Blog Entries tagged 'museum'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'museum'
- Day 5Another overcast, humid day - and not a lot to tell. Today's Italian class wasn't any less confusing - at times the teacher holds long conversations in Italian with a couple of the other students, and most of us Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 14, 2015
- York Railway MuseumWe caught the bus to York and wandered around the city. I suddenly thought I should get my hair cut, went into a shop to make an appointment. Of course you can't do it straight away as needed Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 15, 2015
- Rovaniemi and JyvaskylaI decided not to clog up the Christmas in July post with the other thing we did in Rovaniemi - and we weren't there long really, so went to one museum and for a short walk along the river...
It Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 22, 2015
- On to OsloWe arrived fresh and ready to hit Oslo after a night on the Ferry... amazingly smooth journey. We packed up our little cabin, and headed down to the car deck. Once our GPS booted up and realised it had moved Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2015
- How to do Tasmania in three days - with pictures and videoTasmania is a beautiful island so easily missed out while backpacking in Australia - but if you ignore it, you're missing a real treat.
Like anywhere when I'm travelling, I Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Jul 6, 2015
- Hamburg HappeningsSo after all the preparations and packing, we set off with the box on the top of the car... loaded for a four week driving holiday!!
And drove 4 hours from our house to our first AirBNB place Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jun 30, 2015
- The Adfrenchures Come to a CloseOur respective sojourns in France have come to their bittersweet ends; whether the journey has been a whirlwind of ten or sixteen days, or an extended stay totaling a whopping 281 days, we are all tired, stuffed, a little sunburned, Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Jun 8, 2015
- Bidding Adieu to Besançon[i]Take four adults, two of whom who have never left the country, add a little Dramamine, two flights, a train ride, and… eleven hours later they will pop out of the ground in Paris. Beautiful, crowded, exotic Paris, with Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Jun 3, 2015
- Crepes, a Canadian, and a possibly drunk AustralianDay 5 (May 26)
Our first day of real classes was today. In our Sustainability class taught by an Australian professor we went over topics regarding Australia's Population. It was actually really interesting to see how Australia has facilitated Posted by kmnelsen in My Dreaming Story | May 28, 2015
- Vivid Sydney 2015 - Part 1[center][/center]
MOST people don't need convincing that Sydney is a beautiful place.
But if there was ever any doubt, then Vivid will set you straight.
[center][img=http://photos.travell Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | May 25, 2015
- Everything is for sale in Russia - even next to the KremlinEverything is for sale in Russia. A prime example follows below (picture taken just next to the Kremlin). It actually also shows they are repairing the street lights and planting flowers - hence the awkward looking lamppost.
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by boeien in 3 months in Eastern Europe | Apr 22, 2015
- TRANSPORTATION STRIKE HITS ARGENTINASo as planned, the transportation strike went ahead. Did it transpire as expected? Well maybe for some but for us, there were some things that worked out better than others. As it happens, some taxis were running so I Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Mar 31, 2015
- So Say GeronimoObservation of the day: I will truly miss how hospitable it has been in Japan from the wet towels to clean your hands when you enter an establishment to the fully stocked bathrooms to the very gracious bartenders. The new Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 27, 2015
- Art and Airplanes in Beijing
On Saturday, we headed to the National Art Museum. It met my friend's two specifications: indoors and not far from the apartment. We only had to walk ten minutes and it was free to boot if you b Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 17, 2015
- Xi'an's Terracotta army and museum
Early the next morning, after we enjoyed some tasty and cheap egg and veggie buns from a local street vendor, we headed to the bus station looking for a bus bound for the terracotta warrior Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 11, 2015
- The Amsterdam wrap up
The next day, and our final day in Amsterdam, we had to return the bikes. Getting back into Amsterdam proved almost as tricky as riding out. This time we also had our bags which made it a Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Feb 28, 2015
- Layover in Lyon!Saturday was the start of « February Break ». Yep, just a random week in February with no classes. So, now that I have recovered from Christmas, I am taking the opportunity to do a bit of traveling. Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Feb 24, 2015
- El Museo de Oro del Banco de la RepúblicaFor most the Legend of El Dorado, the Gilded One, is but a myth. In reality, El Dorado is based on a ritual of the Muisca tribe of the Chibcha nation that inhabited the Cordillera Oriental of the Andes making Posted by Charles Lemos in Have iPad Will Travel | Feb 20, 2015
- Day 2: Hong Kong IslandA big day today! But first: last night's shabu shabu was wonderful, tissue paper thin meat wafers wafted through boiling flavoured broth with all the vegetables and noodles you care to chuck in. Go chiso sama desu-ta ? Posted by NarLin in The Nerds at Number 10: HK Hooray! | Feb 3, 2015
- Days 0-1: Travel, Arrival and Settling InThere was definitely no time for blogging in Singapore, nor indeed a toilet break. Nerdia even had to forgo her usual "disembarkation etiquette" and push her way off the 'plane first. Brisk walk to Transfer Lounge E, obtain Posted by NarLin in The Nerds at Number 10: HK Hooray! | Feb 2, 2015
- Chengdu MuseumOur first full day in Chengdu, we ventured out to the Sichuan museum. It was much trickier to find with Google maps being blocked by the Chinese government, but luckily, two parking attendants and a random man who spoke English Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Jan 14, 2015
- All things must come to an end...DISCLAIMER – [i]This post, regarding the time elapsed between Monday, January 5 and Friday, January 9, was written solely by Natalie, due to the fact that the Kammerer sisters had returned to their respective countries of residence at the time Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Jan 11, 2015
- Pop the Cork and let the fun begin!!!After a relatively low-key day and a half in Killarney, we arrived in Cork on Friday afternoon. By this time, we had experienced two extremes of cities – the New York Cityish bustle of Dublin and the small-town-everything-shuts-down-for-a-relative Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Jan 6, 2015
- SantiagoI left a cold and gray but delightful Paris and headed for Santiago, Chile - another 12 hour overnight flight, this time on Air France. I guess it's no surprise that they win the prize for best food so, Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 15, 2014
- More snapshots of ParisMy French expat friend Evelyn gave me an extensive list of must-do's in Paris and this entry is largely in honor of her success in laying out some great recommendations.
First, I went down to the Jardin des Plantes in Paris.
But Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 7, 2014