Blog Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
- South Mission BeachHi folks - Simon here!
After our lovely stay on tiny Hamilton Island we flew to Cairns. There was a slight delay on our flight and when we arrived at Cairns airport it would mean that we’d have to hang around Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Australia Trip | Aug 13, 2010
- Airlie Beach
The Virgin Blue flight took us up the Queensland coast and we could see miles upon miles of beaches enroute to Proserpine airport, the gateway to the Whitsundays. Proserpine airport does things a bit differently – most of the waiting Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Australia Trip | Aug 13, 2010
- Arc de Triomphe
We were so jet lagged the moment we arrived in Paris and took a nap straight away. When we woke up, we were groggy and noticed that it was considerably late. Oops - - We walked out of our hotel Posted by domokun in Our travels recorded: | Aug 12, 2010
- Kolkata - The whole india on one streetCalcutta, or now Kolkata, will always be special after Dr. Bombay...
This is really a city with many faces, and just by walking a long one street you can find everything people sleeping, eating, cooking, begging, getting a hair cut Posted by henrikper in One year in India | Aug 12, 2010
- Tap Dancing on Granville IslandIt was a rainy, slightly chilly afternoon in Vancouver, Canada on Saturday, August 7, but one group of enthusiastic young kids warmed the hearts of visitors to the Granville Island Public Market with their tap dance routine to the R&B/pop Posted by rachwells in Wander Sphere | Aug 11, 2010
- A day at the beachWe got to spend a day at the beach yesterday. The water was perfect. We spent 4 1/2 hours in it!!!
My brother and I like to go to the beach pretty much only because of the waves. We have Posted by serj n syn in on the 7th year they rested | Aug 11, 2010
- Day 3 in Paris, Lundi, Août 9, 2010 - Moulin RougeWe got off the Metro in Montmartre for the purpose of going to Princesse Tam Tam since the Cadolle store was closed.
When we got off the train station we took the lift but got off much too soon. Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 10, 2010
- Don't Look Down! View from the Suspension BridgeThis is one of my favorite pictures from my entire time in Vancouver:
The Capilano Suspension Bridge
Keep one hand firmly on the side of the bridge and keep your footing steady Posted by rachwells in Wander Sphere | Aug 10, 2010
- Rabid dogs and touristsHello everyone,
We´re now in San Pedro de Atacama in (predictably) the middle of the Atacama desert. We arrived here this morning after an eleven hour bus journey through the night. Fortunately, it wasn´t as bad as I had anticipated in Posted by Patriciah6 in Patricia in South America | Aug 9, 2010
- Day 3 in Paris, Lundi, Août 9, 2010 - Cityrama Tour Got up at 7:15 am. Still tired as I didn't have the best sleep last night. I was restless and my right ankle was quite sore. Had to stretch out my quads a lot and that helped. Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 9, 2010
- Day 1 Paris, Samedi 7 Août 2010 - Illuminations of ParisOn Saturday evening, August 7 I did my bits of shopping along Rue de Rivoli (I can't help but remember it by thinking Ravioli. Somehow I think that might be just a bit disrespectful.) and then it was time Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 9, 2010
- a walking tour of EdinburghI’ve been in Edinburgh for a few weeks, now, working long hours, and one of the highlights of my stay has been, strangely, my walk to work.
I’m staying in Marchmont, which is something of a student ghetto. It’s all terraces Posted by kithica in A Nomad at Heart | Aug 9, 2010
- Day 2, Dimanche, 8 Août, 2010 - Musée Dorsay and L'OrangerieHad a wonderful and restful sleep. I woke up and forgot where I was. I know, how could one possibly forget they were in Paris. It was actually just seconds, and I am still feeling a lot Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 8, 2010
- 1st walk thru KuopioBennett took some time to take us thru the walking passages of the student life that he has learnt over this past 3/4 months. He is good! I am glad for all those years of chatting with him like he Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Aug 8, 2010
- VeniceWe woke up early this morning and made our train no problem. When we got to Venice, we took a vaporetto from the train station to our hotel. It’s basically the public bus system, except that the buses Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Aug 8, 2010
- BrisbaneI’m typing this in Brisbane’s Domestic Airport terminal on Sunday morning. We are about to fly to the Whitsundays and we’re at the half way point of our Oz adventure – we’ve spent 9 nights in Oz and the next Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Australia Trip | Aug 7, 2010
- The Final Leg![b]Hello!
First of all, I have to say congrats to my cousin Lindz and her hubby, Tom on the arrival of their handsome baby boy, James!! I'm so excited for you guys and I can't WAIT to meet him.
Also, today I Posted by AshS in CONTIKI Adventure | Aug 7, 2010
- Run Forrest Run!The Dragon Boat Festival we’d looked forward to today was cancelled because of the rain, so we headed back over to the Island and purchased an open top bus ticket. After the rain had stopped obviously. We visited the observation Posted by asprey in Far East to India Overland 2010 | Jul 23, 2010
- Grand Canyon National Park Here are some of Rob's thoughts and feelings about the Grand Canyon. This was one of his stops on Rob and Jan's National Parks Tour. He was kind enough to share this with me.
If you would Posted by johnwilson in The National Parks Tour | Aug 6, 2010
- Ansbach, BavariaFor my first experience of driving on the autobahn, I drove north then east to visit Lena in Ansbach. About four hours of the drive were in Germany on the Autobahn which was an interesting experience in itself, though Posted by CVMB2010 in RTW2010 | Aug 6, 2010
- Hong KongWe still have no idea how we are getting out of Hong Kong. We’d planned to head North West to the Three Gorges Dam so we could spend a few lazy days on the Yangki river cruise. We’d had to Posted by asprey in Far East to India Overland 2010 | Jul 22, 2010
- Byblos & BaalbackWe saw two of the most historic sights in Lebanon these last 3 days.
First we went to Byblos which is the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world. It was beyond amazing to see the buildings there, everything has Posted by serj n syn in on the 7th year they rested | Aug 6, 2010
- Surfers!!Surfers Paradise
Morning! Michelle here!
We arrived in Surfers yesterday afternoon and headed straight to the beach. It goes on for as long as you can see and the backdrop of sky scrapers really does make it an unusual setting. Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Australia Trip | Aug 6, 2010
- Harbour Bridge crossing & Manly BeachG’day mates!
It certainly had turned stormy overnight – woke up to the news that there had been an unexpected level 2 tropical storm during the night with winds of 130 km/hr! The weather forecasters hadn’t predicted it at all – Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Australia Trip | Aug 6, 2010
- Byron BayAt Sydney airport we got a free wine sample and when the guy offering this heard my accent he said which part of Ulster are you from? His story was that his Dad was originally from Dungannon (and played rugby Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Australia Trip | Aug 6, 2010