Blog Entries tagged 'photography'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'photography'
- Positioning: Crusing From Portland to San Francisco
We crossed over the Columbia River Bar at about 2 am Saturday morning. I got up for the crossing, as I was very interested in being a part of crossing one of the more dangerous stretches of wate Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Nov 17, 2010
- The Best of Astoria
I’ve been spending time in the small coastal town of Astoria, Oregon lately. Astoria has some charms, beyond being famous for the home of “The Goonies.” First, some historical facts. Astoria sta Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Nov 13, 2010
Travelled to Bali... arrived Denpasar (Indonesia) from Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), then travelled to/through; Denpasar, Ubud, Amed (Bali) a Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Nov 10, 2010
- Returning To Palouse FallsReturning to Palouse Falls was one of the better decisions I’ve made lately. To make it happen, I had to stay awake for what turned out to be 23 hours straight. I’ve been adapting well to long hours and little Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Nov 8, 2010
- NightsI’m working the graveyard shift right now, from 7 pm to 7 am. I’ve never worked night shift before, and I was curious to see how I would function trying something completely different. So far, I’ve found that I can Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Nov 2, 2010
- Two Hours In PortlandI had a couple of hours on my hands while this morning, and I thought I would take advantage by going ashore to go for a mini -exploration of the city of Portland, Oregon. To fully explore a dynamic multi-layered Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Oct 25, 2010
- Photos in Friedrichstraßelast night we saw the World Press Photo 2010 exhibition in the Friedrichstraße Bahnhof: some really stunning, often disturbing pictures. this is their chosen top photo of the year:
[[http://www.worldpressphoto.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view Posted by ctamler in Wenn schon, denn schon | Oct 23, 2010
- 17 Brilliant Photos Featuring Orange (http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/stream/photoID/1015726/)
1. Gecko silhouetted against a mosaic lamp. Photo by http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_profile.cfm?user=mohnmohn[ Posted by dr.pepper in The Travellerspoint Blog | Oct 21, 2010
- The Life of a Leaf
The leaf, long before it fell, was a bud, a lush green protuberance on a maple tree. A pleasant life; swaying in the breeze, warm in the summer sun, a good view. Then came late September and e Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Oct 18, 2010
- Madrid!We made it! I can't believe that it's been 24 hours since we left New York, but we are back in our hotel after our first day in Madrid.
Getting here took longer than we expected. We were delayed getting Posted by csheer in The Other Way | Oct 5, 2010
- Evenings on Eagle River BeachWhat I like most about the sculptures that wind and water create, is how temporary they are. Viewing the masterpieces that these simple earth elements produce can be as moving as appreciating any form of beautiful fine art put out Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Sep 24, 2010
- CambridgeI went to Cambridge. Cambridge is the site of the famous and old University of Cambridge. Spent a day and a half there, and frankly feel no smarter for it. Perhaps you actually have to attend the Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Sep 8, 2010
- On American Food and Self Guided ToursThe question I am asked the most by those visiting the United States for the first time is, “What is the best example of American food?” This is a very tough question to answer. All Americans, even Native Americans (who Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Sep 2, 2010
- Documenting it..Well, obviously the world at large will be privy to details of my escapades through this site. But somehow that did not seem enough. They say a picture is equal to a thousand words and so, with a view to Posted by pchaddha in Can I have 365 days off? | Sep 1, 2010
- Afternoons at the San Diego ZooI was surprised to find that all my preconceptions of San Diego were completely wrong. When I think of a place I’ve never been to before and have heard stories about, I start to form mental images of the place. Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Aug 29, 2010
- Going with no cameraSWANS
Couple of days ago, rollerblading on the island, we have seen large family of swans - I tried to score them, them were about 20 birds. And again I was without camera on me. What a pity!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/4400/P1010007_800.jp Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Aug 21, 2010
- Venice Beach and HollywoodVenice Beach is located just south of Santa Monica, California. It is definitely one of the best beaches I’ve ever had the pleasure of visiting. Not only is the scenery absolutely amazing, but the people who frequent this beach make Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Aug 25, 2010
- On The Way To Southern CaliforniaI awoke to the sound of wind and rain lashing the window of my friend’s third floor apartment. I was drowsing happily on the floor, acknowledging that a good rainstorm was brewing up, but not caring. Then a tremendous, sonic Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Aug 24, 2010
- Impression LijiangCathy_joy's photos remind me of another great show we enjoyed last year, called Impression Lijiang. It was put on at the real scene of Yu Long Snow Mountain, when we reached the altitude of 3100 meters.
The performance was completely out Posted by WowChina in Wow!China | Aug 24, 2010
- Slovenia - Part 1
From the last post I am going to jump forward a few years to these next images.
They were actually shot at Lake Bled in Slovenia just a f Posted by lkpearson1 in Seeing The World Through A Lens | Aug 18, 2010
- The Spoils of Summer: Living the Good LifeBoth of my dedicated readers got on my case this week about my lack of posts to my blog.
“It’s stagnant”, they proclaimed. To which I had no recourse but to agree. That isn’t to say I haven’t been thinking Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Aug 15, 2010
- Pulau Weh
Travelled to Pulau Weh ... arrived Banda Aceh (Sumatra) (Indonesia) from Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), then travelled to/through; Sabang, Sumur Tiga ( Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Sep 12, 2010
- Day Six - August 11, 2010Yaaaaa! Waking up at the beautiful Homestead was great. We made a breakfast of eggs and avocados, yum!
We took off early to see Yosemite National Park and the Park views and vistas were amazing, the pictures just don't do the Posted by BurkesTrip in California2010 | Aug 12, 2010
- See As We Saw - Lahaul Valley - Part IIIPart III of this photo essay covers our travel through the scenic Lahaul Valley. After getting our stay permit for our stay at Chatru PWD Rest House, from the PWD offiicer at Koksar, we started off from Koksar.
Moving through Posted by sabyasachi in A Walk in the High Himalayas | Aug 5, 2010
- Lake Superior In SummerSummer is a special time around the Lake Superior region. Like many locations in the northern latitudes, the warm summer months turn Lake Superior into paradise.
I hadn’t seen Lake Superior si Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Aug 2, 2010