Blog Entries tagged 'photography'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'photography'
- NightsI’m working the graveyard shift right now, from 7 pm to 7 am. I’ve never worked night shift before, and I was curious to see how I would function trying something completely different. So far, I’ve found that I can Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Nov 2, 2010
- Two Hours In PortlandI had a couple of hours on my hands while this morning, and I thought I would take advantage by going ashore to go for a mini -exploration of the city of Portland, Oregon. To fully explore a dynamic multi-layered Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Oct 25, 2010
- Photos in Friedrichstraßelast night we saw the World Press Photo 2010 exhibition in the Friedrichstraße Bahnhof: some really stunning, often disturbing pictures. this is their chosen top photo of the year:
[[http://www.worldpressphoto.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view Posted by ctamler in Wenn schon, denn schon | Oct 23, 2010
- 17 Brilliant Photos Featuring Orange (http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/stream/photoID/1015726/)
1. Gecko silhouetted against a mosaic lamp. Photo by http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_profile.cfm?user=mohnmohn[ Posted by dr.pepper in The Travellerspoint Blog | Oct 21, 2010
- The Life of a Leaf
The leaf, long before it fell, was a bud, a lush green protuberance on a maple tree. A pleasant life; swaying in the breeze, warm in the summer sun, a good view. Then came late September and e Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Oct 18, 2010
- Madrid!We made it! I can't believe that it's been 24 hours since we left New York, but we are back in our hotel after our first day in Madrid.
Getting here took longer than we expected. We were delayed getting Posted by csheer in The Other Way | Oct 5, 2010
- Evenings on Eagle River BeachWhat I like most about the sculptures that wind and water create, is how temporary they are. Viewing the masterpieces that these simple earth elements produce can be as moving as appreciating any form of beautiful fine art put out Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Sep 24, 2010
- CambridgeI went to Cambridge. Cambridge is the site of the famous and old University of Cambridge. Spent a day and a half there, and frankly feel no smarter for it. Perhaps you actually have to attend the Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Sep 8, 2010
- On American Food and Self Guided ToursThe question I am asked the most by those visiting the United States for the first time is, “What is the best example of American food?” This is a very tough question to answer. All Americans, even Native Americans (who Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Sep 2, 2010
- Documenting it..Well, obviously the world at large will be privy to details of my escapades through this site. But somehow that did not seem enough. They say a picture is equal to a thousand words and so, with a view to Posted by pchaddha in Can I have 365 days off? | Sep 1, 2010
- Afternoons at the San Diego ZooI was surprised to find that all my preconceptions of San Diego were completely wrong. When I think of a place I’ve never been to before and have heard stories about, I start to form mental images of the place. Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Aug 29, 2010
- Going with no cameraSWANS
Couple of days ago, rollerblading on the island, we have seen large family of swans - I tried to score them, them were about 20 birds. And again I was without camera on me. What a pity!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/4400/P1010007_800.jp Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Aug 21, 2010
- Venice Beach and HollywoodVenice Beach is located just south of Santa Monica, California. It is definitely one of the best beaches I’ve ever had the pleasure of visiting. Not only is the scenery absolutely amazing, but the people who frequent this beach make Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Aug 25, 2010
- On The Way To Southern CaliforniaI awoke to the sound of wind and rain lashing the window of my friend’s third floor apartment. I was drowsing happily on the floor, acknowledging that a good rainstorm was brewing up, but not caring. Then a tremendous, sonic Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Aug 24, 2010
- Impression LijiangCathy_joy's photos remind me of another great show we enjoyed last year, called Impression Lijiang. It was put on at the real scene of Yu Long Snow Mountain, when we reached the altitude of 3100 meters.
The performance was completely out Posted by WowChina in Wow!China | Aug 24, 2010
- Slovenia - Part 1
From the last post I am going to jump forward a few years to these next images.
They were actually shot at Lake Bled in Slovenia just a f Posted by lkpearson1 in Seeing The World Through A Lens | Aug 18, 2010
- The Spoils of Summer: Living the Good LifeBoth of my dedicated readers got on my case this week about my lack of posts to my blog.
“It’s stagnant”, they proclaimed. To which I had no recourse but to agree. That isn’t to say I haven’t been thinking Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Aug 15, 2010
- Pulau Weh
Travelled to Pulau Weh ... arrived Banda Aceh (Sumatra) (Indonesia) from Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), then travelled to/through; Sabang, Sumur Tiga ( Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Sep 12, 2010
- Day Six - August 11, 2010Yaaaaa! Waking up at the beautiful Homestead was great. We made a breakfast of eggs and avocados, yum!
We took off early to see Yosemite National Park and the Park views and vistas were amazing, the pictures just don't do the Posted by BurkesTrip in California2010 | Aug 12, 2010
- See As We Saw - Lahaul Valley - Part IIIPart III of this photo essay covers our travel through the scenic Lahaul Valley. After getting our stay permit for our stay at Chatru PWD Rest House, from the PWD offiicer at Koksar, we started off from Koksar.
Moving through Posted by sabyasachi in A Walk in the High Himalayas | Aug 5, 2010
- Lake Superior In SummerSummer is a special time around the Lake Superior region. Like many locations in the northern latitudes, the warm summer months turn Lake Superior into paradise.
I hadn’t seen Lake Superior si Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Aug 2, 2010
- PicturesHey everyone,
long time no news.... Indeed! But here's some picture to keep you going.
ps. I'll soon update the blog, keep checking..... Posted by almost30 in Almost 30 | Jul 30, 2010
- See As We Saw - Pattan Valley - Part IIPart II of this photo essay covers our travel from Keylong onwards. After spending the night at Keylong, we ventured into the barren yet scenic Pattan Valley - the combined valley of Chandra and Bhaga rivers - making our way Posted by sabyasachi in A Walk in the High Himalayas | Jul 30, 2010
- Day 12, Part II: London (Re)introductionsThe "chunnel" ride back to London takes around two hours (so, like three dollars a minute?), and during that time I write this entry (http://coolmcjourneys.travellerspoint.com/9/) and begin to steel myself for the last few days of my trip. Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Jul 23, 2010
- Crossing the Great PlainsFor the first time in my life, I found mountains uninspiring. I drove right by them, indifferent to their snow capped peaks, their green petticoats of pines, the gushing white waterfalls falling from their shoulders. I was surprised by this. Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jul 22, 2010