Blog Entries tagged 'photography'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'photography'
- TranquebarAfter three days of furious temple gazing, we were more than ready for Tranquebar. This small town by the Indian Ocean began as a Danish trading port in the 1620's. The old Dutch Fort is still standing, a tawny Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 17, 2014
- Return to India: Temples of Trichy, Thanjavur, and KubakonamWe have been on a temple whirlwind. Flew from Colombo back to Madurai, and then a hot 2&1/2 hour bus ride to Tiruchirappalli, or as it is more commonly known, Trichy.
I Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 13, 2014
- Anuradhapura/NegomboAnuradhapura proved to be the most interesting of the ancient cities, as well as the oldest, dating to approximately 400 BC. The city was abandoned after an invasion some 1300 years later, and the jungle took over until the British Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 10, 2014
- SigiriyaAlthough we enjoyed the statues and paintings of Dambulla, it was Sigiyira that impressed us far more. Sticking out of the jungle by some 200 meters, the lions rock, as it is known, has been an ancient city Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 4, 2014
- Dambulla The next morning we went to the Dambulla Caves with Lalinda, an hour or two drive from Kandy. By the time we got there it was already quite hot, which continued for our entire visit to the cultural triangle. Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 1, 2014
- Creating your own travel photography website[b]Travelling to other parts of the globe or living in a different culture has its consequences. Not only does it expand your horizons but it stretches your mind and senses till they bulge and re-shape themselves, steaming and cooking in Posted by margaretm in Wherever life takes us | Oct 25, 2014
- Gallery of Europe [Part 3]Hey guys I know its been a while as me and Michelle have been busy on our Intrepid but I have finally managed to gather up some HDR images of our time in Prague, Cesky Krumlov and Vienna.
[b][[https://www.flickr.com/photos/65279968@N07/sets/72157648829 Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 18, 2014
- Gallery of Europe [Part 2]Hey guys, welcome to Gallery of Europe Part 2 where this pretty much covers the best images of our time in Germany plus the Austrian city of Salzburg using my favourite HDR (high dynamic range) photo processing techniques and with Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 1, 2014
- Less than a week awayStill doing a bunch of research and planning around where I want to go and what I want to see. Feeling a little overwhelmed at the number of stops I'm planning on this 2-week trip:
- Starting in Toronto and Posted by fotoguytoronto in Fotoguy's Travel | Sep 12, 2014
- MunnarWe are in another isolated place high in the Western Ghats, much greener, cooler, and more rugged than Wayanad. It is surrounded by tea plantations, cardamom fields and rocky peaks.
Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Aug 22, 2014
- The Beautiful Province of BatangasBatangas is one of the most popular destinations near Metro Manila, Philippines. The province has many excellent beaches and resorts to visit including Pico de Loro, which has a great resort and beach view, and Anilao, which has a great Posted by m_mendoza in A Day in The Life of Markeezy | Jul 18, 2014
- Photoblog: Wild Donegal[float=left]For a native of a cosy, leafy corner of suburban south Dublin, the remote wilderness of rural Co Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | Apr 27, 2014
- Some more of SantiagoGrève des Correos de Chile.
La boulangerie du coin.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/605716/large_DSC Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Apr 9, 2014
- DubaiFirst Impressions
I can't really remember what I expected Dubai to be like before I had visited, so am not sure if it is matching my expectations or not. But if I was to use one word to describe it so Posted by hayden.albrey in Backpacking Adventure | Apr 9, 2014
- At the Starting Gate
[float=right]This is not a place where the goal is to wax poetic. Sometimes, I may not write at all. Today I am starting out, so a few words are in order. It's cold outside, so I plan on staying Posted by Vagabondage in I spy with my little eye | Mar 23, 2014
Travelled to Taiwan... arriving via Kuala Lumpur, (Malaysia) then travelled to/through; Taipei, Keelung, Taroko National Park, Yuli, Checheng, Guanziling, Alish Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Mar 8, 2014
- It's cold out here in the DIf you’re reading this, I miss you.
I have been on the road for almost a month now. It’s hard for me to believe that I’ve been away from home, my friends, my family, my rave fam, and my car Posted by Jonny240 in 2013 Globetrotters Tour | Jan 22, 2014
- Tanah Rata, MalaysiaMaking our way to the Cameron Highlands took the better part of the day, with a long hot layover in the scuzzy bus station of Ipoh.The town of Tanah Rata is not particularly picturesque, despite it lovely surroundings. They Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jan 1, 2014
- Palau Pangkor, MalaysiaFollowing Malacca we took a bus back to KL and then on to Lumut, where we caught the ferry to Palau Pangkor, a small island on the Straights of Malacca.
We stayed at the Anjungan Resort, the most expensive Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 30, 2013
- Gettin' into the grooveI've created this blog mainly to keep track of my sanity, but also to let people in on the craziness that is my life on tour with the Harlem Globetrotters. This blog will follow no specific format, but rather be Posted by Jonny240 in 2013 Globetrotters Tour | Dec 29, 2013
- Singapore in Images[[http://www.flickr.com/photos/shakthi83/sets/72157638771054283/|Singapore in Images]] Posted by shakthi83 in Wanderings and Wonderings | Dec 29, 2013
- Una mezclaUn peu de tout, en vrac, dans le désordre... Un weekend à la plage, un autre weekend à la campagne, TP à l'université, le temps des glaces, le premier tour des élections, coupe du monde de foot, la routine Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Nov 22, 2013
- Photoblog: Autumn falling in New England
[center]Walden Pond, Concord, Massachusetts[/center]
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | Oct 11, 2013
- The Sixth Grade AmbassadorGreetings...
I have started my next project. Several weeks ago, a friend of mine who teaches sixth grade came to me and told me she wanted to do a project called, "Where in the World is Thom?" I thought it was Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Oct 7, 2013
Travelled to Madura... arriving from Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), then travelled to/through; Surabaya (Java), Sumenep (Madura), Surabaya (Java) Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Oct 21, 2012