Blog Entries tagged 'photography'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'photography'
- Under The DockOn Wooden Docks
The tidal change can be severe in the Pacific Northwest. It is not uncommon for the tides vary by fifteen feet or more. Coastal communities have to build tall, beefy do Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | May 22, 2013
- Ausencias ("Absences")In Argentina, I stumbled upon this photographer, Gustavo Germano. He recreates old Argentine photographs from before the military dictatorship of the 1980s. These images speak for themselves - the horror of the disappeared and the absences still felt toda Posted by Fabian1993 in Study Abroad (Spring 2013) | May 21, 2013
- Book Five: Return to Southeast Asia and ChinaTO ALL MY NEW TRAVEL AND OLD FRIENDS: HERE STARTS THE BLOG OF MY LAST TRAVEL ADVENTURE THIS PAST FEB TO APRIL 2013. WE ARE NOW HOME.
After the long flight, Hong Kong still felt vaguely familiar after Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | May 12, 2013
- Deckhand!If I were to write you a short autobiography about the last three years in my life, I would begin by telling you about my job. For those of you unfamiliar with my line of work, I want you to Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | May 2, 2013
- A Love Affair With the SeaAbove The Water
“My lady’s seas are heaving -- her breath a fifty-knot gale force wind. I step down from the lido after spending ten minutes in her wild embrace. My hair is tousled, my clothes all askew. I’m lightly perspiring Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Apr 23, 2013
- On Healthy Deserts and Blue Water AnimalsI apologize. I started this week with grand intentions of writing a well thought out piece about travel writing. I forgot how grueling working the night shift could be. It turns out, staying up all night turns my mind to Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Apr 13, 2013
- Flashbacks of Boracay 2010This one's a pretty late post. I am attempting to catch up on writing about our trips. I feel like I'm racing against the next trip that we have ahead. It's not so easy, but I know it can be Posted by jdsulit in JD + BJ | Apr 7, 2013
- A Quiet Week in BajaI’m sitting on a table on our bridge deck (our highest deck). My legs dangle in the breeze. I lean back and look up to the rising moon. I have a cold beer in my left hand and my Ipod Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Mar 26, 2013
- Remembering Florida
Florida has been good to me. It's such a beautiful state - so full of life and color. It's a wonderful contrast to the chilly northern climates that I had be Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Mar 10, 2013
- From Philadelphia to Washington D.C.
I have no interest in politics, but I have a keen interest in history. I’ve been walking in the footsteps of my forefathers from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Washington D.C. In a histori Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Feb 18, 2013
- Picture This...
[i][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/417422/2013-01-28..en_District.jpg caption=The world at work, Samsen District, Ba Posted by jparsons in Parsons on Tour | Feb 14, 2013
- The New York City SessionsThe New York City Sessions
New York has been good to me. I’ve spent this past week exploring the city and surrounding lands. I’ve seen a lot, and have collected a healthy stock of i Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Feb 8, 2013
- Wrestling With January
It has been a long time since I have faced a true Midwestern January. I’ve forgotten how long January can drag on. If you aren’t careful, the days can blend into an endless parade of gray skies, Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jan 27, 2013
Posted by KellieBarnes in Eyes Wide Open | Jan 14, 2013
- Melbourne's Own Manhattanhenge
Posted by KellieBarnes in Eyes Wide Open | Jan 14, 2013
- Post-Adventure VacuumI think I’m in a post adventure vacuum. I’m content to while away the hours with a book, a ukulele, a big pile of bread dough or my computer. This seems natural after five months of travel. This is my Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jan 11, 2013
- Efes (Ephesus)We took the bus from Bergama to Efes, as it is called here, and stayed in nearby Selcuk, a medium sized city, not without it's charms. Now that we were getting to southern Turkey, it had a much more Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jan 5, 2013
Travelled to Vietnam... arriving from Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), then travelled to/through; Ho Chi Minh, Binh Chau, Mui Ne, Da lat, Buon Ma Thuot, Gia Nghia, Phuoc Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Jan 4, 2013
- 17 Captivating Photos of People Around the WorldThe [[http://www.travellerspoint.com/guide/About:Photo_Competitions/Best_of_2012/|Best of 2012 Photo Competition]] received more than 1100 entries, from which 160 finalists were voted on by five [[http://www.travellerspoint.com/guide/About%3APhoto_Competi Posted by KellieBarnes in The Travellerspoint Blog | Jan 3, 2013
- The Dusty Vagabond's Photographic Review of 2012This is my 2012 Photographic Review. I originally started this project with intentions of explaining where I was and how the photographs came about. When I started going through my files, I realized there were too many photos that I Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Jan 2, 2013
- When Plans Change...
With one-step I was walking, the next, I was limping. I didn’t think much of it, my left knee has bothered me for years, and I figured this to be just another episode. Throughout the week, it ha Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Dec 31, 2012
- Travellerspoint's Top 12 Wildlife PhotosTravel and photography go hand-in-hand for most people and the [[http://www.travellerspoint.com/|Travellerspoint community]] is no different. When we put the call out for our [[http://www.travellerspoint.com/guide/About:Photo_Competitions/Best_of_2012/|Be Posted by KellieBarnes in The Travellerspoint Blog | Dec 30, 2012
- Examining Easy Secrets In Wedding Photographer Ulladulla
One means of keeping memories alive is via digital photography. Digital photography was created long back however it is still in vogue. The something which has changed is th Posted by ulladulla in Examining Easy Secrets In Wedding Photog | Dec 28, 2012
- So Long, Adile. Hello, Los Pinos!Many moons ago, I was thinking about what I would like to do in Argentina. Not only did I want to see the sights, but I wanted to make my trip more meaningful than sticking to the Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Dec 24, 2012
- The Best Travel Photos of 2012 (http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/stream/photoID/2088763/features/countries/Myanmar/)
Judge's Prize Winner: A Monk Passer By The U Bein Bridge, [[Myanmar]]. Ph Posted by KellieBarnes in The Travellerspoint Blog | Dec 17, 2012