the bay Posted by Kiên in Vietnam Travel Blog | Sep 1, 2015
- Chicken Enchiladas in Creamy Spinach SauceWe're spending the week with my Mexican in-laws, and I'm trying to soak up some Mexican culture and flavors while we're here. At home (still in Mexico) I cook mostly pasta and veggies, rice and veggies, meat and veggies, so Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Aug 29, 2015
- 14 Peruvian Photos and MemoriesWell, I'm home from Peru! It was an absolutely amazing two(ish) weeks! So much happened during each day that it felt as though I lived an entire lifetime there. There are so many stories and pictures that I felt a Posted by LucasDunbar in Wandering Thoughts | Aug 12, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part X...Thiksey Monastery or GompaThiksay Gompa or Thiksay Monastery is a gompa (monastery) affiliated with the Gelug sect of Tibetan Buddhism. It is located on top of a hill in Thiksey village, approximately 19 kilometres east of Leh in Ladakh, India. It is noted Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Aug 7, 2015
- Goodbye Australia[center][/center]
There were tears - more than I expected - as I said goodbye to the place I have called home for the last year.
'Straya has been a real mix of tricks - each location h Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Aug 3, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part XI....CITY !!Leh , was the capital of the Himalayan kingdom of Ladakh, now the Leh district in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. Leh district. The town is dominated by the ruined Leh Palace, the former mansion of the Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 31, 2015
- Heading eastWe continue to have cool cloudy weather but not a lot of rain so still able to hike and explore. We saw our first iceberg in Cape Onion and an elderly couple caught us a pail of chaplain and Posted by RickandDeb in Rick & Deb's North American RV adventure | Jul 30, 2015
- Day 3: GHO!Today was my first full day in the beautiful town of Sun Valley, Idaho on this trip. From 9:00am to 1:30pm, I birded the Warm Springs Trail that leads essentially from our condo's backyard up a large mountain called Mt. Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 29, 2015
- Day 2: Boise to Sun ValleyToday my mom and I drove the 3-hour drive from Boise, Idaho's largest city, to the small mountain town of Sun Valley famous for its winter skiing. After a buffet breakfast at the Hampton Inn & Suites, we were on Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 28, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part X....Summers....
[img=http://phot Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 28, 2015
- Day 1: Idaho!And it's back to day 1 on a new trip, after returning from my last trip only 4 days ago! This time, my family is off to Sun Valley, Idaho for a 3-week-long vacation while my mom and dad play Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 27, 2015
- Day 7: From Ziplining to Stargazing--
This is the report about my seventh day on my recent trip to Costa Rica, which was Monday, July 20. I will post about days 8-10 tomorrow (July 26). Then, on Monday, July 27 I will leave for my annual Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 25, 2015
- Today is Wednesday. We walked 6 miles over to Spiss,Today a 6 mile walk over very easy switchbacks, always water at intervals coming out of faucets - into big troughs mainly for the cows but also for the hikers and farmers. Switz and Austria are the few countries where Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 22, 2015
- Bool Sheet!I forgot to mention that when in Scuol, our hotel owner, a Romansch speaking man, told us about a famous artist living in Scuol. He said the artist makes "What you call them? Bool Sheet? " "Cow pies?" Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 21, 2015
- Cinque Terre
We left Florence at 8am heading for the Italian Riviera. Some of Italy’s most dramatic coastline. The 18km stretch is named after its five tiny villages – Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso. Don’t quote me but Cinque Terre means Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 20, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part IX....Khardung La "Pass"==Khardung La== Khardung Pass, la means pass in Tibetan is a high mountain pass located in the Ladakh region of the India. The elevation of Khardung La is 5,359 m (17,582 ft) and it is the world's highest motorable Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 20, 2015
- Liechtenstein thru the Fuela Pass (again) to ScuolScuol, pronounced school, is the mountain heart of the Romansch language, a Latin based 4th official language of Switzerland. The owner of our hotel, Hotel Traub, said about 50,000 people speak the language in this area even tho Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 19, 2015
- authentic morocco tours and packageshrill of morocco tours is agency specialized in organisation of trips and excursions in Morocco. Willing to provide the highest quality of travel by Morocco, available anywhere! We offer authentic trips to see and discover the true Morocco outside the Posted by thrillof in MOROCCO TRAVEL TOURS | Jul 17, 2015
- Farley Lake Attempt "It's not a backcountry adventure if everything goes right!"
The weekend began much like any other weekend trip to the mountains- with last minute planning. I only decided during the week to head out backpacking so this trip was rather last Posted by LucasDunbar in Wandering Thoughts | Jul 13, 2015
- For the First Time in Forever...Now, if you have an eight year old daughter, like we do, you would know that the title of this blog post comes from the Disney movie, Frozen.
So for the first time in forever, we are the furthest Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2015