Blog Entries tagged 'shopping'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'shopping'
- One Night in Manila
We are staying Bayside in Malate, the old city at the southern end of Manila. Our hotel room overlooks the ocean and the famed Bay Walk to the right and Boys Next Door club to t Posted by gobannanas in Sue & Ed Go Bananas in South East Asia | Apr 9, 2013
- Grocery shoppingAfter a busy week at work the weekend finally arrived and we decided to first do grocery shopping. The apt building runs a shuttle to a big supermarket called Metro. They take us and then wait and hour. Wanted to Posted by mboggs in April in Hanoi | Apr 13, 2013
- Istanbul's Grand Bazaar[float=left][/float]Today we went to the Grand Bazaar, and for those of you who don't know, it's a very large, very old building that has over four thous Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Mar 28, 2013
- Kicking back in QuitoAs much as we love life on the road, it’s nice to stay in one place for a while. Since we left Guatemala in August, we’ve moved at a cracker of a pace. So, it was decided we’d put the Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Mar 26, 2013
- Summer 2012 Part I - The PDF VersionsHello all!
I hope this works. Since beginning the blog, I've been looking for a way to link and share the PDF newsletters I previously created here.
I have now found that way (go back to the [[http://katya42.travellerspoint.com/4/|Taxi entry]] to find Posted by katya42 in A Bibliophile Abroad | Mar 15, 2013
- Miao Homestay[center][/center]
The next part of the trip was a complete change of pace, as we arrived in Nande village for our Miao homestay. Nande has a long history, but a recent event - the arrival o Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Mar 6, 2013
- Conferencing in Beijing (Part II)[float=right][/float]After we'd had our fill wandering around the city, we exited through the side and caught a cab (Yeah, what were we thinking? Oh, yeah, we didn't Posted by katya42 in A Bibliophile Abroad | Mar 1, 2013
- Kurta and Saris
I'm going to be honest. I'm NOT a guy who enjoys shopping. But, I have to admit that I really enjoy bargaining at clothes stals and picking out fabrics with the girls. There was some pretty beau Posted by Fabian1993 in Study Abroad (Spring 2013) | Feb 21, 2013
- Shopping, crazy taxi rides and Phnom Penh
Leaving Siem Reap in our friendly taxi driver was one for Speed the Movie. He drove like there was no tomorrow. At a point, Steph and I almost locked our jaw in mild-scream when h Posted by LaguardiaC in Travel Twists | Feb 14, 2013
- Manila, PhilippinesOur last stop was Manila. During this time, some extreme floods were sweeping the city. Going from Boracay to Palawan, we had to fly via Manila. We also entered the country through Manila. The times that we were there just Posted by Anja Fourie in Exploradoranja | Aug 19, 2012
- Beijing Day 9 - Sanlitun & Yashow Clothing Marketplanning to go to Sanlitun (三里屯) sometimes during this trip. It was a perfect day for it because it was raining cats and dogs (we forgot to bribe the weather god with food offering).
After a quick obligatory tour of the Posted by FrancisQ in RamBLer WithOUT BorDers | Nov 3, 2012
- MilanSince we moved in and got a little settled in Freiburg, we’ve been able to travel a bit. We’ve visited Strasbourg and Colmar, two border cities in France, and we went to Berlin with our class. When we found out Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Nov 5, 2012
- ZagrebWe’re in Zagreb now and it’s lovely. It’s different being in a “regular” city, as opposed to the very old and touristy ones we’ve been in for the past week. Zagreb does have a section that’s 1000 years old, but Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 24, 2012
- Shopping in a Cruise Ship Parking on LandOne day during a lazy weekend, I surfed idly on YouTube[sup][/sup], and came across a video showing the top 10 strange sights as seen by Google satellite (serendipity is my favourite mate). While the other 9 are odd enough sights, Posted by FrancisQ in RamBLer WithOUT BorDers | Mar 22, 2012
- Tuscany and Rome - relaxing and refreshing "She's supposed to be his transitional person. She's not supposed to be the ONE". - Sally, in 'When Harry met Sally'.
I began our holiday already a little bit in love with the idea of France - a soft-focus, Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Dec 17, 2012
- Falling in love with Marseille At first blush Marseille can leave you wondering about where exactly it's reputation comes from. After the dizzying beauty of Paris, many of Marseille's building look a tad shabby, the graffiti tags prevalent throughout some districts add to the ghetto Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Dec 7, 2012
- Another View . . . Thank goodness for aeroplanes, they are amazingly useful, but really, a very boring way to get from one place to another. For the first twenty minutes I am usually excited about getting 30 000 feet off the ground in Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Dec 6, 2012
- Bargaining While Shopping in Oaxaca & Throughout MexicoChange has been in the air for years, if not decades. It’s now a well-established fact that hard bargaining while shopping in Mexico, especially in the poorer southern states such as Oaxaca, is neither the norm nor should it be Posted by titosarah in Helpful Information for Mexico Travelers | Nov 29, 2012
- June 2012 - Departure Minus 5...Packing Challenge Accepted!"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes." Walt Whitman
I've been reading some [[http://intelligenttravel.nationalgeographic.com/2012/02/24/the-10-rules-of-packing/|fantastic blogs]] which co Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Nov 23, 2012
- Busan Bound!So far my personal travels away from Ilsan have centered around Seoul because it is fairly painless to reach by bus or subway. I have been to other parts of Korea (Andong and Pocheon) but they were trips planned Posted by cstravelsabroad in Charlene's Travels Abroad | Oct 30, 2012
- MumbaiHi again,
I say my how Mumbai has changed. It has grown, upwards and outwards. We arrived in Mumbai yesterday and got to our Hotel around lunch. My goodness was it HOT. We went for a bit Posted by thorogoodsindia in fionasindiablog | Oct 26, 2012
- More on PunePune has been great. We have really enjoyed the ease at which we have been able to get around here. I have just returned from taking the girls (minus Darren) out for lunch and a spot of shopping. Posted by thorogoodsindia in fionasindiablog | Oct 24, 2012
- Elephanting, shopping and doing toursHello again,
We are still being looked after by the wonderful staff at Jas Vilas. I can HIGHLY recommend this place. It is like the oasis in the desert that is Jaipur. This lovely little home/hotel is run Posted by thorogoodsindia in fionasindiablog | Oct 15, 2012
- Bangkok day 3 14/10Our last full day and night was dedicated to shopping. Frankie's favorite pastime
Frankie seems to have found every single shop within the platinum mall. A multi level clothes shopping precinct that us divided into segments such as bags. Men's Posted by Wade85 in Wade's Travels | Oct 15, 2012
- "5 and a Half Days on the Ground"I still can't believe that Melissa and Lisa left their families and flew all this way to visit me in Peru! From the minute I received an email confirming their flight info, I saw the Cusco area in Posted by annevl in The Journey is the Reward | Oct 13, 2012