Blog Entries tagged 'people'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'people'
- Orland GrasslandYesterday I birded Orland Grasslands South near Orland Park in southern Cook County, Illinois. I decided to go because the preserve hosts many quality breeding birds, and it was forecast to be a pleasantly cool day in the upper 60's Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 8, 2016
- Canadian Rockies Bimble - Highways and FerriesIf you are a motorcyclist, or even if you are not, but appreciate good empty roads, then I can't recommend these enough. I don't think I've ever ridden anywhere and seen less cars, houses, towns or better road surfaces.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | Jun 7, 2016
- 3 days of summer birding!This post is for three awesome days of birding in my first week of summer: Thursday, June 2 - Saturday, June 4.
THURSDAY, JUNE 2:
A pair of rare Hudsonian Godwits, a large species of shorebird, had been reported at a random Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jun 5, 2016
- A Suk for an Old Souk..!!Thursday 2/6/2016..An easy & relaxed day today..Well.!!.I am on holiday..!?!?.
Caught an Abra (ferry boat) across the Dubai Creek for 2 dirhams, to an area named the "Old Souk" in the Deira district..It's a colourful old traditional market area where hun Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 2, 2016
- Canadian Rockies Bimble - The Okanagan Valley"I moved here In 1996 from Grimsby". Then, as the rain started to fall again. " This is really unusual, it only rains here ten days a year". We had already experienced two of those days and the Okanagan Valleys Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | Jun 1, 2016
- Miller Meadows Bird Walk & Columbus ParkToday, I led a bird walk at Miller Meadows Forest Preserve in Maywood, IL and then did a bit of birding in Columbus Park, IL.
Eight birders showed up for the bird walk, which turned out to be quite productive. The Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 31, 2016
- Canadian Rockies Bimble - The road to HopeBike collected and the first day on the road...to Hope.
For film buffs and Rambo fans (not necessarily the same thing) you will have seen Hope, but it may have been pretending to be somewhere else. [b]The first Rambo was filmed Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | May 30, 2016
- Piping Plover, Part 2!Today, the last day of my Memorial Day weekend in Michigan with my aunt Mary and uncle Mory, my uncle and I drove to Muskegon State Park again in hopes of getting more photos of the Piping Plovers nesting on Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 30, 2016
- Worm-eatingToday I birded with my Uncle Mory at the Allegan State Game Area in southwest Michigan in search of a few target warblers. We were hoping to find Cerulean, Prothonotary, Hooded, and Blue-winged Warblers, with our main goal being a Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 29, 2016
- Canadian Rockies BimblePerhaps I should begin with an explanation. If you have never heard of the term, I should explain Bimbling[b][/b]
The Oxford English Dictionary defines it as A Leisurely Journey
The Collins English Dictionary as [b]To wander aimlessly, Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | May 29, 2016
- Oak Park Bird Walk & Piping Plover!Today, before my family and I drove to Michigan, I led a bird walk starting from my house at 7:00am - the final neighborhood bird walk of the spring (although I have three more walks scheduled to take place in Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 28, 2016
- Oak Park Migrants & Miller Meadows Bird WalkHooray! I am FINALLY done with school for the year - this extremely hectic sophomore year is over!
We are nearing the end of spring migration; however, there is still a good amount of birds coming through and we are in Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 27, 2016
- Cities of the SaharaHeading into the Mauritanian Sahara, I had to pass through a few unavoidable cities and towns. The region's central city is a garrison town and administrative centre, and nothing worth talking about. However, there were a few other places.
[float=left][i Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | May 25, 2016
- Springbrook PrairieToday (Sunday, May 22) I led a private bird walk at Springbrook Prairie Forest Preserve in Naperville, Illinois. It was a beautiful day in the lower 70's with completely sunny skies, and the expansive, rolling grassland landscape of the preserve Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 22, 2016
- May 16 - 18: Montrose and More!This is another recap post from this Monday - Wednesday, which were three more great days of birding during pretty much the peak of bird migration through northeast Illinois.
MONDAY, MAY 16:
I was excused from 1st through 3rd period on Monday, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 20, 2016
- May 9 - May 15: Migration Madness!I am a bit behind in posting due to a crazy schedule, but this is the recap post of what is usually the most productive week of birding of the entire year in northeast Illinois: the second weak of May! Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 17, 2016
- May 4 - May 8: Marvelous Migration!!!The last few days have been absolutely fantastic for migrant songbirds and other avian specialties coming through the Oak Park area. This post covers five days, so it will be split up day-by-day like my last post. For anybody reading Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 8, 2016
- ZipoliteAfter an enjoyable week in Oaxaca and surrounds we headed off to the coast. Rather than an 8 hour bus ride on windy mountain roads, we opted to take a small plane to Huatulco and then hired a cab Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | May 8, 2016
- Finding FukuokaIn this entry, the blog will cover a quick glimpse of the city of Fukuoka, located in the Kyushu region. I feel that the Kyushu region as a whole is not given too much attention/exposure among the international travel crowd. Posted by canglingy in The Chronicles of Ling :) | May 7, 2016
- April 25 - May 1: Many, Many Birds!Migration has now hit northern Illinois in full swing! I have seen a huge number of birds recently, just haven't had the time to post about them due to the AP psychology exam and other school and musical obligations!
Since this Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 4, 2016
- Excursions from OaxacaAfter a few days of wandering the streets of Oaxaca, we were ready to go a little further afield. We went on a day trip into the Sierra Norte with a small tour group to the Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | May 4, 2016
- Mexico and New MexicoThis winter was different. Instead of our usual travels we decided to go closer to home in consideration of a possible move from upstate New York. The Mexican portion of the trip was the only "abroad" section and Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | May 1, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Printemps and Galeries LafayetteOn the hop-on-hop-off bus, we passed the Printemps store, and I decided that I would need to come back and see the shops later.
In the evening, I walked from the Opéra M Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Opéra de Paris (Palais Garnier)Leaving Église de la Madeleine in the afternoon, the hop-on-hop-off bus made it’s way along the Boulevard des Capucines to the Palais Garnier, home of Opéra de Paris. The façade is amazing! Unfortunately I didn’t have any tickets, Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Oak Park Bird Walk & Blackburnian Warbler!Today was an awesome day of spring migration! I managed to photograph many migrant birds which can be found very close to home in Oak Park. I LOVE migration because anything can show up anywhere!
Just before leading an Oak Park Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Apr 24, 2016