Blog Entries tagged 'planning'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'planning'
- Trial Run 2Matt and I took another test run of our sleeping cabin on wheels this weekend, with a trip down to Delaware. Initially we were hoping to see NASA fire some rockets, but it became clear on the way down that Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Mar 18, 2012
- Solar Eclipse May 20!I was idly browsing the [[http://www.nps.gov|National Park Service website]] this evening, as one does when one is obsessed with planning a giant roadtrop, when I stumbled over [[http://www.nature.nps.gov/features/eclipse/index.cfm|this page]]:
[img=ht Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Mar 16, 2012
- Of Special Guest stars and stinky socksThis week’s blog entry will be slightly different than the ones before. Now I know that some of you will sigh in relief as the last couple of weeks the nostalgic and the philosophical aspects of my entries were slightly Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Mar 16, 2012
- 3 Years 10 t-shirts==Next stop Kathmandu!==
Well it's finally arrived, I'm sitting here once again in the kitchen, on the laptop (a new one I might add, very swish) and typing what is our last blog entry just 4 hours before we leave for Posted by BrettBethany in One Last Trip... | Mar 15, 2012
- An impromptu test of our custom recreational vehicleThe very day that we had completed installing the bed in the back of our car, I wanted to test it out. It felt a bit like having a tent, but only your backyard to camp in, and not having Posted by leviathant in ROADTROP | Mar 13, 2012
- The grit of the Highway just moments away53 days. That is all that is left before we leave for our 12 month adventure around the globe. I know that me counting the days, hours and minutes seems a bit annoying, but it is not every day that Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Mar 9, 2012
- States we're hittingLists are fun. For example, I have a packing list that I've been working on obsessively for literally months now.
Today I felt curious about how many states we'll be driving through on the roadtrop. So I compiled a list.
# Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Mar 8, 2012
- Planning for my tripSo for the last 3 years I have been feeling a calling to hike the Pacific Crest Trail from Mexico to Canada on the West Coast of the United States of America. In September of 2010, I met someone while Posted by walkinman in Pacific Crest Trail Thru Hike | Mar 8, 2012
- Countdown revised, and so the plan. D-4Finally, a bit more visibility and practical action taken towards the goal (that is, organizing the trip).
The final routing is Port-au-Prince - Panama - Buenos Aires - La Habana - Port-au-Prince. Leaving on March-01 and coming back on April-09 Posted by yayamari in Merry-Go-Latin | Feb 26, 2012
- BearsT minus ten weeks today! Preparation is going very well. I have now ascertained that we'll be able to take the roof rack off the Magnum, since all our luggage will fit easily under the bed; this will probably save Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Feb 25, 2012
- Sue me I like shoppingSo today I’ll shed some light on the nicer parts of preparing for the trip – retail therapy!
This part of the preparation is maybe one of the most crucial of them all as you have to pick your companions Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Feb 24, 2012
- The appetizersOne of the first things that I had to overcome when Ronni and I first talked about the (back then proposterous) idea of travelling the world, was that you needed to be someone "outdoorsy", someone who goes rockclimbing on weekend, Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Feb 17, 2012
- 3 Months DownBefore we left on our trip, we had planned out a three month journey that got us to Robin’s Uncle’s house in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We have now been traveling for ¼ of a year and it still feels Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Feb 13, 2012
- PackingWe're off tomorrow evening so today is the day for last minute preparations and the dreaded task of packing. I've done many practice packs over the last couple of weeks and even the most successful have resulted in my bag Posted by charlotter45 in Charlotte and Stephen's Adventure! | Feb 12, 2012
- 9 days to go!
So it's 9 days before we head off on our adventure and I'm feeling pretty prepared - I've done a practice pack and got everything I need. Stephen, on the other hand, is on holiday in Posted by charlotter45 in Charlotte and Stephen's Adventure! | Feb 4, 2012
- Another week down, 6 to go...===February 1st===
Seems like a good time to make another entry seeing as we're officially going travelling NEXT MONTH! Very exciting.
At the moment I am trying to make sure that I do one thing every day for travelling to make sure Posted by BrettBethany in One Last Trip... | Feb 1, 2012
- Retrofitting a bed into the back of our Magnum, part 2I bought a new four-inch foam mattress for $80 on eBay. I was thinking about sourcing one secondhand on Craigslist, but then recalled a very unfortunate incident involving bedbugs that occurred when we went to Egypt in 2010. Just thinking Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 24, 2012
- 730 days in Haiti. D-25. Statues vs. Turtles
It goes without saying: I haven’t gone far with my planning. On the contrary, I think I want to add one “to do” to my wish list. Easter Islands. Just to make things easier ;) However, I do Posted by yayamari in Merry-Go-Latin | Jan 23, 2012
- Prep on 23rd January 2012So this is it, the first post! I'm sitting here on the laptop in David and Sue's kitchen, dreaming of what's to come. So far this evening we've had my little nephew Max over with his mummy Coral which was Posted by BrettBethany in One Last Trip... | Jan 23, 2012
- Our Magnum on IKEAHackersFollowing a suggestion in the comments of the [[http://roadtrop.travellerspoint.com/3/|below blog entry]], I submitted our bed-in-a-Magnum to IKEAhackers, and they just published it:
[[http://www.ikeahackers.net/2012/01/hacking-bed-into-back-of-station Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 20, 2012
- D-29, the countdown (and the planning) beginsHere we are. It is officially D-29 to my Haiti assignment ending date (that is if nothing changes between now and then, as it did actually happen the last four times).
After 5 and a half years of continuous work Posted by yayamari in Merry-Go-Latin | Jan 20, 2012
- Accommodation in New OrleansIn April 2002, Matt and I roadtripped to New Orleans together, after two years of ICQ conversation, and a week after meeting in person for the first time. And we fell in love.
It has been ten years since then. TEN Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 17, 2012
- Tweaking stops to dig for dinosaursA couple of days ago, I made a fairly major change to our trip plans, deciding we should leave Yellowstone a day early to make our way to Thermopolis. Initially, I was attracted by the idea of [[http://www.thermopolis.com/WebPage33.aspx|swimming in hot Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 12, 2012
- Red foxes diving for mice in YellowstoneMy obsession with this trip has affected my television watching habits. I am one of those strange people who likes to have a TV on constantly in the background whenever I'm doing what might be classified as menial work, like Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 11, 2012
- Retrofitting a bed into the back of our MagnumAs [[http://www.lxforums.com/board/f62/putting-bed-back-magnum-great-american-road-trip-296041/|Matt reported on the LX forums]]:
[quote]For a few years, my wife and I have been talking about doing a big road trip across the US. Last October, to help Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 10, 2012