Blog Entries tagged 'photography'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'photography'
- At the Starting Gate
[float=right]This is not a place where the goal is to wax poetic. Sometimes, I may not write at all. Today I am starting out, so a few words are in order. It's cold outside, so I plan on staying Posted by Vagabondage in I spy with my little eye | Mar 23, 2014
Travelled to Taiwan... arriving via Kuala Lumpur, (Malaysia) then travelled to/through; Taipei, Keelung, Taroko National Park, Yuli, Checheng, Guanziling, Alish Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Mar 8, 2014
- It's cold out here in the DIf you’re reading this, I miss you.
I have been on the road for almost a month now. It’s hard for me to believe that I’ve been away from home, my friends, my family, my rave fam, and my car Posted by Jonny240 in 2013 Globetrotters Tour | Jan 22, 2014
- Tanah Rata, MalaysiaMaking our way to the Cameron Highlands took the better part of the day, with a long hot layover in the scuzzy bus station of Ipoh.The town of Tanah Rata is not particularly picturesque, despite it lovely surroundings. They Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jan 1, 2014
- Palau Pangkor, MalaysiaFollowing Malacca we took a bus back to KL and then on to Lumut, where we caught the ferry to Palau Pangkor, a small island on the Straights of Malacca.
We stayed at the Anjungan Resort, the most expensive Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 30, 2013
- Gettin' into the grooveI've created this blog mainly to keep track of my sanity, but also to let people in on the craziness that is my life on tour with the Harlem Globetrotters. This blog will follow no specific format, but rather be Posted by Jonny240 in 2013 Globetrotters Tour | Dec 29, 2013
- Singapore in Images[[http://www.flickr.com/photos/shakthi83/sets/72157638771054283/|Singapore in Images]] Posted by shakthi83 in Wanderings and Wonderings | Dec 29, 2013
- Una mezclaUn peu de tout, en vrac, dans le désordre... Un weekend à la plage, un autre weekend à la campagne, TP à l'université, le temps des glaces, le premier tour des élections, coupe du monde de foot, la routine Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Nov 22, 2013
- Photoblog: Autumn falling in New England
[center]Walden Pond, Concord, Massachusetts[/center]
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | Oct 11, 2013
- The Sixth Grade AmbassadorGreetings...
I have started my next project. Several weeks ago, a friend of mine who teaches sixth grade came to me and told me she wanted to do a project called, "Where in the World is Thom?" I thought it was Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Oct 7, 2013
Travelled to Madura... arriving from Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), then travelled to/through; Surabaya (Java), Sumenep (Madura), Surabaya (Java) Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Oct 21, 2012
- In pursuit of the perfect Potala Palace pictureLhasa takes your breath away, quite literally as we discovered when we stepped off the plane at 3,700m. Canisters of oxygen were provided in our airport transfer car and next to the minibar in the hotel room, but being experienced Posted by Chris Parsons in Parsons on Tour | Aug 12, 2013
- Central Asia
Travelled to Uzbekistan/Kyrgyzstan... arriving from Incheon (South Korea) then travelled to/through; Tashkent, Fergana (Uzbekistan), Osh, Jalalabad, Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Aug 1, 2013
- And He Lived Happily Ever After...I'm commiting blogicide (Is that a word?). Though "The Dusty Vagabond" has been a pleasure to produce, I would rather lay it to rest with style then watch it wither away through lack of effort.
It feels right, you know? I Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jul 23, 2013
- savor the flavor and jettison your labor behavior!===salutations my darling, young one===
Why, hello there ! Good to see you again. Just a moment while I scratch off the cobwebs from the keyboard. Mmm...looks like obsolescence hasn't swept this one up quite yet.
And so I find myself in Posted by ggithens in looking glass | Jul 18, 2013
- The Next Twist in the PathFact: I don’t know what to write about today. I could’ve written this sentence every day this week, but this fact didn’t come to me until this morning. Is this what writer’s block is all about? To be sure, I Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jul 6, 2013
- Who Am I?
I get around, you know? I'm a professional visitor, a homeless (is that a typo?) romantic, a voyageur of sorts, a guy who wonders what‘s around the next bend. I spend most of my time outside. I' Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jun 21, 2013
- Yodeling Under a GlacierIt is raining as I step off the number three bus and onto the side of the Mendenhall Loop Road. It has been raining since I woke up hung over at the Alaskan (a Juneau tradition), and it has been Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jun 9, 2013
- A Celebration of Green
I grew up in the woods. The wilds of northern Michigan contain a thick forest of hardwoods and pine. I spent many days wandering through the trees with my friends, dogs, and by myself. There isn Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jun 2, 2013
- Waking Up In SitkaI remember very clearly lying on a picnic table in Petersburg, Alaska. I said to my friend, “I wish we could do this all afternoon. We could get a bottle of wine, maybe do a crossword and fall asleep.” She Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | May 30, 2013
- Under The DockOn Wooden Docks
The tidal change can be severe in the Pacific Northwest. It is not uncommon for the tides vary by fifteen feet or more. Coastal communities have to build tall, beefy do Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | May 22, 2013
- Ausencias ("Absences")In Argentina, I stumbled upon this photographer, Gustavo Germano. He recreates old Argentine photographs from before the military dictatorship of the 1980s. These images speak for themselves - the horror of the disappeared and the absences still felt toda Posted by Fabian1993 in Study Abroad (Spring 2013) | May 21, 2013
- Book Five: Return to Southeast Asia and ChinaTO ALL MY NEW TRAVEL AND OLD FRIENDS: HERE STARTS THE BLOG OF MY LAST TRAVEL ADVENTURE THIS PAST FEB TO APRIL 2013. WE ARE NOW HOME.
After the long flight, Hong Kong still felt vaguely familiar after Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | May 12, 2013
- Deckhand!If I were to write you a short autobiography about the last three years in my life, I would begin by telling you about my job. For those of you unfamiliar with my line of work, I want you to Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | May 2, 2013
- A Love Affair With the SeaAbove The Water
“My lady’s seas are heaving -- her breath a fifty-knot gale force wind. I step down from the lido after spending ten minutes in her wild embrace. My hair is tousled, my clothes all askew. I’m lightly perspiring Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Apr 23, 2013