Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- Sunrise and SolitaireThe alarm went off at 6.30 and we dragged ourselves out of bed for the sunrise walk, fortunately the sky looked clear after the unexpected evening rain. We climbed, in the cool of dawn up the rocky path then across Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Sep 23, 2016
- And no you can't see it from outer space (China)Beijing in 1989 was in a small way the inspiration behind taking this trip. Not so much because of the student uprising that took place and the subsequent events that unfolded in and around Tiananmen Square at the time but Posted by david.byne in New Territory | Sep 14, 2016
- River ValleyLooking out of the window that morning, we could overlook the eastern shores of Lake Taupo. Passing through the township of Turnagi, the fishing capital of New Zealand, we headed towards Tongariro National Park. It is New Zealand's oldest National Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | May 14, 2015
- Lake TaupoIt was the 12[sup]th[/sup] of May. In only one week I'd be leaving New Zealand. I didn't comprehend yet what that meant. It meant, that my world trip was almost over. It meant, I'd leave Aotearoa and have only week Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | May 13, 2015
- Day 38-41 Chiang Mia to Chiang RaiWe'll have moved onto Chiang Rae from Chiang Mia,got the Green Bus up yesterday which is Thailands National bus service and so far seem okay reasonably cheap and the the big plus they have A/C took about 3 hours to Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Sep 6, 2016
- Thinking about trekking Annapurna Base Camp (ABC)?
Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) is one of my favourite places to trek in Nepal and is totally worth visiting if you love all things beautiful and majestic! The picturesque peaks, the hospitab Posted by whadventures in Thinking about trekking Annapurna Camp | Sep 6, 2016
- Family Time - Part One==I've moved! ==
You can continue reading my letters following the link below!
See you there ;)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/795321/large_seen-in-ma..0443683 Posted by chb00001 in Letters from Charlotte | Sep 5, 2016
- Viduržemiai. Peklos pagaikštis GibraltarasSkusdamas ir tarkuodamas bulves blynams kepti, laivo racija klausausi VHF12 kanalo. Juo uosto dispečeriai reguliuoja laivų eismą Gibraltaro uoste ir jo prieigose. Kiekvienam čia pasirodžiusiam laivui jie duoda nurodymus kaip manevruoti, kad saugiai prasil Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Sep 1, 2016
- Thomas of Arabia
With our journey through Morocco largely uncharted, we have freedom to choose our adventure. We want to get to Fes from Marr Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Aug 30, 2016
- Day 32 Pia to Mae Hong Son and BackGot upto a pretty clear sky so decided to risk the weather and take a ride to Mae Hong Son which is about 100km down the road and it was well worth the trip going over numerous mountain ranges and Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Aug 28, 2016
- Stay and Work or Go On?My Deep South trip and the good times with the small group we were were now over. We arrived back in Queenstown where I stayed in a different hostel this time. From my visit at Lake Wanaka a bunch of Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Mar 31, 2015
- A Surprising Land of Waterfalls and Natural Wonders[float=right][/float]Mostly know for Ebola, civil war and corruption, Guinea have shown a very differen Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Aug 25, 2016
- Yaki RamenYaki Ramen is a specialty dish where you can only eat at the yatai stands in Hakata city of Fukuoka prefecture. The majority of the yatai stands you will find nearby the river of Nakasu. This dish is Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 21, 2016
- Yaki CurryYaki Curry or bAked curry in English is a specialty dish in Kitakyushu city, especially the Mojiko region (Fukuoka prefecture). In Chinese culture, we have a lot of baked rice dishes and curry is one of them but however Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 17, 2016
- Exploring New Zealands Deep South & Milford Sound Forgetting my worries about money for a while, I got on the bus which would take us around the most southern parts of New Zealand - called Deep South. This 3-day trip took us over Dunedin, Catlins , Invercargill, and Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Mar 28, 2015
- KaramenBefore I talk about Karamen, can you take the heat? Are you a spicy food lover like me? If you are then this is a great dish for you! If you're not, they have a level system Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 13, 2016
- HiyajiruI have been to Miyazaki prefecture before but the last time around I didn't really eat lot. In order to make up for it I tried to eat more this trip to share some new local specialty dishes I've Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 12, 2016
- Loving the adventure from Washington back to California!
Seriously only saw my friend Jen for a few minutes as she showed us where we would be sleeping. We were up and out of her house by Posted by TravelingDoll in Summer Trip 2016 | Jul 28, 2016
- Chapter 8: Bolivia to Chile La Paz to Sucre, 12 hours, and another overnighter on a bus. The main thing I remember about the journey was falling asleep listening to Bowie, who I then dreamed was showing me round some kind of enormous mansion he Posted by Daniel.J.B in Another travel blog | Aug 8, 2016
- 2016 KickOff in Bicolandia!Why 2016 KickOff you ask? Let me explain! :D This blog entry, I have written this after the trip and has been sitting in my document folder for quite a while now. I completely forgot about it and I'm sorry Posted by moonlitskies in Read At Your Own Risk. | Aug 7, 2016
- Day 9 and a trip to the mountains from Mandalay Well after another breakfast of eggs and toast!! It was time to get out of Mandalay for the day and visit Pyin U Lwin which is about 1-1/2 hours outside Mandalay up in the mountain area which is a part Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Aug 5, 2016
- Days 13 to 16Day 13
So today is a day for travel from Copacobana to Cusco. We were up early again having been unable to sleep under the mass of bedding afforded us. We were fed and watered and lined up to get Posted by WelshAndy in A 3 week adventure of 2 Auld ones | Aug 3, 2016
- Chapter 7: Peru to BoliviaBeing me is quite fun right now, and I have no desire to die. Yet I decided to spend most of my first week in Bolivia risking my life. First by cycling down the North Yungas Road, aka Death Road, Posted by Daniel.J.B in Another travel blog | Jul 26, 2016
- Surprise Utah Birding!Today I missed my connecting flight to Idaho, so I was stranded in Salt Lake City for 8 hours. My solution: go birding!
After a quick taxi ride, I arrived at my destination for the afternoon, Bountiful Pond which is a Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 25, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 3On Saturday, July 16, birding guide Scott Atkinson gave my dad and I a fantastic full-day birding tour of the north Olympic Peninsula, in search of specific target birds I needed for my life list. Scott turned out to be Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 23, 2016