Blog Entries tagged 'train'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'train'
- The Traveller's CurseOnce, while traveling, I met a philosopher. He’d been on the road for three years, at a time when I had only been out there for a mere three months. This number interested him for, according to his experience and Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Mar 1, 2014
- What Better Time Than NowWhat's a better time to start a oriental journey blog than while sitting in the train to... Warsaw. It's still one month till the first whistle of the biggest oriental adventure in the history of my life, but hey, before Posted by shvagier in Big In Japan 14 | Feb 22, 2014
- Kunyah! Kunyah!From Birobidzhan to Khabarovsk, January 2nd 2014
Once again I queued on the very wrong side of the train. "Houskvousk rousk vousk." The train attendant pointed to the Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Feb 18, 2014
- Day 79 Andean Explorer(s)
We envisioned the train system in South America to be far more efficient than what we have seen so far, thus we were fairly disappointed thru out the trip not to be able to ride on a single Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 17, 2014
- Day 69 Poor Man's Dakar - Special Stage #3
Slightly hungover, we hit the breakfast and then the road.
It had rained heavily all night, so the "roads" are muddy and slippery, it shows, as we see a bunch of trucks and cars flipped over, on the side of the Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 9, 2014
- Onwards!For months I had been feeding the fantasy of a great sailing adventure spanning thousands of miles and innumerable seas and islands. When that thought came to its abrupt end, I was left in the labyrinth of decision. A thousand Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Feb 7, 2014
- Unless for An ExperienceOn the way to Birobidzhan, January 2nd 2014
Refreshed by a good night's sleep, I rolled to the side to get my toiletry bag, and then slipped down from my upper bunk. Before stepping down the little foot step, I pulled Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Feb 5, 2014
- First Experience on Russian TrainFrom Vladivostok to Birobidzhan,
January 1-2nd 2014
In my open compartment were an elderly couple. They seemed to be in tough conversation.
"Houskvousk rousk vousk!!"
"Houskvousk rousk vouskkkk!!!"
On my bunk there was no bedding. But on t Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Feb 2, 2014
- By Leisure at Vladivostok Railway StationVladivostok, January 1st 2014
Leisurely I walked from Zemchuzhina Hotel to the railway station. I still had more than an hour before the train departure. For train addicts like me, Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Jan 31, 2014
- UnfinishedSo I have been a little bit slack in uploading anything recently, however I have actually been writing but just not enough or much. I have managed to write two unfinished semi decent pieces which I never got around to Posted by jtontheroad in The somewhat memorable adventures of jt | Jan 10, 2014
- Day 5 - The longest dayWe were up early (yet again) and made our way to Huamphalong rail station in central Bangkok.
We arrived at about 7.10am and rushed to the ticket counter to buy two train tickets to Surat Thani (a town in Southern Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 22, 2013
- CairnsWe are in economy on the Queensland Rail and we think the seats recline more than NSW rail. So good because this is a longish leg. There is lots of green and sugar cane. They burn the cane fields Posted by Mari Anne in The Great Adventure 2013 | Dec 19, 2013
- Sydney AustraliaWe are in Sydney. We arrived at 6 am to partly cloudy skies and warm winds. The Aussies are happy, they have been cold since we sailed into New Zealand. I am sitting on our balcony enjoying the view of Posted by Mari Anne in The Great Adventure 2013 | Dec 18, 2013
- Blue MountainsWe are on our train to Katoomba. The outskirts of Sydney sprawl forever. A lot of single and two story units. It looks very dry although this is their spring. One hour later we are into hills, young and rugged Posted by Mari Anne in The Great Adventure 2013 | Dec 18, 2013
- Newcastle, NSWWe board our train and settle in for the night watching another Aussie film, the Castle. Silly and funny. This car is very noisy and Roger had a hard time falling asleep. Arriving in Sydney we are able to Posted by Mari Anne in The Great Adventure 2013 | Dec 18, 2013
- Trans Iberian TrainAfter returning from Madeira, the travel bug couldn't be kept away for too long, so me and a couple of friends decided we should go on a weekend trip to the Basque Country. I was planning to try Renfe's TrenHotel Posted by danics in World Away | Nov 29, 2013
- PutucusiI am a go with the flow type of traveller, as are most of the people I have met during my 2 years! I arrived in Aguas Calientes with the intention of getting up early and hiking the famous Huayna Posted by davidt.ontour in Biting a Piece of the South America Cake | Oct 10, 2013
- My new home...Today is the day I find out where my new home will be for the next 11 months. I’ve been told I have to wait for my medical results, but then I’ll be heading to my new school on Friday. Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Sep 6, 2013
- From 252 kph to zeroAfter our huge day yesterday, it was very tempting to sleep in and do nothing this morning, however we needed to get to Firenze (Florence).
Our driver met us at 9:20 and took us to the railway station, which was a Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 20, 2013
- Day 18 - Bamboo Train and Rice Planting in PursatBreakfast at 7:30 am at our hotel. I had a great sleep last night and it is the simple things in life such as a good night's sleep that one often appreciates. We arrived for breakfast Posted by Sydney324 in To Cambodia with HOPE | Jul 30, 2013
- 23 Hour Train Journey from Kunming to GuilinThe music is soooooo loud and I've had my earplugs in all day. The A/C is on full blast and I'm freezing. Plus I'm getting bitten alive by bed bugs. AND IT SMELLS.
However I have written Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jun 24, 2013
- THE beach Is it worth it?
That's the question posed when I tell people that I have saved hundreds and thousands of pounds to travel across the globe with a rucksack on my back containing little more than five pairs of Posted by kristian23 in Asian Adventures | Jun 21, 2013
- Train to Hoi An05-April-2012
As I start this today, I am still sitting on the train. Isaac has just woken up on the top bunk announcing that this was a great experience and a very relaxing place to sleep. I might have agreed initially Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 22, 2013
- Jodhpur - The Blue CityThe three lads, Timmy, Cecil and Marion, had had no intention of going to Jodphur, so they were eager to get train tickets booked to Jaisalmer asap so they could do a camel safari. I decided to follow Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Apr 2, 2013
- Always choose local transport!”Assalamu alaykum” the Kazakh jeep driver who is taking me and a jeep full of people from Khovd to Ölgii in Western Mongolia is teaching me and a British girl some basic Kazakh phrases. Something that will come in handy Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Apr 14, 2013