Blog Entries tagged 'tour'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'tour'
- Wine tasting in Sonoma and Napa ValleysBefore leaving Switzerland, we had booked a tour on Viator's website in order to go wine tasting in the regions of Sonoma and Napa Valleys, some of California's most famous wine regions. Our small-group tour included the drive from and Posted by dindiosk in Current Destination: Amalfi Coast, Italy | Oct 17, 2013
- All Roads Lead To...: Ancient RomeUpdate: All new posts can be found at [[http://thewanderingmind.net|http://thewanderingmind.net]].
No first trip to Rome is complete without spending time delving into the history of Rome. Our method of choice was a "small group" tour that we bo Posted by cgplatt in My Never Ending Journey | Oct 14, 2013
- Best Istanbul Oldcity ExcursionIstanbul turkey preference was for the summer holidays. Japanyo went to italy and true both before and had wonderful trips. Covering the 10-day turkey istanbul oriental mystique and aura that made summer vacation. After a 3 hour trip to a Posted by antoninasemkina in Wonderful Summer Holidays | Sep 15, 2013
- Capitol Hill and the White HouseTours of public buildings tend to be free in the USA but often have to be booked up a long time ahead (as I found out to my cost when trying to visit the US Mint in Denver). I was Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Jun 5, 2013
- Mount VernonWhen I said I wanted to visit Washington DC for a few days lots of people recommended that if I should try and do an excursion out to George Washington's country estate and tomb at Mount Vernon while I was Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Jun 4, 2013
- Washington Open Top Bus TourI wanted to see the US Capitol and White House while I was on the US East Coast so shortly before the end of my round the world trip I booked myself into a hotel for a few days in Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Jun 3, 2013
- HamburgThe decision to come to Hamburg was motivated by cheap Ryanair flights.
We spent our time in Germany's second largest city doing some sightseeing, sheltering from the weather and preparing for the next part of the trip, Portugal!
[img=http://photo Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Sep 4, 2013
- Berlin Part 1I'm going to write about Berlin in two parts. It is kind of fitting because Berlin is a place of twos:
East and West.
Before the war and after the war.
World War and Cold War.
Capitalists and communists.
Businesses and artists.
As Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Sep 3, 2013
- PragueThe first night we stayed in Prague we saw the reasons why some people don't like the city; masses of tourists, loud British stag groups and tacky souvenir shops.
Our next stay was much better. One of Jessie's friends from Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Aug 27, 2013
- BudapestOrangeways are my new favorite Hungarian bus company, even though their drivers get lost and end up being almost 2 hours late they are still the cheapest.
We arrived in Budapest, changed our money, used the awesome soviet style subway Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Aug 12, 2013
- from salta to the salt plains.......see what we did there.Hey pals.
Were in Bolivia. If anyone is suffering from Bolivia they should get help.(that's for the froebel crew)
We left salta for la quiaca (Argentinean side)/ Villazon(Bolivian side) two days ago. Not bad journeys all round. Walked through the b Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Aug 1, 2013
Dunedin turned out to be a pretty cool city. Decently big. Actually the 2nd latgest city on the South Island. Although that's not saying much....Dunedin is home to the University of Otago Posted by karencook in Karen's World Adventures | May 13, 2013
- HELLO ASIA! :)As you can see, another blog, another place I visited. This was my first stop in Asia, Nepal!!! The flight from Brussels to Nepal, Kathmandu was 17 hour 55 minute flight with a 6 hour 45 minute layover. This long Posted by mayals in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 10, 2013
- Finally Here~ The first of the three regions I'm travelling to is South America and I finally arrived at my first destination..... COSTA RICA! After spending $243, travelling 3722 km and exactly 7 hours from the Toronto Posted by mayals in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 21, 2013
- A Second Look at Harry Potter[float=left][/float]Today stood out as one of our best days in the UK, at least for Abby and I. Since we were four and six Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 16, 2013
- Three Tours of SydneyWith only a limited amount of time in Sydney (and having got the [[http://francisworldtrip.travellerspoint.com/108/|Blue Mountains]] out of the way), I signed up for 2 days of touring Sydney and Bondi Beach by bus followed by a cruise of [i] Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Apr 20, 2013
- Day Trip to the Blue MountainsThe one place outside the city that seems to be on everyone's bucket list when they visit Sydney is the stunning Three Sisters sandstone rock formation in the Blue Mountains about 40 miles (60 kilometres) inland at Katoomba on the Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Apr 19, 2013
- The Antarctic Experience & my unsuccessful search for WhalesThe supply bases for the New Zealand, US and Italian Bases on Antarctica are all located at Christchurch Airport and in addition to a separate terminal for Antarctica there is also a tourist attraction called the International Antartic Centre.
Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Apr 16, 2013
- Milford SoundA must see for me was Milford Sound only 40 miles (64 kilometres) away as the crow flies although with mountains and lakes in the way the actual distance by road was 180 miles (290 kilometres) and took over 3 Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Apr 10, 2013
- Jetboating on the Dart RiverA lot of the wilder locations used for The Lord of the Rings were near Glenorchy on the north shore of Lake Wakatipu, about a 45 minute drive from Queenstown and the thought of combining a trip to see them Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Apr 12, 2013
- Boeing Factory TourWe picked up the rental car, a 2013 Kia Surento. We had booked a Toyota Corolla... But I'm not complaining because with this we can put the seats down and sleep in the back.
Now that with wheels we could Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Apr 30, 2013
- Backpacking down South Island's West CoastTravelling alone with everything on my back and a lot of distance to cover, joining a backpacking tour felt the best way to get the essential NZ South Island experience. Having settled into my hostel in Greymouth I wandered down Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Apr 6, 2013
- Beautiful TurkeyI had been planning this trip for a very long time but I guess it is more appropiate to say Ihad been dreaming about it but our decision to go have been made in a minute after many long years Posted by mergrey in Mer's Travel Reviews | Apr 19, 2013
- Hobbiton and RotoruaPretty much Number 1 on my list of places to visit in New Zealand was the Hobbiton Movie Set and Air New Zealand conveniently had The Hobbit as their inflight movie on the way over from Perth. First stop was Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Mar 26, 2013
- Auckland "City of Sails"Auckland is built on a narrow istmus where you can walk from the east to west coast in about 4 hours. It is also pitted with about 50 volcanic cones and craters and half the city seems to spend their Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Mar 21, 2013