Blog Entries tagged 'train'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'train'
- NZ 2016 – Day 3 - Christchurch to Franz Josef – OverviewThis was my first full day of the tour. We ha a great day and saw some fantastic scenery. We went to:
• Tranz-Alpine Railway
• West Coast
• Franz Josef Glacier
[center][img= Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 22, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 3 - Christchurch to Franz Josef – Tranz-Alpine==Tranz-Alpine Railway from Christchurch to Arthur's Pass==
We all piled into the bus at the hotel and made our way to the station.
When we got Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 22, 2016
- Japan Day 15 – Travel homeTime to go home!
We spent the morning packing and uploading pictures and got to the train station early.
The [[http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/nex/|Narita Express]] is a special set of trains that provide direct access to the airport and some major statio Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Oct 21, 2016
- Japan Day 14 – Travel to TokyoThis was our last full day we had and we spent a few hours of it on the Shikansen to Tokyo (2.5 hours).
Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Oct 21, 2016
- Japan Day 11 – Travel to KyotoWe spent most of this day travelling. First we took the bus (the local kids had fun making faces at us at the stop) to Nagiso station.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by alopiparo in Ann and Tore's Japan Trip | Oct 21, 2016
- Sucevita - Moldovita - Marginea - SucevitaDespite all the snoozing I did in the car yesterday, I slept really well last night. The room was nice and cool, the bed comfortable, and we had two single quilts rather than one double. Luxury! I have never understood Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 6, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 1 - Christchurch – Part 3 – August 2016==Cathedral Square==
[quote]Cathedral Square, locally known simply as the Square, is the geographical centre and heart of Christchurch, New Zealand, where the city's Anglican cathedral, Christchurch Cathedral is located. The square stands at the theoreti Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Sep 25, 2016
- Heading to New Zealand - August 2016==Leaving Sydney==
===Getting to the airport===
The first part of my journey was to get to the airport. As I live in Western Sydney, and the trip to the airport can take at least an hour (depending on the time of Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Sep 24, 2016
- Gokteik ViaductWe arrived at the train station just before eight to stand in a long line of foreigners buying tickets. If there was one train journey that guidebooks recommended in Myanmar, it was the Gokteik Viaduct over a deep river gorge, Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Aug 27, 2016
- Marrakesh ExpressIn the famous lyrics of Crosby, Stills and Nash, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiOtSTFh_9M|"Would you know we're riding on the Marrakesh Express ... all on board that train!"]]
In a dramatic change of scenery and culture, we head to Morocco.
Al Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Aug 24, 2016
- Bienvenidos a Barcelona: Gaudi, Picasso and Ramblin' OnJen and I have always wanted to visit España, especially to have a chance to hablar Espanol, even though its been a while since our lessons.
Renowned for its architecture, unique Cata Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Aug 5, 2016
- Australia: Great Ocean Road and AdelaideOn the morning of Wednesday 15th June, Claire dropped us off at Melbourne's Tullamarine airport and there we met Julika - our own personal driver for the next 2 days.
We found an advert Julika had put on gumtree looking Posted by advensha in Advensha | Jul 7, 2016
- My Beautiful SoulLooking back it’s hard to say how exactly both my energy and I fit on to the train carriage. I boarded my train bound for Sondrio, a journey of about 2 hours in which I was looking forward to looking Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Jun 28, 2016
- La dernière JourMorning of our last full day in Paris - sigh.
Mary Ann takes the short walk again to the piscine for a swim. Piscine Pontoise is a beautiful art deco pool with two mezzanine levels. Constructed in the early 1930's, Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 27, 2016
- Travel Day #2After experiencing the insane traffic of Bordeaux yesterday, we figured we should leave the hotel with lots of time to spare. We had to gas up the rental and return it to ‘Ah-vee’ - Avis. Thankfully, traffic was very light Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 19, 2016
- Day 3 of our Siberian Incarceration... Morning town = Perm 2 , travelled 3600 km, 1500 km to go
Day 3 activities ....... See previous day activities. Still nothing changes.
We had a 30 minute stop late this morning and so I did the " Mission Impossible" Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 11, 2016
- Forests, Farming and Crumbling FactoriesHaving departed Irkutsk yesterday afternoon, we travelled through the night.
In the morning we arrived in Ilyanska. 800 km's down, 4300 to go!
We had the cabin to ourselves as our tour p Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 10, 2016
- Somewhere South of the Russian Border Our cabin proves remarkably cosy, the rhythmic motions and gentle clunking of the train means we sleep soundly, occasionally stirring as we passed through towns. I woke up during the night to some shunting and banging of carriages but Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 8, 2016
- Goodbye UB, Hello Two Nights of Train TravelJen started the day with a run in with the “Toast Nazi” at breakfast. Not wanting to be the cause of her electrocution, while the "Toast Nazi" was out of the room, Jen decided to cook her own toast. Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 7, 2016
- Chinese Border to Ulaanbaatar, MongoliaWe trundled in to the Chinese border town at 9.45 pm. What proceeded was a series of knocks at the door to hand over our passports, be given a series of forms to fill in (some which inconveniently required Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 29, 2016
- Our Trans-Mongolian Train Adventure Begins!Our 12 day Trans-Mongolia train trip from Beijing to Moscow stopping in Ulaanbaatar and Irkutsk starts today.
Easy morning as the train does not depart until 11.22 am but conscious of how crowded Beijing Trains Station could be we Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 29, 2016
- Starting Planning in Sweden and FinlandHere is a look at the Baltic Capitals itinerary.
Date Port/City Activity
Day 1 Stockholm, Sweden => Docked All Day
Day 2 Stockholm, Sweden => Docked - Depart at 3:00PM
Day 3 Helsinki, Finland => Dock at 10:00AM - Depart at 5:00PM
Day 4 St. Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | May 27, 2016
- Tall Buildings and the Venice of ChinaEarly start with a Chinese breakfast of wonton soup and dumplings and then off to the Shanghai World Financial (or as we know it "the bottle opener") look out at the 100 floor level. It rises up 474 m and Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 19, 2016
- Chicago and Milwaukee Hey there!
Our first 2 days have been so action-packed! The ride from Buffalo to Chicago took around 9 hours. We left at 1 am, so it was easy to sleep most of the way.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/826073/90_image10.jpg thumb=http://photos.tr Posted by baecation2016 in Lovebug Train Trip 2016 | May 16, 2016
- Africa’s Wildest Train Ride[float=right][/float]I happily endured a few extra hours of scorching Saharan sun to get the worst seat Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | May 15, 2016