Blog Entries tagged 'shopping'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'shopping'
- Chiang Mai, Oh my! The city of Chiang Mai is a bit like a steaming bowl of pad thai; a lot going on, exotic but perfectly suited to westerners. We arrived in the northern Thailand city after an overnight bus from Bangkok. Our timing Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Nov 28, 2013
- A Pushover for PushkarPretty little Pushkar was like one of those glossy coffee table books on India come to life. From the lavender blue temples to the carts piled high with produce or the women threading marigolds onto wreaths – everything in this Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Nov 3, 2013
- San Francisco - Day 4 - Shopping, Eating and KaraokeSo last night I crashed in bed at 18h30, right? Andi ordered some middle eastern food to be delivered to our house but I didn't even bother waking up for that, although he tried. Jetlag is a pain... As per Posted by dindiosk in California | Oct 16, 2013
- Tomy trains and Terminal 21Still taking it easy on Wednesday, we returned to Central World's Toys 'R' Us and bought several more pieces of Tomy train track. Yes, we know it's for 3 year olds, but we enjoy assembling a big track each Posted by NarLin in The Nerds at Number Ten... BBB | Oct 3, 2013
- Oceans, Food and "R&R"An eventful if not particularly active couple of days.
On Monday morning we ventured beyond MBK to the big fancy shopping centres nearby. First was Siam Paragon, to ogle at the luxury cars and revisit Siam Ocean World. The Posted by NarLin in The Nerds at Number Ten... BBB | Oct 1, 2013
- Spend the Day in MBKSound the trumpets, Plane Boy is forty! After a leisurely start we had a very nice buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant. (For those in the know, the bacon was dead crispy!) Then we packed a bag, Posted by NarLin in The Nerds at Number Ten... BBB | Sep 29, 2013
- Hong Kong SAR (Sadly, Australian Reality looms ...)Well, it had to end eventually, so we alighted our flight from London with the usual excitement of visiting a new place (for the girls), but also with a sense of sadness that this would be our last adventure for Posted by happellfamily12 in La vita in quattro valigie | Sep 28, 2013
- Getting Gypped==8/25/13 ==
First impression of Korea – not very good. People are rude here. The rudeness meter is pretty high up compared to Japan, but pretty close to Hong Kong. People give you the stink eye. People jaywalk on the streets Posted by thewongway in The Right Way to Travel: 대한민국 | Sep 10, 2013
- How to Check Off Your Bucket List More RegularlyI’m fairly excited this week because, after waiting patiently for nearly six months (for, of all things, my mother-in-law to visit), I got to experience three of the five things I most wanted to do in Antigua that I had Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Aug 30, 2013
- “I could walk around Gouda for a day or two.” People rarely tell me “I could move to Gouda for a year or two.” (This blog post is in contrast to last week’s posting.) In fact no one has ever said this to me about Gouda. Ever. People Posted by apersephone in The Sweet Bag of the Busy Bee | Aug 29, 2013
- My Adventures in JapanWell so far we have gone to three departments stores as we are surrounded by stores here at the Tachikawa Palace hotel. Each store has their own variety of merchandise. But they all have one thing in common, one does Posted by Tina in Japan in My Adventures in Japan | Aug 21, 2013
- Iran’s Bazaars[float=left][/float]There is really only one way to visit Iran’s bazaars: Get lost! And Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Aug 14, 2013
- Doplomat Hotel (Cebu)Hotel/Resort name: Diplomat Hotel
Booking Year: 2012
Price: from 1.224 PHP
Staff service: OK but there are room for improvement
Standard rooms: Good and clean, look a little old an Posted by Odd-Arne in Hotel and Resort Review | Aug 17, 2013
- Persephone in SingaporeIt’s been ten years or so since I last came to Singapore. “The taxi driver,” my husband tells me in a ramble, “Knew where the Oval was, he remembers that they always had the best Christmas lights, but it’s now Posted by apersephone in The Sweet Bag of the Busy Bee | Jul 31, 2013
- Day 21 - Last Day in Phnom PenhMorning came way too soon. I didn't look as bad as I could have. We stayed up way too late last night but we couldn't help but want to enjoy each other's company. It was the last Posted by Sydney324 in To Cambodia with HOPE | Jul 27, 2013
- Day 13 - Prahos Kbal to Siem Reap Today Leah would come from Pursat to meet in Prahos Kbal and would be travelling with us to see a family whose lives have been changed by a well from HOPE. HOPE it turns out has supplied thousands of Posted by Sydney324 in To Cambodia with HOPE | Jul 23, 2013
- More dishes I've recently eatenSo lately I decided I wanted to get rid of a lot of the greens that were sitting around in our fridge, some of which I don;t particularly care for raw - carrots, celery, spinach, etc. So I decided to Posted by poetisa16 in Adventures Up North | Jul 19, 2013
- Hungary[float=left][/float]Today we left Slovenia for Hungary. Although we liked our apartment, we weren't too sad to leave because we were excited to wash o Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jul 2, 2013
- Day 7 - Shopping, Rain and a lot of Food===Harajuku===
Having overslept, we set off at 11 and looked into the possibility of seeing some Japanese traditional theatre known as Kabuki; however there was none on today at the Japanese National Theatre.
We caught the metro, where we sto Posted by Roaming Rolts in Japan | Jun 27, 2013
- Settling downI arrived in Boston several hours late, so I changed my ticket for the next [[http://www.amtrakdowneaster.com/|Downeaster]] up to Portland. I met up with another young woman who had followed me off the [[http://www.mbta.com/|T]] while I was transferring s Posted by poetisa16 in Adventures Up North | Jun 25, 2013
- Fashion report of summer 2013
Think about shoes - on photos below
[ Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Jun 16, 2013
- Shopping in InnsbruckToday was a travel day from Germany to Austria. We woke up to rain, after having a thunder and lightning storm the night before, also with a heavy downpour. It would only take a few hours to drive to our Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jun 13, 2013
- Summer 2012 Part V - Final Night of the Tour===Altitude Sickness: Encore===
On the bus back to the tourist center, Barbara admitted how horrible the altitude sickness was hitting her (specifically with absolutely pounding headaches on top of the symptoms we could see). After discussing things wi Posted by katya42 in A Bibliophile Abroad | May 19, 2013
- Shopping in PokharaFirst things first... Money!
Pokhara's lakeside is lined with innumerable ATMs and money changers. But be aware
that most Nepali banks c Posted by sidtim in Wanderlust Me | May 10, 2013
- Where is the shoe store????!!!![float=left][/float]Today was our first full day in Blackpool. We decided that we were going to save the amusement park for the next day, whic Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 25, 2013