Blog Entries tagged 'round_the_world'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'round_the_world'
- Peru – Inca Trail (Part 1 - The Trek)
The alarm went off at 4.30 and it hadn’t felt that long since I got into bed. After a quick shower and packing up, we got outside for 5am as instructed by our guides the night before Posted by dbgomes in There and Back... And There Again | Oct 17, 2011
- Peru – Cusco
We hopped onto our bus in Puno in the morning and were surprised when a bloke got onto the microphone to say that he was going to be our guide for the day. We thought we were Posted by dbgomes in There and Back... And There Again | Oct 7, 2011
- Bolivia – ExpensesWe spent 20 nights in Bolivia
The country as a whole is really cheap, beers were quite often not more than $1 and really good main meals were around $4. Doing the tours are basically a necessity to see the various Posted by dbgomes in There and Back... And There Again | Oct 6, 2011
- Bolivia – Lake Titicaca
Why do dogs carry a bone in their mouth… because they don’t have any pockets in their coat!!!
Our guide, Joel loved a good dad joke and he cracked out plenty of the few days w Posted by dbgomes in There and Back... And There Again | Oct 6, 2011
- Bolivia – Pampas & JungleThe rivers are the roads, the only traffic is drift wood and the neighbours are monkeys, caiman and birds. This is Bolivia’s Jungle and Pampas!!!
We left La Paz to travel to Rurrena Posted by dbgomes in There and Back... And There Again | Sep 25, 2011
- Bolivia – SucreAre we back in Europe? That’s the impression we got from Sucre. We got a morning bus out of Uyuni and after nine hours we travelled over some impressive countryside with big canyons and dry scenery all around. We passed Posted by dbgomes in There and Back... And There Again | Sep 20, 2011
- Bolivia – Salar de UyuniWe did some proper South American travel finally, and what an experience it was! The overnight bus from La Paz to Uyuni leaves La Paz at 9pm and takes 10 hours. We booked on a Todo Tourismo bus which are Posted by dbgomes in There and Back... And There Again | Sep 17, 2011
- Bolivia – La Paz
La Paz is dizzying in every aspect. Its well known as the highest capital city in the world, but the city is also pretty frenetic with cars and people around everywhere! Our arrival into La Paz Posted by dbgomes in There and Back... And There Again | Sep 14, 2011
- USA – New YorkWe were taking a 4 day break from South America to get up to New York for our friends wedding, however Mother Nature wanted to play a little hard ball. We had a lot of flying to do to get Posted by dbgomes in There and Back... And There Again | Sep 13, 2011
- Easter Island - ExpensesWe spent 4 nights on Easter Island
It’s not cheap on Easter island, much of the produce is flown in daily on the passenger flights and the larger items come in twice monthly on cargo ships. We stayed in a guest Posted by dbgomes in There and Back... And There Again | Sep 13, 2011
- Chile – Easter Island/Rapa NuiEverything you look at on this island is an archaeological find. For instance, the first day we were on the island, a new cave was found in the interior of the island with a unique statue in it. I thought Posted by dbgomes in There and Back... And There Again | Sep 5, 2011
- Chile – Santiago
This first visit to Santiago was supposed to be a quick airport stop on our way to Easter Island. Plane schedules didn’t agree and so we had two nights in Chile’s capital city. This is Posted by dbgomes in There and Back... And There Again | Sep 1, 2011
- Brazil – Rio (City & Beaches)
After a couple of really good days we booked onto a full day city tour. They always end up being a hassle free way to get around to the main sites. We got the hotel reception to Posted by dbgomes in There and Back... And There Again | Aug 26, 2011
- Brazil – Rio (Beaches and Favelas)It took us a couple of days to realise, but Rio is freaking awesome!!!!
This is some of what we read in the lonely planet before we got to Rio:
‘There’s no sugarcoating it, Rio sees Posted by dbgomes in There and Back... And There Again | Aug 21, 2011
- Madrid - ExpensesWe are listing down expenses for each place we go primarily because we used a couple of blogs which did the same as our principle source for budgeting for our trip. Hopefully someone else will get as much use from Posted by dbgomes in There and Back... And There Again | Aug 21, 2011
- Hola EspanaWell since the last update some of you may not be aware of the big bit of news for Tanya and I. It was our 10 year anniversary of meeting on the 11th August, so we wanted to mark that Posted by dbgomes in There and Back... And There Again | Aug 17, 2011
- What would you do with an extra 9 seconds?Nine seconds.
That is the difference between receiving or buying a funny novelty shirt from [[http://store.theonion.com/category/mens-tees-hoodies,4/|The Onion]].
Last summer I started taking triathlons a bit more seriously. I bought a new triathlo Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 7, 2011
- Less than 100 days to go!Our round the world trip is now less than 100 days away. The flights have been booked but there's still so much to do. I'm not sure we'll get everything done before we leave because Lauren is working so hard Posted by MrBeet in The Beet goes on | Apr 27, 2011
- Monk Chat in Myanmar
[i]“Why do you like to travel?” the monk asked, innocently enough. His question was a loaded one as the reality for most Burmese people is that they will never set foot outside Myanmar’s bord Posted by Lis.L in Let's Go Get Lost | Mar 28, 2011
- Should chicken callers really do techno musicMy crazy trip to [[http://tulsatrot.travellerspoint.com/63/]]Central America with 24 students was followed by something completely different, a family trip to Hilton Head, South Carolina.
Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Jan 5, 2011
- SaigonSo like I said we arrived in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) with no hassle got dropped off in the main district, three I think? I never worked it out but I'm going with district three and without any issues Posted by Nick.t in Round the World | Nov 3, 2010
- crazy-funny-weird..just thought of blogging these crazy things i've experienced..
after higschool, sa manila na ako kagad nag stay. siguro mga 6 na akong lipat ng dorm-apartment-condo-room. sa 8 years kong palipat lipat, lahat na ng klaseng roomate, nakasalimuho ko na
Posted by c.pinas in travel-gala-lamyerda-tour | Oct 22, 2010
- Mui NeWe pulled up outside a hotel in the afternoon and went in to see if they had any rooms available, they didn’t, we weren’t too bothered as we had passed loads of hotels, guesthouses and resorts on the drive down Posted by Nick.t in Round the World | Oct 4, 2010
- Kiwi Campervaning Part 2!!4th July 2010 – Waking up to thick fog surrounding the van, we had no choice but to wait it out until the visibility improved.
Posted by siandrach in SI & RACH'S WORLD ADVENTURE | Sep 24, 2010
- Nha TrangNone of us really new much about Nha Trang apart from what I had seen on Top Gear and that it had great beaches. On the drive in with the owner of jungle beach, he had told all of us Posted by Nick.t in Round the World | Sep 20, 2010