Blog Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
- The Quarry Trail (Day 17)Saturday June 26th, 2010
Today is one of the hardest days of my entire life. I have never, ever, challenged my lungs, heart, and entire body so much- and it all hates me now. Our hike today began at 8am after Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 6, 2010
- Into the Wild (Day 16)Friday June 25th
Today was “the big day”- our first day of hiking and camping. I am exhausted, cold, and thoroughly questioning why I am doing this. While writing in my journal, I am completely bundled up in everything I brought Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 6, 2010
- Salt Mines in the Valley (Day 15)Thursday June 24th
At 10am we take a small van down the dirt road a bit to get dropped off at the bottom of a hill. Today our wall/climb is up about 45-50 minutes to salt mines which layer the Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 6, 2010
- Onto the Sacred Valley (Day 14)Wednesday June 23rd 2010
We leave Cusco early with our group, Dante and another local guide. Right outside of the city of Cusco we visit “Sacayhuaman” (which sounds roughly like saying “sexywoman” with a Spanish accent).
These ruins display some of Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 6, 2010
- Cusco, a City to Love (Day 13)Tuesday June 22nd, 2010
Tuesday is a 6am start time for breakfast and then our departure from Puno via van to “bus station” (a term I use lightly, like most things in Peru). Here we sadly have to board a large Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 6, 2010
- Uros Islands/Puno Dance Group (Day 12)Monday, June 21st 2010
We wake at 6am to get dressed, packed and ready for our 7am breakfast. I visit the outhouse, say hello to the sheep on my way, and smile at the site of the donkey tied up next Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 5, 2010
- Lake Titicaca is the Place to be! (Day 11)Sunday June 20th, 2010
Sunday morning we leave our hotel by 7:30am to hop on bicycle taxis (bench in front, peddler in back) to the docks at Lake Titicaca, just a mile or so from our hotel. It’s a cool morning, Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 5, 2010
- Condor World (Day 10)Saturday June 19th, 2010
We wake in the cold, dark morning at the horrible hour of 5am to eat breakfast and climb onto our bus to drive a few hours back over those mountain passageways to the a higher point in Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 5, 2010
- Into the Colca Canyon (Day 9)Friday June 18th, 2010
We had breakfast at 7:30am with some of group (the rest of which was too hung-over for the birthday celebrations to make it to breakfast on time). We left Arequipa on our bus at 8:30am to head Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 5, 2010
- Juanita of Arequipa (Day 8)Thursday June 17th
There is a strike in Peru today affecting mainly Arequipa and Cusco. Tourists from both cities evacuated on Wednesday in order to avoid the barricaded roads and suspended PeruRail service; the strike mainly union workers (nurses, con Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 5, 2010
- Cape Town Day 3Beautiful clear day. Down to Mandela Gateway for ferry ride across Table Bay to Robben Island. Great views back into Cape Town with the mountains as a backdrop.
Bus tour around the island with a very entertaining guide who pointed out Posted by grobarry in Robert and Garry at the World Cup | Jul 5, 2010
- Cape Town Day 2Much better start to the day after a cool night. Cool breeze but still some cloud on Table Mountain. Timothy decided it would be best to do the Cape Peninsula Tour and hope for an even better day on the Posted by grobarry in Robert and Garry at the World Cup | Jul 5, 2010
- Arequipa, with a side of Frog (Day 7)Wednesday June 16th
We ate breakfast in our cute hostel next to the garden before taking our tour of Arequipa. Our first visit on this tour was to the local market which was full of…. everything you could possibly imagine (including Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 4, 2010
- Arriving to Arequipa (Day 6)Tuesday June 15th
We woke early again on Tuesday morning (did I mention I am not a morning person?), before the sun at the ungodly hour of 4:45am to eat breakfast (a term I continue Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 4, 2010
- Huacachina to Nazca (Day 5)Monday June 14th, 2010
June 14th begins with a harsh morning, at 5am. We wake in the dark, throw on some clothes and head to the front of the hotel to meet out Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 4, 2010
- the last of the tall shipsSometimes you don't have to go all that far to go sight-seeing. Today, on a beautiful summer evening, my parents and I headed down to Toronto's Harbourfront area to have a bit of a wander.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/302848/Toronto_-_CN_tow Posted by kithica in A Nomad at Heart | Jul 4, 2010
- Pisco, Paracas, Ica- Oh My. (Day 4)Sunday June 13th, 2010
On Sunday we wake-up at 7am to get ready for the day and have breakfast. We are off for a short walk from our hotel down the dirt road between us and the ocean before reaching the Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 4, 2010
- Lima to Pisco (Day 3)Saturday June 12th
On Saturday morning, we ate breakfast at the hotel before wandering our way back to the coastline we explored the day before. We walked around the cliffside, and into a usual “Cliffside mall” where we ate lunch Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 4, 2010
- happiest place on earthI found it during a stop-over in Inverness to change buses. I had enough time to just take a quick walk through the town, and there it was. My favourite place on earth.
It's a book shop. Not a chain store, Posted by kithica in A Nomad at Heart | Jul 4, 2010
- Landing in Lima (Day 1-2)Thursday/Friday June 10th/11th, 2010
We left Rhode Island at 8am on Thursday, just in time to hit rush hour traffic into Providence and Boston. But luckily we still made it to the airport by 10:15. We flew from Boston to Atlanta, Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 4, 2010
- When It Rains, It PoursIt’s supposed to be monsoon season in SE Asia right now. Other than getting dumped on our first day in Saigon, it hasn’t rained since. Until now…
Our second day of the Angkor tours started out with a long tuk-tuk Posted by galaurasia in Asian Navigation | Jul 4, 2010
- Hot Stream WaterfallAs we departed our bus in Krabi we made friends with a Canadian couple. It turned out they had checked a place to stay so we asked if it was okay to tag along. They were a little hesitant, but Posted by howlett in Asia / Oceania / North America | Jul 3, 2010
- Scuba Diving on Koh TaoSituated halfway down Thailands east coast, adjacent to Koh Phang Nhang and Koh Samui, Koh Tao (otherwise known as Turtle Island) is known predominantly for it's fantastic scuba diving.
We stayed just off Sariee Beach, the largest beach on the island. Posted by howlett in Asia / Oceania / North America | Jul 3, 2010
- Chiang Mai – Flight of the Gibbon, Tiger Kingdom and more!After a day recovery and general chill-axing after the crazy journey the day before we decided it was time to go and see what Chiang Mai had to offer. We booked a trip to do 'Flight of the Gibbon' – Posted by howlett in Asia / Oceania / North America | Jul 3, 2010
- Heading North to Beautiful Luang PrabangI must start by apologising for the delay in keeping my travel blog updated. I'd like to say it's because we've been none stop crazy busy, but really it's just that I've kind of forgotten to dedicate some time to Posted by howlett in Asia / Oceania / North America | Jul 3, 2010