Blog Entries tagged 'shopping'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'shopping'
- Where to spend all your money!Dilli Haat
*Dilli Haat is a combination food plaza and craft bazaar located in the heart of Delhi. It has stalls representing each state of India, giving a complete variety of tastes available all over India.
* There are also stalls Posted by iffat in back to my roots | Mar 4, 2011
- Shopped Till We Dropped
Today we had buffet breakfast at the hotel. There was what looked like bacon but on closer inspection it was actually beef made to look like bacon. Was this to trick the tourists or was it to let the muslim Posted by Luke_n_Bim in Chi-Chi-China | Jan 29, 2011
- Courtyard Dream House Adventure (July 31 - August 1)==Hefei==
Our plane was supposed to take off for Hefei at around 2030 (8:30pm). Unfortunately it got delayed and we ended up waiting for nearly five hours. Hey, if one has to wait, why not at an airport.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/153 Posted by inchinahil in From Emei Mountain | Feb 12, 2011
- Courtyard Dream House Adventure (August 2)==Tunxi==
This morning we got up fairly early and took a taxi to the south bus station where we caught the bus to Tunxi in the Huangshan area. The trip took about four hours and the scenery was fabulous. Lots Posted by inchinahil in From Emei Mountain | Feb 12, 2011
- Courtyard Dream House Adventure (August 5 - 6)==Hefei==
We needed to get back to Chengdu and Emei City. The best way was to return to Hefei via bus and see about getting a flight from there. Once again the four hour bus ride through tea country was Posted by inchinahil in From Emei Mountain | Feb 12, 2011
- Greetings from Shanghai - Part 5Sorry for the delay but unfortunately I do not have as much to report upon or share with you about the last week. Work is a bit overwhelming right now with an intense task and project at hand and Posted by smyatich in My Trip to China | Dec 7, 2010
- Daily to Weekly UpdatesDaily updates have become near impossible. As much as I would have enjoyed having a daily journal of my travels I just lack the time to complete it all. So here is my first installment of my weekly Posted by smyatich in My Trip to China | Nov 13, 2010
- IKEA and some French lessonsToday my roommate and I went to IKEA because he needed some parts for his bed. It was the first time I went to IKEA so it was a different experience to me. I quite like the idea of sampling Posted by mccardj in Jack's North American Adventure | Jan 2, 2011
- Venice: ShoppingAlthough it's not known as a shopping mecca, Venice is still part of Italy. Shopping anywhere in Italy is an experience not to be missed or overlooked. Okay, much of my shopping consists of window shopping Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 1, 2011
- Tailor-made in Hoi An
You've probably heard of people who've gone to Vietnam and had a whole wardrobe tailor-made for the price of a nice bottle of wine. They were almost certainly talking about a visit to a lo Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Nov 16, 2010
- Wandering Hoytemastraat...I wandered around today on Hoytemastraat (hoy-toma-strawtah) and looked in a couple of shops. I was so shocked by the prices! A pair of UGG slippers was 185Euros which is about $260!!! So, enough said, I didn't have the heart Posted by Michele530 in The Netherlands! | Nov 4, 2010
- EATALY! MARIO BATALI NYC ITALIAN SHOPPING AND EATINGMario! Mario! Mario! To say that I am a groupie is putting it mildly. I’ve been a fan from his Molto Mario days. I stood in line to get his cookbook signed at a Barnes & Noble in Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Sep 26, 2010
- Day 3 - Monday 5 September 2010I slept better last night. Probably as I was more settled and tired out.
I woke up late and after getting ready, gathered my 1 TON suitcase and pressed the lift to go down and check out. A man was also Posted by moomin82 in Bachata Rosa | Sep 11, 2010
- In DubaiWell, the less said about the last leg of the journey the better. Sheer endurance as I thought. That was in spite of good service on the flight, fresh fruit, hot towels for refreshing oneself, and guite pleasant Posted by HelenWyn in Wyn-Sanderson Adventure | Aug 18, 2010
- Day 8 Nice, Samedi, Août 14, 2010 - Rain in NiceWe set our alarm clock for 8:00 am. I had slept very well last night and I really needed it. Woke up once around 4:00 am but went back to sleep quickly. The temperature is good and Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 15, 2010
- To Market, To MarketI finally visited the infamous Owino market in downtown Kampala today. With over 500,000 vendors, it is one of the largest open-air markets in East Africa. Accompanied by my house help, Mama Eunice, I traveled by mutatu to the Posted by BriteLite in Mzungu Ramblings | Aug 11, 2010
- Too Chic - Outlet StoreI got on the Metro closest to the L'Orangerie, which was perhaps half a block away. There were a few stands just outside the Jardins des Tuileries. One sold souvenirs at a much higher price than on the Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 8, 2010
- An Afternoon in BolognaThe train ride was fairly uneventful. When we arrived in Bologna, the shops at the train station were trying to sell maps of Bologna for 7 euros. I refused to pay 10 bucks for a map we were Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Aug 8, 2010
- shopping gems,shisha and hotel california......again..!Another quiet day, not much going on it must be a calm day for the festival goes as i am nearly left alone i ask the guys but they agree it does seem calmer somehow..... life here is getting better Posted by Dizzey1 in India | Aug 6, 2010
- San Francisco, dag 2Dag 2 i San Francisco gikk turen til Alcatraz. Vi våknet tidlig (rundt seks), og hadde god tid på å nå båten som gikk klokken ni. Etter gårdsdagens matopplevelser var vi fortsatt stappmette, og hotellfrokosten ble derfor byttet ut med Posted by kmull in Bryllupsreise Silje og Kristian | Aug 5, 2010
- San Francisco, dag 1Etter en laaang reise, 24 timer fra dør til dør, og en natt med varierende kvalitet på søvnen, var vi likevel klare som egg benedicte til å ta fatt på første dag i SF. Den første lærdommen fikk vi allerede Posted by kmull in Bryllupsreise Silje og Kristian | Aug 4, 2010
- The Importance of Being FrugalI've spent almost every single day in China being the most frugal spend-a-tron you could imagine, talking myself out of things that I probably need in order to keep to my bottom line, which usually tends to be around 0. Posted by bengully in Ben's China Adventures | Aug 2, 2010
- we are in lima !!!!hi all,
we are in lima after 36 hours of flying..... that bit sucks.
bit hard to sleep when ya cant be flat !!!!!
wait in santiago airport for 8 hours was a bit of adrag, but lightened up witha few ales of Posted by gregeicke in Machu Picchu & Mt Cook (NZ) | Jul 19, 2010
- Ecuador so far....We made it in to Ecuador and after bumping around on the back of a truck for two hours, we reached our first stop, a lovely town called Vilcabamba. The town is right in the middle of ´the valley of Posted by St Martins in Sadie and James | Jul 12, 2010
- Dali DongxiDongxi is the Chinese word for stuff.
On our first day in Dali I think I met all the local Miao tribe women, admired their jewellery and embroidery, and have started loading up our suitcas Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 11, 2010