Blog Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
- Baton Rouge to New Orleans the Long WayOn Thursday morning we woke up to a frosty surprise coating our car. It was a chilly 29F when we left our room and set out on the Great River Road. Even the locals seem surprised by the Posted by slugtrek in Road Trip 2010 | Dec 10, 2010
- Goodbye Party Central. Hello Amish Country.We never actually went clubbing in Miami. After wandering around the Art Deco District at night we quickly realized it really wasn't for us. Instead we went to a giant art installation that had a DJ, a couple Posted by slugtrek in Road Trip 2010 | Dec 4, 2010
- SOUTH AFRICAN'S DIY visas for the the Middle EastIn-contrast to popular belief that owning the ‘Afrique Du Suid’ (South African) ordinary travel document has limitations, I have discovered that the benefits outweights the limitations. It opens to the world of gratis visas, exemption from visas etc. Due Posted by Thuligal in Thuli Khoza's adventures | Nov 28, 2010
- Come into the Life of Guan Zhong People"Central Shaanxi Plain", in Chinese "Guan Zhong", refers to the plain area at the north of Qinling Mountain in Shaanxi Province. Since ancient times, "Guan Zhong" had been the most ideal military defense, because of the gigantic natural protection Posted by WowChina in Wow!China | Nov 26, 2010
- The Mayan Calendar ConundrumI stand, legs wide in a sturdy stance, watching the far bank approach. The creak of the hand-cranked wheel and the intermittent buzz of insects in the air are the only sounds I can hear until finally the ferry Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Nov 16, 2010
- Donde las tortugas nacenNuestro último paseo desde Chennai fue hacia Sri Lanka, llamada Ceilán hasta 1972. Sri Lanka es una isla tropical parecida a la India pero mucho mas limpia, ordenada y con menos habitantes – eso crea una buena sensación
Visitamos tres Posted by musse96 in One year in India | Oct 24, 2010
- Pressure cookerThe last few days have seen me watch more online videos than ever, mainly because I dont sleep much and i have to watch something in between books to avoid falling asleep. I know, lame excuse but it works for Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Oct 11, 2010
- Donde India duermeLa India de Vasco de Gama duerme antes que empiece la temporada alta del turismo. Goa es el estado de la India más pequeño, en área. Anjuna - la capital de los hippie durante los sesentas y setentas, Old Goa Posted by musse96 in One year in India | Sep 25, 2010
- A White Spider Writing On The SkyWorking is hard. You get up every morning, do your shift, endlessly repeating the same task over and over.
"Geez," you think, "I need a vacation."
"You can't take a vacation," your boss says. "You're a robot."
Why let that stop Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Sep 24, 2010
- Feast of San Gennaro NYC 2010For photos see my entry of 20.09.2009
This is the 84nd year the Feast of San Gennaro has filled the streets of Little Italy in NYC with music, food, smells to die for, and a smile on Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Sep 20, 2010
- Kuopio Boat cruiseWell, I have been either too busy or lazy to update the blog in real-time, you take your pick!
Aaaanyways, on Friday 10th September the Student Union decided to spoil us a little and took us out on a Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Sep 16, 2010
- On top of the world!The other day my supervisor invited us to go and see Kuopio from the skies. I was excited and did not even hesitate to accept the invitation! The worry was how we gon get there, but he came and picked Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Sep 14, 2010
- CambridgeI went to Cambridge. Cambridge is the site of the famous and old University of Cambridge. Spent a day and a half there, and frankly feel no smarter for it. Perhaps you actually have to attend the Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Sep 8, 2010
- SydneyOnce we got off the plane and out of the airport we had to get a train to Sydney. Getting the train appeared to be relatively easy and it seemed that the stop we had to get off at Posted by jo.kris in 2010 Travels | Sep 3, 2010
- Melbourne a.ka. MelbenOur first evening in St. Kilda (the suburb we were staying in) was pretty chilled out, opting to find a local restuarant for dinner and finding a very nice chicken rissotto. The following day we took the tram into Melbourne Posted by semaber in NO NEED TO PANIC | Aug 29, 2010
- Day 11 - The home of the King of Rock and RollDay 11 – Graceland – The Home of the King and Sun Studios, Memphis
Graceland is located on Elvis Presley Blvd in Memphis. Although built a number of years before, Elvis bought it when he was 22 and ‘modernised’ Posted by Simon Lock in The Great LA 2 NY Road Trip | Aug 29, 2010
- House RulesPadova church, Italy.
...and things that I noticed, other than the rather beautiful architecture and space.
At the end of a sunny day, I made it to one of the popular destinations Posted by PennyJelly in The Jelly Journey | Aug 29, 2010
- The World's StageWilliam Shakespeare was born, lived, and died in Stratford-Upon-Avon, just south of Birmingham. His most famous plays were staged originally in London at the Globe Theatre, but William Shakespeare always kept his place in Stratford, and is now buried Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Aug 29, 2010
- Bridges, blankets and brave young bellesEsfahan is probably the main tourist town in Iran in the sense that it has grand squares and beautiful buildings and the river to meander along with it's many bridges that are lit up by night and crowded with people Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Aug 28, 2010
- Catch ya later Sydney!So we're already at the end of our short time in Sydney!!
We've done pretty much everything we could do in this city, we've been to the wildlife centre and the aquarium, spent lots of time (and money) at Darling Harbour, Posted by LaurenSho in Australia and Japan 2010 | Aug 28, 2010
- Days 9 and 10. Ladies and Gentlemen.... Mr Elvis Presley...OK, so as you know, the next leg of our journey after the Grand Canyon was to Memphis, Tennessee and Gracelands the home of the legend that was and is, Mr Elvis Presley. Only trouble is that its over Posted by Simon Lock in The Great LA 2 NY Road Trip | Aug 26, 2010
- Day 8 - Hello New Mexico....Day 8 is an on the road day, but a relatively short one. Only about 420 miles today to a place called Tucumcara in northern New Mexico. Day started off lovely with great sunshine and some wicked tunes Posted by Simon Lock in The Great LA 2 NY Road Trip | Aug 24, 2010
- Days 5, 6 & 7 - The GRAND CanyonLeaving California with a sea mist coming in off the Pacific again, we headed back down Highway 1 towards Los Angeles before heading across the top of LA towards Arizona and the Grand Canyon. Only thing is.... its over Posted by Simon Lock in The Great LA 2 NY Road Trip | Aug 23, 2010
- Catch up time, Norway through to OsloTuesday May 18
Late start to the day, but managed to get in some breakfast. wandered around the old town section of Odense, staying well clear of the Hans Christian Anderson House. Contemplated going to the Odense zoo via a canal Posted by noraht in How to use up Long Service Leave | Aug 23, 2010
- Sweat with JoyIn China, there is a proverb, saying "any one who fails to conquer the Great Wall is not a true man." I used to think it is just exaggeration or promotional words to attract more and more tourists to Posted by Cathy_joy in Sunny Joy | Aug 23, 2010