Blog Entries tagged 'shopping'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'shopping'
- How not to haggleWe British are notoriously reticent when it comes to haggling, but in Southeast Asia's tourist markets it’s a skill you live and die by. And judging by my first clumsy attempt at Siem Reap's Night Market, my skills definitely needed Posted by Chris Parsons in Parsons on Tour | Jan 22, 2012
- SingaporeSo back in Singapore…weird after being here less than six months ago. It’s also a very weird place to stay at a backpackers I’ve decided. Because Singapore is so ‘nice’ compared to the rest of South-East Asia, I Posted by ljmac2 in South East Asia mark II | Dec 28, 2011
- Nha TrangSo I think I may have over-budgeted on the tan…
Seriously, Nha Trang was nice and all, but the weather was less than desirable…although from the ever informative CNN, I get the feeling it has been like that around a lot Posted by ljmac2 in South East Asia mark II | Dec 27, 2011
- Every little helps...Jen does the Christmas shop in Chiang Mai - two bottles of water and a puncture repair kit. Shame we left the Clubcard at home.
Posted by Chris Parsons in Parsons on Tour | Dec 24, 2011
- Good Morning VietnamIn an effort to make up for my slackness on my blog during the latter stages of my time in Siem Reap, here is a very timely update on my time spent in Ho Chi Minh City, my first taste Posted by ljmac2 in South East Asia mark II | Dec 21, 2011
- Well Done Wellington!After a nearly 12 hour scenic train ride, we arrived in Wellington. Wellington is the capitol of New Zealand as well as the country's artistic and cultural hub. It is home to numerous universities and a wonderful museum, Te Papa. Posted by mands186 in Mind The Gap | Dec 17, 2011
- Shoppin and droppin in Lima, PeruArriving in Lima was not nearly as confusing as Chile, thank god. And the best part, no taxes! It was a nice night, cool breeze and low humidity, although it was humid enough for my hair to do strange things. Posted by kGoWhereNext in Where in the world? | Dec 4, 2011
- Fairytale of Europe’s Christmas Markets===[b]As Christmas fast approaches and decorative lights are switched on in cities, towns and villages across the UK, shopping can be an exhausting and stressful task. So, why not escape the crowded shopping centres and malls and head to Europe’s Posted by OohArrAdventure in Ooh Arr Adventures | Nov 30, 2011
- A Dutchman in SeoulAs a preview to the giant Seoul/Midterm with IWO post I have to write up in the near future, I give you the video I shot while GaHee was meeting her friends at her university!
[video provider=youtube Posted by Anon of Holland in A Dutchman in Korea | Nov 16, 2011
- A bottle of wine or sevenArriving in [[Santiago, Chile]]— 36 hours ago was not on my list of things to do. But of course, having the incredible flight attendant mother that I do- it turned out to be our Wednesday afternoon activity. And I have Posted by kGoWhereNext in Where in the world? | Nov 15, 2011
- Walking around HalifaxI have been LOVING working (telecommuting?) in Halifax. I have been walking at least 8 kms a day, practicing yoga, easily drinking as much water as I'm supposed to, my neck and shoulders aren't killing me, AND I've been more Posted by Kristy_pj in Here and There | Nov 15, 2011
- Malaysia: Kuala Lumpur==KL==
Ridley Scott's vision of a future metropolis in 2019 will likely be realised in Kuala Lumpur: with it's enormous Petronas Towers, multi level hi-way overpasses and intermittent rains, and Bangkok (I will explain BKK later).
KL is a nice place Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Sep 20, 2011
- The Outlet MallTwo weeks ago, while staying with my sister-in-law and visiting my husband's family, we went shopping at the outlet mall in Wrentham, Massachusetts. Myself, Bodhi, my mother-in-law and my niece Jenna. It was going to be a great Posted by globalmomma in Summer in Italy: Mangiare e Sognare | Aug 19, 2011
- Aug. 9 Hoi An, Vietnam – Day 2Aug. 9 Helpful Travel Notes:
Tailor/Custom Clothing Maker - Ask for Ny (“Knee”) at Tu Quyen Clothing Shop (see details)
• 80 Le Loi | Hoi An, Vietnam | email: email@example.com | phone: (+84) 0510 3 861 591
[b][i]Chill in Hoi An Posted by beachlovingirl in Our Sojourn Thru SE Asia July-Sept 2011 | Aug 9, 2011
- "Ciracle means Miracle"I made a trip out to Times Square today to do some spontaneous shopping. Actually, I wanted to stop by the Sasa store for something specific but I'll get to that soon. Got some Korean food at [[http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=555 Posted by jenniferfer in Hong Kong: A Week to Myself | Aug 23, 2011
- Buh-bye Streaks!Lately I have been naturally waking up around 8 or 9AM and it bugs me. Why can't I sleep in when I am actually allowed to?? I had a quick lunch at the infamous [[http://www.cafedecoral.com|Cafe de Coral]] downstairs. I swear Posted by jenniferfer in Hong Kong: A Week to Myself | Aug 22, 2011
- Cheese Burger in ParadiseI like seeing people working hard... Mark and Jayson got stuck sorting a least half a container load of masks, snorkels and fins, some of which Gregg is donating to deserving kids, the others will now be included in any Posted by VascoDiveMaster in Vasco's Dive Master Life | Aug 22, 2011
- Feels Good to Be BackI didn't realize how much I've missed Hong Kong until I got back. For some reason, I was a homebody for the entire weekend. I've been out so much in Beijing that it actually felt nice to stay in. The Posted by jenniferfer in Hong Kong: A Week to Myself | Aug 21, 2011
- Singapore - Emerging Fashion CapitalEach summer, the Global Language Monitor ranks the Top Fashion Capitals of the World. Singapore and Berlin broke into the Top Ten for the first time this year. Singapore is ranked eighth in the World, coming in behind only Hong Posted by Andrew T in Singapore | Aug 19, 2011
- Nashville 2011: Fun Things Part 4Update: All new posts can be found at [[http://thewanderingmind.net|http://thewanderingmind.net]].
And one more post about some of my favorite things from our recent trip to Nashville!
Hillsboro Village: Hillsboro Village is a really c Posted by cgplatt in My Never Ending Journey | Aug 15, 2011
- Nha Trang to Hoi AnHi Guys
Hoi An is an unexpected s Posted by Chris Sig in Indochina Walkabout | Aug 13, 2011
- What is a girl to do with only 20kg luggage allowance?What to take on holiday – it’s a dilemma. With flight weight and baggage regulations’ tightening up it’s no longer possible to load yourself down with large amounts of hand luggage containing your heavy items or wear 6 layers of Posted by travelhappiness in travel tales with a twist | Jul 23, 2011
- Have You Been On Havana Street Recently?On Havana Street runs 4.3 miles along Havana from 6th Avenue to Dartmouth Avenue. It offers unique experiences in shopping, dining and living. Over 40 of our businesses were voted "Best of the Best" in the "Aurora Hot Stuff" competition Posted by onhavana in On Havana Street | Jul 19, 2011
- Buying Snow in Sunny Singapore!Buying Snow in Sunny Singapore!
Snow City is a permanent indoor snow centre in Singapore. It maintains a snow level of 400 mm depth by producing snow on site using a specially-designed snow gun! Up to 15 tons of snow Posted by Andrew T in Singapore | Jul 12, 2011
- Chengdu and Jinli Street March 15March 15
We left Bangkok at the normal Thai Airlines Flight TG618 which was at 1045 and arrived to Chengdu at the expected time of 1400. Xiao Lin and her husband were waiting for us at the airport, which was a Posted by inchinahil in From Emei Mountain | Jul 4, 2011