Blog Entries tagged 'people'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'people'
In Bhutan, each region has its own annual festival, tied in with the lunar calendar. My trip to Bhutan was designed to have a couple of days at the country’s largest – th Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Sep 28, 2015
- Costa Rica Group Bird Walk & Reunion!Today I led several people on a private Oak Park Bird Walk and then we met up with others back at our house for a reunion of the group with which I traveled to Costa Rica this past summer. It Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Sep 27, 2015
- A Fantastic Week of Fall Birding!Although I was very busy with school and my choir this week, I actually managed a decent amount of birding, also, taking advantage of this being the heart of fall songbird migration.
Wednesday morning was a "late arrival" morning for my Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Sep 26, 2015
- Traveling With A Disability Traveling With A Disability ought not to prevent you from traveling, but rather an opportunity to attempt distinctive travel choices. The three key difficulties to go with a disability are - transport, toilets and convenience. We will give you Trus Posted by remisame in Travel,Tips, Advice and Hints | Sep 26, 2015
- Ika-somenIka-somen is a dish that is most famous in Hakodate, Hokkaido. The word somen is referred to a common type of noodles in Japanese cuisine made of wheat flour and Ika means squid. So if transliterated correctly Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 20, 2015
- Genghis KhanYou probably heard of Genghis Khan before; the leader of the once all powerful mighty empire of Mongol. However, in Hokkaido, Genghis Khan is a name of a popular food. This dish resembles yakiniku but instead of beef, Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 19, 2015
- Up to the Sun and the Surf
It has been such an enjoyable day today, with loads of interesting things to see. In theory it should have been a hard days driving (for Nigel at least as it was his turn today) but des Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 13, 2015
- My first 3 days!I had started writing something very lengthy and wonderful and it never saved, so that is why this is my first post since I have arrived in Lima. I was very frustrated and have since calmed down.
My journey to Lima Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Sep 3, 2015
- BARGI DAM......Location : Bargi Dam is located on the Jabalpur - Nagpur NH - 7 highway. About 40 kms / 45 mins. from Jabalpur city, Tourist Destination Bargi Dam is built on Narmada river. Tourists can enjoy water-sports in Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Sep 1, 2015
- Halong Bay TravelPLAN YOUR HALONG BAY VACATION
A visit to the north is not complete without a trip to Halong Bay, where placid waters give way to more than 3,000 limestone karsts and wind-sculpted limestone formations jut from foggy lagoons. Dotting the bay Posted by Kiên in Vietnam Travel Blog | Sep 1, 2015
- An Untouched Paradise
We awoke at 4am for a 5am trip to our boat. Needless to say we were zonked. The jeep tripped ended up being a crammed affair. There were seven of us and the driver in the jeep…they t Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Aug 20, 2015
- Trinidad, CubaHostal Margaritas, Trinidad
Picture postcard cute, Trinidad is an almost fully intact colonial city of about 30,000. It feels a bit like San Cristobal de Las Casas in Mexico, with hills and cobblestone streets. Of course, that was close Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Aug 14, 2015
- Paella cooking class
After very little sleep due to loud roommates we had a late start to the morning. We were both awake around 10ish but the rest of the room was still asleep so we thought we would be nice and not Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 8, 2015
- Lifting a burden off my shoulders puts a weight on my chestMy uncle asked me how I was doing. I told him the side of the story that was worth sharing: I was doing fine, and I do have plans for the future. There is some work for me waiting near Posted by Porridge in Porridge Blog | Aug 6, 2015
- Goodbye Australia[center][/center]
There were tears - more than I expected - as I said goodbye to the place I have called home for the last year.
'Straya has been a real mix of tricks - each location h Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Aug 3, 2015
- Scootering Around...Our Final Days In NicaraguaWe left on the 7.30am chicken bus bound for Rivas feeling drained from our time in Granada. Travelling through Central America has really taken it's toll on us compared to when we travelled through Europe via train. This Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Aug 2, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part XI....CITY !!Leh , was the capital of the Himalayan kingdom of Ladakh, now the Leh district in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. Leh district. The town is dominated by the ruined Leh Palace, the former mansion of the Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 31, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part X....Summers....
[img=http://phot Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 28, 2015
- Different People, Different Standards...
==Hello fellow travelers!==
Until this very day, we've been telling you day-by-day what's been going on in our lives since we decided to leave Holland and start our amateurish journey. Posted by Porridge in Porridge Blog | Jul 20, 2015
- Cinque Terre
We left Florence at 8am heading for the Italian Riviera. Some of Italy’s most dramatic coastline. The 18km stretch is named after its five tiny villages – Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso. Don’t quote me but Cinque Terre means Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 20, 2015
- Florance So we left Siena heading for Florence, it took about 1.5 hours on the bus. Now for the previous 2 bus rides we had been hearing about this great night out in Florence, how it is a must do. So Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 15, 2015
- Book 7: Cuba, Southern Italy, GreeceFOR MY FAITHFUL READERS, IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME, BUT HERE IS THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF VAGABONDING AT 60. Please note the dates. As per usual I am writing this back in my home in beautiful, at this time Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jul 11, 2015
- Italian Adventure Day 2
We all had to be at reception by 8am as we were catching the ferry to Capri and the day was ours to do as we pleased. The ferry left from the bottom of the camping ground, which was at Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 6, 2015
- Italian Adventure day1
So we left Ancona heading for Rome, we arrived at 6pm and basically had a quite dinner with Becky and Courtney. We said our goodbyes again, this was the second time and we went to bed. Not much sleep was Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 6, 2015
- columbo to jaffna by roadColumbo to Jaffna by Road
Got up early today the driver arrived on time around eight in the morning . I had my trip planned by the staff at the Regent Hotel it is an eight day road journey Posted by Anuj Tikku in Tikku's Travelthon | Jun 28, 2015