Blog Entries tagged 'shopping'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'shopping'
- El Mercado de ChichicastenangoOn Sunday, I visited the famous market at Chichicastenango with some of my fellow students at Migel Angel Asturias Spanish School (spanishschool.com). Our guide was Martine, the same guide from the Volcan Sanata Maria climb (that I still need Posted by oangel99 in poco a poco | Jul 6, 2010
- Hoi AnHoi An
We arrived in Hoi An at about 4pm, hot, sweaty and tired. The beauty of this town made it all disappear. We checked into a cheap hotel and Matt went to explore while I cleaned up. By the time Posted by katbet123 in In Search of a 30 Cent Beer | Jun 27, 2010
- GraskopEarly this morning our gang heads towards Hazyview and Graskop for some shopping and wonderful pancakes.
On our first visit Genie took us to Harrie’s Pancake Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | May 12, 2010
- Day 22 – April 2: Otavalo-QuitoOTAVALO:
The market in Otavalo opens at 8am, and the stores in Cotacachi open at 10am, so Otavalo was our first stop of the morning.
We had a nice breakfast in the lovely breakfast dining room at the hacienda and packed up Posted by bolderwork in The family goes to Ecuador 2010 | May 1, 2010
- A London Mini BreakAs I'm not in Mexico it was definitely time to start my holiday with a London Mini Break (yup a day trip from Archway to zone 1 - oh the glamour!).
I've been dying to try one of James "http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00pst7wGrow Your Posted by anotty in Nott's Landing | Apr 19, 2010
- SingaporeThe flight from Darwin to Singapore was pleasant compared with say flights from Darwin to Melbourne. Almost enjoyable.
We landed early but we took so long going through the airport, which is huge, that our bags were no longer on Posted by noraht in How to use up Long Service Leave | Apr 13, 2010
- Kuala LumparWe left Taman Negara early the next day, and thanks to my worrying about missing the bus we got there early to find the bus was nearly full and ready to go. This bus was old school, and making some Posted by palmer830 in Adam and Anna half a world away | Mar 29, 2010
- First Love/GameSo, it is nearing the end of our time here in Japan. We went out shopping to spend the last of our Yen.
Liz and Erin decided they wanted to buy kimonos. We looked but co Posted by LETJapan in Pikachu, I Choose You!!! | Mar 4, 2010
- The Obligatory Trip to Oxford Street and Harrod'sI'm not sure what else there is to say about miles and miles of shopping and entertainment in London's West End (http://www.westendlondon.com/) that hasn't already been said. I mean ... it's ... for only the wordliest of world-class shoppers wit Posted by janicem in J & J Walking in London 2010 | Mar 4, 2010
- STANLEY MARKET We went to Stanley Market and were shocked at the incredible array of products that were being sold, from silk garments, to traditional Chinese artwork, sportswear, and Chinese costumes, jewelry, and souvenirs, they had it all. The Stanley Market area Posted by Hongliu in Funland Hong Kong | Mar 3, 2010
- Breakfast and Shopping in SingaporeIt was gorgeous when we woke up this morning. It was so warm and sunny, with the sun shining right into our rooms which was so nice to wake up to. We all hung around the rooms talking for a Posted by jcjj in Serenity in Singapore | Feb 23, 2010
- Paraguay Camera Shopping AdventureNext day, we decided to head over the other border into Paraguay because I needed a new Camera (as you may have noticed from any of the pictures with a black spot in the middle). While in Brazil all electronics Posted by luzian in Exploring Planet Earth | Feb 8, 2010
- Next Stop: Shepherd's Bush!I kept hearing about this supposedly massive shopping mall that just opened up in Shepherd's Bush--Westfield (http://uk.westfield.com/london/) it's called. Now, most of you know that I am not your typical woman who loves to shop for the sake of Posted by janicem in J & J Walking in London 2010 | Feb 21, 2010
- Hoi AnWe arrived in Hoi An after another horrendous bus journey on our whistlestop tour of Vietnam. It's a really pretty little town with a French feel to it. Unfortunately Hoi An has become world reno Posted by palmer830 in Adam and Anna half a world away | Feb 15, 2010
- Shopping, shopping, and more shoppingThe past two days have been mostly filled with shopping. We spent Friday night at Suan Lum Night Bazaar and on Saturday morning we went to Chatuchack Weekend Market, which is apparently the biggest market in Thailand. Most Posted by slugtrek in Southeast Asia 2010 | Jan 31, 2010
- Honey Moon: Day 5 NightTonight will be our free and easy night. We are free to roam about Sapporo, provided we do not get lost.
After loading our luggage, we have to rush down to meet our tour guide. Most of us went out, except Posted by dacylet in Claudia's Adventures | Jan 8, 2010
- Honey Moon: Day 3 PMResting Point (For Lunch)
After Sounkyo Ropeway, we proceed to a resting point for lunch. Today we will have to pay our own lunch. We have to purchase a food ticket at the entrance, and then pass the ticket to the Posted by dacylet in Claudia's Adventures | Dec 15, 2009
- Honey Moon: Day 1 PMFinally after an hour plus flight, we had reached Hokkaido!!!!! We have landed on a white land. Merry Christmas~~ Oops, a bit early i guess... hahaha
Our first stop: LUNCH! It is around 1pm plus by the time we reached there. Posted by dacylet in Claudia's Adventures | Dec 8, 2009
- Shopping the saffer wayIf Harare had given me some culture shock, Pretoria was a revelation. I was fine on arrival, walking through the city and getting a bus to the house of some lovely and welcoming CouchSurfers who I stayed with. But the Posted by Gelli in Gelli goes South-ish | Dec 7, 2009
- Bye bye New Zealand, Hello Oz!
I just thought I would do a quick update on my departure from New Zealand. I'm flying off to Oz tomorrow (my birthday, in case anyone has forgotten!!) so this is my last full day. I have loved Posted by Abilucy in Abi's grand adventure! | Nov 3, 2009
- Vendredi (Friday)Friday
Again headed down for breakfast and check out.
We had to check out today as we were heading back into Paris tonight. This is where my separation anxiety started, but i didn’t yet realise it.
We had another full on Posted by Blue Teddy in Blue Teddy and the 14 pillows | Oct 28, 2009
- Lundi (Monday)I head downstairs for breakfast and one of my colleagues is already there, having started his breakfast but beckons me to join him.
He gives me the brief run down on how things are done French style for breakfast. I am Posted by Blue Teddy in Blue Teddy and the 14 pillows | Oct 27, 2009
- Veni, Vidi, Vichy
I thought this picture was quite funny.
This was my first real weekend in Roanne which was not filled with 5 hundred thousand errands! Friday night a group of assistants and some of the Posted by jauntypag in Savoir Vivre: Life in France | Oct 19, 2009
- Midlands MeanderThe Midlands Meander is a set of roads in the Midlands of South Africa that have all sorts of small shops and craftsman. There was everything from furniture we would love to have, leather goods, jewelry, antiques, African themed Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Oct 10, 2009
- Shopping the Thai WayWe left Sydney an hour late on the 24th and got to Bangkok just after midnight – fortunately we got through the formalities at the airport fairly quickly, but it did feel like we walked halfway to the city Posted by thomastour in Cathy & Geoff's European Odyssey | Sep 25, 2009