Blog Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
- Poetry emotion - ShirazAfter a bus journey to Shiraz ending at 3am we treated ourselves to a day of serious lie-in, rest, washing, journal writing and iPod listening. In the early evening we emerged to wander round the peaceful and laid back Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Aug 21, 2010
- Last of the Summer - Oh hang on, thats not wine...OK I've been dragged in to an internet cafe and I'm not allowed to leave until I write something.
Under the care of Javad, who is a lovely, quiet, tender guy - we arrived in Yazd in the middle of the Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Aug 21, 2010
- What Happened...?Here are some photos I took last year when I got to the site of a snow mountain, named "Yu Long" in Chinese. Can you figure out the tiny difference among them? What happened to the snow mountain?
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/281754/yulong_1.j Posted by Cathy_joy in Wow!China | Aug 20, 2010
- Day 14 Marseille, Vendredi 20 Août 2010 - Chateau d'If andWe arrived on the island of Chateau d'If at about 2:30 pm.
It cost 5€ to go into Chateau d'If prison.
There is a verbal information session available in French only. Margy listened while I sat there, smiled and Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 20, 2010
- Day 14 Marseille, Vendredi 20 Août 2010 - Notre Dame We woke up without an alarm at shortly before 9 am. Got dressed and went to have breakfast with the other guests. And what a breakfast it was. There was coffee, tea or juice to drink, a Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 20, 2010
- A glimpse of JoensuuToday Prof (Bennett Alexander) and Tuija were to present their Doctoral studies at the school of computing in Joensuu so yesterday Mikko asked if we want to just tag along an atleast catch a glimpse of the place-HELL YEAH! hehehe.
We Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Aug 19, 2010
- The Savonia Design AcademyYesterday Sipho and I met Tuija from the Health Information Systems (HIS) department, she works with Prof Korpela. She had agreed to take us to the Savonia Design Academy of Kuopio so that we meet the coordinators there. Tuija is Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Aug 18, 2010
- Day 11 Nice, Mardi 17 Août 2010 - Monaco and Monte CarloBright lights, slots and lives of the rich and famous here we come.
Got up just a bit later this morning. Woke up naturally and shortly before the alarm was due to go off at 8:30 am. Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 17, 2010
- Port Douglas & The ReefCairns was nicer than what we had thought it would be. We envisaged a backpacker haven of rowdy bars. Yes, there are several bars like that, but it was also clear that Cairns has been trying to reposition itself as Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Australia Trip | Aug 16, 2010
- Day 10 Nice, Lundi 16 Août 2010 - Villefranche-sur-MerWe walked to the Gare Routiere and got the 100 bus about 5 minutes before it was due to leave to go to Villefranche-sur-Mer which is from the 14th century. Our trip was relatively short and took about 15 Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 16, 2010
- England..."All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts…"
Shakespeare's As You Like It - circa 1600
Day 1 - 2010-08-07
Posted by CVMB2010 in RTW2010 | Aug 16, 2010
- Day 4 Paris, Mardi 10 Août, 2010 - Giverny and MonetAs we did not have time for a sit down lunch anywhere after finishing at the Musee Rodin, we went to the grocery store, Diagonal and purchased two pre made baguettes at 2.95€ each. Kind of a fast food baguette. Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 16, 2010
- La Sainte-Chapelle
Sadly La Sainte-Chapelle was under renovation while we were there but we still got to go inside and see what was available to the public. To most Parisians, La Sainte-Chapelle is considered the Posted by domokun in Our travels recorded: | Aug 15, 2010
- Day 9 Nice, Dimanche 15 Août, 2010 - CannesToday is not only a Sunday, but a holiday as well. The holiday is called Assumption Day. “It’s the day on which the Greek and Roman Catholic churches celebrate Mary’s ascent to heaven. In Orthodox churches, called the Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 15, 2010
- Basilique du Sacré-Cœur
The basilica is located at the summit of Montmartre, the highest point in the city.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/31760 Posted by domokun in Our travels recorded: | Aug 15, 2010
- The bright lights of SydneyStill playing catch up with these posts but seeing as we spent 8 days in Sydney, I should be able to get somewhere.
First thing after the surf camp, we were on our way to Sydney. A 9 hour journey, which Posted by semaber in NO NEED TO PANIC | Aug 15, 2010
- Day 7 Nice, Vendredi, Août 13, 2010 - EzeWe got to the Gare Routiere in the late morning. This is the bus depot where all the buses start and end all their trips in Nice. There are schedules for each individual bus route and there are Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 14, 2010
- Day 7 Nice, Vendredi, Août 13, 2010 - New DigsEnd of the week already and I only arrived in France a week tomorrow. The time has gone by way too fast. I want it to slow down even though our pace has been relaxed but we have Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 14, 2010
- Notre Dame de Paris
Notre Dame has always been in my mind even as a child. Obviously the Eiffel Tower is the first thing I think of Paris but Notre Dame is Posted by domokun in Our travels recorded: | Aug 14, 2010
- The Lappeenranta experienceOn Monday the 9th August Prof Korpela came to pick us up and took us to the Kuopio station. There we met another Mikko (younger) who was also going to attend the summer school, but on a different course( Robotic Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Aug 14, 2010
- The Great Outdoors of VancouverWhen I first made the reservations for this trip a few months ago, I had one mission: to spend as much time in the great Canadian outdoors as possible. With the beach, the mountains, beautiful gardens and coastal islands all Posted by rachwells in Wander Sphere | Aug 13, 2010
- We have arrived!It was a long haul, but we landed on time in New Delhi late Thursday night, passed through immigration without any problems, met our driver at the door, and were wisked off to our Bed and breakfast arriving around 1:00 Posted by SteveJenn in How Do You Say Thiruvanathapuram? | Aug 13, 2010
- Musée du Louvre
Musée du Louvre i Posted by domokun in Our travels recorded: | Aug 13, 2010
- La Tour Eiffel
From the Palais de Chaillot I walked to La Tour Eiffel or nicknamed in French La dame de fer which translates to "the iron woman". When I think of Paris, I immediately think of La Tour Eiffel... Posted by domokun in Our travels recorded: | Aug 13, 2010
- Day 4 Paris, Mardi 10 Août 2010 - Musée Rodin We got up this morning at 7:15 am, got ourselves organized and went downstairs to have breakfast before heading back to the Varenne Metro station to actually see the Musee Rodin. Breakfast at our hotel was complimentary and comprised Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 13, 2010