Blog Entries tagged 'photography'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'photography'
- Irish Walk 2016Today is the start of the preparation for a walk of 500 klms from Leitrim in the north to Castletownbere in the south of Ireland, the O'Sullivan March. My Great Grandmother was an O'Sullivan so this walk is a little Posted by Rianda in Traveller Down Under | Jan 5, 2015
- TrekkingAs the days went on, it became obvious that we would not be able to proceed with our original trekking plans. Tashi had prepared a somewhat ambitious journey of 12 days in which we would first go to his Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 28, 2014
- Gallery of Europe [Part 5]Hey guys welcome to the magnificent city of Istanbul, home to over 16 billion people it is one of the most populated cities in the world. This place has so much historical elements dating back to Roman Empire rule under Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Dec 23, 2014
- 10 travel moments that made me go hmmmI travel to see things with my own eyes. To know what it feels like to take in a view or look at some place truly special, connect with it, and add it to my memories forever. These moments are Posted by Gotmybindle in Got My Bindle | Dec 19, 2014
- Muine and Ho Chi Minh cityAfter Dalat we went to Muine which is like a Russian town. A lot of the shops and businesses are in Russian and there's a large community of them there, which is strange. Muine is a nice little beach town Posted by derryfadman in Worldwide ramblings | Dec 3, 2014
- Gallery of Europe [Part 4]Hey guys heres a very brief one on the photos taken during our Intrepid tour of Eastern Europe, I have decided to pick a few photos out of the lot that standout more rather than upload a month worth of Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Dec 2, 2014
- Srinagar, KashmirAfter saying good-bye to Nanette in Mumbai, I left the next morning for Srinagar, where Tashi met me at the airport. A good thing since a policemen accompanied me outside since I couldn't tell him where I was staying. Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 27, 2014
- TranquebarAfter three days of furious temple gazing, we were more than ready for Tranquebar. This small town by the Indian Ocean began as a Danish trading port in the 1620's. The old Dutch Fort is still standing, a tawny Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 17, 2014
- Return to India: Temples of Trichy, Thanjavur, and KubakonamWe have been on a temple whirlwind. Flew from Colombo back to Madurai, and then a hot 2&1/2 hour bus ride to Tiruchirappalli, or as it is more commonly known, Trichy.
I Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 13, 2014
- Anuradhapura/NegomboAnuradhapura proved to be the most interesting of the ancient cities, as well as the oldest, dating to approximately 400 BC. The city was abandoned after an invasion some 1300 years later, and the jungle took over until the British Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 10, 2014
- SigiriyaAlthough we enjoyed the statues and paintings of Dambulla, it was Sigiyira that impressed us far more. Sticking out of the jungle by some 200 meters, the lions rock, as it is known, has been an ancient city Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 4, 2014
- Dambulla The next morning we went to the Dambulla Caves with Lalinda, an hour or two drive from Kandy. By the time we got there it was already quite hot, which continued for our entire visit to the cultural triangle. Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 1, 2014
- Creating your own travel photography website[b]Travelling to other parts of the globe or living in a different culture has its consequences. Not only does it expand your horizons but it stretches your mind and senses till they bulge and re-shape themselves, steaming and cooking in Posted by margaretm in Wherever life takes us | Oct 25, 2014
- Gallery of Europe [Part 3]Hey guys I know its been a while as me and Michelle have been busy on our Intrepid but I have finally managed to gather up some HDR images of our time in Prague, Cesky Krumlov and Vienna.
[b][[https://www.flickr.com/photos/65279968@N07/sets/72157648829 Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 18, 2014
- Gallery of Europe [Part 2]Hey guys, welcome to Gallery of Europe Part 2 where this pretty much covers the best images of our time in Germany plus the Austrian city of Salzburg using my favourite HDR (high dynamic range) photo processing techniques and with Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 1, 2014
- Less than a week awayStill doing a bunch of research and planning around where I want to go and what I want to see. Feeling a little overwhelmed at the number of stops I'm planning on this 2-week trip:
- Starting in Toronto and Posted by fotoguytoronto in Fotoguy's Travel | Sep 12, 2014
- MunnarWe are in another isolated place high in the Western Ghats, much greener, cooler, and more rugged than Wayanad. It is surrounded by tea plantations, cardamom fields and rocky peaks.
Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Aug 22, 2014
- The Beautiful Province of BatangasBatangas is one of the most popular destinations near Metro Manila, Philippines. The province has many excellent beaches and resorts to visit including Pico de Loro, which has a great resort and beach view, and Anilao, which has a great Posted by m_mendoza in A Day in The Life of Markeezy | Jul 18, 2014
- Photoblog: Wild Donegal[float=left]For a native of a cosy, leafy corner of suburban south Dublin, the remote wilderness of rural Co Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | Apr 27, 2014
- Some more of SantiagoGrève des Correos de Chile.
La boulangerie du coin.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/605716/large_DSC Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Apr 9, 2014
- DubaiFirst Impressions
I can't really remember what I expected Dubai to be like before I had visited, so am not sure if it is matching my expectations or not. But if I was to use one word to describe it so Posted by hayden.albrey in Backpacking Adventure | Apr 9, 2014
- At the Starting Gate
[float=right]This is not a place where the goal is to wax poetic. Sometimes, I may not write at all. Today I am starting out, so a few words are in order. It's cold outside, so I plan on staying Posted by Vagabondage in I spy with my little eye | Mar 23, 2014
Travelled to Taiwan... arriving via Kuala Lumpur, (Malaysia) then travelled to/through; Taipei, Keelung, Taroko National Park, Yuli, Checheng, Guanziling, Alish Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Mar 8, 2014
- It's cold out here in the DIf you’re reading this, I miss you.
I have been on the road for almost a month now. It’s hard for me to believe that I’ve been away from home, my friends, my family, my rave fam, and my car Posted by Jonny240 in 2013 Globetrotters Tour | Jan 22, 2014
- Tanah Rata, MalaysiaMaking our way to the Cameron Highlands took the better part of the day, with a long hot layover in the scuzzy bus station of Ipoh.The town of Tanah Rata is not particularly picturesque, despite it lovely surroundings. They Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jan 1, 2014