Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- Blowing in the Wind!
My Favourite Ride,
The Boats, the speedboats,
The gas steaming in our throats.
Our groups sitting in seats,
Look, we can even see the streets.
They told us it was a man made lake,
Posted by Lola1815 in Ugh My shoes! | Nov 20, 2016
- Leh Trip june 2017Hi,
I am a Delhi based traveller. I had done Delhi to Leh on a bajaj pulsar 150 in the year 2002 and 2004. It was a time when Indian travellers were very rarely found on these roads. In the Posted by Samroy in Trip to Leh June 2017 | Nov 15, 2016
- Kazbegi - GeorgiaMarshrutka from Didube bus station takes about 3 hours up the windy mountain roads and costs 10 GEL, you pay to the driver and they leave when full.
If you are planning to climb Kazbegi (5033m) you will need a Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 13, 2016
- Mazeri to Mestia - an adventure of our lifetime==The Plan==
To hike from Mazeri to Mestia and onward to Ushguli. Mestia to Ushguli part is very popular with well-marked trails and lots of home-stays along the way. We decided to make it more fun and supplement by an Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 13, 2016
- Sri Lanka - Adam's peak==The plan==
A pretty ordinary actually... To hike Adam's peak - Sri Lanka's holy mountain from Dalhousie. Adams's peak is the most holy place in Sri Lanka and a major point for both tourist and religious pilgrimage. From Dalhousie it's only Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 11, 2016
- Macedonia - 5 highlights===About Macedonia===
Reasons to visit:
1 - it is beautiful country, and one of the very few unexplored gems of Europe.
2 - it's very small and easy to travel. In 1 week you can cover cities, beautiful lakes and mountains.
[b]3[/ Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 10, 2016
- Australia-Blue Mountains - Katoomba circuit trek.The plan - to walk from Katoomba to Tarros Ladders than to Kanangaroo Clearing and double-back to Dunphy's camping area. Very easy hike which would let us to enjoy the beauty of the Blue Mountains without much strain. Or was Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 6, 2016
- Annapurna Base Camp==This is a chapter 2== We have just completed Annapurna Circuit in 10 days, and decided not to loose any time and head straight for base camp!
Tatopani - Ghorepani - 15 km
This was the best start of the Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 5, 2016
- Crossing Perin and Rila mountains - Bulgaria June 2015We were meaning to do this trip for quite a while, but something would usually pop up and we would go someplace different. First time I went to Bulgaria was back in 2011 for a skiing trip. Sadly I've broken Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 6, 2016
- I LOVE NEW YORK[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/731064/85D1B09B02E875AC9B07849A75C74160.j Posted by Linda Fluckiger in Living a Dream | Oct 25, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 3 - Christchurch to Franz Josef – OverviewThis was my first full day of the tour. We ha a great day and saw some fantastic scenery. We went to:
• Tranz-Alpine Railway
• West Coast
• Franz Josef Glacier
[center][img= Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 22, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 3 - Christchurch to Franz Josef – Franz Josef ==Franz Josef Glacier==
We continued through the town, across the Waiho River to the car park of the glacier. Unfortunately, the glacier has receded so much, we didn't have time to walk to the face. It's on my list Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 22, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 3 - Christchurch to Franz Josef – Arthur's Pas==Otira Highway==
We all piled back into the bus made our way to Hokitika.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 22, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 3 - Christchurch to Franz Josef – Tranz-Alpine==Tranz-Alpine Railway from Christchurch to Arthur's Pass==
We all piled into the bus at the hotel and made our way to the station.
When we got Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 22, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 2 - Christchurch – OverviewThis was my last full day wandering around before the tour started. I made the most of it by going to:
• Punting on the Avon
• Rebuild Tour
• Christchurch Gondola
• Wandering Worcester Boulevard
Once I was back at the hotel, I went to the dinner Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 21, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 2 - Christchurch – Part 3 – Gondola RideThe day before I had bought a gondola ticket as part of the Punting & Tram tickets. I also purchased shuttle bus tickets so that I could get there quickly. The shuttle bus left from the front of the Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 21, 2016
- Japan Day 10 – TsumagoWe spent most of this day in [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6077.html|Tsumago]] just resting and relaxing. When we woke up it was very cold so we stayed in and read until around 11.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/611368/large_alopiparo_..G_72 Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Oct 21, 2016
- Japan Day 9 – Travel to Tsumago via MagomeThis was one of our favorite days. We took the [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6078.html|Magome-Tsumago trail]] (a well maintained section of the Nakasendo post trail).
After forwarding our luggage to Kyoto using the [[http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e22 Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Oct 21, 2016
- Family Time - Part Two==I've moved! ==
You can continue reading my letters following the link below!
See you there ;)
[[http://lettersfromcharlotte.travellerspoint.com/32/|Click here to r Posted by chb00001 in Letters from Charlotte | Oct 21, 2016
- The Vingerklip Lodge We had a good night at the Brandberg Rest Camp and left at about 9.30 up the Ugab Valley, home of the desert elephants. We saw plenty of warning signs and piles of dung but saw no sign of the Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Oct 12, 2016
- Flinders Ranges Spent a few days of the October 2016 school holiday's at Rawnsley Station in the beautiful South Australian Flinders Ranges - glad we visited after heavy rain as the normally very dry landscape was lush green and colourful. In Posted by freearoundoz in Jason, Rae & Sarah | Oct 10, 2016
- Bye bye mountains, bye bye sightseeing The first couple of miles back in the US looked just like Canada before the forest subsided and fields took over. We did not feel like driving much longer and eventually turned into Whitefish Lake State Park. It seemed like Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Oct 7, 2016
- Sapa Vietnam Days 64-68Well what to say,went on 2 day trek with some local ethnic people down into the bottom of the valley and back out the other side and the scenery was mind blowing,there are 5 ethnic groups around Sapa all wearing Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Oct 3, 2016
- Climbing the Highest Mountain in West Africa[float=right][/float]For the past three days I have constantly been either well moisturised or soaked to th Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Oct 1, 2016
- Sapa Day 62-63Well arrived in Sapa yesterday afternoon and spent what was left of the day wandering around and getting my bearings,luckily Sapa is quite small so it did'nt long
The beauty of Sapa and the local area is the scenery,located in a Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Sep 28, 2016