- Norway and the Northern LightsOur last 24 hours on board was spent cruising southbound towards Bergen. The scenery was spectacular and you never seem to get tired of looking at a beautiful coastline.
All in all, the cruise was more than we expected in Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jan 29, 2015
- Have Technology, Will Travel!So we are now under five weeks to "D" day and yes we have had a trial pack which we will explore in some depth later on. I'm going to focus on what we feel we need to pack in Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Nov 7, 2014
- ArrivalAuntie Eva, Ruby and I arrived safely in Chennai at 0400h on October 06, 2014.
There was no one to meet us. In all the activity of getting ready for the trip, no one thought to arrange how we were Posted by Lorraine'sblog in Tamil Nadu | Oct 30, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineWe traveled through the Swiss countryside the 60 or so Km from Zurich to Lucerne. It was a wonderful journey as the sun was shining and the weather was great. You can really get a feel for the Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 14, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineToday's task was to take the train from Geneva to Zurich to meet up with the start of our AMA Waterways city and rivercruise tour. In spite of some brain issues, we actually arrived safely!
The Geneva train station is Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 13, 2014
- VarnaLocal transport: At last, a country where they let you pay on the bus! In fact, in Varna, there's even an old-fashioned bus conductor and she will find you rather than you being the one who has to find them. Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 14, 2014
- ConstantaWe were not in Constanta long enough to draw any conclusions, but we did experience some travel headache which this post might help others to avoid...
Local transport: We were in a hotel about a mile and a half from the Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 13, 2014
- Mt Isa, Qld to Barkly Homestead, NTMT ISA QUEENSLAND TO
BARKLY HOMESTEAD, NORTHERN TERRITORY 445 km
It’s hard to believe, looking back to our early morning cuppa around 6.30am when we had no idea which direction we would be heading today, that we have safely arrived at Posted by twodubfers in Seeing Australia | Aug 19, 2014
- Smooth travelling so farSunday 17th, August 2014.
Pack, unpack, pack, sort, cull. Phone calls of desperation. Nothing else to do.......play cards with kids until driver comes to pick us up.
Problem......range rover may not fit all cases in......come and try.
Our driver Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Aug 18, 2014
- 6 things to do in Reykavik
People always relate Iceland as cold, boring, and mysterious place in earth. True in certain extent that Iceland is cold (not as cold as you think) and mysterious due to the rich land f Posted by keithyuenck in KEXplorer - My World Trotting Journey | Aug 17, 2014
- Searching for the elusive St. Charles' ChurchWhen you book hostels, most dorms are “mixed” meaning for guys and girls. But many hostels have female-only dorms as well (of course for extra money), so the mixed dorms usually end up being all guys. My roommates Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jul 6, 2014
- A rousing song
those of you who spent hours cleaning your son"s boots will be pleased to know they were accepted effortlessly by the authorities...good work every one!!! We were met by the folks fro Posted by lcjru2014 in Lane Cove Under 14 NZ Tour 2014 | Jun 28, 2014
- Sukosan to Stobrec CROATIA18th June Sukosan to Stobrec
We took the coastal road down to Stobrec. It was slow going, but hugged the Adriatic most of the way. There were a few small ports along the way and a couple of massive ones. Posted by Combes Caper in Grandfolks Grand Tour | Jun 23, 2014
- Warrnambool to Mt GambierStarted the day with an enjoyable beach stroll with Robbie. We stopped off for a bit of whale-watching, but alas, there were none. We will have another look on the way back if there's time! Had to Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jun 12, 2014
- Day 7Well this has been a day of surprises. We wake up to gloomy and rain and then once the bus starts rolling beautiful sunshine begins. We see vines (one of my favorite sites) along the way. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/208217/italian_vines_near_V Posted by alitabrown in Europe 2014 | May 27, 2014
- Day 10
We leave the jail hotel, which was the best sleep ever - Not sure what to make of that and head to Lyon. The weather rained and cleared and rained and cleared.
We stop at a chateau owned Posted by alitabrown in Europe 2014 | May 13, 2014
- Day 7Well this has been a day of surprises. We wake up to gloomy and rain and then once the bus starts rolling beautiful sunshine begins. Enroute to Venice we are pleasantly surprised by a stop on Lake Garda in the Posted by alitabrown in Europe 2014 | May 10, 2014
- Days 4 - 8
Day 4 Rosebud to Airey Inlet.
We arose very early (6.30 am) this morning so that we could catch the 8.00 am car ferry from Sorrento to Queenscliffe. Catching this early ferry saved $40.00 for the trip. It was lucky Posted by Bobnhiroe in 2014 Trip to Victoria | Mar 22, 2014
- Dec 4th ~ Day #150 through Jan 26th~ DAY #200 +Lukenbach Heading for Wilson SC ~ actual uncharted territory for this trip!! We’re heading south and west…..California here we come! Wilson was unseasonably warm at about 80 degrees and afforded us the opportunity do the menial things of life Posted by nancy.ambler in Nance and Trace's Great Adventure | Jan 28, 2014
- Whistle stop tour of AucklandLeft Honolulu on Monday 16th December at 10.20pm on an Air NZ flight to Auckland, flight time only 9 hours but ,due to crossing the date line we lost a day and arrived Wednesday 18th at 6 Am. Checking out Posted by balawaran in Round the world in 24 days | Dec 21, 2013
- 30 days....but who's counting? :) The final 30 days have arrived. All of a sudden all the planning, organizing , is real. ( and believe me , it is a lot!) I have a mixture of feelings. Very excited Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Dec 3, 2013
- At RockhamptonOn Sunday the 8th Sep we went to the open air markets in the grounds of the Heritage Village. It was quite large – over 140 stalls.
We spent over 2 hours there and only purchased a small amount of Posted by Bobmacc in 2013 Winter trip to Queensland | Sep 10, 2013
- Longreach to Rockhampton
After a welcome rest of 4 days in Longreach and having caught up with Bob’s cousin and his family including Uncle Nip flying in from Ingham we left reasonably early on Thursday morning.
First stop was at the small town of Posted by Bobmacc in 2013 Winter trip to Queensland | Sep 6, 2013
- Quilpie to Longreach
We drove into Quilpie this morning and refuelled then visited the Catholic Church which has a wonderful alter and lectern made with opal.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by Bobmacc in 2013 Winter trip to Queensland | Sep 2, 2013
- Morven to QuilpieThe village of Morven consists of 250 people, a Pub, a general store and a Police Station with lockup. Don't know where all the criminals come from.
There are quite a few very o Posted by Bobmacc in 2013 Winter trip to Queensland | Aug 29, 2013