Blog Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'tourist_sites'
- SydneyOnce we got off the plane and out of the airport we had to get a train to Sydney. Getting the train appeared to be relatively easy and it seemed that the stop we had to get off at Posted by jo.kris in 2010 Travels | Sep 3, 2010
- Melbourne a.ka. MelbenOur first evening in St. Kilda (the suburb we were staying in) was pretty chilled out, opting to find a local restuarant for dinner and finding a very nice chicken rissotto. The following day we took the tram into Melbourne Posted by semaber in NO NEED TO PANIC | Aug 29, 2010
- Day 11 - The home of the King of Rock and RollDay 11 – Graceland – The Home of the King and Sun Studios, Memphis
Graceland is located on Elvis Presley Blvd in Memphis. Although built a number of years before, Elvis bought it when he was 22 and ‘modernised’ Posted by Simon Lock in The Great LA 2 NY Road Trip | Aug 29, 2010
- House RulesPadova church, Italy.
...and things that I noticed, other than the rather beautiful architecture and space.
At the end of a sunny day, I made it to one of the popular destinations Posted by PennyJelly in The Jelly Journey | Aug 29, 2010
- The World's StageWilliam Shakespeare was born, lived, and died in Stratford-Upon-Avon, just south of Birmingham. His most famous plays were staged originally in London at the Globe Theatre, but William Shakespeare always kept his place in Stratford, and is now buried Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Aug 29, 2010
- Bridges, blankets and brave young bellesEsfahan is probably the main tourist town in Iran in the sense that it has grand squares and beautiful buildings and the river to meander along with it's many bridges that are lit up by night and crowded with people Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Aug 28, 2010
- Catch ya later Sydney!So we're already at the end of our short time in Sydney!!
We've done pretty much everything we could do in this city, we've been to the wildlife centre and the aquarium, spent lots of time (and money) at Darling Harbour, Posted by LaurenSho in Australia and Japan 2010 | Aug 28, 2010
- Days 9 and 10. Ladies and Gentlemen.... Mr Elvis Presley...OK, so as you know, the next leg of our journey after the Grand Canyon was to Memphis, Tennessee and Gracelands the home of the legend that was and is, Mr Elvis Presley. Only trouble is that its over Posted by Simon Lock in The Great LA 2 NY Road Trip | Aug 26, 2010
- Day 8 - Hello New Mexico....Day 8 is an on the road day, but a relatively short one. Only about 420 miles today to a place called Tucumcara in northern New Mexico. Day started off lovely with great sunshine and some wicked tunes Posted by Simon Lock in The Great LA 2 NY Road Trip | Aug 24, 2010
- Days 5, 6 & 7 - The GRAND CanyonLeaving California with a sea mist coming in off the Pacific again, we headed back down Highway 1 towards Los Angeles before heading across the top of LA towards Arizona and the Grand Canyon. Only thing is.... its over Posted by Simon Lock in The Great LA 2 NY Road Trip | Aug 23, 2010
- Catch up time, Norway through to OsloTuesday May 18
Late start to the day, but managed to get in some breakfast. wandered around the old town section of Odense, staying well clear of the Hans Christian Anderson House. Contemplated going to the Odense zoo via a canal Posted by noraht in How to use up Long Service Leave | Aug 23, 2010
- Sweat with JoyIn China, there is a proverb, saying "any one who fails to conquer the Great Wall is not a true man." I used to think it is just exaggeration or promotional words to attract more and more tourists to Posted by Cathy_joy in Sunny Joy | Aug 23, 2010
- Edinburgh MuseumsI got another day off yesterday – which brings me up to two since the middle of July. I had the ultimate luxury of not setting my alarm at all, and ended up rolling out of bed around noon.
It Posted by kithica in A Nomad at Heart | Aug 21, 2010
- Days 3 & 4 - Are you going to San Francisco....OK, so Day 3 and 4 were all about getting up to San Francisco on Day 3, finding the campsite and then spending the next day touring San Francisco. The route was supposed to be the famous Highway 1 Posted by Simon Lock in The Great LA 2 NY Road Trip | Aug 21, 2010
- What is it you kunst face?Hi all, just visited the Kunst museum in Vienna.
Whoa, trippy, beware of the coffee they have here...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/286163/2_1282418718453_IMG_ Posted by PennyJelly in The Jelly Journey | Aug 21, 2010
- Hong KongHi everyone!
This is a very short entry - We've just arrived back home after spending 3 nights in HK and are only getting an opportunity to update the blog with a few new photos now.
Over the last 10 years, we've Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Australia Trip | Aug 21, 2010
- Abandoned Radar Station-ation-ation-ationJust a quickie, I didnt blog about this at the time but if you go to berlin, PLEASE please please go here
Its absolutely stunning, and eerie, and the echo Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Aug 21, 2010
- Poetry emotion - ShirazAfter a bus journey to Shiraz ending at 3am we treated ourselves to a day of serious lie-in, rest, washing, journal writing and iPod listening. In the early evening we emerged to wander round the peaceful and laid back Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Aug 21, 2010
- Last of the Summer - Oh hang on, thats not wine...OK I've been dragged in to an internet cafe and I'm not allowed to leave until I write something.
Under the care of Javad, who is a lovely, quiet, tender guy - we arrived in Yazd in the middle of the Posted by rachndave in Adventure Points | Aug 21, 2010
- What Happened...?Here are some photos I took last year when I got to the site of a snow mountain, named "Yu Long" in Chinese. Can you figure out the tiny difference among them? What happened to the snow mountain?
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/281754/yulong_1.j Posted by Cathy_joy in Wow!China | Aug 20, 2010
- Day 14 Marseille, Vendredi 20 Août 2010 - Chateau d'If andWe arrived on the island of Chateau d'If at about 2:30 pm.
It cost 5€ to go into Chateau d'If prison.
There is a verbal information session available in French only. Margy listened while I sat there, smiled and Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 20, 2010
- Day 14 Marseille, Vendredi 20 Août 2010 - Notre Dame We woke up without an alarm at shortly before 9 am. Got dressed and went to have breakfast with the other guests. And what a breakfast it was. There was coffee, tea or juice to drink, a Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 20, 2010
- A glimpse of JoensuuToday Prof (Bennett Alexander) and Tuija were to present their Doctoral studies at the school of computing in Joensuu so yesterday Mikko asked if we want to just tag along an atleast catch a glimpse of the place-HELL YEAH! hehehe.
We Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Aug 19, 2010
- The Savonia Design AcademyYesterday Sipho and I met Tuija from the Health Information Systems (HIS) department, she works with Prof Korpela. She had agreed to take us to the Savonia Design Academy of Kuopio so that we meet the coordinators there. Tuija is Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Aug 18, 2010
- Day 11 Nice, Mardi 17 Août 2010 - Monaco and Monte CarloBright lights, slots and lives of the rich and famous here we come.
Got up just a bit later this morning. Woke up naturally and shortly before the alarm was due to go off at 8:30 am. Posted by Sydney324 in Vive La France | Aug 17, 2010