Blog Entries tagged 'planning'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'planning'
- Getting ready: 11 days until I leaveI am trying to finalize my plans. So far, I am "solid" from KCI to Detroit to Rome to Malta. I spend several days in Malta, then ferry to Sicily. I leave the third evening on an Posted by wanlessmd in Sweet Sabbatical 2012 | May 13, 2012
- Mothers' Day and Our Two Month Travel Anniversary - Surprise
Is there a better way to celebrate both Mother’s Day today AND the 2 month anniversary of the beginning of our trip than with a bout of travelers sickness? I’m not going to name names, b Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | May 13, 2012
- Getting ReadyThis is our first blog about our year long travel in South East Asia. Here is some quick and brief background information about us. My girlfriend and I decided to take a year off from work so we could get Posted by Pourquoipas in Pourquoi pas? | Apr 29, 2012
- Woah. We won the lottery.So, craziness. A couple of months ago, [[http://roadtrop.travellerspoint.com/1/|I reported]] that we were lucky enough to snag a campsite in Yosemite for Memorial Day weekend in the few short minutes before they sold out completely. Shortly afterward, we Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Apr 15, 2012
- What is the Capital of Yugoslavia? Across the Old FrontlineFor some reason, a few years ago, Nathan came home from school singing "What's the capital of Yugoslavia?" as part of some sort of birthday celebration. I don't really understand the context, but it became interesting to them that I Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | Apr 13, 2012
- Trial Run 3Less than four weeks to go now until we leave for the big journey. The end of my semester is approaching, with its requisite deadlines and procrastinated workload, so this may be the last time we do a sleepover test Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Apr 9, 2012
- Squeezing an Elephant into a MouseOne of the many questions that one needs to answer before walking out the door and leaving the comfort of a closet, a nice comfy bed, a relaxing couch and the option of choosing between multiple pairs of shoes is Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Mar 30, 2012
- ForumolicIn order to plan your RTW trip there are many factors that need to be considered and researched.
The days of Moses just planning to walk 40 years through the desert with no sunscreen, no knowing when monsoon season was, Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Mar 23, 2012
- The plan........Who, where & when.==EuroRoadTrip==
I hadn't heard from Marko for a while........ we are both busy (doing what is anybody's guess)...so when I received an email telling me that the lads were thinking of ridin Posted by fotosyncro in EuroRoadTrip | Mar 19, 2012
- Trial Run 2Matt and I took another test run of our sleeping cabin on wheels this weekend, with a trip down to Delaware. Initially we were hoping to see NASA fire some rockets, but it became clear on the way down that Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Mar 18, 2012
- Solar Eclipse May 20!I was idly browsing the [[http://www.nps.gov|National Park Service website]] this evening, as one does when one is obsessed with planning a giant roadtrop, when I stumbled over [[http://www.nature.nps.gov/features/eclipse/index.cfm|this page]]:
[img=ht Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Mar 16, 2012
- Of Special Guest stars and stinky socksThis week’s blog entry will be slightly different than the ones before. Now I know that some of you will sigh in relief as the last couple of weeks the nostalgic and the philosophical aspects of my entries were slightly Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Mar 16, 2012
- 3 Years 10 t-shirts==Next stop Kathmandu!==
Well it's finally arrived, I'm sitting here once again in the kitchen, on the laptop (a new one I might add, very swish) and typing what is our last blog entry just 4 hours before we leave for Posted by BrettBethany in One Last Trip... | Mar 15, 2012
- An impromptu test of our custom recreational vehicleThe very day that we had completed installing the bed in the back of our car, I wanted to test it out. It felt a bit like having a tent, but only your backyard to camp in, and not having Posted by leviathant in ROADTROP | Mar 13, 2012
- The grit of the Highway just moments away53 days. That is all that is left before we leave for our 12 month adventure around the globe. I know that me counting the days, hours and minutes seems a bit annoying, but it is not every day that Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Mar 9, 2012
- States we're hittingLists are fun. For example, I have a packing list that I've been working on obsessively for literally months now.
Today I felt curious about how many states we'll be driving through on the roadtrop. So I compiled a list.
# Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Mar 8, 2012
- Planning for my tripSo for the last 3 years I have been feeling a calling to hike the Pacific Crest Trail from Mexico to Canada on the West Coast of the United States of America. In September of 2010, I met someone while Posted by walkinman in Pacific Crest Trail Thru Hike | Mar 8, 2012
- Countdown revised, and so the plan. D-4Finally, a bit more visibility and practical action taken towards the goal (that is, organizing the trip).
The final routing is Port-au-Prince - Panama - Buenos Aires - La Habana - Port-au-Prince. Leaving on March-01 and coming back on April-09 Posted by yayamari in Merry-Go-Latin | Feb 26, 2012
- BearsT minus ten weeks today! Preparation is going very well. I have now ascertained that we'll be able to take the roof rack off the Magnum, since all our luggage will fit easily under the bed; this will probably save Posted by mormolyke in ROADTROP | Feb 25, 2012
- Sue me I like shoppingSo today I’ll shed some light on the nicer parts of preparing for the trip – retail therapy!
This part of the preparation is maybe one of the most crucial of them all as you have to pick your companions Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Feb 24, 2012
- The appetizersOne of the first things that I had to overcome when Ronni and I first talked about the (back then proposterous) idea of travelling the world, was that you needed to be someone "outdoorsy", someone who goes rockclimbing on weekend, Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Feb 17, 2012
- 3 Months DownBefore we left on our trip, we had planned out a three month journey that got us to Robin’s Uncle’s house in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We have now been traveling for ¼ of a year and it still feels Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Feb 13, 2012
- PackingWe're off tomorrow evening so today is the day for last minute preparations and the dreaded task of packing. I've done many practice packs over the last couple of weeks and even the most successful have resulted in my bag Posted by charlotter45 in Charlotte and Stephen's Adventure! | Feb 12, 2012
- 9 days to go!
So it's 9 days before we head off on our adventure and I'm feeling pretty prepared - I've done a practice pack and got everything I need. Stephen, on the other hand, is on holiday in Posted by charlotter45 in Charlotte and Stephen's Adventure! | Feb 4, 2012
- Another week down, 6 to go...===February 1st===
Seems like a good time to make another entry seeing as we're officially going travelling NEXT MONTH! Very exciting.
At the moment I am trying to make sure that I do one thing every day for travelling to make sure Posted by BrettBethany in One Last Trip... | Feb 1, 2012