- Norway and the Northern LightsFor dinner last night we decided to visit their newly created specialty restaurant. Unlike the big mass market ships, dinner is a fixed three course menu with no selections. Last night it was duck leg for the entry, Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jan 21, 2015
- Bienvenida a la República DominicanaDay 1: Arrival in Jarabacoa.
I sit here in the newly initiated VAW apartment way to excited to sleep. LUC VAW is officially kicking off its first Medical Outreach Trip in the Dominican Republic. (see www.volunteersaroundtheworld.org) After a Posted by kbali in La República Dominicana | Dec 27, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineAfter a mid night departure, we arrived in Rudesheim Germany for morning tour of the village and a gondola ride to View the Riesling slopes of this famous area in Germany. After that we visited a local winery to Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 20, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineToday we checked out of the Radisson Blu in Lucerne and headed for Basel, where we would tour the city and board AMACello for our trip north to Amsterdam. It was a pretty ride the 80 or so km Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 17, 2014
- To The Little ShadowsA fierce heart and a stunning mind with a laugh that sounds like all of the good things this world has to offer, Beth Barrie is the kind of woman you want on your team.
She leads with a passion Posted by mirandabarrie in To Sail, Not Drift | Oct 7, 2014
- Day 9 and Day 5 of bike rideThis morning was unusual in that it had rained during the night. This worked out perfectly as our day started out with a walking tour and this allowed the moisture to be absorbed from our biking paths. Posted by Msdimond in Tuscany Trip | Sep 22, 2014
- The Driver and his mateThe Driver and his mate
All of his life he’s loved driving and does it well. Many many years ago now, back in December 1967 when David and I lived in Sydney, a group of us were invited to Posted by twodubfers in Seeing Australia | Sep 21, 2014
- Dubai 129th of August:
When we first arrived in Dubai it was 5(ish) in the morning.
After a 45 minute taxi, we get to The Atlant Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Aug 31, 2014
- The American School of Tampico WebsiteI had my orientation on Friday. This week I school starts for professional development.
This school is gorgeous. I have three classes, one seventh and two eighth. My biggest class is 17. I have my Posted by Tampicoandlisa in Lisa in Tampico, Mexico | Aug 10, 2014
- Una Americana at La Playa MiramarI woke up yesterday looking for adventure, so I hopped into the cab feeling proud that I had determined the fare to the beach. Ciento and cincuenta sound the same? I said Playa Miramar, which meant Posted by Tampicoandlisa in Lisa in Tampico, Mexico | Aug 10, 2014
- Sapphire Gemfields on the Tropic of CapricornWell, Sapphire has been a great experience in all sorts of ways. It's the driest part of the state we have seen so far and the locals can't recall when they last had any rain. Our camping ground Posted by twodubfers in Seeing Australia | Aug 8, 2014
- July 4th Celebrations! San Francisco
Today was my very first day in San Francisco! So I caught the Megabus from LA through to SF. They were on time, good serv Posted by larabester in Bester goes Abroad! | Jul 7, 2014
- Back to Flying Solo...I tossed and turned all night, waking up alternating between dripping sweat and shivering cold. I had hoped that the sleep would improve my symptoms and didn’t feel too bad when I woke up. We headed downstairs for Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jun 22, 2014
- test june 9 Posted by johnbander in test_may2014 | Jun 9, 2014
- KandyIt felt good to get back to the hustle and bustle of city life. We arrived around lunchtime so set off around the lake to hunt down the hotel we had in mind. Found a little cafe on the side Posted by gonetravelling in Travelling Jane and James 2014 | Apr 6, 2014
- Day 98 Lima Last Minute LocalThe lasts two days of the trip, we set out to explore as much as we can, it is our last breath…
We take a public bus out to Larco Museum, which shows artifacts from Northern Cultures of Peru, but it Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Mar 3, 2014
- China City impression nanjing[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/656920/n2.jpg caption=n2 Posted by solomonchina in China impression | Feb 7, 2014
- Washington DC HighlightsIf there's one place to go in the USA to get your fill of history, it's Washington DC. It's bursting at the seams with monuments, cemeteries, memorials, and museums that all have something unique and memorable about them. And as Posted by Gotmybindle in Got My Bindle | May 23, 2013
- Dec 4th ~ Day #150 through Jan 26th~ DAY #200 +Lukenbach Heading for Wilson SC ~ actual uncharted territory for this trip!! We’re heading south and west…..California here we come! Wilson was unseasonably warm at about 80 degrees and afforded us the opportunity do the menial things of life Posted by nancy.ambler in Nance and Trace's Great Adventure | Jan 28, 2014
- Horseback across the AndesChile to Argentina
The six-hour struggle in high seas from the island of Chiloe across to the southern mainland of Chile had been tedious. We arrived in darkness at a small cove. The ferryboat lowered its ramp like a huge sigh Posted by traventurers in Roy's Rambles | Jan 23, 2014
- You're off to great places, today is your day.So last weekend, my Vietnamese friend (Hanh) who is studying at Victoria in Wellington also invited me out to her hometown. The little of town of La Gi, a small beachside town four hours North of Ho Chi Minh City Posted by breannamorgan34 in Somewhere in Vietnam | Dec 3, 2013
- Restaurant on the River[float=left][/float] Rill? What’s a rill? Maybe the new restaurant sign was a mistake? The Copper Rill? Do they mean “grill”? So I looked up the word.
Rill: a small stream or Posted by davidmutticlark in Searchin' for Soul | Oct 23, 2013
- South AfricaFor the last day of our adventure in South Africa, we headed north toward the mountains to the wine farm region - totally different from the southern cape region. You can be in the heart of the wine farms Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Sep 14, 2013
- Conquering The World Famous Cabot TrailWas sitting here early evening when suddenly I heard my phone break out in our wake up alarm--it was 6:30PM--where the heck was it at 6:30AM when it was supposed to go off!! Had a great night's sleep and Posted by damienannaaiden in Get Your Motor Running | Sep 13, 2013
- Living the TEFL DreamWell Lewy and I are definitely living the dream right now! We live on a small private Caribbean island, inhabited by only 30 people and wake up every morning to the sound of the lazy waves lapping up on the Posted by lewyandkerri in Professional Mexicans | Sep 2, 2013