Blog Entries tagged 'planning'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'planning'
- Getting excited!Welcome to our new travel blog! After having so much fun with our [[http://meganandkevin.travellerspoint.com/toc/|honeymoon blog]], we've decided to try this out again. Just like last time, no promises that we'll be able to update every day, but we'll Posted by megandkev in Asian and Australian Adventures | Jul 21, 2012
- Life in a BagPacking for 5 months backpacking around SE Asia is proving quite difficult. I leave two weeks today, and this is the first travelling of this sort that I will have done. Fitting it all into my 50 litre bag isn’t Posted by wanderhopper in Wander Hopping | Jul 5, 2012
- RTW prep: reading listI'm preparing for a round-the-world (RTW) journey by seeking your advice about destinations, as well as people and things not to be missed while there. To begin, I hope you will help me build a reading list -- not of Posted by Andy Fairbanks in A goat called Andy | Jul 3, 2012
- What to wear and how to wear it (female edition)Taking a break from event-based blogging to offer some advice to would-be roadtroppers, and plug some items of clothing to which I feel indebted.
I wasn't sure what would be the ideal clothing on this trip beforehand. When we initially chose Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jun 21, 2012
- Leaving TodayAfter months of waiting, the day has finally arrived! Excitement hasn't hit yet because I would rather be sleeping right now. But of course, the body sensed what today was bringing and woke me up at five. It's currently eight Posted by 2DudesInEurope in Mother, We're Okay | Jun 20, 2012
- Getting Started....an idea thrown out while having a lovely night in with our good friends Clare and Rob. We were all talking about freedom and being able to just go. Alcohol may have been consumed at some point; I'll neither confirm Posted by fordcrew in 8 Feet & 4 Paw Prints | Jun 18, 2012
- "Safari" Game Drive in Sri LankaIn planning our trip we had been thinking of game drives (often referred to as safari) for our Africa leg, but Sri Lanka has a very good reputation for viewing wild animals and based on some suggestions from the folks Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | May 24, 2012
- Last Minute Trip to Sri Lanka, An IntroductionEven by my standards we were plan-light for Sri Lanka.
In the year-plus that we spent planning for our departure most of our effort was focused on getting away from our lives in Santa Monica and figuring out how we would Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | May 20, 2012
- Getting ready: 11 days until I leaveI am trying to finalize my plans. So far, I am "solid" from KCI to Detroit to Rome to Malta. I spend several days in Malta, then ferry to Sicily. I leave the third evening on an Posted by wanlessmd in Sweet Sabbatical 2012 | May 13, 2012
- Mothers' Day and Our Two Month Travel Anniversary - Surprise
Is there a better way to celebrate both Mother’s Day today AND the 2 month anniversary of the beginning of our trip than with a bout of travelers sickness? I’m not going to name names, b Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | May 13, 2012
- Getting ReadyThis is our first blog about our year long travel in South East Asia. Here is some quick and brief background information about us. My girlfriend and I decided to take a year off from work so we could get Posted by Pourquoipas in Pourquoi pas? | Apr 29, 2012
- Woah. We won the lottery.So, craziness. A couple of months ago, [[http://roadtrop.travellerspoint.com/1/|I reported]] that we were lucky enough to snag a campsite in Yosemite for Memorial Day weekend in the few short minutes before they sold out completely. Shortly afterward, we Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Apr 15, 2012
- What is the Capital of Yugoslavia? Across the Old FrontlineFor some reason, a few years ago, Nathan came home from school singing "What's the capital of Yugoslavia?" as part of some sort of birthday celebration. I don't really understand the context, but it became interesting to them that I Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | Apr 13, 2012
- Trial Run 3Less than four weeks to go now until we leave for the big journey. The end of my semester is approaching, with its requisite deadlines and procrastinated workload, so this may be the last time we do a sleepover test Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Apr 9, 2012
- Squeezing an Elephant into a MouseOne of the many questions that one needs to answer before walking out the door and leaving the comfort of a closet, a nice comfy bed, a relaxing couch and the option of choosing between multiple pairs of shoes is Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Mar 30, 2012
- ForumolicIn order to plan your RTW trip there are many factors that need to be considered and researched.
The days of Moses just planning to walk 40 years through the desert with no sunscreen, no knowing when monsoon season was, Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Mar 23, 2012
- The plan........Who, where & when.==EuroRoadTrip==
I hadn't heard from Marko for a while........ we are both busy (doing what is anybody's guess)...so when I received an email telling me that the lads were thinking of ridin Posted by fotosyncro in EuroRoadTrip | Mar 19, 2012
- Trial Run 2Matt and I took another test run of our sleeping cabin on wheels this weekend, with a trip down to Delaware. Initially we were hoping to see NASA fire some rockets, but it became clear on the way down that Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Mar 18, 2012
- Solar Eclipse May 20!I was idly browsing the [[http://www.nps.gov|National Park Service website]] this evening, as one does when one is obsessed with planning a giant roadtrop, when I stumbled over [[http://www.nature.nps.gov/features/eclipse/index.cfm|this page]]:
[img=ht Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Mar 16, 2012
- Of Special Guest stars and stinky socksThis week’s blog entry will be slightly different than the ones before. Now I know that some of you will sigh in relief as the last couple of weeks the nostalgic and the philosophical aspects of my entries were slightly Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Mar 16, 2012
- 3 Years 10 t-shirts==Next stop Kathmandu!==
Well it's finally arrived, I'm sitting here once again in the kitchen, on the laptop (a new one I might add, very swish) and typing what is our last blog entry just 4 hours before we leave for Posted by BrettBethany in One Last Trip... | Mar 15, 2012
- An impromptu test of our custom recreational vehicleThe very day that we had completed installing the bed in the back of our car, I wanted to test it out. It felt a bit like having a tent, but only your backyard to camp in, and not having Posted by leviathant in ROADTROP | Mar 13, 2012
- The grit of the Highway just moments away53 days. That is all that is left before we leave for our 12 month adventure around the globe. I know that me counting the days, hours and minutes seems a bit annoying, but it is not every day that Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Mar 9, 2012
- States we're hittingLists are fun. For example, I have a packing list that I've been working on obsessively for literally months now.
Today I felt curious about how many states we'll be driving through on the roadtrop. So I compiled a list.
# Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Mar 8, 2012
- Planning for my tripSo for the last 3 years I have been feeling a calling to hike the Pacific Crest Trail from Mexico to Canada on the West Coast of the United States of America. In September of 2010, I met someone while Posted by walkinman in Pacific Crest Trail Thru Hike | Mar 8, 2012