Blog Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
- New Delhi - A big construction areaHenrik´s brother arrived and it was time give him a good Indian experience, so we took a weekend in New Delhi and this time we actually went to all tourist places.
It really feels like they decided that central Delhi Posted by henrikper in One year in India | Jul 11, 2010
- More about school, exploring, and day trips! The way school works is that I get there before 7:30, and go home around 4:30. For AFS we start at 8:30 so usually we'll walk around the surround area to waste time/explore. One morning we actually got a little Posted by jennhuynh in 我的夏天在中国 | Jul 11, 2010
- The Paris CatacombesWe had a leisurely start to the day by walking down to the beautiful Rue Montorgueil, described as:
...a vibrant pedestrian area in the heart of Paris. Some of the city's best produce, meat and fish markets can be found here, Posted by Anniemax in Annie's Journeys | Jul 10, 2010
- Walkıng around IstanbulAs you can see we are tryıng to catch up to the last few days.
On our fırst full day ın the cıty Brenda and I decıded to hıt the most ımportant sıghts.
We had a yummy breakfast at the hostel and Posted by stanncie in Travelling Therapists | Jul 9, 2010
- Paris in SummerAfter arriving at Gare du Norde, it took an hour waiting in a queue for a taxi to our hotel. There was no mistaking that Paris was in summer!
Our hotel is 'quaint'. I chose it for its Posted by Anniemax in Annie's Journeys | Jul 8, 2010
- Home Sweet AmericaThursday July 1st
Mom and I explore Cusco on our own looking for postcards and lunch before we take a cab to the Cusco airport at 2pm. From then on it’s traveling to Lima, then Lima to Atlanta overnight, and after Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 7, 2010
- Back to the Cus' (Day 21)Wednesday June 30th
We explore Cusco today, which is a great city- filled with Inca landmarks and works all over the place. It has a wonderful feel, and a lively atmosphere. We shop, get coffees and chocolates, take a tour Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 7, 2010
- Machu Piccha- Here we are! (Day 20)Tuesday June 29th
It was raining and cloudy when we woke-up and boarded the bus to enter Machu Picchu. When we arrived, after 15 minutes of switchback roads climbing up the mountainside from Hot Springs Town, clouds overtook this ancient Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 7, 2010
- TORRO TORRO! Alrighty!!!!
so yesterday was a great day! :D - far out i love spain. so in the morning, we had breakfast, then i went on a walk to the plaza mayor, which use to be the main plaza in Posted by valentinaa in To Amsterdam And Beyond! | Jul 7, 2010
- Londontown!!Jambo everyone!
My apologies for it taking so long for me to start my blogging! The trip is going wonderfully so far and I’m experiencing so much. Ill try and give a brief overview of what I did for my first Posted by WendiBandi in Venturing into Kenya: Wendi's Adventures | Jul 7, 2010
- Ollantaytambo & Hot Springs Town (Day 19)Monday June 28th
Today is our day of reward- we get real bathrooms, meals not served in below freezing temperatures, and we don’t have to walk more than 3 hours the whole day. We begin with a tour in Ollantaytambo with Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 6, 2010
- A Prayer to the Mountain Gods (Day 18)Sunday June 27thth
Today is the second time in my life that I have closer to my own demise than I would care to be (runner up to being left in the middle of the ocean off Mexico’s coast during a Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 6, 2010
- The Quarry Trail (Day 17)Saturday June 26th, 2010
Today is one of the hardest days of my entire life. I have never, ever, challenged my lungs, heart, and entire body so much- and it all hates me now. Our hike today began at 8am after Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 6, 2010
- Into the Wild (Day 16)Friday June 25th
Today was “the big day”- our first day of hiking and camping. I am exhausted, cold, and thoroughly questioning why I am doing this. While writing in my journal, I am completely bundled up in everything I brought Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 6, 2010
- Salt Mines in the Valley (Day 15)Thursday June 24th
At 10am we take a small van down the dirt road a bit to get dropped off at the bottom of a hill. Today our wall/climb is up about 45-50 minutes to salt mines which layer the Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 6, 2010
- Onto the Sacred Valley (Day 14)Wednesday June 23rd 2010
We leave Cusco early with our group, Dante and another local guide. Right outside of the city of Cusco we visit “Sacayhuaman” (which sounds roughly like saying “sexywoman” with a Spanish accent).
These ruins display some of Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 6, 2010
- Cusco, a City to Love (Day 13)Tuesday June 22nd, 2010
Tuesday is a 6am start time for breakfast and then our departure from Puno via van to “bus station” (a term I use lightly, like most things in Peru). Here we sadly have to board a large Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 6, 2010
- Uros Islands/Puno Dance Group (Day 12)Monday, June 21st 2010
We wake at 6am to get dressed, packed and ready for our 7am breakfast. I visit the outhouse, say hello to the sheep on my way, and smile at the site of the donkey tied up next Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 5, 2010
- Lake Titicaca is the Place to be! (Day 11)Sunday June 20th, 2010
Sunday morning we leave our hotel by 7:30am to hop on bicycle taxis (bench in front, peddler in back) to the docks at Lake Titicaca, just a mile or so from our hotel. It’s a cool morning, Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 5, 2010
- Condor World (Day 10)Saturday June 19th, 2010
We wake in the cold, dark morning at the horrible hour of 5am to eat breakfast and climb onto our bus to drive a few hours back over those mountain passageways to the a higher point in Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 5, 2010
- Into the Colca Canyon (Day 9)Friday June 18th, 2010
We had breakfast at 7:30am with some of group (the rest of which was too hung-over for the birthday celebrations to make it to breakfast on time). We left Arequipa on our bus at 8:30am to head Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 5, 2010
- Juanita of Arequipa (Day 8)Thursday June 17th
There is a strike in Peru today affecting mainly Arequipa and Cusco. Tourists from both cities evacuated on Wednesday in order to avoid the barricaded roads and suspended PeruRail service; the strike mainly union workers (nurses, con Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 5, 2010
- Cape Town Day 3Beautiful clear day. Down to Mandela Gateway for ferry ride across Table Bay to Robben Island. Great views back into Cape Town with the mountains as a backdrop.
Bus tour around the island with a very entertaining guide who pointed out Posted by grobarry in Robert and Garry at the World Cup | Jul 5, 2010
- Cape Town Day 2Much better start to the day after a cool night. Cool breeze but still some cloud on Table Mountain. Timothy decided it would be best to do the Cape Peninsula Tour and hope for an even better day on the Posted by grobarry in Robert and Garry at the World Cup | Jul 5, 2010
- Arequipa, with a side of Frog (Day 7)Wednesday June 16th
We ate breakfast in our cute hostel next to the garden before taking our tour of Arequipa. Our first visit on this tour was to the local market which was full of…. everything you could possibly imagine (including Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 4, 2010