Blog Entries tagged 'people'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'people'
- Tranquilo? Tranquilo.Tranquilo? Tranquilo. This is a password you shold keep in mind when coming here and not being from tropics. Rule number 1.
Even now when I am sitting in an internet cafe in Baeza waiting for a not coming email Posted by Ef in Tranquilo, we are in Ecuador | Nov 7, 2012
- Snapshots from the back of beyondThe title says it all really. These are some of the most memorable moments from our travels to Kyrgyzstan and Vietnam in last few months. Enjoy...
[i][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/417422/14_08_2012.._Kyrgyzstan.jpg caption=Big weather approach Posted by jparsons in Parsons on Tour | Nov 3, 2012
- Apie tai, kaip kiaulienos į Nidą plaukėm[[http://www.lkrt.lt/regatos/parselio-regata/|Paršelio Regata]] šiemet - vienas ryškesnių renginių SCORPIO buriavimo sezone 2012.
Vegetarų ten nebuvo.
Savaitgalis gavosi tokio ryškumo, kad jokio teksto apie jį nebus, nes galvoje liko palaimingai tuščia Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Oct 15, 2012
- Indra Jatra and the Living goddessThis day was far too hard to put into writing so I made a film of of it instead...... and what a crazy, fun and exciting day it was too!!
Posted by Dannycae in Travel writings from far away places.... | Oct 13, 2012
- Floating Islands - PunoThe bus from Copacabana to Lima is a long 27 hours in total, so to mix it up a little, I decided to give my legs a stretch and my bum a rest from sitting for the duration, & to Posted by Chelseakeeler6 in Around the World, Around the World!!! | Oct 11, 2012
- Ireland - home of my ancestorsOur time in Ireland was spent in Cobh (pronounced Cove), a little town on Great Island in Cork Harbour. It felt very strange to be here. As a child Ireland featured largely in my catholic Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Oct 5, 2012
- Travel writings: The hellish journey is overTravel writings
So after nearly 40 hours, 3 take off and landings, 5268 miles (as the crow flies), 3 turkish evil eyes, a heart shaped stone, 150 cursing stares, 2 glasses of red wine, 8 beers, 3 Gin and Tonics, ZERO Posted by Dannycae in Travel writings from far away places.... | Oct 3, 2012
- The Scotsman Trying to Get Home (so he says...)I was walking up Park Lane today, heading to get a Martini at the Grosvenor House Hotel, an attempt to try and shake off the emotion of Harrod's when the Scotsman stopped me.
Now, I should probably explain what the "emotion Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Sep 29, 2012
- BACK IN TIME Everyday as I cross the stretch from Chandamri to Guwahati Club, my head turns to the right robotically when I pass by the place what at one point used to be my home, my playground.
It is a strange feeling, Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Sep 26, 2012
- How to be CanadianDe taal
Les 1: “those” → “them”
Where did you see those horses? FOUT
Where did you see them horses? GOED
Les 2: “it” → “her”
Did you get it done? FOUT
Did you get her done? GOED
Les 3: “Eh”
Hieronder volgt een ext Posted by Liesbeth1986 in Liesbeth in Canada | Sep 22, 2012
- Eastern EuropeWhen I traveled overland through Central Asia (or ‘The Stans’) last year I realized I’d been to all but 4 of the former SSRs and so this trip was very much about visiting the last few and getting a sense Posted by carlswall in 2wyvernsonmychest | Aug 27, 2012
- East Timor, Sulawesi and SumatraHello from the lovely (and superbly named) mountain town of Bukittinggi, I've just received confirmation that after several months traveling in archipelago based nations I will be happy to leave planes and boats behind for far easier overland travel. Afte Posted by carlswall in 2wyvernsonmychest | Nov 2, 2009
- Last days - they are short daysLast days are running fast.
Packing and some meetings, last talks, preparation and stuff.
(We) came to say hello (and thanks!) to Monika and Gerhard. I missed a moment to take their photo in the villa Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Sep 11, 2012
- The tale of two cities....After a few dodgy wireless internet connections at the hotels we have been staying at recently, we decided to pop in to an internet cafe to write a quick blog post. I have now typed out that first line 3 Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Sep 16, 2012
- When in Penang....Malaysia Continued. . . .
Penang awaits! Once off the plane, Ken rushes off to the Air Asia lost and found desk and gives them all the details of our camera in the hope that some kind person would hand it Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Sep 10, 2012
- Jay's TavernBrenda and family spent Thursday afternoon at Jay's Tavern, visiting and enjoying their new patio, that overlooks the Soughegan River. Brenda, Chris and Carrie in the background and Odis a Posted by scoconino in Sue and Brenda Do Europe | Sep 7, 2012
- Scotland - west coastOur holiday started in Glasgow. So far so good. As we were waiting to collect our luggage Chas actually said to me that this is his most anxious time when traveling. And guess Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Sep 6, 2012
- Puerto GalleraGradually sloping beaches – with the terrain ranging from powder white sand to grainy dark sand to smooth stones to rough coral rubble – comprise a large chunk of the island’s 25 thousand hectares. And while the Department of Tourism’s Posted by louisebunch in puerto gallera | Aug 24, 2012
- My Even more belated 2nd Post From Korea
Man it's been like 2 months since my last blog entry....damn sorry again. I've been very busy with teaching and plus I've just been super lazy when it comes to updating my blog. This blog Posted by hazeleyez130 in Karen ♥'s Korea | Aug 21, 2012
- "Polskaaaa-bought-a-chair-for-me"So the day had arrived, match day!
The relaxation of the previous day was over, we were prepped and psyched for the chaos which no doubt awaited us in Gdansk. Everything had been so calm in Leba, ahead of us Posted by LynMoo in Shoes off for the Boys in Green! | Aug 20, 2012
Now that you are no more; I try to read between the lines.
As your pyre was torched, I recalled my first encounter with death. It was Koka’s and I was a kid. By no means I could comprehend why Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Aug 17, 2012
- Chain ReactionIt was fairly late when Aditi returned home form the studio. There wasn’t a single star twinkling and the moon played hide and seek amidst the clouds. Stillness prevailed in the air and it made the weather all the muggier. Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Aug 17, 2012
- Poland - and there's moreReligion (Catholicism in particular) plays an important role in the lives of many Poles. There are at least 11 churches just in the Old Town. It is not uncommon to find lovely grottos as you Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Aug 7, 2012
- Happy Birthday In the BackcountryDay 5: Happy Birthday Justin
Happy Birthday Justin! 36 years old!!
I started this page at 6:30 a.m. and the only one awake. I’d hung up a happy birthday on crepe paper banner between the tre Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 4, 2012
- Arriving to TbilisiWe arrived to Tbilisi
Posted by FilipK in Gruzja 2012 | Aug 3, 2012