Blog Entries tagged 'people'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'people'
- Gone again gone again jiggedy jigFriday the 29th couldn't come soon enough. The usual frantic finalising of work, home and suitcase was finished one minute before we left for the airport. When I say finished - missed by *that* much. I managed to leave Posted by jackyandgraham in South Am | Apr 6, 2013
- Kerala – God’s Own CountryOne of the nice things about India is the relatively bargain priced flights you can book between cities. Although we'd pretty much waited until the last minute, we were still able to find a reasonably priced flight from Kolkata to Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Mar 29, 2013
- Agra – Varanasi (Benares) – Kolkata (Calcutta)Agra
We were now leaving the state of Rajasthan and heading toward Uttar Pradesh where our first stop would be Agra. We didn't stop at any villages on the way but when we stopped for a drink late in the afternoon Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Mar 27, 2013
- In the Land of Kings and Hawkers - RajasthanFear not, I'm not planning on doing a step-by-step recounting of our tour. Instead I'll let the pictures do most of the talking and share some additional thoughts of each city and anything interesting on the way. The plan Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Mar 25, 2013
- A Journey to India - Namaskar, DelhiThe advertisements all say "Incredible India" and it's true. It's very difficult to describe because if you've never been you just cannot fathom the extremes and intensities of what you see and experience. Even though this was not Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Mar 24, 2013
- A day at homeToday was a day when we did very little but what we did was lovely. First may I take you back to last night when we went out for dinner. We'd been advised that things were busy and that we'd Posted by dawnandhugh in Our Moveable Feast | Mar 21, 2013
- Being A ForeignerFor the past two days I've walked around Blantyre city - to the markets, some restaurants, and a grocery store. I've also been getting a bit lost as there are few street signs. People here are very curious about me Posted by Analyst in Analyst in Malawi | Mar 21, 2013
- Helloooooooooo :)So, today it's the 1st of March (almost one month since I arrived here! wow, so fast!), and a couples days ago I came with the idea of starting a blog about my trip :) [that's thanks to Angela! -~thanks!!!!]. Posted by gisele.leon in Europe ♥ | Feb 28, 2013
- Ghalat 30 km northwest of Shiraz lies a village called Ghalat, embraced by a valley which is covered in gardens .several waterfalls ,old church, and remnants of old stone buildings has added to its beauty.
it is possible Posted by r.development in Shiraz | Feb 24, 2013
- London with a brief foray to DublinWe flew from Antalya to London, dirt cheap as previously mentioned, and were picked up in the middle of the night by our good friends, Michael and EJ.
I took few pictures because the weather for most of the week was Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Feb 22, 2013
- Quick look around BordeauxWith the beginning of new year Koldo´s hyperactivity lets know about itself and so he proposes the plan of massive invasions on nearby cities starting with Bordeaux. People´s response is really positive and soon after we are about 20 couchsurfers Posted by mukila in Mukila´s Little Big Adventures | Feb 20, 2013
- Good Bye, BangkokAfter our live aboard trip in the Andaman Sea we went back to Phuket for one night before we flew back to Bangkok. Unfortunately, while I escaped the stomach bug on the boat it hit me almost immediately after we Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Feb 20, 2013
- X-Mas Miami Style Don’t worry; I am not going to bore anybody with a long report about Christmas with the family so I’ll keep this short. We had decided a while ago to spend Christmas with Anna’s parents and brother Eddie in Miami Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Feb 15, 2013
- The Goat and the MermaidMermaid: I am sorry... didn't intend to bore you with all this....
Goat: How did you come to that conclusion?
Mermaid: I just thought. Why?
Goat: Then why be sorry for something you haven't done?
Mermaid: Awright! I am taking back my Posted by incommunicado in Conversations & Confessions Chronicles | Feb 13, 2013
- The Goat and the MermaidMermaid: You sound so formal!
Goat: Does whiskey make me un-formal?
Mermaid: Whiskey makes everyone good!
Goat: So you're good now?
Mermaid: I am always good...sensible...and whiskey makes me interesting! Haven't you realized that?
Goa Posted by incommunicado in Conversations & Confessions Chronicles | Feb 13, 2013
- Nongkai – the “Visa Run City”If you follow our blog you might remember that I mentioned a rather strange encounter we had in Nongkai. Actually, it took place while having dinner at the Thai-Chinese restaurant where we had dinner after we arrived in Nongkai. While Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Feb 5, 2013
- boating & fishing adventures in Calderitas ===I only have to bike 20mins to get to a supermarket and Cinema which has a few films in English. It's delightful here. Restaurants along the sea front smell delicious. Right in front of the Yaxha campsite you have a Posted by Rose in Mexico in Enchanting Mexico | Jan 30, 2013
- Biking from Xpujil to Chetumal I left Xpujil at around 9 am, I had become quite attached to my little cabin, with it's shafting light coming through the cracks in the wooden walls and huge fan above my head keeping me cool. I hopped on Posted by Rose in Mexico in Enchanting Mexico | Jan 25, 2013
- Exploring Thailand’s Heartland–Isaan and the Central PlainsWe’ve come to Thailand for several years now and have been here probably more than 10 times but we have never visited the center of Thailand and the most populous of all regions, Isaan. Isaan, or the Northeast, is also Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Jan 23, 2013
- Past Perfect (is but bittersweet)I read somewhere that "if someone made you happy in the past, don't regret it".
It's a simple line, easy to follow.
It also made me sit back and think.
About all the things and people who have made me happy Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Jan 15, 2013
- BuinskWhere to start!
The past month and a half has been very busy and very awesome! I'll catch you all up to date on what's been going on in Kazan the next couple days. Today you get to learn about our Posted by robinx18 in From Columbus to Kazan | Jan 14, 2013
- Good bye USASorry everyone who has been reading up on my blog I have not written a post for a long time but, you know I have come back from the US and it has been a whole year now, My experience Posted by shantanukul in American Holidays | Jan 11, 2013
- welcome to iceland
journeying to iceland is something everyone should do at least once in their lifetimes if nature and a love for geology are things close to your hearts.
the country is a wonderland fo Posted by icecoldland in Ice Cold Land | Jan 2, 2013
- BergamaWe arrived here, at the Odyssey Guesthouse in Bergama, in a downpour which continued for most of the day. We did laundry, and more or less hung out, reading the copy of the Odyssey that was in every room. Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jan 1, 2013
- Homeward Bound.Having left the beauty of Colorado and the Rocky Mountains behind us we were truly on the last leg of our 'Epic Adventures' as we set down in San Francisco for a 2 night stopover before looping back to LA Posted by LynMoo in The Epic Adventures of LynMoo | Dec 30, 2012