Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- Yaki CurryYaki Curry or bAked curry in English is a specialty dish in Kitakyushu city, especially the Mojiko region (Fukuoka prefecture). In Chinese culture, we have a lot of baked rice dishes and curry is one of them but however Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 17, 2016
- Exploring New Zealands Deep South & Milford Sound Forgetting my worries about money for a while, I got on the bus which would take us around the most southern parts of New Zealand - called Deep South. This 3-day trip took us over Dunedin, Catlins , Invercargill, and Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Mar 28, 2015
- KaramenBefore I talk about Karamen, can you take the heat? Are you a spicy food lover like me? If you are then this is a great dish for you! If you're not, they have a level system Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 13, 2016
- HiyajiruI have been to Miyazaki prefecture before but the last time around I didn't really eat lot. In order to make up for it I tried to eat more this trip to share some new local specialty dishes I've Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 12, 2016
- Loving the adventure from Washington back to California!
Seriously only saw my friend Jen for a few minutes as she showed us where we would be sleeping. We were up and out of her house by Posted by TravelingDoll in Summer Trip 2016 | Jul 28, 2016
- Chapter 8: Bolivia to Chile La Paz to Sucre, 12 hours, and another overnighter on a bus. The main thing I remember about the journey was falling asleep listening to Bowie, who I then dreamed was showing me round some kind of enormous mansion he Posted by Daniel.J.B in Another travel blog | Aug 8, 2016
- 2016 KickOff in Bicolandia!Why 2016 KickOff you ask? Let me explain! :D This blog entry, I have written this after the trip and has been sitting in my document folder for quite a while now. I completely forgot about it and I'm sorry Posted by moonlitskies in Read At Your Own Risk. | Aug 7, 2016
- Day 9 and a trip to the mountains from Mandalay Well after another breakfast of eggs and toast!! It was time to get out of Mandalay for the day and visit Pyin U Lwin which is about 1-1/2 hours outside Mandalay up in the mountain area which is a part Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Aug 5, 2016
- Days 13 to 16Day 13
So today is a day for travel from Copacobana to Cusco. We were up early again having been unable to sleep under the mass of bedding afforded us. We were fed and watered and lined up to get Posted by WelshAndy in A 3 week adventure of 2 Auld ones | Aug 3, 2016
- Chapter 7: Peru to BoliviaBeing me is quite fun right now, and I have no desire to die. Yet I decided to spend most of my first week in Bolivia risking my life. First by cycling down the North Yungas Road, aka Death Road, Posted by Daniel.J.B in Another travel blog | Jul 26, 2016
- Surprise Utah Birding!Today I missed my connecting flight to Idaho, so I was stranded in Salt Lake City for 8 hours. My solution: go birding!
After a quick taxi ride, I arrived at my destination for the afternoon, Bountiful Pond which is a Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 25, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 3On Saturday, July 16, birding guide Scott Atkinson gave my dad and I a fantastic full-day birding tour of the north Olympic Peninsula, in search of specific target birds I needed for my life list. Scott turned out to be Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 23, 2016
- Yosemite’s majestic mountainsWe can call ourselves really lucky: a couple of days earlier when it was obvious when we’d be getting to San Francisco and then to Yosemite I was lucky to get a reservation for a single night at Crane Flat Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Jul 23, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 2On Friday, July 15, my dad and I traveled around the Olympic Peninsula to hike & go birding.
Our morning destination was a drive-up mountain peak on the east side of the Olympics called Mt. Walker, where my target birds were Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 23, 2016
- Tibet In Exile..!!..Mcloud Ganj (Himachal Pradesh)17th-21st. July...
After an awesome week with Naveen & Neera at Darang Tea Estates and a 45min. drive, with many thanks to Naveen for the lift and farewell lunch at the Dhauladar Hotel in Dharamsala.. I've now been in Bhagsunag, about Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jul 21, 2016
- "Heading Back Home..!!"5th _ 10th. July.... Plenty of walking & exploring the region in and around the towns of both New & Old Manali on either side of the Beas River..Both sides have their unique differences, with the new being the more Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jul 12, 2016
- Lake WanakaThe morning started early in order to catch the so-called golden light. We left Franz Josef village and looked back and at a picturesque scene, snow-capped mountain ranges with the highest mountain of NZ, Mount Cook, crowning in the midst Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Mar 23, 2015
- Day 4 Champagne Region – Europe 2013 HolidayI did a day trip to the Champagne Region. I really wanted to drink French Champagne in the French Champagne region.
I went to Reims and Épernay.
The will break up th Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 7, 2016
- Important Tips for First Time Ski TravelersOne of the most important tips that any first time ski traveler can follow is to find a location that offers lots of options for your needs. You do not want to go on a ski trip that is specific Posted by Assaf Halkin in Assaf Halkin's Travels | Jul 6, 2016
- Monsoon Arrives In Manali..!!30th. June'16>Departed a rain drenched Kashmiri Gate Bus Station in Delhi at 7pm for the 11.5hr. road trip to the hills of Manali in Himachal Pradesh..As comfortable as a bus journey can be on long trips & especially India, I Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jul 3, 2016
- Santa Fe, New MexicoAbout a week after getting home from Mexico, we headed out for a road trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico. We had been there some 40 years earlier and loved it then, but wondered what time had wrought, and Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jun 26, 2016
- "Brews With Views"20th & 21st June'16:
Proud of their heritage & rich cultural history & with a reputation for good cuisine.!!..That's what you get when you are in the Ribble Valley & that's where I've been hiding out for the last two Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 21, 2016
- "Walking The Wall Of Fame"Wednesday: 16th.June '06..
Well the exciting news for the this week since I've been back from the Yorkshire Dales was, I've unexpectedly landed a few hours of voluntary work at Lytham Hall with the restoration group for the National Trust..It may Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 16, 2016
- Canadian Rockies Bimble - The Canadian Pacific RailroadWhat do William Cornelius Van Horne and Cheng Ging Butt have in common? You may be forgiven for not knowing the latter, but if you know some history of the Canadian Pacific Railway -and of course there is no reason Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | Jun 12, 2016
- "The Joys Of Youth Hostelling"11th.June'16...Raining today but it still has it's benefits. I've managed to check out the tiny village of Malham & had a bite to eat with a local ale in one of the two pubs in town..Well, what else is their Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 11, 2016