Blog Entries tagged 'photography'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'photography'
- Tying The KnotThe captain sugarcoated the weather report as sweetly as he could: “Well, It’s going to be shitty, and the next day is going to be worse.” The captain has a way with words all his own. The report called for Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Feb 10, 2011
- Baja VisionsSunrise.
About an hour before the sun cracked the horizon, I could tell the sunrise was going to be spectacular. In the low light, the high clouds were the first to catch the early light Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Feb 3, 2011
- Climbing High Into The Baja IslandsOn Pelicans
When considering the birds of the Baja Peninsula, the one that comes first to my mind is the Brown Pelican. They are quite prevalent and found all around the Gulf of California. The pelican is an interesting bird to Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jan 29, 2011
- The Ramblin' Man ProjectI've been working nights for the last 10 days. While I'm functioning, I don't really have the focus necessary to put coherent sentances together. Case in point, It took me 3 minutes to write what I've written so far. My Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jan 22, 2011
- The Best Travel Photos of 2010 (http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/stream/photoID/903745/)
1. Splash. Photo by JOSE_MARIA (http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_profile.cfm?user=JOSE_MARIA).
[url Posted by dr.pepper in The Travellerspoint Blog | Jan 20, 2011
- Friday Night in Kathmandu
The only constellation I can point out is O’Ryan because of his belt. This makes it my favorite constellation..
I can see O’Ryan every night here because of the early city wide power cuts in the streets.. It’s after midnight, Posted by Ole blue in Nepal 101 | Jan 16, 2011
- San Javier and Swimming With SharksI had finally gotten to bed at about 3 am. I had given two tarot readings after getting of work at 1 am. I woke up to the mirror rattling in the door, then the bow thruster of the ship Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jan 12, 2011
- Kathmandu Day 2January 6th 2011
It was either the yak or the chicken but all I can say is that I’m not qualified to leave my guesthouse today. Why do I eat chicken? I see them on the sides of Posted by Ole blue in Nepal 101 | Jan 8, 2011
- Midnight In MexicoIt’s midnight in Mexico. I’m sitting watch on the bridge (pilothouse) of the Seabird, quietly watching the few navigation lights in the distance, and listening to the coffeehouse music on the XM. It’s a quiet time; the captain and I Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jan 5, 2011
- Half-Way: A ReviewLast year I decided to post several things that I want to accomplish before 2010 ends.
Medyo late ko na ginawa ang list kaya medyo gahol na din (or baka nag dadahilan lang ako)
Para sa mga hindi familiar sa list. Posted by iamian in HOURGLASS | Dec 31, 2010
- Time Management and the Modern ExplorerThe boat slowed, and I knew we had spotted some sort of sea creatures, but I didn’t yet know what it was. I was in my head (bathroom), getting my day started. I knew that whatever it was, was probably Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Dec 26, 2010
- Savoring This First Taste Of BajaThe hours of my day fly by in a frenzied rush of work and play. It’s very difficult to make time to write so far, and I’m not optimistic about my future chances. The reason why I’m struggling so much Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Dec 15, 2010
- Glimpses of the Treme: Saying Goodbye to New OrleansOn my last two days in New Orleans I got two brief glimpses of the famed [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treme|Fabourg Treme.]] Again, I admit that most of my knowledge of the district comes from the[[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treme_%28TV_series%29| TV Posted by slugtrek in Road Trip 2010 | Dec 14, 2010
- Crawfish, Ghosts, and FootballThere is a very real possibility that I'm allergic to oysters. But, like my coconut allergy, enjoying the food far outweighs the consequences. We've had a ridiculous amount of seafood on this trip, but the meal that stands Posted by slugtrek in Road Trip 2010 | Dec 12, 2010
- Baton Rouge to New Orleans the Long WayOn Thursday morning we woke up to a frosty surprise coating our car. It was a chilly 29F when we left our room and set out on the Great River Road. Even the locals seem surprised by the Posted by slugtrek in Road Trip 2010 | Dec 10, 2010
- A Winter in Baja Begins
My first views of the Baja California peninsula was from about 14 miles out at sea. From there, it looked like a jagged, desert like environment, full of smallish coastal mountains leading down Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Dec 9, 2010
- Continuing along the Gulf CoastFrom Panama City we headed up the coast through Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Gulf Breeze, and Pensacola. From there we said goodbye to Florida and entered Alabama.
We got off the highway in Posted by slugtrek in Road Trip 2010 | Dec 8, 2010
- You Are Now Entering the Wonderful World of ManateesYesterday began with a stop in Siesta Key, where the ridiculously white sand squeaks beneath your feet. The sand is apparently 99% pure quartz and I've never felt anything quite like it. This was also our first glimpse Posted by slugtrek in Road Trip 2010 | Dec 6, 2010
- Goodbye Party Central. Hello Amish Country.We never actually went clubbing in Miami. After wandering around the Art Deco District at night we quickly realized it really wasn't for us. Instead we went to a giant art installation that had a DJ, a couple Posted by slugtrek in Road Trip 2010 | Dec 4, 2010
- Miami: High Rise Hotels and Stilt Houses
We arrived in Miami yesterday and headed straight to the Art Deco district (we wanted to go to the hotel first, but we made a wrong turn and ended up in the main tourist district instead). It Posted by slugtrek in Road Trip 2010 | Dec 3, 2010
- Welcome to FloridaAs expected, I couldn't sleep on the plane. But the free WiFi on the plane and the pint of beer I had in the terminal made it tolerable. Not to mention the epic storm we flew over somewhere Posted by slugtrek in Road Trip 2010 | Dec 1, 2010
- Last Post From The Left CoastAll our bags are packed and we've officially checked in for our flight online, so I guess that means our trip has started. Now comes to anxious process of waiting for our flight. It's set to leave at Posted by slugtrek in Road Trip 2010 | Nov 29, 2010
- Kass, Satara
There are some places in Maharashtra, where you will feel blessed. One such place is Kaas Plateau, Satara. This "Out of the worl Posted by yatinrane in Dolf | Nov 29, 2010
- Positioning: Crusing From Portland to San Francisco
We crossed over the Columbia River Bar at about 2 am Saturday morning. I got up for the crossing, as I was very interested in being a part of crossing one of the more dangerous stretches of wate Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Nov 17, 2010
- The Best of Astoria
I’ve been spending time in the small coastal town of Astoria, Oregon lately. Astoria has some charms, beyond being famous for the home of “The Goonies.” First, some historical facts. Astoria sta Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Nov 13, 2010