- Just A WhimperUsually when I go on long extended trips (or move to new continents) there is pomp and circumstance involved. Lots of telling, lots of talking, lots of last drinks, parties, reminiscing and well wishes. My friends and I would head Posted by LyseP in Sure Thing | Jan 18, 2012
- St John the Divine and Greenwich VillageOk - just for a different tack - we had a slightly different day today.
We started with a service at [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathedral_of_Saint_John_the_Divine|St John the Divine's]] on Amsterdam and 112 - just up from where we're staying.
[img Posted by Markfr in Mark's Travels | Jan 15, 2012
- The MetWe spent the day at [[http://www.metmuseum.org/|the Met]].
Just to set the scene - here's some info from the [[http: Posted by Markfr in Mark's Travels | Jan 12, 2012
- The Adventure starts NOW!!!Hello and welcome to now what I can officially call my travel blog! So it as began, all this waiting is finally over and I have taken the dig step into the wide world of Asia, with absolutely no encouragement Posted by Joewhittaker in Adventures of a Joe of the western world | Jan 8, 2012
- African Trip
As my 70th birthday was approaching, I realized how quickly my life was flying by. I thought about the bucket list of things I wished to do & decided if I was going to get items cr Posted by svflanders in African Trip | Jan 1, 2012
- SeachangeHow lucky can you be with the weather?? Days are fine and sunny and enjoyable - not even hot for a Queensland summer.
We left Warrilview at 4.45am so as to avoid negiotiating the work traffic on the Cunningham Highway. Posted by BerylB in Seachange | Dec 27, 2011
- Women of a certain age......Why Burma? Well I have been wanting to go for a few years now because not that many people go there and I heard that Posted by debbep in The Road to Burma | Dec 23, 2011
- Can I go Yet?
I'm ready to be done with Paris. It's such a shitty thing to say, really. People come from all around the world, oftentimes saving for years, just to see this city. But my Paris is less drinking Posted by LyseP in Sure Thing | Dec 14, 2011
- She's From Around the WayI'm not going to lie, it's 2:20am, and I need to be up in about five hours. I'm putting off great episode of X-Files (it's season 8, which I know is iffy, but it's the one with the mutant bat Posted by LyseP in Sure Thing | Dec 4, 2011
- River KwaiThe last couple of day shave been quite busy. We stayed 2 nights in Kanchanaburi, which is where the famous Bridge on the River Kwai (as in Alec Guiness) is. We arrived in town by train from Hellfire Posted by Markfr in Mark's Travels | Dec 4, 2011
- Sea, Sun and Sand in GoaGoa
If Mumbai is the slick modern city, a symbol of India's wealth and prosperity, then Goa is colourful party state, a symbol of the cultural diversity, especially the mix of religions creeds and colours. Arriving in Goa was a Posted by Annie Thornton in Meanderings in Asia | Dec 2, 2011
- The Golden CircleIn a fitting tribute to our visit to the site of the first democratically elected parliament in 930AD, Bernadette has gracefully decided to relinquish control of this blog for a tightly controlled guest spot by me. Please try and enjoy Posted by bernadettec in Europe | Nov 30, 2011
- WellingtonAfter eight days in our little campervan, we arrived in Wellington to spend some time with Kevin’s friend, Michal. We dropped the campervan off and toured the museums on the wharf. To our amazement, there were more museums than we Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Nov 23, 2011
- Delhi - Day 1After finally clearing Immigration (3/4hrs wait) - we find a suitcase missing - a quick search finally found it sitting in the middle of the arrival lounge with the security warning of "don't leave your bags unattended" blasting through the Posted by Australia0811 in 7 Weeks to Go | Nov 8, 2011
- From Salisbury to AscotVisiting Stonehenge was a great start to our trip but it was time to get back on the road. Tonight we stay at lovely [[http://www.cheapholidaycottages.org|cottage]] near Ashford but we stop off at Ascot along the way for the races.
[img=http://photos.t Posted by Slackster84 in Seeking Winter Sun | Oct 18, 2011
- Ciudad Quesada, Rockstars and new video!Yes! Finally after battling with slow internet the Week 8 Part 1 is finally up! But that was 2 weeks ago. Now we are in Ciudad Quesada and has painted a school so it looks very beautiful and happy! We Posted by marcusgrip in The Costa Rica Project | Oct 12, 2011
- The Costa Rica ProjectHi everybody! I just started an account here because I wanted to have a place to share and talk to other travelers and this place seemed perfect. Although we are past halfway through our journey I would like to spread Posted by marcusgrip in The Costa Rica Project | Oct 9, 2011
- Giaan in the RockiesAfter a night in Salmon Arm, we finally arrived in Banff, right in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. We stayed in a hostel that was very cramped but was still good as we only stayed in there to sleep. Posted by The Robbos in The Robbos Go North America | Oct 6, 2011
On the way to Jasper we stopped in at The Columbia Ice Fields. The Columbia Ice Field is a gigantic glacier completely made of ice. The company that we bought our tickets with brought a massive bus with tires that Posted by The Robbos in The Robbos Go North America | Oct 6, 2011
- The Cruise continues...Hi, it's Giaan again. The 2nd day of the cruise was a full day at sea. Angus and Mum were very sick that day as the ship rocked for hours on end (Ugh!). Fortunately, Dad and I Posted by The Robbos in The Robbos Go North America | Oct 4, 2011
- The Red ArrowSt Petersburg to Moscow – on the Red Arrow – 22nd September
I had been looking forward to my first overnight train trip for a while, all of my journeys so far had been during the day. The journey from Posted by beatski in incidentals | Oct 2, 2011
- Checkpoint #1
Instead of tracking km's travelled, as that is nearly impossible, I decided to track the modes of transport and other note worthy items along the trip. Here is the running summary..
Planes taken: 11
Beds Slept in: 18
Posted by astroalex in Follow the Sun | Sep 30, 2011
- How To Have six pack AbsNowadays, most people are becoming increasingly more health and beauty conscious. This is why you can see many individuals in gyms and saunas. This can also be observed in the type of foods that we eat.Many people are now shying Posted by stevebell101 in Rudolph Atkins Nestor | Sep 21, 2011
- The Fun of Having Free Online TVIt is quite astounding to witness people's way of enjoying themselves using technology. People are captivated to get the TV as a whimsical buddy inside the houses, most especially for plain housewives and their children. Lately, things about TV Posted by andrewcarney111 in Jeremy Norris Graham | Sep 21, 2011
- If you're going to San Francisco ...A little bit of catching up to do, I'm afraid...
Succesfully negotiated the joys of peakhour traffic in downtown San Francisco on Tuesday afternoon. We stayed at a hostel that was in the most amazing location right on the edge Posted by The Robbos in The Robbos Go North America | Sep 11, 2011