Blog Entries tagged 'round_the_world'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'round_the_world'
- Easter IslandEaster Island or Rapa Nui always held many childhood fantasies of mysterious rituals and rugged remoteness. I never thought I would ever make it there for real, but somehow we managed to just about include it into our route between Posted by Bushra in Flashpacking | Sep 15, 2010
- Kiwi Campervaning!!!Sunday 20th June – Touching down at 3pm on Auckland’s cold and cloudy runway as we headed through to Customs, Si noticed one of the lanes was reserved for the 'England Rugby Team' who were playing later in the week! Posted by siandrach in SI & RACH'S WORLD ADVENTURE | Sep 13, 2010
- Tahiti and Bora BoraTahiti
After reading all the slating reviews of Tahiti, the largest island in French Polynesia (45km across), we had no intention of going there but were forced by plane timetables to have a night there. We had heard that it Posted by Bushra in Flashpacking | Sep 7, 2010
- Looking back on a fantastic 9 month RTW adventureBonjour de Montréal!
It's been 5 months since we've been back from our RTW trip and I’m back sitting in the exact same spot where I wrote the very first blog entry to [i]Blog Posted by malmn in Bloggin' N Globetrottin' | Sep 7, 2010
- Jungle BeachAt the end of my last post I touched on a place called “Jungle beach”, I didn’t give too many details about it except for a quick badly written over view and how to get there, so now I'm going Posted by Nick.t in Round the World | Sep 6, 2010
- From 'Burgh to 'Burgh to 'BurgPITTSBURGH
i haven't blogged here this summer, because i've been helping to blog here: [[http://farmsandfables.blogspot.com/]] -- try it. you might like it. it chronicles the Of Farms and Fables work exchange with Broadturn Farm, W. H. Jordan Farm Posted by ctamler in Wenn schon, denn schon | Sep 1, 2010
- The Cook Islands - Lazy Lazy days
We stepped off the fully packed Air New Zealand plane, into the brilliant sunshine of Rarotonga with a Kia Orana welcome. Kia Orana means may you live long. Not that there were no clouds. It's just that everything was bright Posted by Bushra in Flashpacking | Sep 1, 2010
- Taman Negara, Malaysia We stayed in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel very nearly next to the stunning Petronas Tower. There was a lot of construction going on in the KLCC and the hotel was surrounded by it, but our room was dead quiet with Posted by Bushra in Flashpacking | Sep 1, 2010
- Brian RTWSadly I have now left New York, but am happy to be in Boston although I went for a walk not long after I arrived and I had to ask myself where have all the poeple gone, comparedto NY it Posted by Brians RTW in Round the World Trip | Aug 29, 2010
- ipod to the rescue
Experiencing the ancient temples of Angkor in the flesh is another dream come true for me. I flew into Siem Reap direct from Luang Posted by Spinky in Wherever I May Roam | Aug 28, 2010
- The end of the first legToday I moved the post-it in my Lonely Planet from Bogota to Cartagena. It's hard to believe that I'm about to leave this city, considering I'm just starting to know my way around. The chaos of the last Posted by pack_it_in in The Global Footprint | Aug 28, 2010
- August 16thI got up... Phew, that was a good start! :-) I spent several hours trying to find a hostel in Pisa that had a spot for tonight. I was flying out at 7:30pm or so and I still Posted by classique in Wanderings of a Kiwi | Aug 28, 2010
- Brians RTWSince my last entry I have arrived in New York and what a truly exciting city it is. Just standing tin Times Square, what a huge buzzz the atmosphere,the neon lights, the noise, the people truly truly exciting.
Have also been Posted by Brians RTW in Round the World Trip | Aug 27, 2010
- August 14th
Got up early, had a shower and headed downstairs for an early breakfast. The hostel guy was still organising all the breakfast stuff so I had a play around on my netbook. Then breakfast was re Posted by classique in Wanderings of a Kiwi | Aug 27, 2010
- August 13th
beep - beep, beep - beep, beep - beep... awoke to the sound of the alarm on my cell phone blaring. I jumped out of bed and shut it off as i didn't want to wake my room Posted by classique in Wanderings of a Kiwi | Aug 27, 2010
- August 12thToday I headed down to the bay to have a look at an old house that was falling apart. It was less then a 10 minute walk from the house where I was staying. When I got down Posted by classique in Wanderings of a Kiwi | Aug 26, 2010
- August 11th
After a late start we had breaky and worship before heading back up the hill to try and get the land rover out of the peat bog. After two and a half hours of jacking and re-jacking and re-r Posted by classique in Wanderings of a Kiwi | Aug 26, 2010
- Bienvenidos a ColombiaWhen I woke up at my couchsurfing hosts´ apartment this morning, it took me a couple of seconds to realize that I had made it: my backpack was intact, I hadn´t missed my connecting flight through Panama, and I got Posted by pack_it_in in The Global Footprint | Aug 26, 2010
- Landing in TurkeyWell....I FINALLY made it. After two weeks of packing in Phoenix, not like I have many possessions, I have made it to Turkey. I have to say from the airport to now has been quite the whirlwind! Posted by wrldjumper in Izmir Raze | Aug 25, 2010
- Brians RTWToday I did the hop on Hop off Tour which while good was not as good as some other hop hop off tours I have done, they only had about 8 stops and a couple od those I had already Posted by Brians RTW in Round the World Trip | Aug 23, 2010
- Brians RTWThe weather is not doingnthe right thing, the rain that started yesterday is continuing so I had to find stuff to do that didn't expose me to the elements too much.......First up I walked doewn to the area they reserve Posted by Brians RTW in Round the World Trip | Aug 22, 2010
- Hong Kong 20/08/2010 - 23/08/2010Hot, Humid, Over Populated, Hagling Indians everywere, A box for a room, a bed less comforting than the floor and waking up to a strong smell of curry in the mornings.... I had arrived in Hong Kong. This city however Posted by Cgath in Around The World 2010-11 | Aug 22, 2010
Welcome to Sarah and James' travel blog. As we're sure you're aware by now we have decided to pack it all in and broaden our minds by seeing some more of this little planet we call ‘home’. We will Posted by sazandains in Sarah and James Travel Blog | Aug 22, 2010
- Brians RTWAm now in Montreal after a 7 1/2 hour flight from Heathrow, this is my first time flying with Air Canada, their seats very comfortable and quite roomy, however I did get told off for having my noise reduction headphones Posted by Brians RTW in Round the World Trip | Aug 21, 2010
- Sydneysiders to Dolphin Spyers!31st May – Waking to a very wet and miserable winter’s day in Woolloomooloo Sydney, we decided to spend the morning emailing our CVs to various job openings advertised on the hostel board.
Posted by siandrach in SI & RACH'S WORLD ADVENTURE | Aug 21, 2010