Blog Entries tagged 'people'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'people'
- A confused Viper!Its been a while that I spoke to my Wolverine.
We both are Aquarians. But my Wolverine man is much more mature and level headed than me.
He knows where to draw the line.
Unlike the Viper... who does not know Posted by incommunicado in Conversations & Confessions Chronicles | Oct 2, 2013
- Peru – East and West of the AndesHaving never been to South America before it took a while before deciding that Peru would be our destination. Ultimately, it became a straight choice between the land of the Incas and Argentina but a closer look revealed that the Posted by david.byne in New Territory | Sep 29, 2013
- Miraflores and going to Bolivia [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/616829/2188F4962219AC68175B12C08850465 Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Peruvian adventure! | Sep 28, 2013
- Rio to Lima
Yesterday we had to get up at 1.30 am to catch our flight. I woke up sick a Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Peruvian adventure! | Sep 27, 2013
- Favela tour, almost hang gliding and samba club[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/616829/542889C92219AC68171368931F80E328.j Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Kirsty and Brad in Rio | Sep 25, 2013
- Fángzi (House)Our new mansion!
I have just moved into my third flat in 10 months of living here in Xiamen. My last flat was very good: a two bed apartment on the 21st floor in the middle of the city. Its really Posted by Melimei in Do what you love | Sep 22, 2013
- Bo Bing (Mooncake Gambling)Mooncake gambling is a tradition found only in Xiamen, and played during the mid-autumn festival.
It consists of a large bowl and 6 dice. Each player has a turn to roll the dice into the bowl, and then prizes are Posted by Melimei in Do what you love | Sep 20, 2013
- Long DistanceWe sometimes get so caught up in our own daily mundane routines that we tend to neglect even a simple "How was your day?" to the person who matters most to us. We sometimes let a day go by without Posted by GingerFerrer in Gingers' Corner | Sep 17, 2013
- Jinmen IslandWe visited Jinmen which is a small Island between Xiamen and Taiwan. Its name literally translates to 'Golden Gate'.
It is frequented by foreigners staying in China on a Tourist Visa that requires them to 'leave the country' every 90 Posted by Melimei in Do what you love | Sep 14, 2013
- Ulaanwhatnow?We arrived in Mongolia far too early on a crisp August morning - condensing breath and all - after a bit of an impromptu train vodka party the night before with some Americans who helped us finally finish the awful Posted by feeverte in Second Star to the Right | Sep 6, 2013
- First Impressions . . . 3 Sept. 2013
A first note from Mangwan-dong in Mapo-gu in Seoul, South Korea.
Welcome from ahjussi . . .
It was graduation day at Yonsei University, where I am taking my th Posted by honglk in Korea Summer 2013 | Sep 5, 2013
- Ninh BinhAfter another night in Hanoi, we hired a car to take us to Ninh Binh, roughly three hours away. We wanted to spend more time with Huyen, and to thank her for all she had done for us. Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Sep 4, 2013
- Making New Friends“Can I bleach your hair?” she asks me.
“Ah, nah, I’m good,” I say with a forced, carefree attitude along the lines of I would, but not today.
“Please? I have some left over. What about some highlights?” she asks with wide Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Sep 3, 2013
- Halong BayWe went out to Halong Bay for two days and a night, after booking with a small travel agency in old town, Hanoi. I would guess they all sell the same tours on various boats with slightly Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Aug 26, 2013
- Viper-o-logyI was back home after a lot of delays, cancelled tickets and curfews. Hiring a cab to be home was the last thing on my mind but I did not have too much to choose either. So that was it. Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Aug 20, 2013
- Viper-o-logyI was back home after a lot of delays, cancelled tickets and curfews. Hiring a cab to be home was the last thing on my mind but I did not have too much to choose either. So that was it. Posted by incommunicado in Conversations & Confessions Chronicles | Aug 20, 2013
- Entering the great imperial walled city of Xi'anWe rose early to have our breakfast in the buffet at the Overlook Hotel, said goodbye to Jack Torrance and the rest of the staff, and headed out the door to get to the airport for our 9:50. Oops...scratch Posted by Kwpres in A US History Teacher in Asia | Aug 20, 2013
- A full day in ChengduWe woke up at 6 and cracked the whip on the girls to make sure that we were downstairs for breakfast at 7 o'clock. Sandy was going to pick us up at 8 because he informed us that the Posted by Kwpres in A US History Teacher in Asia | Aug 18, 2013
- Next time i come here i may never leave (Part 1)Its hard to believe that i have had two weeks here. It both feels like a lot longer and that it has gone in a flash. One thing is for sure thought, i love this city and will try my Posted by Johnny257 in Heading North | Aug 17, 2013
- Hanoi We have spent four busy, fascinating, days in Hanoi sightseeing and getting to know several local people. This vibrant but polluted city, is a mix of stately, yellow, French colonial houses in various states of repair, a few Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Aug 17, 2013
- Chengdu: It feels like the Chicago of ChinaAt this point, I think it's proper to give a tip of the hat to Larry and Qin Herzberg. Their "China Survival Guide" was full of "heads up" issues that the new traveler to China should be aware of. Posted by Kwpres in A US History Teacher in Asia | Aug 17, 2013
- D' Angelo hotel (Tacloban)Hotel/Resort name: D'Angelo hotel
Booking Year: 2011, 2012
Price: from 750 PHP
Staff service: Very good
Standard rooms: Good and clean, noisy the one on the road side.
Hot sh Posted by Odd-Arne in Hotel and Resort Review | Aug 17, 2013
- Loboc River Resort (Bohol)Hotel/Resort name: Loboc River Resort
Booking Year: 2012
Price: from 3000 PHP
Staff service: Good
Standard rooms: Good and clean
Hot shower water: Yes
Lobo Posted by Odd-Arne in Hotel and Resort Review | Aug 17, 2013
- Captain's Log: Stardate 16-8-2013 SupplimentalOk, no pics on this one. We are waiting for our flight to Chengdu and it's late "due to air traffic congestion."
So, let's have a little fun on the "small game." A phony Q & A session. Posted by Kwpres in A US History Teacher in Asia | Aug 16, 2013
- Xia Jian Guilin, Ni Hao NanningWe knew that there was a lot of excitement that had been generated over the last few days and the girls needed some rest. They both slept through most of the outdoor show, which was a shame, and so Posted by Kwpres in A US History Teacher in Asia | Aug 12, 2013