Blog Entries tagged 'planning'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'planning'
- Retrofitting a bed into the back of our Magnum, part 2I bought a new four-inch foam mattress for $80 on eBay. I was thinking about sourcing one secondhand on Craigslist, but then recalled a very unfortunate incident involving bedbugs that occurred when we went to Egypt in 2010. Just thinking Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 24, 2012
- 730 days in Haiti. D-25. Statues vs. Turtles
It goes without saying: I haven’t gone far with my planning. On the contrary, I think I want to add one “to do” to my wish list. Easter Islands. Just to make things easier ;) However, I do Posted by yayamari in Merry-Go-Latin | Jan 23, 2012
- Prep on 23rd January 2012So this is it, the first post! I'm sitting here on the laptop in David and Sue's kitchen, dreaming of what's to come. So far this evening we've had my little nephew Max over with his mummy Coral which was Posted by BrettBethany in One Last Trip... | Jan 23, 2012
- Our Magnum on IKEAHackersFollowing a suggestion in the comments of the [[http://roadtrop.travellerspoint.com/3/|below blog entry]], I submitted our bed-in-a-Magnum to IKEAhackers, and they just published it:
[[http://www.ikeahackers.net/2012/01/hacking-bed-into-back-of-station Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 20, 2012
- D-29, the countdown (and the planning) beginsHere we are. It is officially D-29 to my Haiti assignment ending date (that is if nothing changes between now and then, as it did actually happen the last four times).
After 5 and a half years of continuous work Posted by yayamari in Merry-Go-Latin | Jan 20, 2012
- Accommodation in New OrleansIn April 2002, Matt and I roadtripped to New Orleans together, after two years of ICQ conversation, and a week after meeting in person for the first time. And we fell in love.
It has been ten years since then. TEN Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 17, 2012
- Tweaking stops to dig for dinosaursA couple of days ago, I made a fairly major change to our trip plans, deciding we should leave Yellowstone a day early to make our way to Thermopolis. Initially, I was attracted by the idea of [[http://www.thermopolis.com/WebPage33.aspx|swimming in hot Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 12, 2012
- Red foxes diving for mice in YellowstoneMy obsession with this trip has affected my television watching habits. I am one of those strange people who likes to have a TV on constantly in the background whenever I'm doing what might be classified as menial work, like Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 11, 2012
- Retrofitting a bed into the back of our MagnumAs [[http://www.lxforums.com/board/f62/putting-bed-back-magnum-great-american-road-trip-296041/|Matt reported on the LX forums]]:
[quote]For a few years, my wife and I have been talking about doing a big road trip across the US. Last October, to help Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 10, 2012
- Four months to goI need a vacation.
I really need one.
You can tell because despite the fact I have way too much to do, I am spending the majority of my time meticulously researching and planning stops on our Great American Roadtrop. Which is Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Jan 3, 2012
- First Step into the Great UnknownSo we're considering taking the plunge and fulfilling one of Philippe's lifelong dreams (and now mine!) - taking a roadtrip through the great Alaskan and Canadian wilderness (see map above). Would love to hear and connect with people who have Posted by kimkc in Philippe & Kim's ALCAN Trip 20XX?? | Jan 2, 2012
- African Trip
As my 70th birthday was approaching, I realized how quickly my life was flying by. I thought about the bucket list of things I wished to do & decided if I was going to get items cr Posted by svflanders in African Trip | Jan 1, 2012
- Flight is booked!Ok, I accomplished the hardest step which is booking my ticket. I had a minor meltdown the other night because I was randomly looking up flights and found a round trip flight to Manila for barely over $1,000. And Posted by idontkare in Asia Trip Summer 2012 | Dec 28, 2011
- First stepsA very boring day at work between Christmas and New Years... not much to do so I started thinking about a trip to South America next year... The initial idea was to go for about 4 months, not it looks Posted by ladyzuzu in Lady Zuzu's travel blog | Dec 28, 2011
- Victoria Victory!It's been a while since we returned from our trip to Victoria, and I wanted to answer the pressing question - "did we get arrested at the border trying to smuggle in a Chilean exchange student? Posted by noahv in The Journey is the Reward | Dec 24, 2011
- Women of a certain age......Why Burma? Well I have been wanting to go for a few years now because not that many people go there and I heard that Posted by debbep in The Road to Burma | Dec 23, 2011
- Keeping track of Budget and other boring stuffWe did a bit of a check today to see if we should maybe be planning to be back by Easter, because we will run out of money, rather than in August as planned. As it turns out we are Posted by dariusz in Indulging the Wanderlust | Dec 21, 2011
- Planning (part 1)Planning is under way for our next European sojourn - a month (September 2012) in Italy and France. D and H will spend 10 days in Umbria and Tuscany, while M and M "do" Ireland. We will meet up in Posted by nallac in Europe 2012 | Nov 27, 2011
- The waiting gameToday I did my last shift at a local town centre restaurant. I'd been there for two and a half years, it was the first job I had and as happy as I was to leave for a new start, Posted by mattcox3 in Time Stops | Nov 13, 2011
- While researching Thailand..."Take only pictures and leave only bubbles!" Posted by marvandmel in "Let's go get it..." | Oct 31, 2011
- Getting closer
Reminiscent of the days of university yore, Marv, Grace and I pounded out the details of the Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia leg of our trip together. Caffeine, munchies, books, paper and wifi to Posted by marvandmel in "Let's go get it..." | Oct 29, 2011
- And the countdown ticks away...As the clock rang midnight, "our trip countdown days just hit less than double-digits!" Marvin so dutifully pointed out.
I haven't made it through half of these yet. Posted by marvandmel in "Let's go get it..." | Oct 27, 2011
- The Big 5...His mother gave him the name Surprise but the guests at Berg-en-Dal, a camp in the Krüger National Park, was used to call him Lucky. We learnt why one morning in October.
He began his introduction bragging modestly. Hi I am Posted by kedner in Fratelli Parcheggio´s journey to Africa | Oct 5, 2011
- Is Russia Really that Bad???Are Russians really bad? – 5th October 2011
I have always been really quite anxious about visiting Russia, I have read about the frequent muggings, often violent, tending to target men on their own at night. I have heard about Posted by beatski in incidentals | Oct 5, 2011
- VulturesWe had a plan that I think many have entering a National Park in Africa.
Look for vultures in the sky. If you find them then there might be a kill nearby.
Unfortunately we didn´t see a single one in the sky Posted by kedner in Fratelli Parcheggio´s journey to Africa | Oct 3, 2011