Blog Entries tagged 'river'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'river'
- Yichang, Hubei[center][/center]
YICHANG is the gateway to the Three Gorges. The Three Gorges Dam, completed in 2012, is the largest hydro power plant I Posted by CherylGypsyRose in China on Fifty Dollars a Day | Nov 14, 2015
- The Wet Tropics
We had arranged to do a twilight tour on the Daintree River and wanted to use the rest of the day to explore the rainforest from our accommodation southwards towards the river. Daylig Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 25, 2015
- A Town That's AliceAlthough our bunks were comfortable enough, neither of us slept particularly soundly. In part this was due in part to the fact that at times the train would stop for quite a while and when it did you found yourself Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 14, 2015
- An Encounter with the Wildlife of the Northern TerritoriesToday we were off to the Litchfield National Park with a company called Walleroo Tours. The tone of the trip was set before we left our apartment as one of the things we were asked to bring with us was Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 13, 2015
- Goodbye Australia[center][/center]
There were tears - more than I expected - as I said goodbye to the place I have called home for the last year.
'Straya has been a real mix of tricks - each location h Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Aug 3, 2015
- Lane Poole Reserve (1)With a long weekend approaching... Nil other commitments for myself and kids... (No such luck for Hubby unfortunately. He had to work the Monday public holiday)... And no real rain predicted... the constant, slowly smoldering thought Posted by Goannaray in Exploring with Goannaray | Jun 15, 2015
- Along The Mekong RiverAcross the Great Mekong River
This was the most amazing experience i had during my visit to Cambodia and Vietnam .The great river is the seventh largest in Asia and covers Cambodia, Vitnam , Laos , Mynamar . It forms the Posted by Anuj Tikku in Tikku's Travelthon | Jun 13, 2015
- Sin Free HaridwarReligious hubs such as Hardwar should be on the must-see list of foreign tourists who want to experience the “real” India. Crowds of devotees streaming to the ghats are hypnotic. The single-minded quest to wash away one’s sins by taking Posted by Anuj Tikku in Tikku's Travelthon | Jun 13, 2015
- [Florence] View of Ponte Vecchio from Ponte Santa Trinita[center][/center]
Previous entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/31/|[Florence] Meeting David at Piazza della Signoria ]]
Pictures have been heavily re-sized for easier loa Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | Jun 2, 2015
- Chessie the long-distance swimming manateeYou may have heard about Chessie the famous “long distance manatee” in the news. If you don’t know what a manatee is, you can go to our manatee film script and read about them. Chessie is a male West Indian Posted by riverventures in River Ventures | Apr 28, 2015
- Even Barbie Doesn’t Want To Associate Herself With SeaWorld Barbie has quit SeaWorld!
Toy giant Mattel has decided to end production of “all SeaWorld-branded merchandise, including SeaWorld Trainer Barbies,” the New York Post reports.
The iconic doll joins a growing group of people opposing the theme park, f Posted by riverventures in River Ventures | Apr 25, 2015
- About 20 manatees rescued from Florida storm drain(Reuters) – About 20 Florida manatees were freed by early Tuesday morning from a storm drain near Cape Canaveral, where they were apparently trying to warm themselves, officials and local media said.
Video footage showed a rescuer comforting one manate Posted by riverventures in River Ventures | Apr 25, 2015
- Watchdog group says manatee harassment ‘out of control’Agency efforts to educate visitors sometimes met with verbal abuse, according to federal biologists
[i]Manatees gather at King Spring, along Florida’s Crystal River, whic Posted by riverventures in River Ventures | Apr 21, 2015
- Manatees gather at Three Sisters SpringsIt’s a crisp cool early morning along Florida’s Gulf Coast. I’ve stopped at the Crystal River Kayak Company in Citrus County. As I wait outside the building, a young man unlocks an aluminum sliding door and pulls it open revealing Posted by riverventures in River Ventures | Apr 18, 2015
- How Not to Be a Jerk While Swimming With Manatees in FloridaCitrus County, Fla., is the only place in North America where you can legally swim with manatees in their natural habitat. Hundreds of these endangered marine mammals, which look like an adorable cross between a seal and a potato, gather Posted by riverventures in River Ventures | Apr 18, 2015
- ONE Central Florida Short Bucket List Legacy
Three sisters carry on their deceased mother's bucket list quest when they swim with manatees in Crystal River, FL.
www.riverventures.com Posted by riverventures in River Ventures | Apr 14, 2015
- SloveniaI got to Zagreb at about 6am, broke and freakishly hungry. Wandered around the station trying to find something to buy with less than 1 kuna LOL. Eventually I gave up and bought 2 disgusting choco banana things for breakfast. Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 14, 2015
- Mission/s impossible?NOT ALL MISSIONS ARE IMPOSSIBLE …at least we hope not and it's good to be on the road once again …
We had unpacked over 120 boxes and installed ourselves in a lovely home at Tea Gardens Grange, viewing the scenery Posted by twodubfers in Here we go - another trip! | Feb 2, 2015
- Yangtze A 4 day luxury cruise down the Yangtze River was definitely one way to get from Chongquing to Shanghai. Regarded as the lifeblood of China, the mighty Yangtze is bestowed with sheer gorges, mountain villages, and spectacular scenery.
[img=http://photos Posted by 2 Idiots Abroad in 2 Idiots Abroad | Dec 28, 2014
- [Bangkok] Night Cruise at Chao Phraya River
There are lots of choices for the Night Cruise at Chao Phraya River , Chaophraya Dinner Cruise, Loy Nava Cruise , Chao Phraya Princess Dinner Cruise, Horizon Cruise, etc,. We can see other Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog of Simony。 | Dec 3, 2014
- 夜遊昭披耶河(Chao Phraya River) 湄南河- Horizon Cruise by Shangri-la [[http://simony.travellerspoint.com/120/|<English Version>]]
曼谷的夜遊昭披耶河(Chao Phraya River)連晚餐的選擇很多，Chaophraya Dinner Cruise, Loy Nava Cruise , Chao Phraya Princess Dinner Cruise, Horizon C Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog of Simony。 | Dec 3, 2014
- BangkokWow -
Bangkok is pretty overwhelming! It is a sprawling and furious mix of people, street food, zany concepts of traffic control all simmered in stifling heat and humidity. In other words, a pretty awesome place.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by tdeits in Tom's Travels | Nov 19, 2014
- We arrived on shipYesterday we got a taxi from downtown Munich to the airport and met up with the Viking team who got us on board the bus to Passau. We enjoyed the scenery - green fields, dried corn stalks, distant rolling forests Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Oct 19, 2014
- Ninh BinhNinh Binh was a great stop on our way south. I ended up staying 4 nights there. I stayed at the New Queen Mini Hotel, which was great. The room was decent and the staff were really friendly. They advised Posted by derryfadman in Worldwide ramblings | Oct 3, 2014
- Testing the toolsWe are getting excited as we plan for our trip and hope that the Goddess of the Wireless world will be with us as we attempt to upload our travels here. Also hope you will join us from time Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Sep 30, 2014