Blog Entries tagged 'people'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'people'
- It's About the JourneyThere are not many better places to write in this world. I’m sitting on a log with trees around me, a deep blue sky, a lake in the background, no noise except our voices.
One thing I haven’t w Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 2, 2012
- Upward & Onward to Hidden LakeDay 3:
We were leaving our camp with packs full to hike to Hidden Lake. A trail would lead to a cutoff just past the stream, then we’d head off up over the hill with no trail (Donner Party?). We Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 31, 2012
- Backpacking in Inyo -Day 2Day 2 of our trip and we are finally going to hike.
We were supposed to be camping by the Cottonwood Creek but now are just there. Justin left the party before us with his boys and met Elias and Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 30, 2012
- The beginning of the end.....of our livers.Our Poland adventure really began about 7 months before our flight touched down in Munich in June 2012, and as most great ideas are, it was born in a pub! Ireland were playing the first leg of the European playoffs Posted by LynMoo in Shoes off for the Boys in Green! | Jul 29, 2012
- Made the TrailheadSo we are back and it is hard to think about the real world now. Fortunately I wrote while gone otherwise it would be too difficult to go Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 29, 2012
- Ridin the greyhound into Atlanta My experience on the greyhound (the US national bus service) was one that shall not be forgotten quickly. I arrived at the Washington terminal 2 hours ahead of my scheduled bus, not wanting to fall foul of greyhounds advice to Posted by wavell.blades in Trip across America...and back again! | Jul 26, 2012
- MykonosAlcohol-induced memory loss is making this blog entry a little difficult! The island is famed for its nightlife and didn't disappoint. What we weren't told is that the island is full of crazy Australians. In fact, I don't think I Posted by elisaalston in Not all those who wander are lost... | Jul 26, 2012
- Finally On the Way to the Sierra'sWow, we are finally on the road and true to form only 4 hours late!
So we 1st had Elias and Charlotte divide out the food between the 4 of us, setting stuff by the each of our packs. When Justi Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 24, 2012
- In the capitalAt the start of day 4 I was ready to leave new York- not that there's anything wrong with the city, I like it a lot; it's 24 hour, you can buy anything, do anything it's great- its just that Posted by wavell.blades in Trip across America...and back again! | Jul 20, 2012
- Planning the Food for the Backpack TripLast night Camilo and Justin came for dinner and to discuss the upcoming hike. I’d started mapping out meals in preparation for our talk. (Just like a mom?)
Camilo thought that he and his boys would just have bologna or peanut Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 17, 2012
- Wologai Welcome to Wologai village! (established 8 generations ago.)
We stumbled upon a ritual to initiate and place the cornerstone for the 8th traditional house in the ancestral village.
Sacri Posted by mjschrum in Java Junkie | Jul 11, 2012
- AarhusTuesday 3 July:
Finally ... arrived in Copenhagen early (approx. 7.30am) at international Terminal 3 and collected our luggage. From our previous visits to DK we knew we had to transfer to the domestic terminal Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Jul 13, 2012
- Trip to Philippines 2012 Part 1===Before the trip:===
To day 30.06.2012 Is it just a week left to my trip to Philippines and I beginning to pack a little and see what I am going to take whit me on the trip. Since the suitcase can't Posted by Odd-Arne in My travels around the world | Jul 9, 2012
- GreeceTomorrow (well tonight, as i have to leave the house at 1am for a 6am flight), I am off to Greece. Having lost my suitcase already - I left it on a train back from London on Saturday as a Posted by elisaalston in Not all those who wander are lost... | Jul 9, 2012
- A Birthday on the Road to Grover Hot SpringsGrandkids trips take a huge amount of planning, at least in order to save as much money as possible. We plan meals and most activities before hand and go to the store with huge lists in hand. This Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 8, 2012
- The week we left our hearts in San Francisco ==Auckland stopover
We were completely zonked when we arrived in Auckland for a brief pit stop en route to the United States. Luckily we had booked a flashy hotel and let me tell you, the wonders of a bit of comfort Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Jul 8, 2012
- Swimming in the RVThe camping trip is upon up us, we leave this afternoon and hopefully not hours later than planned, us being Dale and I plus 3 granddaughters and the daughter of our Belgium friend.
Our grands Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 3, 2012
- The End of Bangkok, and on to PhanganI didn't realize how long it had been since I posted, because I'm having too much fun! For our last night in Bangkok, we hung out with our new friend from Edmonton. We went to her hostel, met everyone that Posted by geoffboulton in SE Asia Trip | Jul 2, 2012
- SucreWe headed for Sucre after one night in Uyuni. We had to get a bus from Uyuni to Potosi which is a small mining town just south of Sucre. Some people decided to stop off there for a night or Posted by Chelseakeeler6 in Around the World, Around the World!!! | Jun 30, 2012
- Bangkok Days 3 and 4Thursday night was the first time we went out except for when we first arrived. We went to Khao San Road, the backpackers quarter, which is where all the hostels are. We went to a bar with the girl Posted by geoffboulton in SE Asia Trip | Jun 30, 2012
- Day 66 - Tunnel Creek to Cable BeachToday was the day of our Tunnel creek walk. I'd been looking forward to this since I first read the itinerary. The notion of a creek flowing all the way through a limestone mountain, carving a tunnel large enough to Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jun 29, 2012
- Day 65 - Curlews, ant bums and Windjana GorgeWe woke to another cloudless sky. This run of fine days has been such a pleasant contrast to the first half of our trip...but doesn't do anything to lay the dust.
Karen cooked pancakes for breakfast to give us all some Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jun 29, 2012
- Day 64 - Manning GorgeI'm writing this entry using fragmented notes so it may not be a complete record of the day. If any of my fellow passengers want to add or correct anything then please feel free to comment.
As we left our bush Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jun 28, 2012
- (3) Going For A WalkThe first day that I was in Sydney I went for a long walk, get to know my surroundings so to speak. I had looked at maps and guide books briefly so I knew where I was to an extent. Posted by Dominic_1989 in Australia | Jun 27, 2012
- First Stop: London
London is where I spent my teenage years. So, it's home.
Before I head off for all the fun and food of the US of A, I'm going to pay my parents a very, ver Posted by moshimoshineko in ENTROPY | Jun 26, 2012