Blog Entries tagged 'river'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'river'
- Obertraun OBERTRAUN
Obertraun is a village in the Salzkammergut. It's nothing special about the village itself: very beautiful, pastoral and cleanly - as elsewhere in Austria. In short, nothing extraordinary, yet delightful.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Jul 25, 2012
- Pedernales Falls State Park, Texas==And we are off- Friday...==
At the beginning of the summer it was my goal to be out and about in the travel trailer as much as possible. After a disappointing June we finally made our way to Pedernales Falls Posted by TheQuestForFun in The Eternal Quest For Fun | Jul 26, 2012
- The Chobe River Ferry Crossing AdventureAs much traveling as I’ve done, I’m still intimidated by hawkers, touts and the demanding porters that were waiting for us at the ferry crossing. In order to get from Botswana to Victoria Falls, one of the seven "natural wonders Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | Jul 1, 2012
- A Weekend of Game in BotswanaThe lodge we had somewhat haphazardly picked was quite beautiful in a typical game lodge sort of way. Thatch roofs, dark woods, everything open to the air. There were game viewing Land Cruisers with open sides in driveway and lots Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | Jul 1, 2012
- 3 Months And Going Strong
Yes you read the title correctly. In another week or so it will have been three months since I had flown out Posted by laxman0284 in I opted for fun in this lifetime | Jun 29, 2012
- Day 4: Thailand==Food==
Thailand...the land of unidentifiable dried foods in plastic bags? It certainly feels this way. Local markets have a wide array of bagged foods, at times including drinks and sauces, but always in the same type of air-filled plastic bag. I Posted by ruth'stravels in Travel in the Life of Ruth | Jun 18, 2012
- The King & the rest.It's our last night in Bangkok tonight. It's a funny place this city. You'll see absolute poverty right next to a five star hotel. Yet everyone seems to get on pretty well together. We took a boat up and down Posted by goldenmaverick in There and back again | Jun 6, 2012
- River Adventures in Sri Lanka - Rafting and CanyoningWhen we were in Hong Kong we went to an amusement park that had a rafting ride. The boys loved it and rode it three or four times so we decided that we would try to go river rafting somewhere Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | May 27, 2012
- 4000 Miles in 30 Days: A Love Affair and The EndI’ve fallen in love again. It was a brief affair, only three days, but it left me with that wonderful feeling of love. My symptoms are acute, and easy to diagnose. I feel the lighthearted tapping of butterfly wings in Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | May 11, 2012
- Ninh Binh and HueNinh Binh:
Ninh Binh was so much better than I thought it'd be; the landscape of the area was the most beautiful and interesting I've ever seen and getting on a motorcycle was also pretty fun (until we got into traffic!). Posted by charlotter45 in Charlotte and Stephen's Adventure! | Apr 29, 2012
- Dimanche et Lundi a Nantes and LilleIf Saturday is market day .... Sunday is rest and relaxation day. Most stores are closed, residents hurry along to church services with the Church bells tolling constantly. Those not in Church are in shorts and joggers pounding along on Posted by Lyn Dennis in It's Really Happening | Apr 23, 2012
- Koh Rong (but oh so right!)We hadn’t planned this part of our trip, but we had 10 days spare before needing to be in Bangkok so we decided to travel south in Cambodia and visit the beach town of Sihanoukville. After a bit of planning Posted by charlotter45 in Charlotte and Stephen's Adventure! | Apr 11, 2012
- "Incredible India"I have to admit, I haven't been very good at bathing in this bucket lately. Our last few weeks in India were emotionally draining as India's in-your-face culture, sights, colors, smells and sounds can be taxing on the senses. Posted by bucketbath in Bucket Bath | Apr 5, 2012
- Life in the slow laneI'm not going to do a day by day account of our time on Don Det, because we've done nothing very interesting, even though we ended up staying longer than any other place! So here is a very brief account Posted by charlotter45 in Charlotte and Stephen's Adventure! | Mar 29, 2012
- Taking the Slow Boat to Luang Prabang==Summary:==
Although the banks of the Mekong are about 30ft lower because we are in the dry season, this mighty river still flows strong. It creates part of the border between Laos and Thailand and is an excellent alternative Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Mar 16, 2012
- Chiang MaiI think the best word to describe our time in Chiang Mai would be ‘pleasant’. It was very nice, very clean, lots of nice food and a fair few things to do, but it wasn’t very exciting or different from Posted by charlotter45 in Charlotte and Stephen's Adventure! | Mar 6, 2012
- Ganges and GhatsIf you haven't read the post on our first thoughts of India- I suggest you do. It will help frame a little more of our story from there...
After an early start (we are becoming Creatures of the morning... 630am dance Posted by ellie nicole in Wanderlust and Wayfarer's | Mar 1, 2012
- Ceibal RuinsCeibal was a reason for overnight stay in Sayaxche.
In Lonely Planet guide Ceibal Ruines were described as less known (=less visited), which immediately made them attractive for us.
History of Ceibal begins in the M Posted by vanessa in Central America 2005 | Feb 8, 2005
- Sayaxche !!!:) :) :) THE RIVER
Beautiful. It called Rio De La Pasion. The name talks for itself, isn't it? In the point where La Pasion makes a sharp turn, exactly on the pick of the curve, the town was built. At Posted by vanessa in Central America 2005 | Feb 7, 2005
- Mangrove boat tour
After yeste Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Jan 26, 2012
- River valley - the sandfly infested hell holeDay 58 (Wed 21/12/2011)
We got on kiwi bus and drove out to national park where we stopped for a 2 hour hike to see some waterfalls. When we got to the waterfalls a random guy propositioned me to go under Posted by kendrick in Asia and Australasia for 8 months | Jan 21, 2012
- Day 3 - Saturday 19th NovemberAfter a very early start this morning, we spent an hour driving around the city of [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amman|Amman]], the capital of Jordan. This helped us understand a little more about modern day Jordan, the industries and what they do for le Posted by israeladventure in Jordan and Israel 2011 | Nov 18, 2011
- Margaret River Wine RegionKevin’s parents were waiting for us when we arrived back to Perth from our road trip. After some discussions on timing, it was decided that the four of us would head down to the Margaret River region for some wine Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 16, 2012
- Backwaters to Battambang...Siam Reap brought Angkor Wat and Angkor Beer and Angkor Beef Roast (well maybe that is not branded Angkor… yet) and after our Christmas decadence we took off from the home of the Cooks to explore the rest of Cambodia Posted by Annie Thornton in Meanderings in Asia | Jan 14, 2012
- Ho Chi Minh and the MekongSo after a sad goodbye to Bina and Heather who got off the bus in Mui Ne, and after ploughing through some horrific traffic I arrived in Saigon or Ho Chi Minh City... Never sure which one to call it. Posted by katie2801 in Round the world in a pair of crocs | Jan 9, 2012