Blog Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
- England..."All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts…"
Shakespeare's As You Like It - circa 1600
Day 1 - 2010-08-07
Posted by CVMB2010 in RTW2010 | Aug 16, 2010
- Day 4 Paris, Mardi 10 Août, 2010 - Giverny and MonetAs we did not have time for a sit down lunch anywhere after finishing at the Musee Rodin, we went to the grocery store, Diagonal and purchased two pre made baguettes at 2.95€ each. Kind of a fast food baguette. Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 16, 2010
- La Sainte-Chapelle
Sadly La Sainte-Chapelle was under renovation while we were there but we still got to go inside and see what was available to the public. To most Parisians, La Sainte-Chapelle is considered the Posted by domokun in Our travels recorded: | Aug 15, 2010
- Day 9 Nice, Dimanche 15 Août, 2010 - CannesToday is not only a Sunday, but a holiday as well. The holiday is called Assumption Day. “It’s the day on which the Greek and Roman Catholic churches celebrate Mary’s ascent to heaven. In Orthodox churches, called the Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 15, 2010
- Basilique du Sacré-Cœur
The basilica is located at the summit of Montmartre, the highest point in the city.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/31760 Posted by domokun in Our travels recorded: | Aug 15, 2010
- The bright lights of SydneyStill playing catch up with these posts but seeing as we spent 8 days in Sydney, I should be able to get somewhere.
First thing after the surf camp, we were on our way to Sydney. A 9 hour journey, which Posted by semaber in NO NEED TO PANIC | Aug 15, 2010
- Day 7 Nice, Vendredi, Août 13, 2010 - EzeWe got to the Gare Routiere in the late morning. This is the bus depot where all the buses start and end all their trips in Nice. There are schedules for each individual bus route and there are Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 14, 2010
- Day 7 Nice, Vendredi, Août 13, 2010 - New DigsEnd of the week already and I only arrived in France a week tomorrow. The time has gone by way too fast. I want it to slow down even though our pace has been relaxed but we have Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 14, 2010
- Notre Dame de Paris
Notre Dame has always been in my mind even as a child. Obviously the Eiffel Tower is the first thing I think of Paris but Notre Dame is Posted by domokun in Our travels recorded: | Aug 14, 2010
- The Lappeenranta experienceOn Monday the 9th August Prof Korpela came to pick us up and took us to the Kuopio station. There we met another Mikko (younger) who was also going to attend the summer school, but on a different course( Robotic Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Aug 14, 2010
- The Great Outdoors of VancouverWhen I first made the reservations for this trip a few months ago, I had one mission: to spend as much time in the great Canadian outdoors as possible. With the beach, the mountains, beautiful gardens and coastal islands all Posted by rachwells in Wander Sphere | Aug 13, 2010
- We have arrived!It was a long haul, but we landed on time in New Delhi late Thursday night, passed through immigration without any problems, met our driver at the door, and were wisked off to our Bed and breakfast arriving around 1:00 Posted by SteveJenn in How Do You Say Thiruvanathapuram? | Aug 13, 2010
- Musée du Louvre
Musée du Louvre i Posted by domokun in Our travels recorded: | Aug 13, 2010
- La Tour Eiffel
From the Palais de Chaillot I walked to La Tour Eiffel or nicknamed in French La dame de fer which translates to "the iron woman". When I think of Paris, I immediately think of La Tour Eiffel... Posted by domokun in Our travels recorded: | Aug 13, 2010
- Day 4 Paris, Mardi 10 Août 2010 - Musée Rodin We got up this morning at 7:15 am, got ourselves organized and went downstairs to have breakfast before heading back to the Varenne Metro station to actually see the Musee Rodin. Breakfast at our hotel was complimentary and comprised Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 13, 2010
- Palais de Chaillot
After Napoleon's empire fell, his plans for a palace for his sons on Chail Posted by domokun in Our travels recorded: | Aug 13, 2010
- Day 3 in Paris, Lundi, Août 9, 2010 - MontmartreAfter seeing the Moulin Rouge we started to head towards the Sacre Coeur but before getting there we soaked up all that Montmarte had to offer.
We saw some whimsical works a art. One of a man coming out of Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 13, 2010
- Day 3 in Paris, Lundi, Août 9, 2010 - Sacre CoeurThe Sacre Coeur was very beautiful. High up in Montmarte above everything. Crowds of people we in the church, on the stairs and milling around. We went in and many were lighting candles. It was quite Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 13, 2010
- Rainforest, Cape Tribulation & Friday Night in CairnsHiya!
It’s been very difficult getting internet access the last few days hence you’ll notice that a lot of our recent posts are only being put up now. Broadband and wifi in Australia (apart from Sydney) is miles behind the UK. Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Australia Trip | Aug 13, 2010
- Palm CoveSouth Mission Beach to Palm Cove
The 3 hour car journey gave me more time to get used to the car – it’s strange not changing gears up or down when you approach a junction and that there is no clutch Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Australia Trip | Aug 13, 2010
- South Mission BeachHi folks - Simon here!
After our lovely stay on tiny Hamilton Island we flew to Cairns. There was a slight delay on our flight and when we arrived at Cairns airport it would mean that we’d have to hang around Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Australia Trip | Aug 13, 2010
- Airlie Beach
The Virgin Blue flight took us up the Queensland coast and we could see miles upon miles of beaches enroute to Proserpine airport, the gateway to the Whitsundays. Proserpine airport does things a bit differently – most of the waiting Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Australia Trip | Aug 13, 2010
- Arc de Triomphe
We were so jet lagged the moment we arrived in Paris and took a nap straight away. When we woke up, we were groggy and noticed that it was considerably late. Oops - - We walked out of our hotel Posted by domokun in Our travels recorded: | Aug 12, 2010
- Kolkata - The whole india on one streetCalcutta, or now Kolkata, will always be special after Dr. Bombay...
This is really a city with many faces, and just by walking a long one street you can find everything people sleeping, eating, cooking, begging, getting a hair cut Posted by henrikper in One year in India | Aug 12, 2010
- Tap Dancing on Granville IslandIt was a rainy, slightly chilly afternoon in Vancouver, Canada on Saturday, August 7, but one group of enthusiastic young kids warmed the hearts of visitors to the Granville Island Public Market with their tap dance routine to the R&B/pop Posted by rachwells in Wander Sphere | Aug 11, 2010