Blog Entries tagged 'river'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'river'
- The final finale, from Botswana to the lovely South AfricaBy this time we’ve already travelled for over 36 days on the tour. After a weekend of rest and frolics we were ready to head south!
On the Sunday, we met our new Belgian tour guide Bjorn Posted by moseyingmizuiks in Morning Coffee | Apr 15, 2013
- Canoeing Down the ZambeziAfter a day's walking through the Zimbabwean bush in search of an elusive pack of lion and encountering a herd of buffalo (!), it was time for supper under the stars at Zambezi Life Style Ca Posted by haveyoubeenyet in Have You Been Yet? by Pam Fisher | Mar 16, 2013
- Departure![float=left][/float]The day has finally arrived were I’m stepping aboard the most famous rail way in the wo Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Mar 5, 2013
- New Zealand March 2 2013Day 10 Saturday
Another 9:00 start and we were off down highway 5 for a short run to the geothermal fields outside Rotorua to visit the Wai O Tapu (Taboo Waters) Thermal Wonderland. Our Maori guide reminded us of Brett Adams. Posted by suengarry in New Zealand: Feb - Mar 2013 | Mar 3, 2013
- Shopping, crazy taxi rides and Phnom Penh
Leaving Siem Reap in our friendly taxi driver was one for Speed the Movie. He drove like there was no tomorrow. At a point, Steph and I almost locked our jaw in mild-scream when h Posted by LaguardiaC in Travel Twists | Feb 14, 2013
- boating & fishing adventures in Calderitas ===I only have to bike 20mins to get to a supermarket and Cinema which has a few films in English. It's delightful here. Restaurants along the sea front smell delicious. Right in front of the Yaxha campsite you have a Posted by Rose in Mexico in Enchanting Mexico | Jan 30, 2013
- a tale of gullfoss
getting wet is no big deal in iceland with winter showers, snow, hot springs, lagoons and its many rivers, tributaries and waterfalls carving a strong identity on the country’s almost su Posted by icecoldland in Ice Cold Land | Jan 2, 2013
- Touristy stuff and Travelling down the Mae Ping riverNot sure what to do today, we went for a fresh fruit breakfast and a 7-Eleven ice-coffee, to make a plan on what we were going to do for the rest of the day.
We decided to go out of Posted by Olivia-travels2 in Olivia travels2 | Dec 17, 2012
- The Ho Chi Minh trailThe Laos leg of our tour started in Hanoi. To get to Laos we had 2 very long bus journeys ahead of us. The first one was leaving the next morning down to Vinh - still in Vietnam. But first Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Nov 26, 2012
- Sushi with GingercakeToday we visited the Suminda/Ryogoku area of Tokyo. We would like to report an official sighting of a Panda Bus from this area. There are probably only a few of these in the world so we felt very honoured.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/516574/A Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 30, 2012
- Hoi An to HueSo if anyone read the last post, our next journey was the overnight train from Nha Trang to Danang. Now this train was slightly worse then the previous train and no where near as clean. Unfortunately we were not given Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Oct 27, 2012
- Rhine River- Part 2On Saturday, we headed into the cute little Rhine River town of Bacharach. At about 10am we boarded a KD Rhine River day cruise, headed towards St. Goar. It was windy on the boat but, the views were Posted by krismcwill in Our European Adventure | Sep 10, 2012
- Bright Lights, Big City.Fukuoka has a really different atmosphere from the other cities that we have been in. This city really is an urban jungle and has a fast paced, hard nosed feel about it. Fukuoka is said to be the hedonistic centre Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Oct 14, 2012
- The Nubra Valley
We had a few days of recuperation in Leh after our trek and managed to find an organised tour into the Nubra Valley which is very close to the Tibetan and Pakistani borders. Over the las Posted by takinitezy in Two Months in Incredible India | Oct 12, 2012
- New England - Day 3 - More White Mountains, NHAccording to our original plans, we would have been checking out of Mt Coolidge Motel this morning and taking a scenic route from Lincoln, NH to Bar Harbor, ME. Since the weather had turned bad and it was moving Posted by eightylbs in Off Too See The World | Oct 9, 2012
- Double-Dating, the other kindTwo nights ago, after working at Refuge until 6 AM and sleeping in past noon, Zac and I awoke to something we thought we had lost: a day off. We began by sitting on the couch, drinking obscene amounts of Posted by Further in Dont know where, Dont know how | Sep 25, 2012
- River Plate 1-2 Belgrano Posted by Kan_Kan_Can in not recommended by the lonely planet | Sep 22, 2012
- Buenos Aires, Argentina[img= Posted by Kan_Kan_Can in not recommended by the lonely planet | Sep 22, 2012
- Vang Vieng: Tubing in Laos - update===Firstly, I'm really grateful for all the responses to the last post: good and bad. And there were some howlers. But >20,000 views & hundreds of shares on FB made my week, so thank you! :)
===Secondly, I Posted by Jamie V in The Voyages Of Venning | Sep 18, 2012
- Land of the head hunters...Borneo!Kuching, Borneo - First stop on our whirlwind tour of South East Asia.
The reason Kuching was on our itinerary was because Ken gave me a list of a few of the things he wanted to see and do during Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Sep 9, 2012
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Tubing 'finished' by Laos.
(Note to fellow Travellerspoint.com users: please excuse disruption to my blogging order, but this may impact your travels)
As of the last week, the Communist administration of LAO P.D.R have been closing down the popular 'Tubing' town of Vang Vieng. Posted by Jamie V in The Voyages Of Venning | Sep 2, 2012
- Borneo JungleBeen thinking about this trip for so many years,been reading and listening to stories about this place for many times...and yesterday,we made it after a call to someone we know there and he arranged the trip for us.
Departed at 4 Posted by Tracks BNB in Borneo Jungle | Aug 3, 2012
- Day 16
We fuelled up and departed Winton at about 9.00 am and reached some lovely looking hills and a rest area near Amelia Downs Station.[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/491722/2012_Aug_1.. Posted by Hiroes in 2012 Winter Trip Around Australia | Aug 1, 2012
- Obertraun OBERTRAUN
Obertraun is a village in the Salzkammergut. It's nothing special about the village itself: very beautiful, pastoral and cleanly - as elsewhere in Austria. In short, nothing extraordinary, yet delightful.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Jul 25, 2012
- Pedernales Falls State Park, Texas==And we are off- Friday...==
At the beginning of the summer it was my goal to be out and about in the travel trailer as much as possible. After a disappointing June we finally made our way to Pedernales Falls Posted by TheQuestForFun in The Eternal Quest For Fun | Jul 26, 2012