Blog Entries tagged 'river'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'river'
- Rhine River- Part 2On Saturday, we headed into the cute little Rhine River town of Bacharach. At about 10am we boarded a KD Rhine River day cruise, headed towards St. Goar. It was windy on the boat but, the views were Posted by krismcwill in Our European Adventure | Sep 10, 2012
- Bright Lights, Big City.Fukuoka has a really different atmosphere from the other cities that we have been in. This city really is an urban jungle and has a fast paced, hard nosed feel about it. Fukuoka is said to be the hedonistic centre Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 14, 2012
- The Nubra Valley
We had a few days of recuperation in Leh after our trek and managed to find an organised tour into the Nubra Valley which is very close to the Tibetan and Pakistani borders. Over the las Posted by takinitezy in Two Months in Incredible India | Oct 12, 2012
- New England - Day 3 - More White Mountains, NHAccording to our original plans, we would have been checking out of Mt Coolidge Motel this morning and taking a scenic route from Lincoln, NH to Bar Harbor, ME. Since the weather had turned bad and it was moving Posted by eightylbs in Off Too See The World | Oct 9, 2012
- Double-Dating, the other kindTwo nights ago, after working at Refuge until 6 AM and sleeping in past noon, Zac and I awoke to something we thought we had lost: a day off. We began by sitting on the couch, drinking obscene amounts of Posted by Further in Dont know where, Dont know how | Sep 25, 2012
- River Plate 1-2 Belgrano Posted by Kan_Kan_Can in not recommended by the lonely planet | Sep 22, 2012
- Buenos Aires, Argentina[img= Posted by Kan_Kan_Can in not recommended by the lonely planet | Sep 22, 2012
- Vang Vieng: Tubing in Laos - update===Firstly, I'm really grateful for all the responses to the last post: good and bad. And there were some howlers. But >20,000 views & hundreds of shares on FB made my week, so thank you! :)
===Secondly, I Posted by Jamie V in The Voyages Of Venning | Sep 18, 2012
- Land of the head hunters...Borneo!Kuching, Borneo - First stop on our whirlwind tour of South East Asia.
The reason Kuching was on our itinerary was because Ken gave me a list of a few of the things he wanted to see and do during Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Sep 9, 2012
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Tubing 'finished' by Laos.
(Note to fellow Travellerspoint.com users: please excuse disruption to my blogging order, but this may impact your travels)
As of the last week, the Communist administration of LAO P.D.R have been closing down the popular 'Tubing' town of Vang Vieng. Posted by Jamie V in The Voyages Of Venning | Sep 2, 2012
- Borneo JungleBeen thinking about this trip for so many years,been reading and listening to stories about this place for many times...and yesterday,we made it after a call to someone we know there and he arranged the trip for us.
Departed at 4 Posted by Tracks BNB in Borneo Jungle | Aug 3, 2012
- Day 16
We fuelled up and departed Winton at about 9.00 am and reached some lovely looking hills and a rest area near Amelia Downs Station.[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/491722/2012_Aug_1.. Posted by Hiroes in 2012 Winter Trip Around Australia | Aug 1, 2012
- Obertraun OBERTRAUN
Obertraun is a village in the Salzkammergut. It's nothing special about the village itself: very beautiful, pastoral and cleanly - as elsewhere in Austria. In short, nothing extraordinary, yet delightful.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Jul 25, 2012
- Pedernales Falls State Park, Texas==And we are off- Friday...==
At the beginning of the summer it was my goal to be out and about in the travel trailer as much as possible. After a disappointing June we finally made our way to Pedernales Falls Posted by TheQuestForFun in The Eternal Quest For Fun | Jul 26, 2012
- The Chobe River Ferry Crossing AdventureAs much traveling as I’ve done, I’m still intimidated by hawkers, touts and the demanding porters that were waiting for us at the ferry crossing. In order to get from Botswana to Victoria Falls, one of the seven "natural wonders Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | Jul 1, 2012
- A Weekend of Game in BotswanaThe lodge we had somewhat haphazardly picked was quite beautiful in a typical game lodge sort of way. Thatch roofs, dark woods, everything open to the air. There were game viewing Land Cruisers with open sides in driveway and lots Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | Jul 1, 2012
- 3 Months And Going Strong
Yes you read the title correctly. In another week or so it will have been three months since I had flown out Posted by laxman0284 in I opted for fun in this lifetime | Jun 29, 2012
- Day 4: Thailand==Food==
Thailand...the land of unidentifiable dried foods in plastic bags? It certainly feels this way. Local markets have a wide array of bagged foods, at times including drinks and sauces, but always in the same type of air-filled plastic bag. I Posted by ruth'stravels in Travel in the Life of Ruth | Jun 18, 2012
- The King & the rest.It's our last night in Bangkok tonight. It's a funny place this city. You'll see absolute poverty right next to a five star hotel. Yet everyone seems to get on pretty well together. We took a boat up and down Posted by goldenmaverick in There and back again | Jun 6, 2012
- River Adventures in Sri Lanka - Rafting and CanyoningWhen we were in Hong Kong we went to an amusement park that had a rafting ride. The boys loved it and rode it three or four times so we decided that we would try to go river rafting somewhere Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | May 27, 2012
- 4000 Miles in 30 Days: A Love Affair and The EndI’ve fallen in love again. It was a brief affair, only three days, but it left me with that wonderful feeling of love. My symptoms are acute, and easy to diagnose. I feel the lighthearted tapping of butterfly wings in Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | May 11, 2012
- Ninh Binh and HueNinh Binh:
Ninh Binh was so much better than I thought it'd be; the landscape of the area was the most beautiful and interesting I've ever seen and getting on a motorcycle was also pretty fun (until we got into traffic!). Posted by charlotter45 in Charlotte and Stephen's Adventure! | Apr 29, 2012
- Dimanche et Lundi a Nantes and LilleIf Saturday is market day .... Sunday is rest and relaxation day. Most stores are closed, residents hurry along to church services with the Church bells tolling constantly. Those not in Church are in shorts and joggers pounding along on Posted by Lyn Dennis in It's Really Happening | Apr 23, 2012
- Koh Rong (but oh so right!)We hadn’t planned this part of our trip, but we had 10 days spare before needing to be in Bangkok so we decided to travel south in Cambodia and visit the beach town of Sihanoukville. After a bit of planning Posted by charlotter45 in Charlotte and Stephen's Adventure! | Apr 11, 2012
- "Incredible India"I have to admit, I haven't been very good at bathing in this bucket lately. Our last few weeks in India were emotionally draining as India's in-your-face culture, sights, colors, smells and sounds can be taxing on the senses. Posted by bucketbath in Bucket Bath | Apr 5, 2012