Blog Entries tagged 'mountains'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'mountains'
- Natural Beauty and Catholic/Monastic HistoryI think it is impossible to have a bad day in Ireland. There is just so much to do and so little time to do it in. Today was a full plate of highlights from dawn until evening. I do Posted by Bad Kitty in Bad Kitty Great Adventure | Jul 9, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part VIII..Confluence of Indus & ZanskarThe confluence of the Zanskar River and the Indus is 3 km southeast of Nimmu village in Ladakh.This place is the meeting point of two rivers Indus & Zanskar. This place is famous for water activities....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747402/la Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 8, 2015
- Allstones Adventures"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." - John Muir
Cadon, Rory, Spencer, Colin and I began our adventure Saturday morning at 6:30am on Posted by LucasDunbar in Wandering Thoughts | Jun 29, 2015
A big day travelling from Las Vegas to Lone Pine. A relatively stress free drive out of the city, the highways are in excellent condition and well signed. We headed to Death Valley and witnessed the most spectacular Posted by Pearcey in TJ's and Boys Abroad | Jun 27, 2015
- SalzburgSo we did the archery in Grünau, had Gerhard’s world famous lasagne for lunch and then we headed for Salzburg. Luck for us it is only 2 hours down the road.
Salzburg is the fourth-largest city in Austria. Salzburg's "Old Town" Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 20, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part VII..Pangong Tso Lake....Pangong Tso , Tibetan for "long, narrow, enchanted lake", also referred to as Pangong Lake, is a lake in the Himalayas situated at a height of about 4,350 m (14,270 ft). It is 134 km (83 mi) long and extends Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 18, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh...Part - VI...On way to Pangong Tso lakeThe Chang La (el. 5,360 m or 17,590 ft) is a high mountain pass in Ladakh, India. It is the second highest motorable road in the world. Chang La is approached from Leh via kharu and sekti village by a Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 17, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part - V...winters with fresh snowfall!Leh has a cold desert climate with long, harsh winters from October to early March, with minimum temperatures well below freezing for most of the winter. The city gets occasional snowfall during winter. The weather in the remaining months is Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 16, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh....Part - III....Likir MonasteryThe Likir Monastery or gompa is one of the oldest and well maintained monasteries in Ladakh district in Jammu and Kashmir. The monastery is located in Likir village is believed to have been in existence since 11th century.
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 15, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh....Part - II...Alchi and around...
Alchi is a village and monastery in the Leh district of Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir, situated on the bank of Indus River 70 km downstream from the capital in Leh. Unlike the other gompas in Ladakh, Alchi is Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 14, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh...PART-I.....Spituk Gompa and area around.
Spituk Monastery, also better as Spituk Gompa or Pethup Gompa, is a Buddhist monastery i Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 12, 2015
- The Hell Cave[center] Don’t take it literally - I don’t really mean Hell where everything is burning but the [[http://findvietnam.com/things-to-do/locations/quang-nam-province/danang-city/marble-mountains/must-knows-marble-mountains-caves-vietnam/|Marble Mountains] Posted by tiffanymorris in The Hell Cave | Jun 10, 2015
- Sukhna Lake....Sukhna Lake is a beautiful lake that lies in the foothills of Shivalik range. The unique thing about Sukhna is that it is a manmade lake. It is a 3 km long lake that was created in the year 1958.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747402/large_IMG_ Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 5, 2015
- Interlaken - SuíçaQuando planejávamos a ida àquela terra séria e pontual chamada Suíça já havíamos ouvido falar dos famosos "Alpes Suíços" mas não imaginávamos que ali encontravam-se os melhores e na minha opinião mais bonitos picos nevados do mundo! Basta ver o Posted by Augustus Nettus in A vida é feita de viagens... | May 21, 2015
- Zurique - SuíçaAhhhhh a Suíça, como foi mesmo que eu fui parar lá? Sim... sim, foi por medo! Medo da minha namorada e companheira de viagem Denise Rodrigues... Planejávamos há meses a tão sonhada viagem para a Europa mas o medo dela Posted by Augustus Nettus in A vida é feita de viagens... | May 21, 2015
- Bucket List [center]
1. [s]Make a personal travel blog[/s] [[https://wanderlustoverloaded.wordpress.com]]
2. [s] Camp on the beach[/s] New year’s eve 2013 in an island
3. [s]Go on a road trip with friends[/s] [i]Couple of times now. Posted by swoutyyjae in Wanderlust Overloaded | May 20, 2015
- Minister welcomes local govt survey results The first ever survey of how ratepayers view the performance of their local government is being welcomed by Local Government Minister Paula Bennett.
The inaugural New Zealand Local Government Survey, released today, is part of Local Government New Zeal Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- Balancing act for House Democratic Leader Pelosi on trade
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi faces a balancing act over trade legislation before Congress.
It's a top priority for President Barack Obama. But it's overwhelmingly opposed by House Democrats. That leaves Pelosi caught in th Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- German backpacker survives icy fall on Mt TongariroA 19-year-old German backpacker has been hospitalised after sliding 50 metres down an icy slope near the summit of Mt Tongariro today.
The man and his three companions were hiking over the Tongariro Alpine Crossing about 1pm when he slipped and Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- Inca Trail | Day 2 | “The Challenge”Maximum Altitude: 4,200 m/13,776 ft
Minimum Altitude: 3,000 m/9,840 ft
Distance Travelled: Approx. 16 km
Approximate Walking Time: 7-8 hours / Ascent up: 900 m
[i]Start Posted by always_explore in Never lost, always exploring | Nov 21, 2012
- Mossy ForestIt has been an exhausting, both physically and mentally, yet the most rewarding, satisfying and fun hike in the mossy forest.
Our journey started from KL at 2.30am and we reached Brinchang around 7am. Five of us met up with the Posted by puileng in My Adventures ... travel is my life ... | May 10, 2015
- Jamaica, revisitedJamaica has stolen my breath and given me life again all in just one week.
Nine months. Nine long, painful, arduous, life altering months I stayed in the same place while I died inside just a bit more day by day Posted by JenniElle in (Miss)Adventures | May 15, 2015
- Update Namaste!
Just want to update this page. From our last post, we've been frantically trying to get flights refunded, get in touch with our tour operator out in Nepal and trying to figure out if we should cancel our trip completely Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 11, 2015
- From Southam to South AmericaWe'd been planning this trip for over a year and saving for the best part of 12 months. So what's the first thing we did when we arrived in Lima at 6am on a Sunday morning? Yep, that's right - Posted by kristian23 in The Globetrotting Graduates | May 5, 2015
- It is so easy to find beauty My first blog mentions finding beauty in Mexico. That's what being here means. Leaving home does that to you. Living in Mexico does that too. Do I have hot water when I come home? Is my Posted by Tampicoandlisa in Lisa in Tampico, Mexico | May 3, 2015