Blog Entries tagged 'people'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'people'
- South Africa – 4 friends, a Mercedes, sharks and a 211m jumpWe made it to our hostel in Johannesburg a little disappointed – miles out of the way therefore a fortune in a taxi and no mod cons or wifi as we were expecting – nevertheless, it suited our biggest requirements Posted by moseyingmizuiks in Morning Coffee | May 1, 2013
- Before heading East[center][/center]
Driving across the rigors of remote territory and along paths that have rarely seen any person pass by in the last year, makes you wonder why Posted by TeamScrumptious in Mongolia 2014 (chasing the dream) | Apr 26, 2013
- Winding downThings have been a little less frenetic over the past couple of days but no less special despite this. I can't report on a huge number of tourist sites - although we had a special visit on Friday morning of Posted by dawnandhugh in Our Moveable Feast | Apr 21, 2013
- Des pieds et des mains
“Faire des pieds et des mains” – literally “to do feet and hands”, this French idiomatic sentence could be translated by “to move heaven and earth”.
Some of the Israeli readers will Posted by clemhadd in "Only real when shared" | Apr 18, 2013
- Private investigationsHere’s another lesson I learned in India: privacy is a VERY relative concept. For instance, I still remember when, on the way to Ladakh, i had to stop to register as a tourist. So there I was sitting at a Posted by clemhadd in "Only real when shared" | Jan 27, 2013
- The StareOn July 2012, 30th, at 2 a.m., I landed in Indira Gandhi International Airport. India being among the top destinations for Israelis, countless friends and acquaintances had warned and lectured me over and over again as to what to expect Posted by clemhadd in "Only real when shared" | Dec 18, 2012
- The pied piper in Binga?
Fridays here in Binga finish as early as 2pm in the office. During the hottest part of the day the volunteer group with partner organisation, Basilwizi, expected a leisurely Posted by Digglet in Binga district, Zimbabwe | Apr 17, 2013
- Apie tai, kad Rimui su jum ne pakeliui. You, sailing pussiesBiblijinis tvanas nesibaigė - jis vis dar vyksta. Taigi du gaublio trečdaliai vis dar po vandeniu, o sausumos krantai reikalingi tik tam, kad jachtos galėtų prie jų atplaukti. Visi, mėgstantys keliauti po burėmis, tai žino. Ir jie visi turi savo Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Apr 10, 2013
- The Parks of the North – Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake ManyaraOnce in Arusha our luggage was quickly unloaded and we carried it straight from the plane to the exit where a couple of guys with our name sign and a Toyota Landcruiser awaited us to take us to our hotel, Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Apr 8, 2013
- Jambo, Dar es Salaam and ZanzibarThe trip from India to Dar es Salaam in Tanzania was quite long and tiring. Given the fact that we travelled from Kerala in South India to Delhi first and then to Dar es Salaam via Dubai it took us Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Apr 8, 2013
- Africa – the “Dark Continent”In the olden days and even today many people referred to Africa as the “dark continent” since so little was known about it. Nowadays, this has obviously changed and many countries and locations in Africa are well known, relatively well Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Apr 8, 2013
- Gone again gone again jiggedy jigFriday the 29th couldn't come soon enough. The usual frantic finalising of work, home and suitcase was finished one minute before we left for the airport. When I say finished - missed by *that* much. I managed to leave Posted by jackyandgraham in South Am | Apr 6, 2013
- Kerala – God’s Own CountryOne of the nice things about India is the relatively bargain priced flights you can book between cities. Although we'd pretty much waited until the last minute, we were still able to find a reasonably priced flight from Kolkata to Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Mar 29, 2013
- Agra – Varanasi (Benares) – Kolkata (Calcutta)Agra
We were now leaving the state of Rajasthan and heading toward Uttar Pradesh where our first stop would be Agra. We didn't stop at any villages on the way but when we stopped for a drink late in the afternoon Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Mar 27, 2013
- In the Land of Kings and Hawkers - RajasthanFear not, I'm not planning on doing a step-by-step recounting of our tour. Instead I'll let the pictures do most of the talking and share some additional thoughts of each city and anything interesting on the way. The plan Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Mar 25, 2013
- A Journey to India - Namaskar, DelhiThe advertisements all say "Incredible India" and it's true. It's very difficult to describe because if you've never been you just cannot fathom the extremes and intensities of what you see and experience. Even though this was not Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Mar 24, 2013
- A day at homeToday was a day when we did very little but what we did was lovely. First may I take you back to last night when we went out for dinner. We'd been advised that things were busy and that we'd Posted by dawnandhugh in Our Moveable Feast | Mar 21, 2013
- Being A ForeignerFor the past two days I've walked around Blantyre city - to the markets, some restaurants, and a grocery store. I've also been getting a bit lost as there are few street signs. People here are very curious about me Posted by Analyst in Analyst in Malawi | Mar 21, 2013
- Helloooooooooo :)So, today it's the 1st of March (almost one month since I arrived here! wow, so fast!), and a couples days ago I came with the idea of starting a blog about my trip :) [that's thanks to Angela! -~thanks!!!!]. Posted by gisele.leon in Europe ♥ | Feb 28, 2013
- Ghalat 30 km northwest of Shiraz lies a village called Ghalat, embraced by a valley which is covered in gardens .several waterfalls ,old church, and remnants of old stone buildings has added to its beauty.
it is possible Posted by r.development in Shiraz | Feb 24, 2013
- London with a brief foray to DublinWe flew from Antalya to London, dirt cheap as previously mentioned, and were picked up in the middle of the night by our good friends, Michael and EJ.
I took few pictures because the weather for most of the week was Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Feb 22, 2013
- Quick look around BordeauxWith the beginning of new year Koldo´s hyperactivity lets know about itself and so he proposes the plan of massive invasions on nearby cities starting with Bordeaux. People´s response is really positive and soon after we are about 20 couchsurfers Posted by mukila in Mukila´s Little Big Adventures | Feb 20, 2013
- Good Bye, BangkokAfter our live aboard trip in the Andaman Sea we went back to Phuket for one night before we flew back to Bangkok. Unfortunately, while I escaped the stomach bug on the boat it hit me almost immediately after we Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Feb 20, 2013
- X-Mas Miami Style Don’t worry; I am not going to bore anybody with a long report about Christmas with the family so I’ll keep this short. We had decided a while ago to spend Christmas with Anna’s parents and brother Eddie in Miami Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Feb 15, 2013
- The Goat and the MermaidMermaid: I am sorry... didn't intend to bore you with all this....
Goat: How did you come to that conclusion?
Mermaid: I just thought. Why?
Goat: Then why be sorry for something you haven't done?
Mermaid: Awright! I am taking back my Posted by incommunicado in Conversations & Confessions Chronicles | Feb 13, 2013