Blog Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
- A Little European MusicAbout 20 years ago we took our 3 pre-teen boys to Dorothy Chandler, The Music Center, to hear Vivaldi’s “The 4 Seasons”. We went to the lecture before the concert where the conductor played music which had actually been recorded Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Mar 7, 2011
- Boogie with a suitcase...Since my first visit to Paris in 2005, I have been waiting to do this...
For those who don't see the "radio, video," boogie with your suitcases over to Youtube and watch it [[http://www.youtube.com/watch? Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Feb 12, 2011
- Courtyard Dream House Adventure (July 10-12)Preparations
In 2008, we bought some land south of Bangkok in hopes of building a Chinese Courtyard House 四合院。 After much internet search and seeing a few examples in the area where we lived in Leshan District of Sichuan Province, we Posted by inchinahil in From Emei Mountain | Feb 12, 2011
- Courtyard Dream House Adventure (July 15)Shaolin Temple near Luoyang
Yesterday we walked down to the bus station area and made arrangements for a tour company to drop by our hotel to pick us up. We were to join a tour to visit Shao Lin Temple. Posted by inchinahil in From Emei Mountain | Feb 12, 2011
- Courtyard Dream House Adventure (July 18)==Kaifeng==
The trip through Zhengzhou was uneventful except we had to change buses in a weird residential area. The second bus then took us on to the bus station where we again had to change buses to get to the Kaifeng Posted by inchinahil in From Emei Mountain | Feb 12, 2011
- Courtyard Dream House Adventure (July 19)==Qingmingshanhetu Park==
We arrived to the park area at around 0800. We were not sure when it opened and had been told to get there early. We found the ticket booths opened at 0830 and the actual theme parked opened Posted by inchinahil in From Emei Mountain | Feb 12, 2011
- Courtyard Dream House Adventure (July 24)==Pingyao==
Caught the train right on schedule as Sophia bits us goodbye. Linfen was a great adventure with really good examples of Chinese courtyard houses we were seeking. Told Sophia I would see her at Southwest Jiaotong University in a Posted by inchinahil in From Emei Mountain | Feb 12, 2011
- Courtyard Dream House Adventure (July 25)Pingyao is as good as advertised. The houses are beautiful, the people friendly and the shopping great.
Our second day started with a quick breakfast and then more exploration of courtyard houses. So many, it is easy to get confused Posted by inchinahil in From Emei Mountain | Feb 12, 2011
- Courtyard Dream House Adventure (July 26)==Taiyuan ==
During our exploration of Pingyao, we walked outside the walled city and had a decent dinner at a small restaurant. Found out there were buses going to Taiyuan just about every hour on the hour. We walked Posted by inchinahil in From Emei Mountain | Feb 12, 2011
- Courtyard Dream House Adventure (July 27)==Yuci Ancient Town==
Prior to making this trip, I had compiled a list of possible sites to visit along the way. One of these places was the ancient town of Yuci located about an hour from Taiyuan. I could Posted by inchinahil in From Emei Mountain | Feb 12, 2011
- Courtyard Dream House Adventure (July 28 - 29)==YingXian County==
Welcome to the YingXian Muta or Wooden Pagoda. The pagoda is in the Fogong or Buddha Palace Temple. It was build in 1056 and is considered to be one of the oldest (if not the oldest) standing wooden Posted by inchinahil in From Emei Mountain | Feb 12, 2011
- One man (a host of Angels) and his chiselToday a bus driver probably saved us from a lynching. On the early bus between Gondar and Lalibela we were woken by the bus going up slightly on two wheels and veering off toward the edge of the road Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Feb 10, 2011
- Baton Rouge to New Orleans the Long WayOn Thursday morning we woke up to a frosty surprise coating our car. It was a chilly 29F when we left our room and set out on the Great River Road. Even the locals seem surprised by the Posted by slugtrek in Road Trip 2010 | Dec 10, 2010
- Goodbye Party Central. Hello Amish Country.We never actually went clubbing in Miami. After wandering around the Art Deco District at night we quickly realized it really wasn't for us. Instead we went to a giant art installation that had a DJ, a couple Posted by slugtrek in Road Trip 2010 | Dec 4, 2010
- SOUTH AFRICAN'S DIY visas for the the Middle EastIn-contrast to popular belief that owning the ‘Afrique Du Suid’ (South African) ordinary travel document has limitations, I have discovered that the benefits outweights the limitations. It opens to the world of gratis visas, exemption from visas etc. Due Posted by Thuligal in Thuli Khoza's adventures | Nov 28, 2010
- Come into the Life of Guan Zhong People"Central Shaanxi Plain", in Chinese "Guan Zhong", refers to the plain area at the north of Qinling Mountain in Shaanxi Province. Since ancient times, "Guan Zhong" had been the most ideal military defense, because of the gigantic natural protection Posted by WowChina in Wow!China | Nov 26, 2010
- The Mayan Calendar ConundrumI stand, legs wide in a sturdy stance, watching the far bank approach. The creak of the hand-cranked wheel and the intermittent buzz of insects in the air are the only sounds I can hear until finally the ferry Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Nov 16, 2010
- Donde las tortugas nacenNuestro último paseo desde Chennai fue hacia Sri Lanka, llamada Ceilán hasta 1972. Sri Lanka es una isla tropical parecida a la India pero mucho mas limpia, ordenada y con menos habitantes – eso crea una buena sensación
Visitamos tres Posted by musse96 in One year in India | Oct 24, 2010
- Pressure cookerThe last few days have seen me watch more online videos than ever, mainly because I dont sleep much and i have to watch something in between books to avoid falling asleep. I know, lame excuse but it works for Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Oct 11, 2010
- Donde India duermeLa India de Vasco de Gama duerme antes que empiece la temporada alta del turismo. Goa es el estado de la India más pequeño, en área. Anjuna - la capital de los hippie durante los sesentas y setentas, Old Goa Posted by musse96 in One year in India | Sep 25, 2010
- A White Spider Writing On The SkyWorking is hard. You get up every morning, do your shift, endlessly repeating the same task over and over.
"Geez," you think, "I need a vacation."
"You can't take a vacation," your boss says. "You're a robot."
Why let that stop Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Sep 24, 2010
- Feast of San Gennaro NYC 2010For photos see my entry of 20.09.2009
This is the 84nd year the Feast of San Gennaro has filled the streets of Little Italy in NYC with music, food, smells to die for, and a smile on Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Sep 20, 2010
- Kuopio Boat cruiseWell, I have been either too busy or lazy to update the blog in real-time, you take your pick!
Aaaanyways, on Friday 10th September the Student Union decided to spoil us a little and took us out on a Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Sep 16, 2010
- On top of the world!The other day my supervisor invited us to go and see Kuopio from the skies. I was excited and did not even hesitate to accept the invitation! The worry was how we gon get there, but he came and picked Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Sep 14, 2010
- CambridgeI went to Cambridge. Cambridge is the site of the famous and old University of Cambridge. Spent a day and a half there, and frankly feel no smarter for it. Perhaps you actually have to attend the Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Sep 8, 2010