Blog Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
- A day at the beachWe got to spend a day at the beach yesterday. The water was perfect. We spent 4 1/2 hours in it!!!
My brother and I like to go to the beach pretty much only because of the waves. We have Posted by serj n syn in on the 7th year they rested | Aug 11, 2010
- Day 3 in Paris, Lundi, Août 9, 2010 - Moulin RougeWe got off the Metro in Montmartre for the purpose of going to Princesse Tam Tam since the Cadolle store was closed.
When we got off the train station we took the lift but got off much too soon. Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 10, 2010
- Don't Look Down! View from the Suspension BridgeThis is one of my favorite pictures from my entire time in Vancouver:
The Capilano Suspension Bridge
Keep one hand firmly on the side of the bridge and keep your footing steady Posted by rachwells in Wander Sphere | Aug 10, 2010
- Rabid dogs and touristsHello everyone,
We´re now in San Pedro de Atacama in (predictably) the middle of the Atacama desert. We arrived here this morning after an eleven hour bus journey through the night. Fortunately, it wasn´t as bad as I had anticipated in Posted by Patriciah6 in Patricia in South America | Aug 9, 2010
- Day 3 in Paris, Lundi, Août 9, 2010 - Cityrama Tour Got up at 7:15 am. Still tired as I didn't have the best sleep last night. I was restless and my right ankle was quite sore. Had to stretch out my quads a lot and that helped. Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 9, 2010
- Day 1 Paris, Samedi 7 Août 2010 - Illuminations of ParisOn Saturday evening, August 7 I did my bits of shopping along Rue de Rivoli (I can't help but remember it by thinking Ravioli. Somehow I think that might be just a bit disrespectful.) and then it was time Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 9, 2010
- a walking tour of EdinburghI’ve been in Edinburgh for a few weeks, now, working long hours, and one of the highlights of my stay has been, strangely, my walk to work.
I’m staying in Marchmont, which is something of a student ghetto. It’s all terraces Posted by kithica in A Nomad at Heart | Aug 9, 2010
- Day 2, Dimanche, 8 Août, 2010 - Musée Dorsay and L'OrangerieHad a wonderful and restful sleep. I woke up and forgot where I was. I know, how could one possibly forget they were in Paris. It was actually just seconds, and I am still feeling a lot Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 8, 2010
- 1st walk thru KuopioBennett took some time to take us thru the walking passages of the student life that he has learnt over this past 3/4 months. He is good! I am glad for all those years of chatting with him like he Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Aug 8, 2010
- VeniceWe woke up early this morning and made our train no problem. When we got to Venice, we took a vaporetto from the train station to our hotel. It’s basically the public bus system, except that the buses Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Aug 8, 2010
- BrisbaneI’m typing this in Brisbane’s Domestic Airport terminal on Sunday morning. We are about to fly to the Whitsundays and we’re at the half way point of our Oz adventure – we’ve spent 9 nights in Oz and the next Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Australia Trip | Aug 7, 2010
- The Final Leg![b]Hello!
First of all, I have to say congrats to my cousin Lindz and her hubby, Tom on the arrival of their handsome baby boy, James!! I'm so excited for you guys and I can't WAIT to meet him.
Also, today I Posted by AshS in CONTIKI Adventure | Aug 7, 2010
- Run Forrest Run!The Dragon Boat Festival we’d looked forward to today was cancelled because of the rain, so we headed back over to the Island and purchased an open top bus ticket. After the rain had stopped obviously. We visited the observation Posted by asprey in Far East to India Overland 2010 | Jul 23, 2010
- Grand Canyon National Park Here are some of Rob's thoughts and feelings about the Grand Canyon. This was one of his stops on Rob and Jan's National Parks Tour. He was kind enough to share this with me.
If you would Posted by johnwilson in The National Parks Tour | Aug 6, 2010
- Ansbach, BavariaFor my first experience of driving on the autobahn, I drove north then east to visit Lena in Ansbach. About four hours of the drive were in Germany on the Autobahn which was an interesting experience in itself, though Posted by CVMB2010 in RTW2010 | Aug 6, 2010
- Hong KongWe still have no idea how we are getting out of Hong Kong. We’d planned to head North West to the Three Gorges Dam so we could spend a few lazy days on the Yangki river cruise. We’d had to Posted by asprey in Far East to India Overland 2010 | Jul 22, 2010
- Byblos & BaalbackWe saw two of the most historic sights in Lebanon these last 3 days.
First we went to Byblos which is the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world. It was beyond amazing to see the buildings there, everything has Posted by serj n syn in on the 7th year they rested | Aug 6, 2010
- Surfers!!Surfers Paradise
Morning! Michelle here!
We arrived in Surfers yesterday afternoon and headed straight to the beach. It goes on for as long as you can see and the backdrop of sky scrapers really does make it an unusual setting. Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Australia Trip | Aug 6, 2010
- Harbour Bridge crossing & Manly BeachG’day mates!
It certainly had turned stormy overnight – woke up to the news that there had been an unexpected level 2 tropical storm during the night with winds of 130 km/hr! The weather forecasters hadn’t predicted it at all – Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Australia Trip | Aug 6, 2010
- Byron BayAt Sydney airport we got a free wine sample and when the guy offering this heard my accent he said which part of Ulster are you from? His story was that his Dad was originally from Dungannon (and played rugby Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Australia Trip | Aug 6, 2010
- Las niñas de otra ciudad Una amiga de Brasilera, Italia, Alemania y Suecia/Finlandia nos visitaron en Chennai durante sus vacaciones de 2+ semanas en la India. Se relajaron en Chennai, utilizaron nuestra lavadora hasta casi morirse, fueron de compras, visitas turísticas, restaura Posted by musse96 in One year in India | Aug 5, 2010
- Next in Line..excited ako sa september.. kasi we are planning to go to Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte. (well, sana matuloy kasi hindi pa kame nakakapag pa book). wrong timing kasi ang websense, pati Pal at Cebu pac sites are blocked na. Posted by c.pinas in travel-gala-lamyerda-tour | Aug 5, 2010
- Phallic rocks and navigational shocksWe caught our train from Istanbul to just outside Cappadocia, sharing with a slightly wary yet sweet old Turkish couple in our four person couchette. The atmosphere warmed up greatly when the man was showing us videos of his Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Aug 5, 2010
- Scrubbers!Was woken up in Istanbul by the sound of the call to prayer, just like all the guide books say you will be. This is a sound I've become quite used to and even welcome. Dave and I Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Aug 5, 2010
- Camiguin Island, Pilipinasbrace your self because this will be a looooong blog. lots of kwentos and pictures.
First stop for the day : Katibawasan Falls, Camiguin Island. from Paras hotel, we rode a a jeep going to the falls. we woke up Posted by c.pinas in travel-gala-lamyerda-tour | Feb 21, 2010