Blog Entries tagged 'preparation'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'preparation'
- Keeping In TouchThe thought of going traveling is really exciting, although the amount of things you need to do to prepare for it can be a little daunting.
We have just approximately two months (May - June 2010) to get ready before Posted by Chris-Nic in Preparing to Leave | Jan 1, 2017
- 18 days to go Have now been in our apartment for nearly 2 weeks. Will start our final preparations for the cruise to South America in the next week or so.
We are really looking forward to a 3 month rest after all of the Posted by Acudoc2007 in Circumnavigation of South America | Dec 24, 2016
- Trip Planning and PreparationIt took us a long time to decide where to go this holiday. I think the fact that we had only 1 week really impacted the decision. When I asked Pete what he wanted he said "sun" and "something different", Posted by Libbytes in Morocco Road Trip | Nov 5, 2016
- Just over 3 months outHi All
In just over 3 months we are hoping to move into the new apartment in Doncaster, pay for the cruise and pack for the longest holiday/cruise in our life. Up to now our longest cruise was in 2011 when Posted by Acudoc2007 in Circumnavigation of South America | Sep 24, 2016
- Canadian Rockies BimblePerhaps I should begin with an explanation. If you have never heard of the term, I should explain Bimbling[b][/b]
The Oxford English Dictionary defines it as A Leisurely Journey
The Collins English Dictionary as [b]To wander aimlessly, Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | May 29, 2016
- Enjoying the last couple of days before our departureHaving left our place, we realized how much stress was suddenly falling off. And seven hours later we reached Kirchanschöring. Max sleep deeply by the time we arrived, but my parents and aunt were still up, such that we could Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Apr 30, 2016
- Busy months of preparationsSince it's introduction in September 2015 our action list has grown to a sheer size of over 180 line items. Sometimes we're surprised ourselves, how much there's to be done before we're actually able to leave.
Because at first glance, Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Apr 6, 2016
- Bringing a vague idea to lifeThinking about doing a trip around the world is one thing, but then there's this big step to actually start doing something about it.
In our case there was no clearly pronounced key moment when we suddenly said 'yes, let's Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Apr 3, 2016
- Preparing for Patagonia: Chilean style When I decided to head to Patagonia, I dutifully read up on both the Argentinian and Chilean side, which is where I really learned about the Torres del Paine in Chilean Patagonia. It didn't even occur to me that I Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Feb 24, 2016
- What's the big idea?
We heard this from just about everyone, including each other, from the outset of this decision. This grand delusion that we conjured up of putting our successful Posted by rheamarietx in Our Postcard Home | Jan 12, 2016
- Getting readyThis day has come around so quickly. This time tomorrow I'll be well on my way to San Francisco. A two hour layover in Honolulu will give me just enough time to go through customs and get to Posted by SFforChristmas in San Francisco for Christmas | Dec 11, 2015
- The ShoreI already miss the beach and feel a strong need to walk back and forth along the shore the last few days - listening to the lap of the waves and watching the gulls. A longing to go the Posted by DancingWithCoco in Meandering in the land of Peter Rabbit | Dec 10, 2015
- GratitudesAs pilgrim on this path, I want to give thanks along my way - at the various places that will act as touchstones on my journey. Today I picked up a bundle of municipal pins at the town hall Posted by DancingWithCoco in Meandering in the land of Peter Rabbit | Dec 8, 2015
- Traveling FamiliarA familiar to travel with? How can I leave behind the newly acquired Olaf after discovering hm tucked behind a counter on a recent trip to a bookstore. Olaf's quirkiness seems the perfect match for my inner offbeat humour, Posted by DancingWithCoco in Meandering in the land of Peter Rabbit | Dec 8, 2015
- Preparation It's become apparent in my gathering of items to journey with me that, fingers crossed, Air Canada won't count the weight of books if I throw them in the air as they pass over the scale. How one can Posted by DancingWithCoco in Meandering in the land of Peter Rabbit | Dec 8, 2015
- Before the offSo here it is, the blog I've promised to set up to keep you updated on my travels. I've never been much good at keeping a diary but I will endeavour to write here to let you know what Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Oct 12, 2015
- Nine more sleepsSo it's nine more sleeps ............ "until the bags are packed and I'm ready to go". Still a lot to complete though. I'll check back in in a few days to update the preparations. Posted by Lyn Dennis in Kopecks to Koruna | Aug 25, 2015
- Operation Carry-OnFiguring out exactly what you need to live for a week can be a challenge, nevermind two months. I will be the first to admit that micro planning and organization are not my strongest skills. I like to Posted by katiemc08 in Trek Afar with McGarr | Jun 15, 2015
- Camino de SantiagoMy son Spenser and I depart for Paris on April 26. He returns May 2 while I travel by train to St Jean Pied de Port to join Hans and Marty.
I'm curious to see if I remain committed to Posted by al poole in Camino de santiago | Apr 24, 2015
- Hong Kong, here we comeA wise man once said: "gourmet traveller who not visit Hong Kong must be off his noodle!". You know who you are, and you're right. Dreaming of dim sum breakfasts and streetside noodle houses, we decided a few Posted by NarLin in The Nerds at Number 10: HK Hooray! | Jan 31, 2015
- Not Long to WaitI'm planning for this to be the last entry until we're in Fort Lauderdale. Final preparations have gone so smoothly that I'm now worried that I've missed something. I've also found it difficult to build up enthusiasm for Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Jan 22, 2015
- A Month of Ontario & Kentucky[center]As I write this I am jamming out pretty hard to what might be the most random I-Tunes mix this side of the Mississippi. We’re talking Steve Winwood, Eminem, and One Republic, over to Florida Georgia Line, The Naked and Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Nov 22, 2014
- Driving in the campervanWed 17-Sep
I am sitting in the rear section of the campervan as we zoom southwards in France. I had a good long drive yesterday, and on the motorway the campervan got up to 130km/h - the speed limit on the Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 17, 2014
- Nearly Ready!Not long to go before we leave now
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Aug 30, 2014
- Double your pleasure. Double your fun.==[center]Life. Living it and Loving it.[/center]==
[center] August 9th. I'd been awake for nearing 20 hours, was still on the high of earning a 3rd place age group and top ten overall place at Nationals, and was now in line Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Aug 27, 2014