Blog Entries tagged 'planning'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'planning'
- BearsT minus ten weeks today! Preparation is going very well. I have now ascertained that we'll be able to take the roof rack off the Magnum, since all our luggage will fit easily under the bed; this will probably save Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Feb 25, 2012
- Sue me I like shoppingSo today I’ll shed some light on the nicer parts of preparing for the trip – retail therapy!
This part of the preparation is maybe one of the most crucial of them all as you have to pick your companions Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Feb 24, 2012
- The appetizersOne of the first things that I had to overcome when Ronni and I first talked about the (back then proposterous) idea of travelling the world, was that you needed to be someone "outdoorsy", someone who goes rockclimbing on weekend, Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Feb 17, 2012
- 3 Months DownBefore we left on our trip, we had planned out a three month journey that got us to Robin’s Uncle’s house in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We have now been traveling for ¼ of a year and it still feels Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Feb 13, 2012
- PackingWe're off tomorrow evening so today is the day for last minute preparations and the dreaded task of packing. I've done many practice packs over the last couple of weeks and even the most successful have resulted in my bag Posted by charlotter45 in Charlotte and Stephen's Adventure! | Feb 12, 2012
- 9 days to go!
So it's 9 days before we head off on our adventure and I'm feeling pretty prepared - I've done a practice pack and got everything I need. Stephen, on the other hand, is on holiday in Posted by charlotter45 in Charlotte and Stephen's Adventure! | Feb 4, 2012
- Another week down, 6 to go...===February 1st===
Seems like a good time to make another entry seeing as we're officially going travelling NEXT MONTH! Very exciting.
At the moment I am trying to make sure that I do one thing every day for travelling to make sure Posted by BrettBethany in One Last Trip... | Feb 1, 2012
- Retrofitting a bed into the back of our Magnum, part 2I bought a new four-inch foam mattress for $80 on eBay. I was thinking about sourcing one secondhand on Craigslist, but then recalled a very unfortunate incident involving bedbugs that occurred when we went to Egypt in 2010. Just thinking Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 24, 2012
- 730 days in Haiti. D-25. Statues vs. Turtles
It goes without saying: I haven’t gone far with my planning. On the contrary, I think I want to add one “to do” to my wish list. Easter Islands. Just to make things easier ;) However, I do Posted by yayamari in Merry-Go-Latin | Jan 23, 2012
- Prep on 23rd January 2012So this is it, the first post! I'm sitting here on the laptop in David and Sue's kitchen, dreaming of what's to come. So far this evening we've had my little nephew Max over with his mummy Coral which was Posted by BrettBethany in One Last Trip... | Jan 23, 2012
- Our Magnum on IKEAHackersFollowing a suggestion in the comments of the [[http://roadtrop.travellerspoint.com/3/|below blog entry]], I submitted our bed-in-a-Magnum to IKEAhackers, and they just published it:
[[http://www.ikeahackers.net/2012/01/hacking-bed-into-back-of-station Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 20, 2012
- D-29, the countdown (and the planning) beginsHere we are. It is officially D-29 to my Haiti assignment ending date (that is if nothing changes between now and then, as it did actually happen the last four times).
After 5 and a half years of continuous work Posted by yayamari in Merry-Go-Latin | Jan 20, 2012
- Accommodation in New OrleansIn April 2002, Matt and I roadtripped to New Orleans together, after two years of ICQ conversation, and a week after meeting in person for the first time. And we fell in love.
It has been ten years since then. TEN Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 17, 2012
- Tweaking stops to dig for dinosaursA couple of days ago, I made a fairly major change to our trip plans, deciding we should leave Yellowstone a day early to make our way to Thermopolis. Initially, I was attracted by the idea of [[http://www.thermopolis.com/WebPage33.aspx|swimming in hot Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 12, 2012
- Red foxes diving for mice in YellowstoneMy obsession with this trip has affected my television watching habits. I am one of those strange people who likes to have a TV on constantly in the background whenever I'm doing what might be classified as menial work, like Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 11, 2012
- Retrofitting a bed into the back of our MagnumAs [[http://www.lxforums.com/board/f62/putting-bed-back-magnum-great-american-road-trip-296041/|Matt reported on the LX forums]]:
[quote]For a few years, my wife and I have been talking about doing a big road trip across the US. Last October, to help Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 10, 2012
- Four months to goI need a vacation.
I really need one.
You can tell because despite the fact I have way too much to do, I am spending the majority of my time meticulously researching and planning stops on our Great American Roadtrop. Which is Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 3, 2012
- First Step into the Great UnknownSo we're considering taking the plunge and fulfilling one of Philippe's lifelong dreams (and now mine!) - taking a roadtrip through the great Alaskan and Canadian wilderness (see map above). Would love to hear and connect with people who have Posted by kimkc in Philippe & Kim's ALCAN Trip 20XX?? | Jan 2, 2012
- African Trip
As my 70th birthday was approaching, I realized how quickly my life was flying by. I thought about the bucket list of things I wished to do & decided if I was going to get items cr Posted by svflanders in African Trip | Jan 1, 2012
- Flight is booked!Ok, I accomplished the hardest step which is booking my ticket. I had a minor meltdown the other night because I was randomly looking up flights and found a round trip flight to Manila for barely over $1,000. And Posted by idontkare in Asia Trip Summer 2012 | Dec 28, 2011
- First stepsA very boring day at work between Christmas and New Years... not much to do so I started thinking about a trip to South America next year... The initial idea was to go for about 4 months, not it looks Posted by ladyzuzu in Lady Zuzu's travel blog | Dec 28, 2011
- Victoria Victory!It's been a while since we returned from our trip to Victoria, and I wanted to answer the pressing question - "did we get arrested at the border trying to smuggle in a Chilean exchange student? Posted by noahv in The Journey is the Reward | Dec 24, 2011
- Women of a certain age......Why Burma? Well I have been wanting to go for a few years now because not that many people go there and I heard that Posted by debbep in The Road to Burma | Dec 23, 2011
- Keeping track of Budget and other boring stuffWe did a bit of a check today to see if we should maybe be planning to be back by Easter, because we will run out of money, rather than in August as planned. As it turns out we are Posted by dariusz in Indulging the Wanderlust | Dec 21, 2011
- Planning (part 1)Planning is under way for our next European sojourn - a month (September 2012) in Italy and France. D and H will spend 10 days in Umbria and Tuscany, while M and M "do" Ireland. We will meet up in Posted by nallac in Europe 2012 | Nov 27, 2011