Blog Entries tagged 'sydney'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'sydney'
- Australien - Teil 1In Australien war für uns Halbzeit. Wir hatten uns vorgenommen, den Jahreswechsel mit meinem Bruder und seiner Familie in Sydney zu feiern, denn mein grosser Traum war es schon immer gewesen, einmal das grosse Neujahrsfeuerwerk im Hafen von Sydney live Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Mar 28, 2015
- Visa News!!!!So, this week I had some exciting news - my VISA for New Zealand has been accepted!
Me and a friendly kangaroo in Perth
Having spoken to many travellers in Australia, most who ha Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Mar 12, 2015
- Enjoy Sydney on a Budget: Free Things to DoSydney, Australia, is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Offering world-class accommodations and restaurants, a vibrant arts community, interesting architecture and a scenic natural setting, Sydney has something for everyone. Howev Posted by Fonthip in A Tiny Traveler | Feb 3, 2015
- Things they never tell you before you go travelling in Oz
Australia is big. Like REALLY big.
When you come to Australia you inevitably see the postcard of all of Europe fit onto the top of the Australian map. And according to Google, Australia is nearly three million square miles (2,941,299 Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Jan 21, 2015
- The Email at Slurrey HillsOur friend, Jess at the front desk knows all. All her recommendations are gospel, from breakfast to dinner and all in between. It was a short walk to Le Trader, a French/ Cafè for Sunday brekky with organic this and Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 12, 2014
- Kangaroo does not taste like chickenFor our Sydney stay we bought mymulti3 for $63 ea covers ferries, trains and busses.
We took lots of ferries.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/495115/548E1108ABA66032736693B957C3FA2E.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/495115/thumb_548E110 Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 11, 2014
- Getting Funky, not phobicOur last day in Queensland started out sunshine and unicorns:
We went to Barcelona, a restaurant at Abel Point Marina known for a curious fusion of Spanish and Whitsunday tapas, for non-hurried Cappuccinos and to eat breakfast, write postcards (with no Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 10, 2014
- 10 travel moments that made me go hmmmI travel to see things with my own eyes. To know what it feels like to take in a view or look at some place truly special, connect with it, and add it to my memories forever. These moments are Posted by Gotmybindle in Got My Bindle | Dec 19, 2014
- SydneyFinding a place to stay in Sydney is easy - with more than 90 hostels in the 4.5 million people city that shouldn't be a problem. However, when you have a car and look for free parking close to the Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Dec 10, 2014
- ...And Back Down SouthAllen and I left Brisbane on October 5th for the long journey back to Kiera and Andrew's house in Sydney. We focused mostly on camping on the beach on the way up and decided to try to find some Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Oct 12, 2014
- Heading North...I landed in Australia on September 27th after my overnight flight from Bangkok. Kiera picked me up at the airport and brought me back to her and Andrew's house in Neutral Bay, a suburb of Sydney. A short Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Oct 4, 2014
- Engagement Announcement! :)Today was a very relaxed, but a very very exciting day! Although we were engaged on Sept 17 (Day 3), today we were finally able to share the news with our family and friends (the time change made this rather Posted by lwebb in Wade & Lindsay's Australian Adventure! | Sep 19, 2014
- Blue Mountain Day Trip!This morning started off bright and early as we caught our tour bus at 7:30 for our day trip up to the Blue Mountains, a historic region of Australia. Our first stop was the quaint mountain village of Leura, where Posted by lwebb in Wade & Lindsay's Australian Adventure! | Sep 18, 2014
- Beach Day!Today was a little less hectic than the last few days have been, as we decided to have a lazy, relaxing day on the beach! As we made our way down to the harbour, we stopped to rub a boars Posted by lwebb in Wade & Lindsay's Australian Adventure! | Sep 18, 2014
- Exploring Sydney!What a busy day of sight seeing!! We were up early this morning, since we were in bed so early last night, and finished booking a few more items over coffee. The staff at the hotel have been extremely helpful! Posted by lwebb in Wade & Lindsay's Australian Adventure! | Sep 16, 2014
- Hello, Sydney!We safely arrived in Sydney at 7:30 AM on September 15th! It was a long 14.5 hour flight from Vancouver to get here, but thanks to the favourable tail winds, it was an hour shorter than scheduled. Wade and I Posted by lwebb in Wade & Lindsay's Australian Adventure! | Sep 15, 2014
- Sydney Harbour Bridge - ReviewTHEY say a picture paints a thousand words.
But neither the photographs nor the words on this page can do justice to the spectacular experience that is the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb.
Overcoming a mild case of vertigo and parting with the Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Aug 1, 2014
- 2nd August 2014- We've arrived!Well, what can I say? It has been a MANIC few days!
Arrived in Sydney on Sunday, July 27, and haven't stopped since landing at 7.45am.
Decided the best thing to do was try and stay awake, despite having had about 50mins Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Aug 1, 2014
- Sailing on Sydney Harbour
Dave crew extraordinaire
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/662707/90_IMG_198 Posted by Emmarossi in Love living in Sydney | Mar 9, 2014
- 25 Feb 2014 SydneyIn the morning we took the hop on hop off tour bus to to get a feel and see most of the city, with running commentary and brief descriptions at the major attractions takes about 3 hours
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/649021/C4FFBAAE2219AC6817CE Posted by Cvclyons in Our Big Travel Adventure | Feb 28, 2014
- Sydney, NSW, Australia So much for 'Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks'!
Sunday 19th January
We set off at 5.30am to take the bus to the airport for our flight to Sydney. Considering the standard of driving, the bus ride was uneventful; however we were Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Jan 24, 2014
- My first Adventure Hey everyone (probably just mum)!
So my flight from Avalon to Sydney flew me into the loving arms of Lilly, Nathan and the Morgan family who fed me the most delicious meal of lentils and lamb with a homemade Posted by sophiagm in Sophia and the City | Jan 8, 2014
- Cairns againBest Western for the night. We wander into town making plans...at the Hilton we decide to see Sam Powers, a magician. So we make sure we are early since Mel the ticket agent says they are doing a new trick Posted by Mari Anne in The Great Adventure 2013 | Dec 19, 2013
- Sydney AustraliaWe are in Sydney. We arrived at 6 am to partly cloudy skies and warm winds. The Aussies are happy, they have been cold since we sailed into New Zealand. I am sitting on our balcony enjoying the view of Posted by Mari Anne in The Great Adventure 2013 | Dec 18, 2013
- Welcome to Cost-ralia!We finally arrived in Sydney, where the sun is shining and the food is expensive! Our ultra-marathon, 20-hour flight from Toronto was pretty uneventful. I slept and Jess didn't and we all know what that means! Luckily for me the Posted by thefineline in the fine line | Dec 8, 2013