Blog Entries tagged 'tour'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'tour'
- Day Trip to the Blue MountainsThe one place outside the city that seems to be on everyone's bucket list when they visit Sydney is the stunning Three Sisters sandstone rock formation in the Blue Mountains about 40 miles (60 kilometres) inland at Katoomba on the Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Apr 19, 2013
- The Antarctic Experience & my unsuccessful search for WhalesThe supply bases for the New Zealand, US and Italian Bases on Antarctica are all located at Christchurch Airport and in addition to a separate terminal for Antarctica there is also a tourist attraction called the International Antartic Centre.
Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Apr 16, 2013
- Milford SoundA must see for me was Milford Sound only 40 miles (64 kilometres) away as the crow flies although with mountains and lakes in the way the actual distance by road was 180 miles (290 kilometres) and took over 3 Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Apr 10, 2013
- Jetboating on the Dart RiverA lot of the wilder locations used for The Lord of the Rings were near Glenorchy on the north shore of Lake Wakatipu, about a 45 minute drive from Queenstown and the thought of combining a trip to see them Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Apr 12, 2013
- Boeing Factory TourWe picked up the rental car, a 2013 Kia Surento. We had booked a Toyota Corolla... But I'm not complaining because with this we can put the seats down and sleep in the back.
Now that with wheels we could Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Apr 30, 2013
- Backpacking down South Island's West CoastTravelling alone with everything on my back and a lot of distance to cover, joining a backpacking tour felt the best way to get the essential NZ South Island experience. Having settled into my hostel in Greymouth I wandered down Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Apr 6, 2013
- Beautiful TurkeyI had been planning this trip for a very long time but I guess it is more appropiate to say Ihad been dreaming about it but our decision to go have been made in a minute after many long years Posted by mergrey in Mer's Travel Reviews | Apr 19, 2013
- Hobbiton and RotoruaPretty much Number 1 on my list of places to visit in New Zealand was the Hobbiton Movie Set and Air New Zealand conveniently had The Hobbit as their inflight movie on the way over from Perth. First stop was Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Mar 26, 2013
- On the Market in GoudaLast year [[www.vinitasalome.com|Vinita]] and I were asked, in regards to the publication of our [[http://www.blurb.com/b/4006049-the-bee-s-tour-of-gouda-buzzing-through-vinita-s-l|Gouda book, "The Bee's Tour of Gouda, Buzzing Through Vinita's Lens,"]] to Posted by apersephone in The Sweet Bag of the Busy Bee | Apr 4, 2013
- Auckland "City of Sails"Auckland is built on a narrow istmus where you can walk from the east to west coast in about 4 hours. It is also pitted with about 50 volcanic cones and craters and half the city seems to spend their Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Mar 21, 2013
- srilanka tour and travels[b]If you have great plans for your holidays, then Srilanka is the right location for that. Srilanka has a variety of locations that are ideal for you to explore and relish on your holidays. We have designed a variety of Posted by srilankatour in srilankatour | Mar 17, 2013
- Beijing Private Cultural TourBeijing, December 26th 2012
Before leaving for China, I booked [[http://www.viator.com/tours/Beijing/Private-Cultural-Tour-Hutong-Rickshaw-Ride-Tea-Ceremony-and-Dumpling-Making-in-Beijing/d321-5533CBJF/TR|a private cultural tour through Viator]] for 70 Posted by automidori in Beauty and the Freeze | Mar 16, 2013
- Summer 2012 Part I - The PDF VersionsHello all!
I hope this works. Since beginning the blog, I've been looking for a way to link and share the PDF newsletters I previously created here.
I have now found that way (go back to the [[http://katya42.travellerspoint.com/4/|Taxi entry]] to find Posted by katya42 in A Bibliophile Abroad | Mar 15, 2013
- Rottnest IslandRottnest (or "Rotto") is a small island 12 miles off the Fremantle coast famed for its wildlife (and in particular "quokkas", cat sized marsupials) and used as an idyllic holiday retreat by the locals. The day started with catching the Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Mar 8, 2013
- Khao Yai National ParkI had 2 things on my must do list for the few days I had in Bangkok; see the iconic buddhist temples and to go for a ride on an elephant. I had done the temples, now it was time Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Mar 2, 2013
- AyutthayaAyutthaya lies 52 miles (85 kilometres) north of Bangkok and was one of the ancient capitals of Thailand until it was destroyed by the invading Burmese Army in 1767. For over 400 years it prospered and was covered in temples Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 28, 2013
- Two Day Expedition to the Wahiba SandsA must do in Oman is to venture out and stay overnight in the desert and my chance to do it had arrived. I booked myself a personal driver/guide with a Toyota 4WD Landcruiser and booked a night at the Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 20, 2013
- Legal or tolerated
(I would like to thank to Iain Mallory, who supported me in writing travel blogs to document memories and share it with the public.)
Amsterdam has never been in my to go list till the time Posted by nergiscetin in In the arms of Amsterdam | Feb 18, 2013
- JungfraujochJungfraujoch is a vantage point 11,782 feet (3,571 metres) up in the Swiss Alps & is about a 2 hour drive South West of Zurich.
J Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 10, 2013
- Rhine FallsThe largest waterfall in Europe are the Rhine Falls near Schauffhausen a little over an hour north from Zurich and the canoeist in me had to see it.
This felt a far grittier tour than the Zurich City Tour I had Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 9, 2013
- Mi Stima Aruba: What We DidOur trip to Aruba was all about relaxation, so we had not made any plans prior to our arrival, preferring to figure it out once we were there. We knew that our first priority would be beach/pool time, but we Posted by cgplatt in Our Never Ending Journey | Feb 9, 2013
- First Stop ZurichFirst stop on my trip was Zurich, with predictable Swiss efficiency I passed through the clinically tidy airport in record time and found myself on a double decker train into the centre of the city. On cue it began to Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 8, 2013
- Beijing Day 15 - Train to Datong & Holiday InnEtta decided that while she was in Beijing, we should take a side trip to Datong. She's an absolute sucker for grottoes. So she booked the 6 Days Travel from Datong to Pingyao and Taiyuan trip with TCT. This is Posted by FrancisQ in RamBLer WithOUT BorDers | Nov 9, 2012
- Tour BusYou know how it is when your on a tour bus with 20-30 strangers. There's the person who is constantly late and holds the bus up, there's the person who always has to use the bathroom, there's the loud Posted by woodymy in Woodyear's Wanderings | Jan 22, 2013
- BratislavaWe stopped over for a couple of days here on our way to Vienna. It’s definitely a convenient location, but doesn’t get as much attention as some other cities in the area. I guess it’s pretty hard to compete with Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Dec 21, 2012