Blog Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
- Condor World (Day 10)Saturday June 19th, 2010
We wake in the cold, dark morning at the horrible hour of 5am to eat breakfast and climb onto our bus to drive a few hours back over those mountain passageways to the a higher point in Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 5, 2010
- Into the Colca Canyon (Day 9)Friday June 18th, 2010
We had breakfast at 7:30am with some of group (the rest of which was too hung-over for the birthday celebrations to make it to breakfast on time). We left Arequipa on our bus at 8:30am to head Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 5, 2010
- Juanita of Arequipa (Day 8)Thursday June 17th
There is a strike in Peru today affecting mainly Arequipa and Cusco. Tourists from both cities evacuated on Wednesday in order to avoid the barricaded roads and suspended PeruRail service; the strike mainly union workers (nurses, con Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 5, 2010
- Cape Town Day 3Beautiful clear day. Down to Mandela Gateway for ferry ride across Table Bay to Robben Island. Great views back into Cape Town with the mountains as a backdrop.
Bus tour around the island with a very entertaining guide who pointed out Posted by grobarry in Robert and Garry at the World Cup | Jul 5, 2010
- Cape Town Day 2Much better start to the day after a cool night. Cool breeze but still some cloud on Table Mountain. Timothy decided it would be best to do the Cape Peninsula Tour and hope for an even better day on the Posted by grobarry in Robert and Garry at the World Cup | Jul 5, 2010
- Arequipa, with a side of Frog (Day 7)Wednesday June 16th
We ate breakfast in our cute hostel next to the garden before taking our tour of Arequipa. Our first visit on this tour was to the local market which was full of…. everything you could possibly imagine (including Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 4, 2010
- Arriving to Arequipa (Day 6)Tuesday June 15th
We woke early again on Tuesday morning (did I mention I am not a morning person?), before the sun at the ungodly hour of 4:45am to eat breakfast (a term I continue Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 4, 2010
- Huacachina to Nazca (Day 5)Monday June 14th, 2010
June 14th begins with a harsh morning, at 5am. We wake in the dark, throw on some clothes and head to the front of the hotel to meet out Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 4, 2010
- the last of the tall shipsSometimes you don't have to go all that far to go sight-seeing. Today, on a beautiful summer evening, my parents and I headed down to Toronto's Harbourfront area to have a bit of a wander.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/302848/Toronto_-_CN_tow Posted by kithica in A Nomad at Heart | Jul 4, 2010
- Pisco, Paracas, Ica- Oh My. (Day 4)Sunday June 13th, 2010
On Sunday we wake-up at 7am to get ready for the day and have breakfast. We are off for a short walk from our hotel down the dirt road between us and the ocean before reaching the Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 4, 2010
- Lima to Pisco (Day 3)Saturday June 12th
On Saturday morning, we ate breakfast at the hotel before wandering our way back to the coastline we explored the day before. We walked around the cliffside, and into a usual “Cliffside mall” where we ate lunch Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 4, 2010
- happiest place on earthI found it during a stop-over in Inverness to change buses. I had enough time to just take a quick walk through the town, and there it was. My favourite place on earth.
It's a book shop. Not a chain store, Posted by kithica in A Nomad at Heart | Jul 4, 2010
- Landing in Lima (Day 1-2)Thursday/Friday June 10th/11th, 2010
We left Rhode Island at 8am on Thursday, just in time to hit rush hour traffic into Providence and Boston. But luckily we still made it to the airport by 10:15. We flew from Boston to Atlanta, Posted by LlamaMama in LlamaLand | Jul 4, 2010
- When It Rains, It PoursIt’s supposed to be monsoon season in SE Asia right now. Other than getting dumped on our first day in Saigon, it hasn’t rained since. Until now…
Our second day of the Angkor tours started out with a long tuk-tuk Posted by galaurasia in Asian Navigation | Jul 4, 2010
- Hot Stream WaterfallAs we departed our bus in Krabi we made friends with a Canadian couple. It turned out they had checked a place to stay so we asked if it was okay to tag along. They were a little hesitant, but Posted by howlett in Asia / Oceania / North America | Jul 3, 2010
- Scuba Diving on Koh TaoSituated halfway down Thailands east coast, adjacent to Koh Phang Nhang and Koh Samui, Koh Tao (otherwise known as Turtle Island) is known predominantly for it's fantastic scuba diving.
We stayed just off Sariee Beach, the largest beach on the island. Posted by howlett in Asia / Oceania / North America | Jul 3, 2010
- Chiang Mai – Flight of the Gibbon, Tiger Kingdom and more!After a day recovery and general chill-axing after the crazy journey the day before we decided it was time to go and see what Chiang Mai had to offer. We booked a trip to do 'Flight of the Gibbon' – Posted by howlett in Asia / Oceania / North America | Jul 3, 2010
- Heading North to Beautiful Luang PrabangI must start by apologising for the delay in keeping my travel blog updated. I'd like to say it's because we've been none stop crazy busy, but really it's just that I've kind of forgotten to dedicate some time to Posted by howlett in Asia / Oceania / North America | Jul 3, 2010
- Day ThreeHulllo!!!
So today was pretty tame, woke up after our little adventure last night not feeling in tip top shape, i had wanted to go on my bike ride, but was not really feeling up to it, so instead we Posted by valentinaa in To Amsterdam And Beyond! | Jul 3, 2010
- Villa Pantai BiruGood News for Travelers to Bali...Villa Pantai Biru, Beachfront villa in Bali's famous and desired Seminyak area now offers 20% Discount of it already low prices AND provides a FREE CAR and FREE BREAKFASTS for its guests...contact: [url=http://www.villapa Posted by seminyak in Villa Pantai Biru | Jul 2, 2010
- Videos!!!!! Posted by valentinaa in To Amsterdam And Beyond! | Jul 2, 2010
- Same Same, but DifferentWell, Cambodia started off horribly, but has since redeemed itself. Crossing the border was a little problematic. The bus guide took everyone’s passport to presumably streamline the crossing, but once we got there it was very unclear where we were Posted by galaurasia in Asian Navigation | Jul 1, 2010
- Coron Palawan, Pilipinas YEP! this is my first blog. Sayang kasi late ko na nadiscover to. traveller's blog right? so i'll try to upload some of the pictures of my past lamyerdas. kahit sobrang tagal na nung iba. Posted by c.pinas in travel-gala-lamyerda-tour | Jul 1, 2010
- Curtis and Sara's adventures throughout New Zealand Part 3Our first stop out of Rotorua was Lake Taupo. About an hour and a half drive. Now, I had been to Taupo before with my friend Aki as we were passing through for me to get to Wellington. Posted by Squarabara in New Zealand... | Jun 30, 2010
- La moderna ciudad de DubaiDurante el fin de semana disfrutamos de las modernidades y atracciones de Dubai. Un mundo totalmente diferente a la India – allí hay veredas enteras y limpias, trafico estructurado, medios de transportes públicos que funcionan eficientemente, centros come Posted by musse96 in One year in India | Jun 30, 2010