Blog Entries tagged 'tips_and_tricks'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'tips_and_tricks'
- Cycling Around IcelandAkureyri Special....!
Where's hot and where's not......
Akureyri is a great little city nestled in the mountains in northern Iceland. It is considered the capital of the north and is also know as the biggest city Posted by tchgate in Cycling Around Iceland | Jul 2, 2010
- TestAfter my phone buzzing 3 times with 'test' emails coming through checking that my 'out of office' message was working, I was prompted to 'test' this blog to double check it is working (and more importantly, double check that I Posted by kristenm in Europe 2010 | Jul 1, 2010
- Nine wtf moments from the subcontinent.As I am finishing up my time in the subcontinent I thought I'd do a post or two summing up my 3 months here. Coming from the West India in particular is full of moments of surprise. From Posted by nomadSteve in Asia Adventure | Jun 30, 2010
- Culture in Porto AlegreYesterday we went to see the show of Eva Yerbabuena. She is one of the world’s most renowned Flamenco dancers. It was a really great show. I am mixing up cultures; after all I am a Dutch guy in Brazil Posted by erodrigo in Garfield around the world | May 14, 2010
- ComftabrokeBuying things feels good - fact.
And spending money feels particularly good when it is on those things we know we shouldn't buy. A great example of this is the pile of denim in my closet worth hundreds of dollars that Posted by LeiCran in turkey with a splash of cran | May 13, 2010
- What I Learned in Puerto Rico 1. You are never more than five minutes from a Burger King. Unless of course you are looking for Burger King. Then they mysteriously disappear.
2. People with cat allergies need not apply. http://jennifersjourneys.travellerspoint.com/124/Old S Posted by Jennylynn in Jennifer's Journeys | Apr 11, 2010
- Travel Blogging updateHi all
Thought you might like to know that I am now featured on travelblogs.com - stories, advice and the internet's best travel blogs. Check it out at http://www.travelblogs.com/blogs/where-on-earth-is-skye
I'm also a 'featured blog Posted by skyewilson in Where on earth is Skye? | Apr 5, 2010
- Group Travel Vs. Solo TravelThe first time I set foot on a plane with no other travel companion by my side, I felt a little bit intimidated by the vastness of the world around me. Suddenly, I thought about time management, self responsibility and Posted by rachwells in Wander Sphere | Apr 6, 2010
I can't take it.. I can't speak in tagalog. Badtrip!. EOP is getting on my nerves!
I just think its all bunch of craps and bullshits to have that policy. I'm really so sorry Posted by xxKhEixx in Veni, Vidi, Vici | Apr 3, 2010
- A Backpackers Haven in Ho Chi Minh CityThere is a central road that caters directly to the many backpackers that travel through Ho Chi Minh City. 'Bui Vien' is loaded with guest houses, restaurants, bars and travel agents. Needless to say it's a good place to catch Posted by howlett in Asia / Oceania / North America | Mar 28, 2010
- Hot to Trot. (or not)Living abroad and traveling is about reinventing yourself. You can try on the best parts of people you meet and blend them with elements of your own personality to create a different persona on a daily basis, if you so Posted by LeiCran in turkey with a splash of cran | Mar 22, 2010
- Things we learned along the way :)We learned a lot on our trip to Singapore, we met a lot of great people that helped us out along the way and taught us about their wonderful culture.
Some things you have to remember when visiting Singapore is that Posted by jcjj in Serenity in Singapore | Mar 5, 2010
- The Art of Shared Sleeping
Imagine this: You’re in a nice, comfy hostel (http://www.travellerspoint.com/hostels-en.html) in a brand new Posted by Ofelia in Travel Unravelled | Mar 1, 2010
- Travelling alone or on your own?Recently the magazine Marie-Claire interviewed me on my travels on my own. I noticed that I had difficulties in explaining it since for me it is just nothing special. Ask a native speaker to explain his language and he will Posted by Marie-Jose in Marie-Jose going abroad | Feb 28, 2010
- Singlish, anyone?A lot of my dissertation is devoted to Hinglish (Hindi + English) - the default national language of India! In researching composite languages like that, I had stumbled upon Singlish (Singaporean English). I was doing the usual mindless surfing while Posted by Goofy9 in Singapore Sling | Feb 27, 2010
- Party in Colombia:Colombia is the only place in the world in which " rumba" means much more than the musical rythm known as, well..." rumba". Lets see how can we define " rumba" ... a simple translation could be "to party" Posted by MarColombi in Marcela's Colombia Travel Blog | Feb 24, 2010
- Lucerne: A gateway to ParadiseLucerne is the tourism capital of Switzerland and gateway to the snow peaks – Mt. Titlus, Jungfrau and the beautiful town of Interlaken. On the periphery of Lucerne is Mt.Pilatus & Mt. Rigis which unfortunately are not on the itinerary Posted by sunilnew65 in Sand and Dust | Feb 20, 2010
- EgyptFrom Heathrow to Cairo, you really could not have a bigger contrast in airports really. Glitz, Harrods and blissfully organised to smelly, decrepit, army personnel and the passport control guy blasting a dart. Stamp. Welcome to Egypt.
[img=http://photos Posted by jessnsteve in Kays Odyssey | Feb 10, 2010
- Day 6On my first night in Chiang Mai I met an extremely nice old lady from a fantastic city called Edinburgh (that's where I'm from and I'm not being byest one bit on this one). After I ordered a Beer at Posted by GaryWeir in See you soon Thailand | Feb 5, 2010
- Yes Mom, I’m writing my own blog...Following is a summarised version of my Colombia Travel Blog entry. If you want to see some of my photos of colombia visit Marcela's Colombia Travel Blog (http://colombia-travel-marcela.blogspot.com/)
Hello there. If someone gets to read th Posted by MarColombi in Marcela's Colombia Travel Blog | Feb 3, 2010
- Please Help !!!My friends and i have booked a Trip to the USA. We plan on travelling in an RV / Campervan between NYC, Philadelphia, Washington, Chicago, Niagara falls.
do you have any advice about aspects of our trip. i.e. places to visit Posted by jammake in Travelling Advice / Help | Feb 3, 2010
- DenemeBakalım bu nasıl Gozukuyor
Check, how it looks? Posted by mcozgule in TRAVEL DIARIES of MCO | Dec 1, 2009
- On Running a HouseholdIn owning and managing our own place we have come to realize that our parents were probably right about a few of the things they tried to teach us when we lived at home. Here are the Top Five things Posted by eurogirls in Euro Bound | Jan 20, 2010
- Strange ElectricsThe strange thing about Brazil is they have bipolar electricity. In the big cities, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Porto Alegre, you will find the voltage is 110. However when you move to the countryside and smaller cities like Posted by erodrigo in Garfield around the world | Jan 13, 2010
- Getting the best out of people - some tips from an elephantEver tried getting a seven ton elephant to do as you say? Sometimes managing people can seem like an enormous challenge, but if you follow a few basic principles you’ll be well on your way towards maximising your business’ potential.
While Posted by JaneB in Quirky travel adventures | Jan 12, 2010