Blog Entries tagged 'people'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'people'
- ON A BULLET YATRAIt took me four months to finally meet the person from the virtual world to the real and it was worth the wait. Meet Dhruv Dholakia, the man on a soulful journey, On A Bullet Yatra ; to be more Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Feb 15, 2016
- Gull Frolic, Upcoming Recital, & Plans for 2016!Long time no see! It is turning out to be my busiest, most hectic semester EVER and only just yesterday (Saturday, February 12) did I go birding proper for the FIRST time in 2016, as unbelievable as that sounds! More Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Feb 13, 2016
- ADIÓS A NUEVA ESCOCIAHoy es el día, en unas pocas horas regresaré a México. Qué puedo decir, tuve el tiempo de mi vida. Tengo dieciséis años (casi diecisiete) y ahora gracias a esta gran oportunidad de estudiar en el extranjero en el lugar Posted by The Journalist in The Journalist | Feb 1, 2016
- The end of the first semester It’s almost the end of the second semester. The final exam is on next week. And I have been acted as a foreign correspondent for half years. I have learned a lot from all those months. I learned how to Posted by zhaoyajian1998 in NSISPFC | Jan 28, 2016
- BACKPACKERS HOTEL MUMBAIGERMAN BOY IN MUMBAI ( BACKPACKERS SHARING STAY )
German backpacker in mumbai Posted by sharingstay in BACKPACKERS HOTEL MUMBAI | Jan 20, 2016
- Udupi UtsavaPost from April'13
We are living in an age where we can travel around the globe. In fact we can travel to the moon and back. But in a little quiet town (well known for its br Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jan 18, 2016
- Tales of A Travelling Photographer[float=right][/float] At 32 years old, when this adventure started, I had come to a cross roads. Do I continue at my then current job, which I dreaded waking up for every single morning or do I take a chance at Posted by LotusFlower in Tales of A Travelling Photographer | Jan 16, 2016
- PaleochoraThe next morning we set out for Paleochora, following the same route we had taken to Elafonisi two days earlier. This time, instead of stopping at the cave church we went for a walk in the gorge, until we Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jan 4, 2016
- 2 Rarities to End the Year & 2015 RecapThis post will be split up into two parts; the first part being the usual narrative & photos of the day and the second being my birding recap of 2015. Hope you enjoy it, and have a happy New Year!
Today Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 31, 2015
- 2015's Owl FinaleAs 2015, the Year of the Owl, is about to come to a close, today's birding yielded a grand finale of sorts to a truly astounding year for owls. Today my Uncle Mory, his friend Bruce, and I drove back Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 30, 2015
- Day 78 - Kalbarri Rescue CrewWe left Denham early today and headed for Monkey Mia to participate in the dolphin feedings. Despite the early hour and how far away from everything it is, there was quite a crowd. The odds were pretty slim of being Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jul 7, 2012
- The Year of the Owl Delivers AgainThis owl-tastic year just keeps getting better and better! My former nemesis and now second-favorite bird, the Great Gray Owl, put on a fabulous show today at the world-famous Sax-Zim Bog!
Today my uncle Mory, his friend Bruce, and I criss-crossed Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 29, 2015
- Day 75 & 76 - The closest we got to a motorcycleWhen we arrived in Coral Bay last night the hostel staff cooked us hamburgers. It was nice not having to do the evening meal. They also gave everyone a ticket for a free drink but, oddly, you couldn't Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jul 4, 2012
- Buena Vista GrasslandsToday was the first day on my trip to Wisconsin and Minnesota with my birding aunt Mary and uncle Mory. After having lunch with my cousins Dave and Katie, my aunt, uncle, and I visited a beautiful preserve called Buena Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 27, 2015
- Udaipur....Venice of East !!Udaipur is a major city in the Indian state of Rajasthan. It is the historic capital of the kingdom of Mewar in the former Rajputana Agency. Maharana Udai Singh of the Sisodia clan of Rajputs founded the city in Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Dec 27, 2015
- Day 6: Return to a Chicago WinterYesterday, Saturday, December 19, was the sad day on a cruise called disembarkation. We were off the ship in the nine o'clock hour and took a taxi to the Fort Lauderdale airport to fly home.
I managed to squeeze in a Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Day 4: At SeaThursday was another day at sea; however, the ship increased its cruising speed due to an ill passenger on board and we pulled into our next port of call, Princess Cays, Bahamas, in the evening - even though we would Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Day 3: Grand Turk!On Wednesday, the Emerald Princess' port of call was Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands. Tuesday was a day at sea, so although it was extremely relaxing and enjoyable, there is nothing to post about for that day. Wednesday was Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Day 1: Emerald Princess!Yesterday I returned from a fantastic Caribbean cruise aboard the Emerald Princess. I will make one post for nearly every day (like I did for Costa Rica last summer), so here is day 1:
After taking an evening United Airlines flight Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Fun in the Cuban sun[center]Our flight from Cancun to Havana was slightly tainted with the worry of possibly having zero money. You see, Australian bank cards are difficult if not impossible to use in Cuba, through the advise of a friend, we each got Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Fun in the Cuban sun | Dec 17, 2015
- Rethymno, CreteA mid sized university town, Rethymno has an old section of narrows alleys and old houses, in various states of repair and disrepair.
We met a man in this Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 16, 2015
- Cruise!After seeing "Home Alone" (soundtrack courtesy of the CSO) at Symohony Center (see photo of my sister below), my family and I will be flying down to Florida tonight for a morning of birding tomorrow and then a Caribbean cruise Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 13, 2015
- Fun in the Cuban sunBefore I start this off, I would like to clarify the title. Although not actually impoverished, it is the only way I can describe this incredible, amazing, friendly, crazy, heartbreaking, beautiful place.
Crumbling buildings shoulder restored masterpiec Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Fun in the Cuban sun | Dec 8, 2015
- Modica and SurroundsThe next day, somewhat reluctantly, we left Siracusa, and made our way to Modica Alta. Once again our GPS failed us, and what should have taken about 1& 1/2 hours took at least twice that long. We ended Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 2, 2015
- Step Four: Holiday Special I of VMan, that took way too long!
Sorry for the late posts, but we have been on the road since the 2nd of November. And a lot of stuff happened over the past few weeks so we have to fill up the Posted by Tool Box in The first steps and beyond | Nov 30, 2015