Blog Entries tagged 'train'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'train'
- Trans Iberian TrainAfter returning from Madeira, the travel bug couldn't be kept away for too long, so me and a couple of friends decided we should go on a weekend trip to the Basque Country. I was planning to try Renfe's TrenHotel Posted by danics in World Away | Nov 29, 2013
- PutucusiI am a go with the flow type of traveller, as are most of the people I have met during my 2 years! I arrived in Aguas Calientes with the intention of getting up early and hiking the famous Huayna Posted by davidt.ontour in Biting a Piece of the South America Cake | Oct 10, 2013
- My new home...Today is the day I find out where my new home will be for the next 11 months. I’ve been told I have to wait for my medical results, but then I’ll be heading to my new school on Friday. Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Sep 6, 2013
- From 252 kph to zeroAfter our huge day yesterday, it was very tempting to sleep in and do nothing this morning, however we needed to get to Firenze (Florence).
Our driver met us at 9:20 and took us to the railway station, which was a Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 20, 2013
- Day 18 - Bamboo Train and Rice Planting in PursatBreakfast at 7:30 am at our hotel. I had a great sleep last night and it is the simple things in life such as a good night's sleep that one often appreciates. We arrived for breakfast Posted by Sydney324 in To Cambodia with HOPE | Jul 30, 2013
- 23 Hour Train Journey from Kunming to GuilinThe music is soooooo loud and I've had my earplugs in all day. The A/C is on full blast and I'm freezing. Plus I'm getting bitten alive by bed bugs. AND IT SMELLS.
However I have written Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jun 24, 2013
- THE beach Is it worth it?
That's the question posed when I tell people that I have saved hundreds and thousands of pounds to travel across the globe with a rucksack on my back containing little more than five pairs of Posted by kristian23 in Asian Adventures | Jun 21, 2013
- Train to Hoi An05-April-2012
As I start this today, I am still sitting on the train. Isaac has just woken up on the top bunk announcing that this was a great experience and a very relaxing place to sleep. I might have agreed initially Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 22, 2013
- Jodhpur - The Blue CityThe three lads, Timmy, Cecil and Marion, had had no intention of going to Jodphur, so they were eager to get train tickets booked to Jaisalmer asap so they could do a camel safari. I decided to follow Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Apr 2, 2013
- Always choose local transport!”Assalamu alaykum” the Kazakh jeep driver who is taking me and a jeep full of people from Khovd to Ölgii in Western Mongolia is teaching me and a British girl some basic Kazakh phrases. Something that will come in handy Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Apr 14, 2013
- Goa part 3Had a bit of a headache the next day so found John and went to Cuba for a curer and some more chilling.
Later, myself and Corey decided to go see sunset on Monkey BEach, which was right at the Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Mar 21, 2013
- The Legends are True!The Trans-Siberian has always been the stuff of legend to travellers. Though I honestly imagined some of the stories; the welcoming people, the hospitality, the feeling of distance, and the time that flies to be just that – legend, from Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Mar 13, 2013
- The Ural Mountains: Where Credit Cards stop workingTravel writers often believe that: “You [the reader] don’t want to hear about the traveller’s fun; what keeps you reading is the traveller’s misery, outrage and near-death experience.” (Poul Theroux: The Tao of Travel)
I tend to agree. The Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Mar 8, 2013
- LOST ON A TRAIN!My dream finally came true. We traveled on an overnight passenger train... and it was blissful.
I fell asleep in my little cot to the rumble of the train and the soundtrack to Darjeeling Limited.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/553153/IMG_5422.jp Posted by Fabian1993 in Study Abroad (Spring 2013) | Mar 6, 2013
- Departure![float=left][/float]The day has finally arrived were I’m stepping aboard the most famous rail way in the wo Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Mar 5, 2013
- Buying train tickets in BelorussianHow do you get by without talking the languish? It's a question I get a lot talking about these trips of mine to obscure places.
Normally going to the ticket window and ordering a train ticket is a fairly simple task Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Mar 1, 2013
- Border Hopping - part 1Last week we all had the uni Winter Break, also known as reading week (though let's not kid ourselves, not much study got done). Most of the exchange students here took off to some place or another, the top three Posted by maplemoose in Right side, Wrong hemisphere | Mar 3, 2013
- More Maastricht!I thought it was time to give a spiel about the historic city that I'm living in. The place is really old, disputably the oldest city in the Netherlands and this really adds to the character, something that Australia just Posted by Jack Chaffey in Europe | Mar 2, 2013
- Holy Cow - I'm in India!!So get into Bangalore airport at 9 am, sun is shining, smarmy man offers me a cab for a trillion rupees... I decide to take the bus - I have plenty of time to kill and I hate Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Mar 2, 2013
- Glimpse from the North Russian railThe scenery outside the window shifts between snow covered pine forest and a landscape of small hills dotted with much lower and more widespread trees – also covered in snow. Overall snow and trees are the norm here in Northern Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Feb 5, 2013
- Beijing Day 15 - Train to Datong & Holiday InnEtta decided that while she was in Beijing, we should take a side trip to Datong. She's an absolute sucker for grottoes. So she booked the 6 Days Travel from Datong to Pingyao and Taiyuan trip with TCT. This is Posted by FrancisQ in RamBLer WithOUT BorDers | Nov 9, 2012
- 1st LegFinally packed everything last night with some help from Gaby and Mum. Not taking too much crap! Got everything into my big hiking bag, plenty of warm clothes etc.
Took the train to Newcastle Posted by Jack Chaffey in Europe | Jan 17, 2013
- Rolling to HetianFrom Kashgar to Hetian,
August 23rd 2012
I could have taken a night train last night, but I wasn't sure what time I would be back in Kashgar from Karakul. Instead of pumping my heart harder because of being in a hurry, Posted by automidori in A Thread of Silk | Nov 5, 2012
- Hoi An to HueSo if anyone read the last post, our next journey was the overnight train from Nha Trang to Danang. Now this train was slightly worse then the previous train and no where near as clean. Unfortunately we were not given Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Oct 27, 2012
- Good morning, Vietnam!"So the weary travellers climbed off the bus after an 8 hour drive from Pnom Penh in Cambodia at the bus station in Ho Chi Minh City.........."
Ok so this place was like nothing we had ever seen before. The Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Oct 24, 2012