Blog Entries tagged 'shopping'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'shopping'
- Shopping Fever Getting stuck in Thaunggok, a tiny town in Western Myanmar turned out to be some of the best days traveling through country.
With no foreigners around but me (and the people not yet jaded by tourism), I had amazing time exploring Posted by bucketbath in Bucket Bath | Mar 13, 2012
- Thailand: Wandering in Bangkok==It's a big city...==
Bangkok is impossible to explain.
It's huge, very diverse and full of contradictions.
It can be culturally conservative, yet folks are so open minded, accommodating and always smiling.
I experienced an amazing, diverse nightli Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Feb 28, 2012
- Before take 1So I feel as though, I should keep all you out there informed about my before, after and internet connecting pendant, during trip to Fiji.
So here's go nothing.
Before Fiji take 1.
As you all know I'm now just raising funds for Posted by Samitan in Journey #1 - Fiji | Feb 26, 2012
- Coming homeWell after spending an extra day in Slovenia than I had expected, it was a dash back to Munich the same day as I was due to fly out of Europe. Fortunately on a mostly lovely day in Munich (with Posted by ellenjd in A last minute European jaunt | Feb 8, 2012
- JOG-JAWell I have just got back from a cracking weekend in Jogja (more formally known as Yogyakarta but preferably pronounced in a very bogan accent as “jooogggjjjja”). Actually, I lied. I have not just got back. On Posted by ljmac2 in South East Asia mark II | Feb 7, 2012
- Orlando love
Awww you know those kind of things from when you were a child and you keep with you all your life l Posted by FlorianaG in From Venice to Atlanta (and back) | Dec 18, 2011
- How not to haggleWe British are notoriously reticent when it comes to haggling, but in Southeast Asia's tourist markets it’s a skill you live and die by. And judging by my first clumsy attempt at Siem Reap's Night Market, my skills definitely needed Posted by Chris Parsons in Parsons on Tour | Jan 22, 2012
- SingaporeSo back in Singapore…weird after being here less than six months ago. It’s also a very weird place to stay at a backpackers I’ve decided. Because Singapore is so ‘nice’ compared to the rest of South-East Asia, I Posted by ljmac2 in South East Asia mark II | Dec 28, 2011
- Nha TrangSo I think I may have over-budgeted on the tan…
Seriously, Nha Trang was nice and all, but the weather was less than desirable…although from the ever informative CNN, I get the feeling it has been like that around a lot Posted by ljmac2 in South East Asia mark II | Dec 27, 2011
- Every little helps...Jen does the Christmas shop in Chiang Mai - two bottles of water and a puncture repair kit. Shame we left the Clubcard at home.
Posted by Chris Parsons in Parsons on Tour | Dec 24, 2011
- Good Morning VietnamIn an effort to make up for my slackness on my blog during the latter stages of my time in Siem Reap, here is a very timely update on my time spent in Ho Chi Minh City, my first taste Posted by ljmac2 in South East Asia mark II | Dec 21, 2011
- Well Done Wellington!After a nearly 12 hour scenic train ride, we arrived in Wellington. Wellington is the capitol of New Zealand as well as the country's artistic and cultural hub. It is home to numerous universities and a wonderful museum, Te Papa. Posted by mands186 in Mind The Gap | Dec 17, 2011
- Shoppin and droppin in Lima, PeruArriving in Lima was not nearly as confusing as Chile, thank god. And the best part, no taxes! It was a nice night, cool breeze and low humidity, although it was humid enough for my hair to do strange things. Posted by kGoWhereNext in Where in the world? | Dec 4, 2011
- Fairytale of Europe’s Christmas Markets===[b]As Christmas fast approaches and decorative lights are switched on in cities, towns and villages across the UK, shopping can be an exhausting and stressful task. So, why not escape the crowded shopping centres and malls and head to Europe’s Posted by OohArrAdventure in Ooh Arr Adventures | Nov 30, 2011
- A Dutchman in SeoulAs a preview to the giant Seoul/Midterm with IWO post I have to write up in the near future, I give you the video I shot while GaHee was meeting her friends at her university!
[video provider=youtube Posted by Anon of Holland in A Dutchman in Korea | Nov 16, 2011
- A bottle of wine or sevenArriving in [[Santiago, Chile]]— 36 hours ago was not on my list of things to do. But of course, having the incredible flight attendant mother that I do- it turned out to be our Wednesday afternoon activity. And I have Posted by kGoWhereNext in Where in the world? | Nov 15, 2011
- Walking around HalifaxI have been LOVING working (telecommuting?) in Halifax. I have been walking at least 8 kms a day, practicing yoga, easily drinking as much water as I'm supposed to, my neck and shoulders aren't killing me, AND I've been more Posted by Kristy_pj in Here and There | Nov 15, 2011
- Malaysia: Kuala Lumpur==KL==
Ridley Scott's vision of a future metropolis in 2019 will likely be realised in Kuala Lumpur: with it's enormous Petronas Towers, multi level hi-way overpasses and intermittent rains, and Bangkok (I will explain BKK later).
KL is a nice place Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Sep 20, 2011
- The Outlet MallTwo weeks ago, while staying with my sister-in-law and visiting my husband's family, we went shopping at the outlet mall in Wrentham, Massachusetts. Myself, Bodhi, my mother-in-law and my niece Jenna. It was going to be a great Posted by globalmomma in Summer in Italy: Mangiare e Sognare | Aug 19, 2011
- Aug. 9 Hoi An, Vietnam – Day 2Aug. 9 Helpful Travel Notes:
Tailor/Custom Clothing Maker - Ask for Ny (“Knee”) at Tu Quyen Clothing Shop (see details)
• 80 Le Loi | Hoi An, Vietnam | email: [email protected] | phone: (+84) 0510 3 861 591
[b][i]Chill in Hoi An Posted by beachlovingirl in Our Sojourn Thru SE Asia July-Sept 2011 | Aug 9, 2011
- "Ciracle means Miracle"I made a trip out to Times Square today to do some spontaneous shopping. Actually, I wanted to stop by the Sasa store for something specific but I'll get to that soon. Got some Korean food at [[http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=555 Posted by jenniferfer in Hong Kong: A Week to Myself | Aug 23, 2011
- Buh-bye Streaks!Lately I have been naturally waking up around 8 or 9AM and it bugs me. Why can't I sleep in when I am actually allowed to?? I had a quick lunch at the infamous [[http://www.cafedecoral.com|Cafe de Coral]] downstairs. I swear Posted by jenniferfer in Hong Kong: A Week to Myself | Aug 22, 2011
- Cheese Burger in ParadiseI like seeing people working hard... Mark and Jayson got stuck sorting a least half a container load of masks, snorkels and fins, some of which Gregg is donating to deserving kids, the others will now be included in any Posted by VascoDiveMaster in Vasco's Dive Master Life | Aug 22, 2011
- Feels Good to Be BackI didn't realize how much I've missed Hong Kong until I got back. For some reason, I was a homebody for the entire weekend. I've been out so much in Beijing that it actually felt nice to stay in. The Posted by jenniferfer in Hong Kong: A Week to Myself | Aug 21, 2011
- Singapore - Emerging Fashion CapitalEach summer, the Global Language Monitor ranks the Top Fashion Capitals of the World. Singapore and Berlin broke into the Top Ten for the first time this year. Singapore is ranked eighth in the World, coming in behind only Hong Posted by Andrew T in Singapore | Aug 19, 2011