Blog Entries tagged 'train'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'train'
- When I Came to VladimirVladimir, Dec 23 - 24th 2014
I should have shown this map earlier. This is the route I'm taking for now. In my previous posts, you know I have completed the Tran Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Feb 19, 2015
- Iran - a country full of wondersI took the train from Ankara towards Tehran (price around 42€). The train sounded like a nice way to get into Iran and also cheap. The train left on wednesday from Ankara train station (a small yet nice station). The Posted by danics in World Away | Dec 7, 2014
- On the train to GuilinDespite almost missing our train, the whole ride was a great experience. We slept soundly on our bottom and middle bunks. Trains in the hard sleeper class (still not as hard as my mattress in Thailand) had three bunks, the Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Dec 4, 2014
- International Thanksgiving and more!Obviously, last week was Thanksgiving in the US (I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and was able to spend some time with family!). I have always loved Thanksgiving for precisely that reason – it’s a day where Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Dec 2, 2014
- Lost, late and just plain luckyOur first mission of the day was to go get hard sleeper train tickets to Guilin from the Train Ticketing Office. It was a nice 20 minute walk from the place we were staying. We passed a university with a Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Nov 29, 2014
- Mary, TurkmenistanHotel: Stay at the Yrsgal Hotel - really friendly family run place and the your woman at reception speaks excellent English and is very helpful.
Food: Recommend the Yrsgal cafe (not the restaurant which is actually a private night club), where Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Oct 21, 2014
- Day 2 - New DelhiSome sightseeing in Delhi then the start of our train journey.
Started off with breakfast before checking out of the hotel. We had a driver to take us around before we head to the train station.
Our first stops of the Posted by Herk58 in 2014 - Our Journey to India | Oct 14, 2014
- DerbentWe were so tired by the time we got to Derbent train station and saw that a night train to Baku was leaving in 3 hours time that we made a quick change of plan and abandoned our idea of Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Oct 13, 2014
- Pictures on the Window -- Part 2From Irkutsk to Ulaanbaatar,
August 2 - 3, 2014
This was when passengers of Trans Mongolia hadn't turned wild stepping on the heater below, sticking out their head, absorbing all the Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 25, 2014
- Life off the RailFrom Irkutsk to Ulaanbaatar,
August 2 - 3, 2014
In [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/121/|Rolling to Ulaanbaatar]] I gave you a picture of how life was on the Trans Mongolian Train. Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 25, 2014
- Pictures on the Window -- Part 1From Irkutsk to Ulaanbaatar,
August 2 - 3, 2014
The weather wasn't clear, and neither was the window glass. But for a train that runs all the way from Moscow to Beijing, the spotty wi Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 24, 2014
- Rolling to UlaanbaatarFrom Irkutsk to Ulaanbaatar,
August 2 - 3, 2014
Phew!! I'm still experiencing goosebumps imagining what would have been of me. On my itinerary I had written 10:15 for the train departure time. But when I was packing, a Voice inside Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 22, 2014
- Slyudyanka and Back to IrkutskSlyudyanka, July 31st 2014
Slyudyanka Train Station is said to be the only train station in the world built of white marble. Whether true or not, you tell me. I haven't gone to all tra Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 12, 2014
- BrasovTrain station: It's a couple of miles from the train station to the old town. Beware if you get a taxi. The first guy we asked wanted 16Euros or 60Lei so we walked away. A second guy ran up and Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 11, 2014
- Circum Baikal Back on the MoveCircum Baikal, July 31st 2014
For one final look, for one final shot, towards Polovinnaya. Click. I stared at the result on my preview screen. Where's the horizon? The sky and the lake have Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 11, 2014
- Cluj-NapocaRomania's 2nd city is dominated by its universities, and the number of students gives it a youthful, bohemian feel. The old town covers a very small area, though, which makes walking around the centre a very relaxing experience.
Train station: Is Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 8, 2014
- Let's Take A BreakCircum Baikal, July 31st 2014
Someone said that in his daughter's school, it's prohibited to quote from Wikipedia. Well, so far I still trust Wikipedia and as you might have noticed very wel Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 8, 2014
- Circum Baikal Railroad TourCircum Baikal, July 31st 2014
So, my [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circum-Baikal_Railway|Circum Baikal]] Railroad journey wasn't merely a transfer from Listvyanka to Irkutsk by train. It wa Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 7, 2014
- Good Morning, Baikal!Listvyanka, July 31st 21014
The not so good thing of this hotel was I woke up feeling confused whether it was actually summer or winter. You know what I mean. So I made sure to supply my body with enough calories Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 6, 2014
- BratislavaDon't be caught out like we were on arriving by train in Bratislava and suddenly realising: -
- we didn't speak the language anymore
- we didn't know where the centre of town was from the train station
- we didn't even know Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 5, 2014
- Equi TermeHad a trip out via train today, I remember as a lad these big trains with steps up to the carriage from the platform which is at floor level. Glad to say they are still like it albeit more modern.
They Posted by Ni-Kath-travels in On the road | Sep 3, 2014
- Episodes on the RailFrom Krasnoyarsk to Irkutsk,
July 29 - 30th 2014
A long railroad journey -- like 10 hours above -- never make me bored, as long as, I have something to do, or there are episodes, such as:
After a long nap on Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 1, 2014
- Rolling to IrkutskFrom Krasnoyarsk to Irkutsk,
July 29-30th 2014
Olga, a staff of [[http://sibtourguide.com/|SibTourGuide Hostel]] ordered a taxi for me and the taxi fare cost only 100 RUB because Krasnoyarsk Railway Station was just 5-minutes drive away.
[img=http: Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 29, 2014
- Rolling to KrasnoyarskFrom Novosibirsk to Krasnoyarsk,
July 26th - 27th 2014
Apparently, when I was taking a shower, so had the city. The streets were wet with puddles here and there. Luckily the rain had stopped, because I had planned to walk to Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 18, 2014
- Novosibirsk, the City at a GlanceNovosibirsk, July 26th 2014
Good morning, Russia! This is the street near my hostel, from where I started my [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/75/|money-changer-quest]]. Along Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 18, 2014