Blog Entries tagged 'train'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'train'
- Mary, TurkmenistanHotel: Stay at the Yrsgal Hotel - really friendly family run place and the your woman at reception speaks excellent English and is very helpful.
Food: Recommend the Yrsgal cafe (not the restaurant which is actually a private night club), where Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Oct 21, 2014
- Day 2 - New DelhiSome sightseeing in Delhi then the start of our train journey.
Started off with breakfast before checking out of the hotel. We had a driver to take us around before we head to the train station.
Our first stops of the Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 14, 2014
- DerbentWe were so tired by the time we got to Derbent train station and saw that a night train to Baku was leaving in 3 hours time that we made a quick change of plan and abandoned our idea of Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Oct 13, 2014
- Pictures on the Window -- Part 2From Irkutsk to Ulaanbaatar,
August 2 - 3, 2014
This was when passengers of Trans Mongolia hadn't turned wild stepping on the heater below, sticking out their head, absorbing all the Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 25, 2014
- Life off the RailFrom Irkutsk to Ulaanbaatar,
August 2 - 3, 2014
In [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/121/|Rolling to Ulaanbaatar]] I gave you a picture of how life was on the Trans Mongolian Train. Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 25, 2014
- Pictures on the Window -- Part 1From Irkutsk to Ulaanbaatar,
August 2 - 3, 2014
The weather wasn't clear, and neither was the window glass. But for a train that runs all the way from Moscow to Beijing, the spotty wi Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 24, 2014
- Rolling to UlaanbaatarFrom Irkutsk to Ulaanbaatar,
August 2 - 3, 2014
Phew!! I'm still experiencing goosebumps imagining what would have been of me. On my itinerary I had written 10:15 for the train departure time. But when I was packing, a Voice inside Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 22, 2014
- Slyudyanka and Back to IrkutskSlyudyanka, July 31st 2014
Slyudyanka Train Station is said to be the only train station in the world built of white marble. Whether true or not, you tell me. I haven't gone to all tra Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 12, 2014
- BrasovTrain station: It's a couple of miles from the train station to the old town. Beware if you get a taxi. The first guy we asked wanted 16Euros or 60Lei so we walked away. A second guy ran up and Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 11, 2014
- Circum Baikal Back on the MoveCircum Baikal, July 31st 2014
For one final look, for one final shot, towards Polovinnaya. Click. I stared at the result on my preview screen. Where's the horizon? The sky and the lake have Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 11, 2014
- Cluj-NapocaRomania's 2nd city is dominated by its universities, and the number of students gives it a youthful, bohemian feel. The old town covers a very small area, though, which makes walking around the centre a very relaxing experience.
Train station: Is Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 8, 2014
- Let's Take A BreakCircum Baikal, July 31st 2014
Someone said that in his daughter's school, it's prohibited to quote from Wikipedia. Well, so far I still trust Wikipedia and as you might have noticed very wel Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 8, 2014
- Circum Baikal Railroad TourCircum Baikal, July 31st 2014
So, my [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circum-Baikal_Railway|Circum Baikal]] Railroad journey wasn't merely a transfer from Listvyanka to Irkutsk by train. It wa Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 7, 2014
- Good Morning, Baikal!Listvyanka, July 31st 21014
The not so good thing of this hotel was I woke up feeling confused whether it was actually summer or winter. You know what I mean. So I made sure to supply my body with enough calories Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 6, 2014
- BratislavaDon't be caught out like we were on arriving by train in Bratislava and suddenly realising: -
- we didn't speak the language anymore
- we didn't know where the centre of town was from the train station
- we didn't even know Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 5, 2014
- Equi TermeHad a trip out via train today, I remember as a lad these big trains with steps up to the carriage from the platform which is at floor level. Glad to say they are still like it albeit more modern.
They Posted by Ni-Kath-travels in On the road | Sep 3, 2014
- Episodes on the RailFrom Krasnoyarsk to Irkutsk,
July 29 - 30th 2014
A long railroad journey -- like 10 hours above -- never make me bored, as long as, I have something to do, or there are episodes, such as:
After a long nap on Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 1, 2014
- Rolling to IrkutskFrom Krasnoyarsk to Irkutsk,
July 29-30th 2014
Olga, a staff of [[http://sibtourguide.com/|SibTourGuide Hostel]] ordered a taxi for me and the taxi fare cost only 100 RUB because Krasnoyarsk Railway Station was just 5-minutes drive away.
[img=http: Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 29, 2014
- Rolling to KrasnoyarskFrom Novosibirsk to Krasnoyarsk,
July 26th - 27th 2014
Apparently, when I was taking a shower, so had the city. The streets were wet with puddles here and there. Luckily the rain had stopped, because I had planned to walk to Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 18, 2014
- Novosibirsk, the City at a GlanceNovosibirsk, July 26th 2014
Good morning, Russia! This is the street near my hostel, from where I started my [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/75/|money-changer-quest]]. Along Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 18, 2014
- Lessons in NovosibirskNovosibirsk, July 26th 2014
Last night my host showed me the kitchen and where I could get cornflakes, milk, and... coffee. Yes, for free. That was music to my ears, especially that third one. So I woke up excited. Hmmm.... I Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 17, 2014
- To the Fatherland
Switzerland (or at least Interlaken) was a great place to visit, especially after the excessive heat and crowds of Italy. The first things one notices while on the train are the huge mountains and the intensely blue lake. Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Jul 28, 2014
- First Stop: MilanI'm currently sitting on the train from Milan to Rome - a 360 mile trip in just under 3 hours. Even better, it was only 10 euros (with my pass) for a comfortable seat and a small table in Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Jul 18, 2014
- Searching for the elusive St. Charles' ChurchWhen you book hostels, most dorms are “mixed” meaning for guys and girls. But many hostels have female-only dorms as well (of course for extra money), so the mixed dorms usually end up being all guys. My roommates Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jul 6, 2014
- DAY 1: Uncomfortable Flight (July 6, 2014)Greetings from Shanghai!
We spent 14 hours on the direct flight from Toronto to Shanghai on Air Canada.
My flight could be summarized in three simple key words: sleep, malnourishment, and noisy.
I slept for 13 out of the 14 hours—I have Posted by gillsofafish in Returning to the Birthplace | Jul 6, 2014