Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- Southern IndiaHi I hope you're enjoying the Summer and the Rojiblancos storming World Cup run. I'm writing from Mamallapuram just South of Chennai and it's been a few weeks similar to the last in that having seen barely any foreigners anywhere Posted by carlswall in 2wyvernsonmychest | Jun 22, 2010
- New England - Day 5 Bar Harbor & Acadia National Park MaineThe Bayview is a really nice hotel. Our king bedroom was spacious and directly waterfront. When you stay at chain motels along the interstate, you are served "continental" breakfast, which we all know isn't really something to write Posted by eightylbs in Off Too See The World | Oct 16, 2012
- Trekking in the High Atlas MountainsI am sitting on the earth-roof terrace of the house of our 2nd Berber hosts, roughly 50K from Taroudant.
The View looks like this
We have spent the Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Oct 16, 2012
- Beating the Heat in North Carolina's High CountryImagine how excited I was when I was asked by Highcountry365.com to do a guest blog for their website! We made a trip to Blowing Rock, NC in September and had a great time. Read that 4 part blog post Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 15, 2012
- The Last Best Place - Day 8“God never made an ugly landscape. All that sun shines on is beautiful, so long as it is wild.” ― John Muir
It was our final morning Montana. Leaving is always so bittersweet. Every trip to those mountains cleans my spirit, Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 15, 2012
- The Last Best Place - Day 7“Everybody needs beauty...places to play in and pray in where nature may heal and cheer and give strength to the body and soul alike.” ― John Muir
We had originally planned to do the Grinnell Glacier hike, but my feet were Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 15, 2012
- "5 and a Half Days on the Ground"I still can't believe that Melissa and Lisa left their families and flew all this way to visit me in Peru! From the minute I received an email confirming their flight info, I saw the Cusco area in Posted by annevl in The Journey is the Reward | Oct 13, 2012
- New England - Day 3 - More White Mountains, NHAccording to our original plans, we would have been checking out of Mt Coolidge Motel this morning and taking a scenic route from Lincoln, NH to Bar Harbor, ME. Since the weather had turned bad and it was moving Posted by eightylbs in Off Too See The World | Oct 9, 2012
- New England - Day 2 - White Mountains HikingLast night we checked into Mt Coolidge Motel and spent a long time considering the many hiking trails in the area. We gave serious consideration to the 9-plus-mile R/T Franconia Ridge Trail so we could bag a couple summits Posted by eightylbs in Off Too See The World | Oct 8, 2012
- The Last Best Place - Day 5“The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” ― John Muir
One of our favorite hikes in the park is the hike to Granite Park Chalet. There ar Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 7, 2012
- The Last Best Place - Day 4[b]“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 7, 2012
- Ireland - home of my ancestorsOur time in Ireland was spent in Cobh (pronounced Cove), a little town on Great Island in Cork Harbour. It felt very strange to be here. As a child Ireland featured largely in my catholic Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Oct 5, 2012
- Peru, Sept 6-20, 2012Eddie and I went to Peru for two weeks to visit the classic Incan cities sites and Lake Titicaca and Cusco, Ollataytambo. We learned about the many layers of culture that exist within the current culture and span Posted by Econverse in Travelong | Sep 24, 2012
- Eastern EuropeWhen I traveled overland through Central Asia (or ‘The Stans’) last year I realized I’d been to all but 4 of the former SSRs and so this trip was very much about visiting the last few and getting a sense Posted by carlswall in 2wyvernsonmychest | Aug 27, 2012
- silk road 1<iframe src="http://indie.bootsnall.com/embed.php?route=ISB-ALA-ULN-BJS-KTM-SXR-KUL&width=590&height=400" width="590" height="400" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no"></iframe> Posted by kelate78 in journey | Sep 21, 2012
- East Timor, Sulawesi and SumatraHello from the lovely (and superbly named) mountain town of Bukittinggi, I've just received confirmation that after several months traveling in archipelago based nations I will be happy to leave planes and boats behind for far easier overland travel. Afte Posted by carlswall in 2wyvernsonmychest | Nov 2, 2009
- Java, Bali and Nusa TenggaraHello from a place called Ende tho frankly it feels like they should drop the 2nd 'e'. I really wish I wasn't here...
This month began in 'The Big Durian' that is Jakarta. Durians are the very smelly fruit that are Posted by carlswall in 2wyvernsonmychest | Sep 25, 2009
- My Birding ExperienceIn my last visit to Mindo in the south american country of Ecuador I went to the town of Mindo and looked for some information about birding around there and I found a birding guide not native of mindo but Posted by Bliko in My Birding Experience | Sep 18, 2012
- The Last Best Place - Day 1"Going to the mountains is going home." -John Muir
We set out early on a warm Saturday morning in late August. Because we had enjoyed it so much on the previous trip to Montana, we decided to fly the Seneca across Posted by vicki_h in . | Sep 16, 2012
- Tracking in Rax mountains [im Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Sep 8, 2012
- Scotland - Arriving back on the mainland we headed down towards England. Having taken 11 days to explore the west and the Orkneys, we now had 3 days before having to return the car in Manchester ... Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Sep 16, 2012
- “Fire in the Mountains”===For a long time I had heard of the “Fire in the Mountains” near Antalya and had wanted to see this phenomenon with my own eyes.
Known by the local inhabitants as the Yanartaş (burning stone), it is caused by natural Posted by TravelnTurkey in Travel In Turkey | Sep 15, 2012
- Land of the head hunters...Borneo!Kuching, Borneo - First stop on our whirlwind tour of South East Asia.
The reason Kuching was on our itinerary was because Ken gave me a list of a few of the things he wanted to see and do during Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Sep 9, 2012
- Auli - Badrinath - Mana Gaon tripAgain a trip made in haste, miles squeezed in hours , some skill full hand behind the wheel and a wandering eye behind the lens. All ingredients to a great journey, this time to touch the last village on Indo-China Posted by wander-in in Wander-In | Sep 7, 2012
- Lago Di Garda and MantovaWe had been warned by our resident Bolognese experts that the town is pretty quiet until locals return in early September from their summer vacanza, so having dumped our stuff at our new apartment (home for the next 3+ months), Posted by happellfamily12 in La vita in quattro valigie | Sep 6, 2012